First Page 2 3 ... 8 9 10
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Server: Valefor
Game: FFXI
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2013-02-05 15:36:37
Link | Quote | Reply

And you know how? Could be part of the casting animation or an indicolure going on at the same time. Everything is speculation, nothing is certain.
[+]
 Sylph.Dasanuffadat
Server: Sylph
By Sylph.Dasanuffadat 2013-02-05 15:43:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Sehachan said: »
And you know how? Could be part of the casting animation or an indicolure going on at the same time. Everything is speculation, nothing is certain.

Well for one the semi-circle effect matches the effect that's on the caster. Could be coincidence but I doubt it. Indicolure effects create a dome around the Geomancer. There's no dome.
Guide Maker
By Quetzacoatl 2013-02-05 15:44:26
Link | Quote | Reply

by the way, where was this all announced?
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2013-02-05 15:45:41
Link | Quote | Reply

I like how well informed you are about things that no one can know for sure. I didn't even say you're wrong btw.
 Phoenix.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Server: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Sehachan 2013-02-05 15:46:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzacoatl said: »
SoA website was update like ages ago!(last week)
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
Server: Lakshmi
user: sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2013-02-05 15:46:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Just going off previous FFs, Geomancer has been underpowered in previous titles. In ffv it was a niche class at the bottom of the pile and in tactics the job was good for pegging enemies with status effects.
Guide Maker
By Quetzacoatl 2013-02-05 15:47:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Sehachan said: »
Quetzacoatl said: »
SoA website was update like ages ago!(last week)
oh, gotcha. I was assuming the SE Forums had the info up but I guess not lol.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2013-02-05 15:48:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Sucked in FF3 too. Btw the lack of the obvious terrain related ability(as seen so far)is extremely weird considering what this is <_<
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2013-02-05 15:50:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Cardinal chant seems to be the 'terrain' gimmick since SCH has the weather modifiers already.
[+]
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2013-02-05 15:50:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Mog was basically a GEO/DNC and he's the best FF character ever, I'm sure GEO will be amazing

having to go around to certain geographical locations to learn -ra spells like you had to do to learn Mog's dances would be cool, but obviously won't happen. the geography gimmick is prolly gonna manifest itself in the geomagnetic founts providing power to the Geomancers or something stupid
 Sylph.Dasanuffadat
By Sylph.Dasanuffadat 2013-02-05 15:52:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Sehachan said: »
I like how well informed you are about things that no one can know for sure. I didn't even say you're wrong btw.

I'm just stating mechanics that we know of. Every picture that we've seen so far of Indi-s and Geo-s show a dome. It's about being consistent with abilities. Sort of like how all COR rolls use the cards or how all DNC Samba's have the same /dance with similar visual effects. It's very safe to assume that all Indi-'s will have a dome.

The semi-circle is the same color and fade scheme as the effect on the caster as well. Since the ability is so transparent it makes me think that it is something we'll see often so as to not be too distracting or annoying/blocking views.

While you did not call me wrong, you did put off an idea that FFXI would throw away consistency in abilities. That's all I'm trying to say :)
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2013-02-05 15:52:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Sparthosx said: »
Cardinal chant seems to be the 'terrain' gimmick since SCH has the weather modifiers already.
I mean literally using an element depending on what you're standing on and climate attacks...sch does it differently, that would be neat <.< but whatever, instead we got Feng Shui master >.> *moves furniture in moghouse*
 Phoenix.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Server: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Sehachan 2013-02-05 15:54:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Dasanuffadat said: »
COR rolls
All rolls have completely different animations.
 Sylph.Dasanuffadat
By Sylph.Dasanuffadat 2013-02-05 15:57:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Sehachan said: »
Sylph.Dasanuffadat said: »
COR rolls
All rolls have completely different animations.

They all have the same 6 cards that circle the user is what I'm saying. It's a consistency within the ability.
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2013-02-05 16:04:29
Link | Quote | Reply

I mean they could have -ra spells have different effects based on directions and still stay true to the theme of previous Geomancer abilities.

Cast watera from NE and you get a flat dmg boost, opposite direction a mdef cone, another direction for an aoe cure, another direction for a poison effect, another to make it aoe etc etc.

It'd make which direction you nuke from tactical and supportive to your luopans and to your chosen sphere ability all while doing damage.
 Asura.Zizek
Server: Asura
user: zizek
By Asura.Zizek 2013-02-05 16:08:11
Link | Quote | Reply

idk I had a pretty sick Geomancer / Time Mage in FFT who teleported around the map and beat the ???? out of things
 Asura.Vishna
Server: Asura
user: Decadence
By Asura.Vishna 2013-02-05 16:26:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Geo-Focus: Enhances magic accuracy for party members within area of effect.

Now granted, I am not going to say that this will suddenly be the spell that changes everything, however, especially in the cases of RDMs, I think that as a support job, RDMs can be supported by this job class in one way or another to help bring back RDM, especially with the ability to stack Paralyze.

However, the expansion pack didn't come out. Maybe before we claim that PLDs or RDMs or any other job are out of the picture, maybe we can actually have it released, and then make a CREDIBLE judgement on the future of any job class in this game.
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2013-02-05 16:36:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Vishna said: »
Geo-Focus: Enhances magic accuracy for party members within area of effect.

Now granted, I am not going to say that this will suddenly be the spell that changes everything, however, especially in the cases of RDMs, I think that as a support job, RDMs can be supported by this job class in one way or another to help bring back RDM, especially with the ability to stack Paralyze.

However, the expansion pack didn't come out. Maybe before we claim that PLDs or RDMs or any other job are out of the picture, maybe we can actually have it released, and then make a CREDIBLE judgement on the future of any job class in this game.

The problem with RDM was never macc, it was the fact that mobs are using TP moves for normal hits (Iron Giants, Ixions, Harpeia, Naraka), get pegged with immunity from debuffs and that debuffs aren't needed when the strat from Abyssea onward is either to just melee zerg or to hide under Fanatic Drinks while you blitz something down.

Enfeebles arent needed, RDM has no gamechanging feebs, WHM and BLM got boosts and SCH ate up whatever room RDM had to expand by becoming the DoT mage. RDM melee has been DOA since BLU took that niche back in TOAU and the tanking role was taken away from RDM only to be now given to RUN.

The job simply has nowhere to go but enfeebles and we haven't heard squat from SE. When people say RDM is dead, its because the job has seen its avenues for expansions curtailed by the encroaching roles of every other job.

PLD on the other hand isn't in such dire straits. With an enmity fix, the job could see itself back on the frontlines as a tank which is almost a certainty the minute SE decided to work on RUN as a magic tank.

Enmity will be fixed before Seekers launches. Will RDM? That's doubtful.
[+]
 Sylph.Kawar
user: Kawar
By Sylph.Kawar 2013-02-05 18:26:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Conagh said: »
Sylph.Kawar said: »
Bismarck.Angeleus said: »
Phoenix.Cathaldus said: »
lol, there goes another nail in RDM's coffin.

LOl
the days of the pld and rdm are over i think.

They're supposed to be fixing Emnity, so hopefully PLD will make a come back.

RDM however...................... R.I.P.
I some how do not think what they do will work or i should say i do not have faith that they will fix it or understand how to fix it the right way.
 Lakshmi.Tanama
user: JDvasquez
By Lakshmi.Tanama 2013-02-06 11:55:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Did anyone notice the descriptions of GEO and RUN on finalfantasyxi.com?

Quote:
Geomancer

Utilizes "Geomancer" elemental magic. A player can use geomancy to support party members as well as attack enemies by using polarity and direction.

Rune Fencer

A tank job that utilizes elemental and enchanting runes to support attacks and defense. The Rune Fencer has the highest amount of magical defense and elemental resistance then other jobs in the game.

Okay, we already knew this, but I just never seen it so blatantly put that way before. This is raising my anticipation and desire for Seekers of Adoulin even more.
 Cerberus.Kvazz
Server: Cerberus
user: kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2013-02-06 11:59:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Still pretty sure SE completely forgot about Aegis.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Tanama
By Lakshmi.Tanama 2013-02-06 12:07:37
Link | Quote | Reply

lol

Do you think RUN's magical defenses will match Aegis or surpass it? If they're able to raise it high enough I can see RUN evading status ailments as well. Imagine they can raise their water resistance high enough to avoid amnesia.
 Siren.Kalilla
VIP
Server: Siren
user: Kalila
By Siren.Kalilla 2013-02-06 12:09:38
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't think it's going to be the job people think it will be, but we'll see.
 Valefor.Omnys
user: omnys
By Valefor.Omnys 2013-02-06 12:12:22
Link | Quote | Reply

In the beginning, it probably will be overpowered as all hell. It'll take magic damage like a pld, deflect (evade, parry) like a nin, and probably just rotate runes for CE and VE.

lol

I gotta be honest, Geo could be an awesome supertanking sub...
 Leviathan.Kincard
Server: Leviathan
user: Kincard
By Leviathan.Kincard 2013-02-06 12:13:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
The Rune Fencer has the highest amount of magical defense and elemental resistance then other jobs in the game.
Quote:
has the highest amount of magical defense and elemental resistance then other jobs
Quote:
has the highest amount then other jobs
Quote:
highest then

[+]
 Valefor.Omnys
By Valefor.Omnys 2013-02-06 12:18:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Magic defense trait will be called Aegis.
 Lakshmi.Tanama
By Lakshmi.Tanama 2013-02-06 12:21:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Kincard said: »

LOL I should have seen that. Though that is how they wrote it on the site! Look!

EDIT Guess the typo was on my part. >.> /selfpwned
 Valefor.Omnys
By Valefor.Omnys 2013-02-06 12:27:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Tanama said: »
LOL I should have seen that. Though that is how they wrote it on the site! Look!

EDIT Guess the typo was on my part. >.> /selfpwned

You chopped too early! The site goes on to remind us that paladins have spent much time training themselves spiritually so that we can bring white magic to the battlefield!!!! All is not lost!
 Leviathan.Kincard
Server: Leviathan
user: Kincard
By Leviathan.Kincard 2013-02-06 12:28:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah it's wrong on the actual site too, and that's kind of what gets to me. They don't update their actual "official site" for the game for like 4 years and when they do they make really silly grammar mistakes like that one.

I don't actually care that much, it's even kinda funny. Just kind of baffles me, is all.
 Lakshmi.Tanama
By Lakshmi.Tanama 2013-02-06 12:35:14
Link | Quote | Reply

I bet it was one of them.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 8 9 10