Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Ranger » Annihilator trials
Annihilator trials
 Cerberus.Maeldiar
Server: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
user: Maddog
By Cerberus.Maeldiar 2012-06-28 21:07:58
Link | Quote | Reply

I was surprised there was no topic on this. I'm currently on arcana and was thinking ahead. A friend lent me his k. club so that is helping a ton.

My current strategy is in shrine of ru'avitau just for the constant supply of mobs. I hit a few times, last stand, hit a few times to ~30% and kill with coronach. Tping and ws'ing with a mix of haste and str gear so I have to tirelessly switch gear. Also relic+2 head is really helping the ammo conservation.

I found that in abyssea I was being hurt too much even with regen atmas and I needed many more weapon skills to kill the mobs, while in fear of killing with skillchain damage and not getting credit.

For plants I plan to go to grauberg (s) and hope there are not people there for wind trials.

For undead, I'm not quite sure yet. Was thinking gustav with doom skeles but the -piercing is a turn off. Maybe those skull mobs in aby-tahrongi will be weak enough at that point?

Where did you guys go and what were your methods?
 Cerberus.Valmur
user: Valmur
By Cerberus.Valmur 2012-06-28 21:14:49
Link | Quote | Reply

While I don't have the Annihilator Ro'Maeve is great for Arcana trials did my Gutlter very quick, for undead the basement of The Eldieme Necropolis is decent but I'm sure others could recommend better camps :)
 Cerberus.Maeldiar
By Cerberus.Maeldiar 2012-06-28 21:20:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah I thought about eldieme (S) but the repops are still 15 mins there. And elieme in the present is a pain to get around in.

As a side note, a friend came to help add some DoT so just two coronach would kill a mob, and oh my sweet jesus the low enmity ws is amazing lol
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2012-06-28 21:23:11
Link | Quote | Reply

tbh there aren't really any other options for it aside from Abyssea, and Abyssea sucks for relic trials.
 Lakshmi.Rearden
Server: Lakshmi
user: Churchill
By Lakshmi.Rearden 2012-06-28 21:33:20
Link | Quote | Reply

hounds count as undead, hounds in a-attowha are really easy. with proper bullets you should be able to kill any of them from <25%
[+]
 Cerberus.Maeldiar
By Cerberus.Maeldiar 2012-06-28 21:37:50
Link | Quote | Reply

would it be better rng/dnc with apoc and crit atmas and just kill shot with coronach?
 Cerberus.Maeldiar
By Cerberus.Maeldiar 2012-06-28 21:39:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh yeah hounds are really low def, and I've been using dweomer bullets which seem strong enough. what atmas do you suggest?
 Asura.Sanaki
Server: Asura
user: Tethys
By Asura.Sanaki 2012-06-28 21:42:03
Link | Quote | Reply

I did ro'maeve for arcana. Pag, ring, sheltered ring, wiglen, and ocelm head +1, plus book regen for 9/tick regen with /dnc. Would usually melee them down and kill shot them at 30-50%. Barrage with silver bullets so it wouldn't kill mob. activate VS right before ws and then cancel it so as not to slow down melee speed. was dual wielding haste knife and merc kris.

Same principle for undead, I went to Bost. Oub. I started at the crossing corridor where going left takes you to the bloodsuckers. Kill the ghost there, turn right, kill the hounds then the 2 ghosts at the end, back track toward where you came in and kill the hecatomb hounds. When you get back the mobs are starting to respawn usually, and if not i took a break. CAn ws kill from 50% with ada bullets. Can usually take a few steps back right before you fire to increase coro dmg a little bit. Was pretty easy, just long and mind numbing.
 Sylph.Washburn
Server: Sylph
user: Washburn
By Sylph.Washburn 2012-06-28 22:00:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Do dominion ops dolls in abyssea altep. Get regain atmas and keys, pop blue chests for tp/hp, sub sam, and just finish off dolls that other people have whittled down.

That or do the same thing to surveyors at flux 7 in ulegarand. Abyssea really will be easier, the mob respawns are faster.
 Carbuncle.Shokox
Server: Carbuncle
user: Shokox
By Carbuncle.Shokox 2012-06-29 00:13:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Just got to the arcana stage, I'ma have to try these surveyors.
 Asura.Hotsoups
Server: Asura
user: Hotsoups
By Asura.Hotsoups 2012-06-29 05:19:47
Link | Quote | Reply

I did my undead trials on the hounds in Abyssea Attowha. Was pretty smooth.
 Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Starkzz
By Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai 2012-06-29 06:20:29
Link | Quote | Reply

do something 'bout that loKi's kaftan shokox QQ

on a serious note, in regards to the undead trial, if abyssea still proves too much eldime mobs respawn timers were lowered.

Anni trials are easily the worst, have fun
 Shiva.Kollosis
Server: Shiva
user: Kollosis
By Shiva.Kollosis 2012-06-29 06:33:06
Link | Quote | Reply

TPing with a melee set and finishing it off with Coro is def the way to go, so you're doing it fine like that.

Valefor.Prothescar said: »
tbh there aren't really any other options for it aside from Abyssea, and Abyssea sucks for relic trials.

There are plenty of options outside, it just takes time to find an area you're comfortable with. Personally, I'd hate using aby because you'll have to keep re-adding time etc. and it becomes a bother. (at least to me- if you don't mind it, more power to you)

For Arcana I did ro'maeve, plantoids I did the funguar in the entrance tunnels of Bhoyada Tree, undead I did the Fomors in eldieme(s) basement. Really squishy, and if you'd prefer not to waste expensive ammo on trials you can nearly always finish these mobs off @40-50% using a low bullet like steel regardless (I know some lazy rangers out there haha)
 Carbuncle.Laitha
user: Laitha
By Carbuncle.Laitha 2012-06-29 07:33:10
Link | Quote | Reply

for Undead I ran around in eldieme (s) as a 96 rng/dnc with an o-club and used spectral jig to bypass the skelletons in the purple areas I killed the hounds that were in those hallways.

feel free to ask me any more info about annihilator trials and shokox I can help you with the actual trails if you want cuz i know they suck.
 Carbuncle.Shokox
By Carbuncle.Shokox 2012-06-29 08:08:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai said: »
do something 'bout that loKi's kaftan shokox QQ

on a serious note, in regards to the undead trial, if abyssea still proves too much eldime mobs respawn timers were lowered.

Anni trials are easily the worst, have fun

Ahh, is just my town gear. Q_Q I has normal TP gear, lol.
 Cerberus.Maeldiar
By Cerberus.Maeldiar 2012-06-30 18:31:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Finished plant trial yesterday in grauberg, which was a very nice area.

Asura.Hotsoups said: »
I did my undead trials on the hounds in Abyssea Attowha.
I killed 50 in about 100 mins before I died, this feels pretty damn slow but it did include a time of learning curve and an atma change. Atmas: RR, sanguine, mounted champion for hp upkeep

Problems I found with this camp was changing conditions. As the mobs level up they hit you a lot more and I found myself needing to waltz almost constantly depending on my luck with evading. I also found it hard to control my damage since their defense and hp goes up as well. I would end up doing way too much with last stand if I didn't /check the mob before hand and not have enough time to get 100% tp again; Or end up leaving 1% after coronach because I WS too early. They also drop stalwart gambir which is a double edged sword for the same reasons.

Carbuncle.Laitha said: »
eldieme (s)

Wiki says there are 49 hound spawns in the zone, how many do you think are in that circle? That may be the best location.

edit: was the respawn time really lowered in (S) areas? I remember doing bees in water weather in crawler's nest (s) and waiting forever for them to repop
 Odin.Ladyrikku
Server: Odin
user: LadyRikku
By Odin.Ladyrikku 2012-07-15 13:51:33
Link | Quote | Reply

If you want non-abby undead, there is lots in Caedarva Mire, bring a friend to speed up the kill. :D
 Ramuh.Laffter
Server: Ramuh
user: Rocketpop
By Ramuh.Laffter 2012-07-15 13:54:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Maeldiar said: »
Carbuncle.Laitha said: »
eldieme (s)

Wiki says there are 49 hound spawns in the zone, how many do you think are in that circle? That may be the best location.

edit: was the respawn time really lowered in (S) areas? I remember doing bees in water weather in crawler's nest (s) and waiting forever for them to repop
There's a lot, you gotta drop down to them. There's some scattered Banshee mobs too and an NM hound.
 Cerberus.Maeldiar
By Cerberus.Maeldiar 2012-07-15 22:11:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks for the advice, finished like 2 weeks ago tho lol. I did the dogs in halls as illustrated above and also added in the ones that spawn in the tunnels connecting the north east and south drop rooms. Constant kills using a kraken club spamming 2 weaponskills a piece. Still seemed to take forever tho :\
 Bismarck.Helel
Server: Bismarck
user: Billzey
By Bismarck.Helel 2012-07-15 22:49:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Am I the only one who did Bostaunieux Oubliette for undead trials? Run around and kill the dogs. They're like the lowest level possible for EP mobs. I had to do 2000 of them too; good times.
 Carbuncle.Shokox
By Carbuncle.Shokox 2012-07-19 17:42:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Helel, I've been lazy as hell, but I'm doing Bostaunieux now. It's awesome and I approve of such a place for mindless trial breaking.
 Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai
By Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai 2012-07-19 17:46:50
Link | Quote | Reply

had fun missing coro yet?
 Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai
By Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai 2012-07-19 17:48:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Just noticed your trial melee setup, may want to drop the DA/TA stuff when using Mkris

Helps!......I think
 Carbuncle.Shokox
By Carbuncle.Shokox 2012-07-20 06:01:50
Link | Quote | Reply

had fun missing coro yet?

Man, I missed Coro like 30~40 times that entire trial. -_-; Finally finished it though.

Just noticed your trial melee setup, may want to drop the DA/TA stuff when using Mkris

Helps!......I think

It does indeed help. Totally forgot the most of it's entirety. Ahh well, done now, can duo the rest with my BST mule. XD