New Job: Geomancer
First Page 2 3 ... 7 8 9 10
 Sylph.Dasanuffadat
Server: Sylph
Game: FFXI
By Sylph.Dasanuffadat 2013-02-05 12:21:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Zizek said: »
Have they clarified how many of each category you can have going at the same time?
I believe they said 1 for each but I can't remember. It's highly possible that they'll get an item that can increase this though, much like the empyrean harp.

Odin.Jassik said: »
And i bet geo's can't be resisted and all soa nm's will be ice and earth based and flat resist rdm debuffs.

A quick look at the adversaries shows a lizard beast tribe (Ice weakness), a vermin type of monster (many weak to ice and wind), a new aquan type (many weak to ice and lightning), and then some all-new types that could be weak to anything. Don't get discouraged too soon :)
 Sylph.Kawar
user: Kawar
By Sylph.Kawar 2013-02-05 12:29:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Angeleus said: »
Phoenix.Cathaldus said: »
lol, there goes another nail in RDM's coffin.

LOl
the days of the pld and rdm are over i think.
 Siren.Barber
Server: Siren
user: Barber
By Siren.Barber 2013-02-05 12:31:47
Link | Quote | Reply

The para and grav require the GEO to be 'close' to the mob. Doubt they will cut into rdm at all for anything that matters unless the potency is high enough to offset one more person to curebomb.
 Cerberus.Conagh
Server: Cerberus
user: onagh
By Cerberus.Conagh 2013-02-05 12:43:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Kawar said: »

LOl

They're supposed to be fixing Emnity, so hopefully PLD will make a come back.

RDM however...................... R.I.P.
 Shiva.Elensar
Server: Shiva
By Shiva.Elensar 2013-02-05 12:51:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Boring.
By ScaevolaBahamut 2013-02-05 13:14:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Sehachan said: »
I'll quote myself from the other thread since the discussion moved here
Taking a closer look at the geomancer info, it specifically says that Geocolure spells and luopan can only be used as geo main, however it doesn't say this about Indicolure spells. Chances are these buffs can be used as sub then and if they don't suck geo might be a good sub for bards and corsairs.

Arguably more practical for a melee, since they are aura effects that necessitate being close to the target.

At any rate the job looks dull and impractical at this point. Maybe a potentially decent job for mules.
 Sylph.Dasanuffadat
By Sylph.Dasanuffadat 2013-02-05 13:15:21
Link | Quote | Reply

dasanuffadat said: »
New Abilities Announced!
Two Magic types within Geomancy:
Indicolure spells emanate from the Geomancer themselves while Geocolure spells emanate from luopans placed on the ground. Main job needs to be GEO to used Geocolure magic.

Indicolure Spells (Examples that were given):

Indi-Voidance: Enhances evasion for party members near the caster.
Indi-Acumen: Enhances magic attack for party members near the caster.
Indi-Gravity: Weighs down enemies near the caster and lowers their movement speed.
Indi-Paralysis: Paralyzes enemies near the caster.
Indi-Regen: Gradually restores HP for party members near the caster.

Geocolure Spells (Examples that were given):
Geo-Fury: Enhances attack for party members within area of effect.
Geo-Focus: Enhances magic accuracy for party members within area of effect.
Geo-Malaise: Reduces magic defense for enemies within area of effect.
Geo-Torpor: Reduces evasion for enemies within area of effect.
Geo-Poison: Poisons enemies within area of effect and gradually reduces their HP.

Effects are boosted by equipping a "Handbell" and having higher skill in it.

The ability "Polarity" has been renamed to "Cardinal Chant."

Also appears their AF weapon could be a club (or mythic weapon):

A handbell:

Some ability pictures:
Indi-Regen x2, Geo-Poison, a Luopan ability and Cardinal Chant x2 (appears to be a GEO's SP ability...)

Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Server: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2013-02-05 13:15:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Buffers get close to buff anyway...why in hell would a dd sub that?
By kenshynofshiva 2013-02-05 13:17:22
Link | Quote | Reply

This is gonna be a tough sell unless those buffs/debuffs are insane....
By ScaevolaBahamut 2013-02-05 13:17:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh, I misunderstood; thought people were saying it was a radiated aura rather than a static field.

Still boring!
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2013-02-05 13:18:58
Link | Quote | Reply

I doubt Cardinal Chant is a 1hour ability...it's probably a lv 60 trait or something.
 Phoenix.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Server: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Sehachan 2013-02-05 13:19:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Also I foresee geo being the new master of lag taking what was summoner's throne!
[+]
 Sylph.Dasanuffadat
By Sylph.Dasanuffadat 2013-02-05 13:22:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Sehachan said: »
Also I foresee geo being the new master of lag taking what was summoner's throne!

Lagmancer!
 Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Starkzz
By Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai 2013-02-05 13:27:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Granted it's still early, and not much has been seen thus far, however, what has been seen seems meh, not impressed at all.
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
Server: Lakshmi
user: sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2013-02-05 13:30:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Uh, Cardinal Chant is a trait that augments magic when nuking from the correct direction. It's the class mechanic.

They haven't talked about 2hrs yet.

I doubt GEO is a good sub. Buffs will be neutered, you lose any ability to cure or haste that /RDM or /WHM provide.
[+]
Guide Maker
By Quetzacoatl 2013-02-05 13:59:27
Link | Quote | Reply

My theory is the Luopan survivability could be dependent on Skill- the higher the Geomancy Skill, the longer the Luopan stay alive.

It could also be a combo of gear and skill, but this is pure speculation at this point until SE releases their word of god.
 Bismarck.Kelhor
Administrator
Server: Bismarck
user: Rooks
By Bismarck.Kelhor 2013-02-05 14:02:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzacoatl said: »
this is pure speculation at this point until SE releases their oddly worded description that will take weeks of testing to actually sort out
By Enuyasha 2013-02-05 14:10:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Conagh said: »
Sylph.Kawar said: »

LOl

They're supposed to be fixing Emnity, so hopefully PLD will make a come back.

RDM however...................... R.I.P.
if PLD comes back RDM will be back also, who will keep the PLD Refresh II'd? I know the point of Refresh is moot...but even if you can get 100 a tick refresh from other sources it doesnt hurt to have 106 (Specifically speaking for PLD,but it applies to other jobs that need MP as well [well...not BLU...because Battery Charge is just to awesome).

As for enfeebling stuff...Sabo Slow II will always beat just any SCH or WHM casting slow....and vice versa for any enfeeble (Except when you have addle from Nocturne) So this whole "LOLRDM" campaign is only a short lived thing at best from the proc based events.

the fun thing is going to be when you need a SCH AND a RDM for animus augeo/minuo + the other stuff.
 Asura.Zizek
Server: Asura
user: zizek
By Asura.Zizek 2013-02-05 14:17:25
Link | Quote | Reply

i'm actually excited for GEO but i hope the AF are macro pieces dear god >_>
 Bismarck.Kelhor
Administrator
user: Rooks
By Bismarck.Kelhor 2013-02-05 14:31:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Real Geomancers fulltime the pumpkin hat.
 Carbuncle.Nynja
Server: Carbuncle
user: NynJa
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2013-02-05 14:32:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah, hope that GEO has a bunch of situational macroed gear so you need 90 inventory slots to make it work!
 Bismarck.Danz
user: danz
By Bismarck.Danz 2013-02-05 14:37:09
Link | Quote | Reply

i kinda had hope for geo... HAD. i'm a bit disappointed. same buffs/debuffs we already have. just "re-skined" which is what this expansion pack had going for it. was the fact its not a bunch of re-skins oh well. suppose the servers will be flooded with nothing but rune fencers and all of 0 GEOs >.>
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2013-02-05 14:38:01
Link | Quote | Reply

20m says Cardinal Chant will enhance synthesis results and drop rates
[+]
 Shiva.Ariaum
Server: Shiva
user: Ariaum
By Shiva.Ariaum 2013-02-05 14:38:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Abyssea has been around for almost two an half years, Gravity II has no use or at least no use where it would be useful. Addle was given to WHM already, Temper while a very good spell no one cares if you have 20% double attack on a job you aren't hitting anything that matters on anyway, Saboteur Slow II is incredible and when paired with elegy is silly, Paralyze II and Dia III are both useful also, but sadly mostly unneeded on current content. I don't see taking a RDM to any thing but maybe salvage/salvage2 or solo duo older content(75-80). I can't see a niche RDM really fills in a party right now other than a decent filler if given no other option. If you need refresh that badly take a BRD.

I have and still play RDM albeit mostly solo/duo or for fun. The only real reason to take a RDM is for Dia III to most things and could be filled by other jobs at no real penalty.
By Enuyasha 2013-02-05 14:56:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Ariaum said: »
Abyssea has been around for almost two an half years, Gravity II has no use or at least no use where it would be useful. Addle was given to WHM already, Temper while a very good spell no one cares if you have 20% double attack on a job you aren't hitting anything that matters on anyway, Saboteur Slow II is incredible and when paired with elegy is silly, Paralyze II and Dia III are both useful also, but sadly mostly unneeded on current content. I don't see taking a RDM to any thing but maybe salvage/salvage2 or solo duo older content(75-80). I can't see a niche RDM really fills in a party right now other than a decent filler if given no other option. If you need refresh that badly take a BRD.

I have and still play RDM albeit mostly solo/duo or for fun. The only real reason to take a RDM is for Dia III to most things and could be filled by other jobs at no real penalty.
we dont know this in new content though, like you said Carnage Elegy + Sabo Slow II(Assuming 5/5'd?) and then maybe if geomancer gets a slow aura that would be an awesome reason to bring a RDM. And like i said, even if you are getting ungodly amounts of refresh from other sources it still helps to add Refresh II to the mix for even more. As a blood tank who gets their hate from cures it doesnt hurt to have more HP if/when PLDtank comes back. if you are using Addle from WHM only then you are losing a beneficial debuff on casting mobs. If you dont need the Sabo Slow II, Sabo Addle is equally as punishing to a caster mob combined with just normal Paralyze II.

Im also not saying that in the current age of "need ALL the procs" RDM is the best of the best but when the game turns to more of just kill the mob/make sure it doesnt get off a move and further away from procs and terror stun spam resolution it'll be worth a whole lot more than most people give it credit for.
By kenshynofshiva 2013-02-05 15:06:26
Link | Quote | Reply

All I keep thinking sadly is lolgeo already....
 Asura.Fondue
Server: Asura
user: Caliber
By Asura.Fondue 2013-02-05 15:09:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Gravity 2 is -40 Eva on targets so are the grav aura and the evadown aura redundant or wat
 Sylph.Dasanuffadat
By Sylph.Dasanuffadat 2013-02-05 15:09:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzacoatl said: »
My theory is the Luopan survivability could be dependent on Skill- the higher the Geomancy Skill, the longer the Luopan stay alive.

It could also be a combo of gear and skill, but this is pure speculation at this point until SE releases their word of god.

They say potency right out so I'm guessing skill could play a role in their HP as well.
Lakshmi.Sparthosx said: »
Uh, Cardinal Chant is a trait that augments magic when nuking from the correct direction. It's the class mechanic.

They haven't talked about 2hrs yet.

I doubt GEO is a good sub. Buffs will be neutered, you lose any ability to cure or haste that /RDM or /WHM provide.

True it is a Trait. Was just shocked to see an animation for a trait. I believe Treasure Hunter is the only one to have one at all currently, yes? o.O
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2013-02-05 15:13:27
Link | Quote | Reply

That's probably just a -ra spell..the pic itself just shows the geomancer in a different spot in regards to the mobs while attacking them which is the point of the trait.
 Sylph.Dasanuffadat
By Sylph.Dasanuffadat 2013-02-05 15:34:40
Link | Quote | Reply

That's probably just a -ra spell..the pic itself just shows the geomancer in a different spot in regards to the mobs while attacking them which is the point of the trait.

Job Trait definitely has its own effect going on. Thundara's don't have that semi-circle effect on monsters or create an effect on the caster.
First Page 2 3 ... 7 8 9 10