A Scholar's Education (Guide)

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Scholar » A Scholar's Education (Guide)
A Scholar's Education (Guide)
First Page 2 3 ... 37 38 39 ... 99 100 101
 Bahamut.Tychefm
Server: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: Lyramion
By Bahamut.Tychefm 2015-11-23 05:24:41
Link | Quote | Reply

The Flurry amount of Embrava was set to be the same amount as Haste%.

For the rest I have no answer.
 Bismarck.Snprphnx
Server: Bismarck
user: Snprphnx
By Bismarck.Snprphnx 2015-11-23 07:01:09
Link | Quote | Reply

This is pulled from the BG Dev tracker thread

10-23-2012
Quote:
*Tabula Rasa
The effects of the white magic "Embrava" will be adjusted as follows:
**Duration: Reduced from 5 minutes to 90 seconds.
**Haste Effect: Reduced from 1% per 15 to 1% per 20 enhancing skill. Maximum of +25% at 500 enhancing skill.
**Regain Effect: Changed to Refresh effect (the #/tick is the same as before, based on skill).

So Flurry caps at 25%, and 500 Enhancing Magic Skill is the top tier. Now, another thing to consider is Embrava is Enhancing Magic, and the Telchine augments that increase Enhancing Magic Duration will apply. So you can cap both do 5/5 Telchine (or 4/5 Telchine and Emp gloves for Perpetuance bonus),and max Enhancing Magic Skill in the other slots, and cap at >500 skill and max duration
 Asura.Sechs
Server: Asura
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2015-11-23 09:58:27
Link | Quote | Reply

First of all thanks for digging that info Snp.
While I'm particularly convinced that it caps at 500, SE doesn't always say perfectly correct things in their notes. This might be unlikely, but it could be just one of those situations.

Plus, from the way it's worded in english, they specifically talk only about the HASTE part capping at 500, they do not mention Refresh or Regen capping at 500.
Maybe it goes without saying... or maybe it doesn't cap at 500.
It's why I was wondering if anybody tested it in the first place xD
 Shiva.Hiep
Server: Shiva
user: Hiepo
By Shiva.Hiep 2015-11-26 07:59:38
Link | Quote | Reply

For Arbatel Bracers +1's effect on Immanence, do the gloves have to be equipped during JA activation or during midcast of spell?
 Bahamut.Tychefm
By Bahamut.Tychefm 2015-11-26 08:20:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Midcast of the spell.
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2015-11-26 08:35:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Speaking of which, what's the exact effect of them over Immanence?
Is it just Skillchain damage or does it give a boost to Magic Bursts as well?
 Bahamut.Tychefm
By Bahamut.Tychefm 2015-11-26 08:43:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Just the skillchain itself. Same with Amalric Legs.
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2015-11-26 09:52:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Meh, not really a big deal then.
Unless you're making a very very very big skillchain, the damage you lose from swapping proper nuking hands for Arbatel probably will be bigger than the damage you gain from the additional SC.

Thinking about the Samurai "SC boosting JA" and how it works accordingly if you use it before the opening WS or the closing WS... how does this boost works? To receive the Skillchain boost do you have to equip arbatel hands on the closing spell, or the opening one?

As I'm susre you all know on Samurai the effect changes. If it's on the opening WS it boosts SC damage, if it's on the closing WS it boosts MB damage.
 Bismarck.Squah
user: Squah
By Bismarck.Squah 2015-11-26 10:16:04
Link | Quote | Reply

I haven't played since February or so, but I've always kept an eye on patches, so I have a general idea of what I need to get now that I'm regearing my SCH back up to par.

Can anyone point me in the direction of up-to-date sets for... literally everything? Fast cast, enhancing midcast, cure midcast, enfeebling etc? The only modern sets I've really been able to find are the nuking/MBB sets. I tried looking at the WHM section for the cure set, but lately they've only been posting melee sets lol, and the cure sets I have been seeing are mostly WHM JSE gear that SCH obviously cannot wear.
 Odin.Sawtelle
Server: Odin
user: tooheyv
By Odin.Sawtelle 2015-11-29 02:25:37
Link | Quote | Reply

I just remembered this exists. Keep on keeping on scholar bros!
By Chimerawizard 2015-11-29 07:07:27
Link | Quote | Reply

oh yeah, I never got around to updating the guide. These are sets I made up before the november update, so some resenjima stuff replaces stuffs. (cure set, has lots of enmity- instead of some extra healing skill because I prefer it)

ItemSet 338349
head & body: aug cure potancy. hands & legs: MND. feet: skill.

ItemSet 338164
as math sets go, a near unobtainable body. Most likely replace body for 10 FC, ammo: 2 FC, & ring2: 2 FC. legs aug: 7 FC

ItemSet 338165
Set updated: assumed 1710+ job points & cap enhancing magic merits. swap out the rf3 hands for more telchine if not using perpetuance.

ItemSet 338187

ItemSet 338166

ItemSet 338116
aug: PDT & MDT

ItemSet 338117
aug: m.evasion
[+]
 Bahamut.Tychefm
By Bahamut.Tychefm 2015-11-29 08:26:55
Link | Quote | Reply

FastCast:

Merlinic can be auged up to +7 FC with luck or +5 with some effort. This leads to:

FC 13-15 Head
FC 11-13 Body
FC 10-12 Feet

There is also a Perimede cape with 4% Instacast making capping it out at 10 with Back+Weatherspoon+Witful super easy.

Enfeeble:

http://www.ffxiah.com/item/25844/chironic-hose

Those are the new king with unrivaled MACC/Enfeeble combo and the unique Immunobreak +1 stat that helps a ton on the new Reisen T3.

Chironic Hands, Merlinic Head, Chironic head with enough +MACC Augment can beat the current options well.

We also get a +10MACC earring from Reisen T2.
[+]
 Shiva.Tilanna
user: Tilanna
By Shiva.Tilanna 2015-11-29 09:37:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Tychefm said: »
Those are the new king with unrivaled MACC/Enfeeble combo and the unique Immunobreak +1 stat that helps a ton on the new Reisen T3.

What does the Immunobreak+1 do? Does it let your enfeebles bypass a monster's immunities?
By Chimerawizard 2015-11-29 12:54:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Tychefm, maybe you know the answer to this: Which set is better for a quick MDT swap?
Critiques welcomed.
ItemSet 338117
ItemSet 339735
 Bahamut.Tychefm
By Bahamut.Tychefm 2015-11-29 13:22:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Ha you got blinded the same as me... look at the jobs of the Asklepian belt. I usually use Porous Rope instead.

I use the 2nd set because when I use it I want to make sure to resist status alignments like para, stun, petrify etc moreso than incoming damage. Mine looks pretty much the same except still using Sanare to give up 2 MEVA for 4MDB and +1 inv.
By Chimerawizard 2015-11-29 13:31:12
Link | Quote | Reply

NOOOOOOO
makes sense.
 Sylph.Gobbo
Server: Sylph
user: Gobbo
By Sylph.Gobbo 2015-11-29 13:32:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Tilanna said:
What does the Immunobreak+1 do? Does it let your enfeebles bypass a monster's immunities?

Doesn't necessarily do that, immunobreak procs makes it easier to land that particular debuff. If I had to guess, would make it easier to proc immunobreak.
 Bahamut.Tychefm
By Bahamut.Tychefm 2015-11-29 13:40:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Gobbo said: »
Doesn't necessarily do that, immunobreak procs makes it easier to land that particular debuff. If I had to guess, would make it easier to proc immunobreak.

We don't know for sure but this should pretty much be it or count 1 immunobreak for 2.

It's important for Reisenjima T3 Peiste "Maju". He needs to be blinded to stop his ~1% HP/tick regen and disable his zombie gaze at the same time. I usually need to hit 2x Immunobreaks before it lands even with a ton of MACC buffs.
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2015-11-29 16:50:43
Link | Quote | Reply

I get nobody ever tested this? I was being curious how that bonus works and if it changes like the SAM one according to when you use it.

Anyway, I need a suggestion.
Long ago when I reworked/created my SCH and GEO luas, I split my nuke sets in two. One for lowtier/helix, one for High tier.
It's not perfect, but I'm just an average mage, and back then the gearing options made sense to be split that way.

I looked at my set again and I'm not sure I can justify the existance of this double set anymore.
There's a few specific low-tier items that I use in my sets (Buremte Hat, Satlada Necklace, Crematio Earring, Otomi Gloves, Acuity Belt +1 to name some that I remember u sing).

Is it really still worth it? I'm questioning wether I should just ignore this low tier set and use my high tier set for everything and save some inventory space.
 Asura.Devdas
user: Lerouge
By Asura.Devdas 2015-12-19 01:57:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Sechs said: »
Is it really still worth it? I'm questioning wether I should just ignore this low tier set and use my high tier set for everything and save some inventory space.

That depends on if you are really hurting for inventory and/or if you give enough of a ***to have two different sets. It's worth it especially since you will use a lot of the low tier nuke pieces for helix spells as well if I recall.
 Ragnarok.Presidentobama
Server: Ragnarok
user: kasain
By Ragnarok.Presidentobama 2015-12-21 01:29:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Do you guys think our new rema weapon will enhance shattersoul? I am getting giggly over the self skillchain, lumin helix, stone, distortion, shattersoul darkness. With the 500 tp bonous.

I so want to see my empys new power!

http://www.ffxiah.com/player/Ragnarok/Ahnyeuem
 Bahamut.Tychefm
By Bahamut.Tychefm 2015-12-21 05:33:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
I looked at my set again and I'm not sure I can justify the existance of this double set anymore.
There's a few specific low-tier items that I use in my sets (Buremte Hat, Satlada Necklace, Crematio Earring, Otomi Gloves, Acuity Belt +1 to name some that I remember u sing).

Only things I really swap in are Fenrir Rings +1 now for lowtier/helix. Rest is too much of an MACC loss or not worth keeping my slot for.

Quote:
I am getting giggly over....

- TP Bonus on Shattersoul only enhances the debuff duration. But wait.. even this has actually been BROKEN for months. No matter when you WS it will always be 60 seconds.
- SE said the WS on the Aeonics will be as strong as a level 5 merited weaponskill.
- Don't expect to see these weapons ANY time soon. Our LS killed WoC multiple times and even killed Teles. The last 6 NMs are above and beyond the difficulty of the rest of NMs. They are the true final Bosses of FFXI. The Worm counters repeated Skillchains with "Doomvoid" AoE death for example.
 Bismarck.Squah
user: Squah
By Bismarck.Squah 2015-12-21 06:33:45
Link | Quote | Reply

So, for sabotender royal solo, its as simple as grav kiting right?
 Bahamut.Tychefm
By Bahamut.Tychefm 2015-12-21 06:53:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
sabotender royal solo

I think it's quite resistant to Gravity being a Sabotender and all. I usually put 3 trust tanks on it (Amchuchu/Gessho/August) and 2 WHM (Apururu/Cheruki).

It's AI will always do 2000 needle first, then 4000 needle and as 3rd it will use "??? Needles" often killing all the tanks.

By the time it uses the 3rd move it usually is around 10-20% HP however and I'm able to finish it off. Sometimes accidents happen but your helix will tick it down and you reclaim at 1% to finish.
 Bahamut.Foreverj
user: Foreverj
By Bahamut.Foreverj 2015-12-21 08:14:04
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm doing around 9-11 k thunder V magic burst on ironside. Sometimes thunder IV does 12k. Without looking at gears is that number low? Do I need more magic accuracy? I am also 5 JpS only. (Working on it) lol
 Fenrir.Montaeg
Server: Fenrir
user: Montaeg
By Fenrir.Montaeg 2015-12-21 08:41:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Tychefm said: »
Quote:

Only things I really swap in are Fenrir Rings +1 now for lowtier/helix. Rest is too much of an MACC loss or not worth keeping my slot for.

I'm wondering if you actually tested that fenrir +1 out do shiva +1 on high dINT targets, since shiva +1 seem like they should be superior. Helix 1 has a reported M value of 1 (via wikia) which means 1 INT should be the equivalent of 1 magic damage which would leave shiva +1 ahead by 8. As you go up in tiers you usually have an increase M value so I would expect shiva+1 to be even further ahead for helix 2. Seems like fenrir +1 would only really win when you're dINT capped. Seems not worth the inventory/gil unless maybe you also play COR. I don't have any fenrir +1s to go out and test with though.

Based on some random testing I did a few weeks ago I think even if you made all the possible potential improvements for a helix set (which I think actually involve stacking INT over MAB so maybe the necklace/belt could be a thing) I don't think you would come out more than 200 damage ahead, which is pretty marginal.

Also, I don't know if this have ever been noted, but with the recent immanence update I was testing out -ga SC-ing on targets with shadows. Seems like it works when the -ga only hits a single target, but not when it hits multiple targets. So it will work for things like Teodor/AA HM but not for something like vagary mithra (unless you separate the mobs maybe). I need to go actually confirm this on mandies though.
 Cerberus.Midgitis
Server: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Midgitis 2015-12-21 08:42:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah that's low. Job points of course will help a lot with that. Sch should be able to do an easy 30k+ with T5 on ironside with gifts and decent gear. Possibly more, I've only nuked it ever as blm.

Gifts will add a lot to your acc and damage. Gear alone probably won't make up the difference unless you get some insane augments.
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2015-12-21 09:09:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Haven't tried myself but the sch I was with reported ga spells not working on teodor. If I remember his words correctly, he said immanence wasn't getting consumed at all
 Caitsith.Mahayaya
Server: Caitsith
user: Trebold
By Caitsith.Mahayaya 2015-12-21 09:29:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Didn't they say they would look into making Haste Ascensionable now? Plus it would be nice if SCH got Haste natively or via Addendum: Light now that Haste II exists. Though I can't really complain because SCH is in a OP state right now.
 Shiva.Hiep
user: Hiepo
By Shiva.Hiep 2015-12-21 09:52:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Caitsith.Mahayaya said: »
Didn't they say they would look into making Haste Ascensionable now? Plus it would be nice if SCH got Haste natively or via Addendum: Light now that Haste II exists. Though I can't really complain because SCH is in a OP state right now.

SSShhhhhh! Don't let SE know!
First Page 2 3 ... 37 38 39 ... 99 100 101