Commodore Culottes+2 and the Snake Eye augment
 Asura.Hotsoups
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Hotsoups
By Asura.Hotsoups 2012-07-01 20:30:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Hey Corsairs!

I finished the exp trial for these pants two weeks ago, and I have yet to see my snake eye timer reset.

I play corsair very regularly, and was wondering if they are glitched, or if I'm doing something wrong to not see these activate? Or maybe I'm just really unlucky!

Snake eye merits are 5/5
Snake eye macro: /equip legs "Commodore Culottes +2" <wait 1>
/ja "Snake eye" <me>
 Ragnarok.Afania
Server: Ragnarok
user: Afania
By Ragnarok.Afania 2012-07-01 20:45:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Hotsoups said: »
Hey Corsairs!

I finished the exp trial for these pants two weeks ago, and I have yet to see my snake eye timer reset.

I play corsair very regularly, and was wondering if they are glitched, or if I'm doing something wrong to not see these activate? Or maybe I'm just really unlucky!

Snake eye merits are 5/5
Snake eye macro: /equip legs "Commodore Culottes +2" <wait 1>
/ja "Snake eye" <me>

According to some info on BG, 5/5 has 20% of chance to activate.....so maybe try to pop it in town for 20 times see if it still doesn't work.....
 Asura.Hotsoups
By Asura.Hotsoups 2012-07-01 20:49:32
Link | Quote | Reply

I was doing that last night actually before I logged out. Maybe they need to be equipped during the phantom roll itself?
 Leviathan.Agetos
Server: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Agetos 2012-07-01 20:55:14
Link | Quote | Reply

I've had them for about 2 months now, and it procs pretty commonly. Houtsoups is right on the proc rate. but just keep using it, its probably the best piece in the set, second piece being the head piece, 5/5 winning streak with that head keeps my rolls at around 7~8 min, i've yet to do the math on it thought it'd only take 2 min.
 Ragnarok.Afania
By Ragnarok.Afania 2012-07-01 20:57:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Hotsoups said: »
I was doing that last night actually before I logged out. Maybe they need to be equipped during the phantom roll itself?

Fairly sure it doesn't, I always wear ASA pants for PR recast-, and still have it proc on SE.....but that was ages ago, maybe merit update broke it....
 Ragnarok.Afania
By Ragnarok.Afania 2012-07-01 21:17:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Just logged in and tried....it proc after 5~6 Snake eye with 3/5 merit, used ASA pants on PR and relic+2 pants on SE.

Either bad luck or macro fail I'd say.
By Snoctopus 2012-07-01 21:28:54
Link | Quote | Reply

It seems to be less than 20% from personal experience. That said, I've done no math to prove otherwise. What I do like about the pants isn't just the reset of timer when you SE 10-11, but it gives me another option when I'm stuck on a 9 with fold down. I can snake eye and maybe get a 2, or if I get a 1 and snake eye resets itself I'm still golden.
 Asura.Hotsoups
By Asura.Hotsoups 2012-07-01 21:50:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks Afania for testing it out for me, I'm leaning towards terrible luck now.