users online
Forum » FFXI » General » evasion question
evasion question
 Hades.Holysavior
Server: Hades
Game: FFXI
By Hades.Holysavior 2009-05-23 17:28:13
Link | Quote | Reply

I've been stacking up "evasion skill" items such as evasion torque (+7 evasion skill) and boxers mantle (+10 evasion skill). I know there is gear that provides evasion in "general" like elusive earring + 5 evasion. IF I just wear gear that gives the skill part, do I have to balance it with the evasion in general gear OR the evasion in general gear just helps add a bonus to my evasion in terms of just dodging.

thanks
 Ifrit.Thunderz
Server: Ifrit
user:
By Ifrit.Thunderz 2009-05-23 17:32:28
 Delete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

1# evasion skill
2# evasion

3# agi

thats how it goes. Stack up as much eva skill then the rest will be regular eva then agi
 Unicorn.Tavlov
Server: Unicorn
user: Tomas
By Unicorn.Tavlov 2009-05-23 17:37:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Think he was asking what the difference is between evasion skill and regular eva+.
 Asura.Ludoggy
Server: Asura
user: Ludog
By Asura.Ludoggy 2009-05-23 17:38:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Eva skil=2 eavsion
1 evasion= 2agi.
 Ragnarok.Thoru
Server: Ragnarok
user: Thoru
By Ragnarok.Thoru 2009-05-23 17:49:20
Link | Quote | Reply

having a mob hundred fist and not hit you is priceless
[+]
 Ramuh.Dasva
Server: Ramuh
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-05-23 18:05:56
Link | Quote | Reply

basically the best explanation ive heard is skill is like being at a higher lvl while evasion is more like being more evasion for that lvl. So skill wont cap but evasion will more or less though supposedly agi raises the soft cap on that.
[+]
 Leviathan.Chaosx
Server: Leviathan
user: ChaosX128
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2009-05-23 18:44:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Ludoggy said:
Eva skil=2 eavsion
1 evasion= 2agi.

This is the most helpful thing I've read on this topic. I like formulas, lol.

I was confused on the difference between eva and eva skill too. I was even more confused when someone tried to tell me that once your evasion skill is capped for whatever level eva+ gear doesn't do anything and that only eva skill+ gear would help. That didn't make sense to me at all seeing how some NIN gear, don't remember exactly which ones, give eva+ that are for a lvl 75 nin.

Reading the explanation on ffxiclopedia made me somewhat less confused, but nothing concrete.
 Hades.Holysavior
Server: Hades
By Hades.Holysavior 2009-05-23 20:00:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Dasva said:
basically the best explanation ive heard is skill is like being at a higher lvl while evasion is more like being more evasion for that lvl. So skill wont cap but evasion will more or less though supposedly agi raises the soft cap on that.

yes this is the response I was looking for. It does make sense a bit I guess. As you level the "cap" for evasion "skill" or any skill in general it raises by 3 or 5 depending on the level you level UP too.

Thank you that was very helpful.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [430 days between previous and next post]
 Quetzalcoatl.Buckeyespud
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Carste
By Quetzalcoatl.Buckeyespud 2010-07-27 17:04:01
Link | Quote | Reply

I wanted to do a search on this topic before creating a new one because I'm still a little confused on how to determine cap on something and to know how much evasion as opposed to evasion skill equipment to put on. Let me provide an example and see if I have this right.

Let's say I have a base AGI of 50.

At level 75, my evasion is capped at 269.

Without any gear on, does this mean my evasion skill is 274? (269 + (50/2))

Furthermore, let's say I equip an emp. hairpin, and also an evasion torque. My AGI is now 53. My +evasion is now 10, and my + evasion skill is now 7. How does that effect evasion. My initial thought is:

269 + 10 (from hairpin) + 7 (from torque) + 26.5 (from AGI) = 312.5 ??

If this equation is correct, I'm not seeing anywhere how you determine a cap?
 Alexander.Temaruma
Server: Alexander
user: Temarumaz
By Alexander.Temaruma 2010-07-27 18:41:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Buckeyespud said:
I wanted to do a search on this topic before creating a new one because I'm still a little confused on how to determine cap on something and to know how much evasion as opposed to evasion skill equipment to put on. Let me provide an example and see if I have this right.

Furthermore, let's say I equip an emp. hairpin, and also an evasion torque. My AGI is now 53. My +evasion is now 10, and my + evasion skill is now 7. How does that effect evasion. My initial thought is:

Quetzalcoatl.Buckeyespud
By Quetzalcoatl.Buckeyespud 2010-07-27 22:19:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Alexander.Temaruma said:

did you mean to add something?
 Alexander.Temaruma
Server: Alexander
user: Temarumaz
By Alexander.Temaruma 2010-07-27 22:37:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Well, if you want to know how much your evasion skill is.. look at the combat skills page, its pretty clear.
 Quetzalcoatl.Buckeyespud
By Quetzalcoatl.Buckeyespud 2010-07-27 22:40:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Alexander.Temaruma said:
Well, if you want to know how much your evasion skill is.. look at the combat skills page, its pretty clear.

okay you got me. maybe i should rephrase my question then. Let's say whatever skill that says is in blue meaning capped. What then does evasion gear do for me if anything?

(evasion gear meaning stuff like emp. hairpin, not evasion skill gear)
 Carbuncle.Axle
Server: Carbuncle
user: Zephin
By Carbuncle.Axle 2010-07-27 22:56:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Alexander.Temaruma said:

okay you got me. maybe i should rephrase my question then. Let's say whatever skill that says is in blue meaning capped. What then does evasion gear do for me if anything?

(evasion gear meaning stuff like emp. hairpin, not evasion skill gear)

Makes you evade more.

How much?
Depends on what your fighting. How much +10 eva will do will change mob to mob to mob. Simurgh for example, it'll help nothing. Easy prey maybe alot, even match maybe not so much. If you want to evade, go skill, evasion, and make sure you can still hit (meaning acc).

How much evasion do you need?
As much as your willing to equip. I run eva skill +10, evasion +57. On weak stuff i'm probably capped. As per evasion cap... 85%(correct me if i'm wrong).

Does +57 evasion make me invicible?
On some mobs yes, some mobs haste would of been better.

Gotta learn what you want to equip, find your happy medium on what your fighting.

No there isn't a perfect calculation for evasion. If there was it would have to take into account your agi, evasion skill, evasion +, acc of the mob, dex of mob, etc. No one cares that much about evasion to figure it out to that extreme.