Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Ranger » Merit questiion
Merit questiion
By testi 2012-07-27 19:42:54
Link | Quote | Reply

I currently have 12 str merits and am debating doing agi or dex for the other 12. The jobs I play are rng, bst, nin. I have Kannagi, Kraken club, and currently working on Annihilator.
 Bismarck.Faelar
Server: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
user: Faelar
By Bismarck.Faelar 2012-07-27 19:53:09
Link | Quote | Reply

testi said: »
I currently have 12 str merits and am debating doing agi or dex for the other 12. The jobs I play are rng, bst, nin. I have Kannagi, Kraken club, and currently working on Annihilator.

AGI is the sole modifier of Blade: Hi (60%), and Coronach is 40% AGI/DEX.

I'd pick AGI so both benefit.
 Odin.Rikiyame
Server: Odin
user: Rikiyame
By Odin.Rikiyame 2012-07-27 19:55:41
Link | Quote | Reply

AGI will give you a 3 DPS increase and DEX will give you a 6 DPS increase, on NIN, per Mote's sheets, on Dyna DC settings.
 Siren.Kalilla
VIP
Server: Siren
user: Kalila
By Siren.Kalilla 2012-07-27 20:17:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Not to stray away from the OP's question, but what do you think will happen to merit point distribution from this update?

≪Attributes≫

Maximum total upgrades: 12
Merit point cost: 3/6/9/9/9/12/12/12/12/15/15/15
STR
DEX
VIT
AGI
INT
MND
CHR
Upgrade 1  Upgrade 2  Upgrade 3  Upgrade 4 
Upgrade 5  Upgrade 6  Upgrade 7  Upgrade 8 
Upgrade 9  Upgrade 10  Upgrade 11  Upgrade 12 
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2012-07-27 20:23:14
Link | Quote | Reply

probably just double the current numbers... don't suspect there'll be any massive sway to any single stat or so since there's so much variety, which is already pretty well shown in those census results.

Though I have to ask wtf the people who merit VIT are smoking
 Ramuh.Austar
Server: Ramuh
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2012-07-27 20:24:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Badass MNKs with Spharai for chakra and final heaven.
By testi 2012-07-27 20:34:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks everyone I'm going to go dex.
 Siren.Thoraeon
Server: Siren
user: Thoraeon
By Siren.Thoraeon 2012-07-27 20:51:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Excellent choice.
 Odin.Sawtelle
Server: Odin
user: tooheyv
By Odin.Sawtelle 2012-07-27 21:00:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Prothescar said: »
probably just double the current numbers... don't suspect there'll be any massive sway to any single stat or so since there's so much variety, which is already pretty well shown in those census results.

My healer mules getting 12 vit to go with her 12 mnd! preupdate, probably every pld with a svatta ring also had vit merits.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Server: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2012-07-27 21:05:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Faelar said: »

You're neglecting critrate.

That said, ***varies - if you don't use your NIN for anything but fodder (EPs/Abyssea content) then it's conceivable that you'd get more use out of the AGI. Not sure how your BST weighs into this - obviously it doesn't benefit much from AGI, but I don't know how much benefit you're getting out of the DEX either without a general idea of gear/targets.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2012-07-27 21:07:42
Link | Quote | Reply

And considering that Blade: Hi is a *** to stack DEX/crit rate for to begin with, that 12 is pretty nice
By testi 2012-07-27 21:32:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Nightfyre said: »

That said, ***varies - if you don't use your NIN for anything but fodder (EPs/Abyssea content) then it's conceivable that you'd get more use out of the AGI. Not sure how your BST weighs into this - obviously it doesn't benefit much from AGI, but I don't know how much benefit you're getting out of the DEX either without a general idea of gear/targets.

I use bst for dynamis and random notorious monsters nin for abyssea and rng for larger groups. As for gear I have kannagi, Kraken club, Astolfo: str, pet -pdt x2, AF3+2 for all three jobs, Af2+2 for all three jobs and currently working on Annihilator.
 Bismarck.Altar
Server: Bismarck
user: altar1
By Bismarck.Altar 2012-07-27 21:40:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Prothescar said: »

Dat Upheaval.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Server: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2012-07-27 21:51:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Nightfyre said: »

I use bst for dynamis and random notorious monsters nin for abyssea and rng for larger groups. As for gear I have kannagi, Kraken club, Astolfo: str, pet -pdt x2, AF3+2 for all three jobs, Af2+2 for all three jobs and currently working on Annihilator.
I'd go with AGI then. NIN won't benefit from DEX in Abyssea, afaik BST doesn't TP in enough DEX for it to significantly boost your critrate in Dynamis, and RNG will benefit more from the AGI.
 Carbuncle.Shokox
Server: Carbuncle
user: Shokox
By Carbuncle.Shokox 2012-07-28 10:11:02
Link | Quote | Reply

AGI for sure. Yuo may also obtain Last Stand (or should, since you are working on Anni), which too benefits from AGI greatly.

Not to say that DEX isn't a good choice either, just seems you'll get more mileage from maxing AGI in the long run.
By testi 2012-07-28 11:33:47
Link | Quote | Reply

In that case I will go agi, thanks.
 Asura.Hotsoups
Server: Asura
user: Hotsoups
By Asura.Hotsoups 2012-07-28 12:25:50
Link | Quote | Reply

I play ninja corsair and ranger pretty exclusively on this character. I'm leaning towards STR and AGI 12. Blade: Hi, Coronach, Last Stand, Wildfire.
 Shiva.Kollosis
Server: Shiva
user: Kollosis
By Shiva.Kollosis 2012-08-12 05:38:29
Link | Quote | Reply

RNG and BLU are what my stat merits go towards, so i think im leaning on Str and Dex
 Sylph.Siccmade
Server: Sylph
By Sylph.Siccmade 2012-08-12 06:23:19
Link | Quote | Reply

For RNG, AGI.