A Question That Has Stumped Everyone. . .

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Beast Master » A question that has stumped everyone. . .
A question that has stumped everyone. . .
By Firewing 2012-07-28 00:29:14
Link | Quote | Reply

So, I have this question that no one can answer. Well, at least, no one can give me a consistent answer with viable proof or results. I know this has been discussed before, but I want proof from someone who can provide it for me.

---------------------------------------------------------------------
According to Wiki:
Monster Jackcoat: "Augments Reward" (Removes weight, slow, and silence)
Monster Jackcoat +2: "Augments Reward III" (Removes the same as above)

Beast Jackcoat: "Augments Reward" (Removes paralyze, poison, and blind)
Beast Jackcoat+1: "Augments Reward" (Removes paralyze, poison, blind, weight, slow, and silence)

---------------------------------------------------------------------

I talked with one BST today, and he told me it was glitched, and MJ+2 was the same as MJ+1. He also said that BJ+1 is the best right now, as it removes the most status ailments. He had no proof other than what wiki and others had said.

BUT! I talked with one BST, Harcombe on Asura (apparently is a well-known BST with a Guttler). He told me that MJ+2 does what the BJ+1 does, i.e. it removes all 6 status ailments listed above. I asked how he knew he said:

"I went /rdm, casted enfeebles on a bee, charmed it, used reward, and it removed them all."

I thought this was a great test, and if it's true what he said, then MJ+2 would be what I want to upgrade.

Can anyone back up his claim? Does anyone know if this is true? Can someone TEST it with screenshots PLEASE?

(I.e., someone who has a MJ+2 go /rdm, enfeeble paralyze, poison, and blind, and then charm it. Afterwards, use reward with filters off and see if it removes these. Next, do the other 3, and see if it does those. Then, try all 6, and see if it does those.

tl;dr version: Does Monster Jackcoat +2 do the same as Beast Jackcoat +1 as claimed by a well-known BST that said he tested it, despite what WIKI and everyone I've talked to says? Can someone please test this with screenshots before I dump my gil on +2 it for my reward set?

<in before the BJ acronym is used for dirty jokes>

Thank you,
-Firewing
By Xenshi 2012-07-28 01:17:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Thought this was FINALLY the answer to how to activate the latent on Foolkiller. :/
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Falkirk
Guide Maker
Server: Quetzalcoatl
Game: FFXI
user: Falkirk
By Quetzalcoatl.Falkirk 2012-07-28 12:13:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Yes, this was tested back in Dec 2011.

Currently, all the Jackcoats function the same, despite the supposed difference in Augments Reward tiers. Beast Jackcoat/Monster Jackcoat/Monster Jackcoat+2 all remove the same status ailments (Silence, Slow, Weight, Paralysis, Poison...)
[+]
 Bismarck.Misao
Server: Bismarck
user: misacat
By Bismarck.Misao 2012-07-28 12:35:17
Link | Quote | Reply

[+]
 Bismarck.Bloodbathboy
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Bloodbathboy 2012-07-28 20:34:31