user: Kalila
By Siren.Kalilla 2012-06-26 18:54:17
Link | Quote | Reply

06-26-2012 06:42 PM
[source]
Bayohne
Community Rep

Greetings,

I’d like to take a moment to clarify which platform Seekers of Adoulin will be available on for those that have been asking. We will continue to support North American FINAL FANTASY XI players on the PlayStation 2, Xbox 360 and PC (Windows) platforms. However, FINAL FANTASY XI: Seekers of Adoulin will only be available on the Xbox 360 and Windows platforms in North America when it is released in 2013.
Subscribe
[+]
 Bahamut.Herrmann
Server: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: Herrmann
By Bahamut.Herrmann 2012-06-26 18:54:58
Link | Quote | Reply

About. Damn. Time.
[+]
 Odin.Tsuneo
Server: Odin
user: Tsuneo
By Odin.Tsuneo 2012-06-26 18:56:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Sucks for PS2 players.
 Cerberus.Tikal
Server: Cerberus
user: Tikal
By Cerberus.Tikal 2012-06-26 18:57:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Notice they left out JP PS2.
[+]
By Thunderz 2012-06-26 18:59:26
Link | Quote | Reply

big news is big
 Odin.Tsuneo
By Odin.Tsuneo 2012-06-26 19:00:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Tikal said: »
Notice they left out JP PS2.
We already knew it was being released for JP PS2. Honestly, it's probably retailer's faults and not SE. I don't know if a full digital release of the expansion is feasible.
[+]
 Siren.Novadragon
Server: Siren
By Siren.Novadragon 2012-06-26 19:00:40
Link | Quote | Reply

For that topic part. EU doesn't have a PS2 version. The PS2 version + the Portable HDD never came in europe ^^.
[+]
 Siren.Kalilla
VIP
By Siren.Kalilla 2012-06-26 19:01:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Novadragon said: »
For that topic part. EU doesn't have a PS2 version. The PS2 version + the Portable HDD never came in europe ^^.
:) I learned something, I'll edit the title
 Cerberus.Pleebo
user: Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2012-06-26 19:02:17
Link | Quote | Reply

[+]
 Siren.Calnus
user: Calnus
By Siren.Calnus 2012-06-26 19:02:41
Link | Quote | Reply

The PS2 player base is mostly in Japan anyways. If I remember correctly they took a survey and PC/360 was grossly over that of PS2 demand in the US.
 Siren.Kalilla
VIP
By Siren.Kalilla 2012-06-26 19:03:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Calnus said: »
The PS2 player base is mostly in Japan anyways. If I remember correctly they took a survey and PC/360 was grossly over that of PS2 demand in the US.
They released the results? I never heard about it :(
 Odin.Tsuneo
By Odin.Tsuneo 2012-06-26 19:03:18
Link | Quote | Reply

I doubt if even the demand was there they could have done much.
 Asura.Fondue
Server: Asura
user: Caliber
By Asura.Fondue 2012-06-26 19:04:44
Link | Quote | Reply

rip nateen
[+]
 Cerberus.Tikal
user: Tikal
By Cerberus.Tikal 2012-06-26 19:05:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh boy.
 Asura.Fondue
By Asura.Fondue 2012-06-26 19:07:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Aeil said: »
Bahamut.Herrmann said: »
About. Damn. Time.

About damn time what? About damn time you break free of your chains and think for yourself. What will this change for you, what would dropping ps2 support ever have done for you? Lol, the only different it'd make is less people to play with, the game mechanics and graphics will never change. DO people think they're cool, picking on people for playing the game on ps2, the original platform the game was designed to play on? I just don't get the mentality of, I'm sorry to say, most people, when it comes to PS2 support. Get off your high horses, and think for yourself please. Letting windower and other programs play for you does not make you a better player. I'm very sorry the majority of you will never understand the fulfillment of tweaking your macros just right, with limited #'s of lines, and too few macros in a block, to be able to play your jobs with 60+ pieces of equipment.

reported for trolling
[+]
 Odin.Tsuneo
By Odin.Tsuneo 2012-06-26 19:08:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Fondue said: »
reported for trolling
Do you even know what trolling is? His opinion is dumb, but that doesn't make him a troll. I'm pretty sure that's called being an idiot.
[+]
 Siren.Kalilla
VIP
By Siren.Kalilla 2012-06-26 19:08:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Letting windower and other programs play for you does not make you a better player. I'm very sorry the majority of you will never understand the fulfillment of tweaking your macros just right, with limited #'s of lines, and too few macros in a block, to be able to play your jobs with 60+ pieces of equipment.
Why did you have to bring this up, you're just asking for conflict to start in this news thread.

This news is going to stir up enough as it is, there is no need to add fuel to the fire.
[+]
 Valefor.Rancor
Server: Valefor
user: Rancoor
By Valefor.Rancor 2012-06-26 19:09:09
Link | Quote | Reply

they could remove all the old low lvl content that was once loved and played though to the fullest that is just a memory of the past, and a burden to the brave new fan base.
as well as the leveling system that is not key to learning jobs since it is a leech fest and is just a waiting period before these brave new adventurers can team up with the hardened veterans that have endured what ever it is SE has done to this game in the past few years.

OR they could tell their fan base to shove it and get a PC/Xbox...

\._./ Rage minions of SE! Rage!
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2012-06-26 19:09:26
Link | Quote | Reply

I was going to respond to that horrifically idiotic post by Aeil, but I'll leave it alone for you Kal. :c
[+]
 Bahamut.Bojack
user: Bojack316
By Bahamut.Bojack 2012-06-26 19:11:18
Link | Quote | Reply

About. Damn. Time.

About time for what? lol. They're not dropping PS2 support in Japan. The expansion is still doing to be released in Japan for PS2, it only says PC/360 only in North America. Nothing changes. All they're doing is screwing over the small amount of North Americans who have the game for PS2 only causing them to have to either buy the game for another system, or buy a whole new system entirely if they want to play the expansion/new jobs.
[+]
 Cerberus.Aeil
user: aeil
By Cerberus.Aeil 2012-06-26 19:12:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Kalilla said: »
Letting windower and other programs play for you does not make you a better player. I'm very sorry the majority of you will never understand the fulfillment of tweaking your macros just right, with limited #'s of lines, and too few macros in a block, to be able to play your jobs with 60+ pieces of equipment.
Why did you have to bring this up, you're just asking for conflict to start in this news thread.

This news is going to stir up enough as it is, there is no need to add fuel to the fire.

It just gets old, I've played ps2 since NA release, so I've noticed this mentality for a very long time. It's absurd the number of people who think ps2 ruined the game, when ps2 was the original platform. The argument has grown completely redundant, the same ***being brought up over and over and over throughout the years, with people having 0 capability of forming their own thoughts, and jumping on the 'lolps2' bandwagon.
[+]
 Asura.Fondue
By Asura.Fondue 2012-06-26 19:13:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Tsuneo said: »
reported for trolling
Do you even know what trolling is? His opinion is dumb, but that doesn't make him a troll. I'm pretty sure that's called being an idiot.

he has a screenshot on his profile with windower plugins and posted what looks like a copy/paste block of ***

i'm going with troll
[+]
 Bahamut.Justthetip
user: sairasu
By Bahamut.Justthetip 2012-06-26 19:14:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Bojack said: »
About. Damn. Time.

About time for what? lol. They're not dropping PS2 support in Japan. The expansion is still doing to be released in Japan for PS2, it only says PC/360 only in North America. Nothing changes. All they're doing is screwing over the small amount of North Americans who have the game for PS2 only causing them to have to either buy the game for another system, or buy a whole new system entirely if they want to play the expansion/new jobs.
Which is why I kinda think this is dumb for them to do. If your gonna support it in JP then just support it everywhere. If taking the PS2 out of the mix isnt gonna increase graphics and gameplay then whats the point of stopping the PS2 version?
[+]
 Cerberus.Aeil
user: aeil
By Cerberus.Aeil 2012-06-26 19:15:57
Link | Quote | Reply

reported for trolling

he has a screenshot on his profile with windower plugins and posted what looks like a copy/paste block of ***

i'm going with troll

SS is playing from a hotel where I couldn't hardline my ps2
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2012-06-26 19:16:40
Link | Quote | Reply

As has been mentioned, it's very very likely a manufacturing/marketing issue. Name me one mainstream/major retailer in NA that still carries new PlayStation 2 games. You have to realize how difficult it would probably be to not only produce antiquated software, but also sell it, especially since it's a foreign company.
[+]
 Asura.Ludoggy
user: Ludog
By Asura.Ludoggy 2012-06-26 19:17:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Poor Natenn :(
[+]
 Cerberus.Pleebo
user: Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2012-06-26 19:17:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Justthetip said: »
Bahamut.Bojack said: »
About. Damn. Time.

Which is why I kinda think this is dumb for them to do. If your gonna support it in JP then just support it everywhere. If taking the PS2 out of the mix isnt gonna increase graphics and gameplay then whats the point of stopping the PS2 version?
If the numbers about the PS2 user population are true, it's probably a financially motivated decision. There just may not be enough PS2 players to justify the release of the game here. Sucks, though.
 Fenrir.Moldtech
Server: Fenrir
user: Moldtech
By Fenrir.Moldtech 2012-06-26 19:18:14
Link | Quote | Reply

I are PC user my entire FFXI career, I do not approve of this message.
[+]
 Fenrir.Camaroz
Server: Fenrir
user: camaroz
By Fenrir.Camaroz 2012-06-26 19:20:10
Link | Quote | Reply

reported for trolling

i'm going with troll

SS is playing from a hotel where I couldn't hardline my ps2

So did windower make that experience terrible? I just want to understand you if you are so against it then why did you use it?
[+]
First Page 2 ... 13 14 15