New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Geomancer » New Job: Geomancer
New Job: Geomancer
First Page 2 3 4 ... 8 9 10
By Jetackuu 2012-06-23 03:04:52
Link | Quote | Reply

I still want A+ Club skill for Whm... but nooo, instead they make another loljob.

edit: not saying GMC is lol, but the fact that they added a job is lol.
By Celangelan 2012-06-23 03:06:38
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm going to guess that the other job is a Berserker, but I'm usually wrong.
 Cerberus.Mystina
Server: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
user: Lede
By Cerberus.Mystina 2012-06-23 03:14:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Jetackuu said: »
I still want A+ Club skill for Whm... but nooo, instead they make another loljob.

NIN still has A- Katana and they are the ONLY job that can utilize the weapon..

RNG has A- in both archery and marksmenship and they are the best at ranged attacks...

in other words, some things just can't be explained.
[+]
 Bismarck.Ruizutatakau
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Ruizutatakau 2012-06-23 03:18:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Mystina said: »

RNG has A- in both archery and marksmenship and they are the best at ranged attacks...

Plenty of jobs aren't unique anymore so its not like it matters anymore. I'm just glad that the job being added is a classic mage/support job. Other job is probably Mystic Knight or something. If we're lucky its a whole new job never before seen in any Final Fantasy. Like PUP. (As in PUP was new and unique not the second new job should be played like PUP, lets just not even go there)
By Jetackuu 2012-06-23 03:26:09
Link | Quote | Reply

yeah it can:

[+]
 Cerberus.Mystina
By Cerberus.Mystina 2012-06-23 03:26:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Ruizutatakau said: »

Plenty of jobs aren't unique anymore so its not like it matters anymore. I'm just glad that the job being added is a classic mage/support job. Other job is probably Mystic Knight or something. If we're lucky its a whole new job never before seen in any Final Fantasy. Like PUP. (As in PUP was new and unique not the second new job should be played like PUP, lets just not even go there)

My problem with new jobs is them being accepted, PUP is a good job, BUT...what on earth would you use it for other then solo? as well as BST.

SE still hasn't fixed the problem with existing jobs, let alone bringing in new ones, i'm afraid Geomancer will just be another "fun, but useless for everything else but solo" jobs. so far every mage job has had a use, SCH for a long time was shunned by people who didn't like thinking, and now with embrava it's heavily bandwaged all because of ONE JA in conjuction with one spell.

but then again, i think it's more the community who turns jobs the way they are, not so much SE. well maybe both.
 Siren.Novadragon
Server: Siren
By Siren.Novadragon 2012-06-23 03:38:58
Link | Quote | Reply

My problem with new jobs is them being accepted, PUP is a good job, BUT...what on earth would you use it for other then solo? as well as BST.

SE still hasn't fixed the problem with existing jobs, let alone bringing in new ones, i'm afraid Geomancer will just be another "fun, but useless for everything else but solo" jobs. so far every mage job has had a use, SCH for a long time was shunned by people who didn't like thinking, and now with embrava it's heavily bandwaged all because of ONE JA in conjuction with one spell.

but then again, i think it's more the community who turns jobs the way they are, not so much SE. well maybe both.

O the good old days of FFXI took alot more thinking on your tactics and play to get the decent equips.
By Moonwalkerv 2012-06-23 03:39:54
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm sure its just a ploy to keep the player base and maybe entice some of them back to FF11.

11 is their cash cow and if they can make it fatter then it will help mitigate the lose they had/have with 14.
 Sylph.Katalsar
Server: Sylph
user: Katalsar
By Sylph.Katalsar 2012-06-23 03:43:02
Link | Quote | Reply

I thought SCH was the Geomancer. Geomancers are mages who quote perform "...geomancy to bend the earth itself to attack and inflicts an ailment to the targets within a certain range." Which is what SCH does in a way..for example helix and also storm spells. Idkwtf they get embrava from but It would've made sense to just give SCH these "bells" and the spells instead of making a new job. I won't lie i'm interested in seeing how these two jobs would work out, but I agree with just fixing the other jobs. Its way too late to be adding new jobs..Should've done that before increasing the level caps.
 Bahamut.Airget
Server: Bahamut
user: Airget
By Bahamut.Airget 2012-06-23 03:43:53
Link | Quote | Reply

This just popped into my head not saying I'd implement it but. With how they want to make this area explorative they should just like WIPE everything in a sense. We get 2 new jobs but the other 20 jobs change because of the influence of that region. For some strange reason when entering that region you are forced to lv 1 and you "job" and abilities are completely different... <_< like

The idea is rather then just make this like ToAU where the region will most likely be filled with high lv content. Why not make things interesting and have people start from sqaure one in this region and have their jobs develop as different concepts, perhaps tie it into the 6 guild system where each job is defined by a guild alignement and they're abilities are influenced by said guild.

So there are 6 guild and 22 jobs or maybe ignore geomancer/??? since those are unique jobs not influenced by the changes when entering the zone and then ommit the craft guild from influencing the jobs so you would have 5 guild and 20 jobs so 4 jobs per classe.

So the Information Guild could be recommended for:
Scholar=Librarian
Ninja=Infiltrator
Thief=Adventurer
Blue Mage=Morpher

Basically this idea comes from a really old 2d game that I think is still active called "Dark Ages", at one point they added in a new region however this new region didn't permit the use of the classes that people were alrdy apart of so they had to align themselves to another class when in that area and start from lv 1. I just kind of feel like if you want to get a full sense of exploration wouldn't it be interesting if they just said "let's start from scratch with job balance and really throw a wrench in the way people act with their jobs" But that's not to say you would never have access to you original jobs, there would be areas in which the influence of the environment wouldn't effect you and you would be able to be a Ninja rather than an Infiltrator.

Just think about it, imagine if you were given this whole wide open zone to explore in which mobs ranged from 1-99 yet you have to work your way to 99 rather then just defeating everything 99 in your way. To balance things out a bit though I would have it where reaching 99 on these jobs would require 50% less xp then the original classes. The idea is to just reinvigorate that sense of exploration and wonder of enjoying each area rather then just grabbing an alliance of 99's and rushing to the strongest toughest area of the zone and trying to beat it down on day 1.

While yes rewriting each job to have it's own new set of abilities/magic and maybe even weaponskills would be tough, it would be an interesting way to change things up though the below would prolly be an easier idea.

There has to be a reason why people aren't exploring these areas so how would people feel if upon entering the zone for the first time they were lv restricted to lv 1 with no sub and you had to work as a community to raise the lv cap and unlock subjobs along with your advanced classes. You attempt to zone in on Ninja and are given the message -The Mysterious forces from beyond prevent you from moving any further *go speak with NPC and x location for more details*-

Then you proceed to learn that only the 6 starting jobs are accessible as entry into the zone and you are lv restricted to lv 1. The areas in which you are given access to explore have mobs which range from 1-10 and killing the lv 1 mobs does help to influence your ability to unlock the other lvs in a way like a universal xp system, so let's say it takes a universal xp of 10k to reach lv 2, 10k isn't a lot if a lot of people are fighting and defeating mobs so the sense of having a community work together to increase the lv cap and attempting to find the secrets to unlock your advanced jobs as well as subs would add a sense of thrill into trying to find everything about the zone rather then it be all about gear, gear and more gear lol.

I dunno, I'd just like to see some sense of advancement like in CoP where you were level restricted for certain missions which simulated the idea that you were playing an RPG in which you slowly gained levels as you progressed through the story rather then be an RPG in which you start at 99 and pummel everything lol.

Um ya to condensed it down a bit I just think it would be interesting if exploration required this:
-Lv Restriction to 1
-No subs
-no advanced classes
-Exploring and finding caves unlock mysteries to alleviate the above issues as well as help unlock new areas and progress through the story.

I mean this might not be popular with most people but I feel like this would just bring about a unique experience for people who play the expansion from release with the idea that it's somewhat of a one time event that once done can't be repeated again kinda like the unlocking of the hidden mobs in Abyssea.
[+]
 Cerberus.Mystina
By Cerberus.Mystina 2012-06-23 03:49:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
I'm sure its just a ploy to keep the player base and maybe entice some of them back to FF11.

11 is their cash cow and if they can make it fatter then it will help mitigate the lose they had/have with 14.

That's exactly what they are doing, adding new content to keep this game alive, even i admit i am anxious to see how it works out, as well as the supposed 9 new zones they have coming, but more concernd of what it can do to stand up to the other mages.

when SCH 1st came out it was terrible, So of course Geo will need down the line tweaks depending on feedback, T4 spells is a good start i guess.

if one them adds "Stop" or any other various status effects with good proc rate i'll at least start of happy.
 Lakshmi.Chilzen
Server: Lakshmi
user: Chilzen
By Lakshmi.Chilzen 2012-06-23 03:58:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Since they said Bells are going into the range slot ala BRD equips, I'm hoping they further explain what kind of weapons and mage gear we can expect them to wear. Curious if it's going to be armor like RDM/BLU, or robes like WHM/BLM/SMN/SCH, since I'm sure I'm not the only one that wants to start working on farming up gear from VW and other places in advance, if possible.

Unless they basically limit them to Geomancy and Elemental, and have them use some crazy stat mod like CHR for their spells. Or tons of mods like in the case of BLU.
 Fairy.Ghaleon
Server: Fairy
user: MisterRyu
By Fairy.Ghaleon 2012-06-23 03:59:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Chilzen said: »
Since they said Bells are going into the range slot ala BRD equips, I'm hoping they further explain what kind of weapons and mage gear we can expect them to wear. Curious if it's going to be armor like RDM/BLU, or robes like WHM/BLM/SMN/SCH, since I'm sure I'm not the only one that wants to start working on farming up gear from VW and other places in advance, if possible.

Unless they basically limit them to Geomancy and Elemental, and have them use some crazy stat mod like CHR for their spells. Or tons of mods like in the case of BLU.

i can see them going the tons of mods route easily...making 1 element related to a specific stat and just assign that to a specific spell X_x lol.
 Ragnarok.Agerknux
Server: Ragnarok
user: Ager
By Ragnarok.Agerknux 2012-06-23 04:03:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Honestly I don't see that much of a problem for most jobs currently. Tweaks are being made more often than before.
Not to mention it is hard to ever have a perfect "balance" kind of like a fighting game. Especially with different battle situations and SE's "ideal" role for each job is.
Rdm is the job that really stands very far out at this moment.

Geo definitely looks interesting and makes me curious how it will stand out or have something that is desired in a party.

As for the second job, I can only guess that it is a DD non pet job. In which case it will at least scale better than pet jobs(and possibly 1 hand jobs if this new job uses a 2h weapon)
[+]
 Cerberus.Mystina
By Cerberus.Mystina 2012-06-23 04:05:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Fairy.Ghaleon said: »

i can see them going the tons of mods route easily...making 1 element related to a specific stat and just assign that to a specific spell X_x lol.

I'd rather they didn't, last thing you'll want is to carry +stat items for every single stat... most likely spells will be INT and MND based, CHR is guess would be ok.
 Lakshmi.Chilzen
By Lakshmi.Chilzen 2012-06-23 04:11:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Fairy.Ghaleon said: »

I'd rather they didn't, last thing you'll want is to carry +stat items for every single stat... most likely spells will be INT and MND based, CHR is guess would be ok.

I'm hoping they keep it nice and sane on this job, since the directions you'll be facing and other factors listed already put it leagues above most jobs for actual player involvement and knowledge required to make it shine. Also hoping they break tradition like they seem to have done already and just be open about how to play the job correctly instead of the community playing it wrong until someone basically breaks it and SE has to get the Nerf Gun prepped.
[+]
 Cerberus.Kuching
user: Kuching
By Cerberus.Kuching 2012-06-23 04:12:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Is the armour that they were displayed in, the AFv1 or Empyrean? hmmm...
Will they skip AFv1?
Or will they stagger the releases?
[+]
 Lakshmi.Chilzen
By Lakshmi.Chilzen 2012-06-23 04:17:34
Link | Quote | Reply

They kept saying Artifact in the JP and English streams, and during the Heroine's Tower segment referred to the characters in Empyrean gear, so guessing it's just plain AF1 they showed off. Question there is if they plan to have it the usual 50-60 variant, or else have it as special 90-99ish style, since we all expect to unlock them with new quests and the AFv1 questlines always give good backstory as to what the jobs are or how they were formed.

The other gear might be up in the air, since it took SE almost two years for SCH / DNC to get Relic, didn't it?
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2012-06-23 04:22:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Would imagine that it'd be a bit difficult for them to squeeze in the new sets of relic and empyrean tbh...
 Cerberus.Mystina
By Cerberus.Mystina 2012-06-23 04:23:53
Link | Quote | Reply

They kept saying Artifact in the JP and English streams, and during the Heroine's Tower segment referred to the characters in Empyrean gear, so guessing it's just plain AF1 they showed off. Question there is if they plan to have it the usual 50-60 variant, or else have it as special 90-99ish style, since we all expect to unlock them with new quests and the AFv1 questlines always give good backstory as to what the jobs are or how they were formed.

The other gear might be up in the air, since it took SE almost two years for SCH / DNC to get Relic, didn't it?

It did take them a while, but i am guessing it was to gauge and see what the jobs needed to put on the relic 1st, which im sure will be the same for this one.

we don't even know what the AF will have as far as stat and JA boosting goes, and since the job it self isn't even out yet relic isn't really a concern yet.
 Lakshmi.Galvaya
user: Galvaya
By Lakshmi.Galvaya 2012-06-23 04:24:22
Link | Quote | Reply

That isnt a greatsword in the hands of the silouhettes. Its a standard swrord, just enlagrged. It looks like on the video page for the new expansion there is a sketch drawing as the background of a mithra with a sword above her head. The tails of her outfit closely match that of the female silouhette. And behind her is a clock like image..time mage?

Hmm
 Cerberus.Mystina
By Cerberus.Mystina 2012-06-23 04:34:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Tikal said: »
Personally, I feel Galka fits it best, with Mithra being a close second.

Mithra looks terrible at everything for me, galka just looks like a huge screen blocker. but obviously that's just IMO.

as far as Geo goes Magic defense down and evasion down spell sound promising, we don't really have those directly at our disposal other then special JAs or add effects from weapon skills. if it's potent enough.
 Bahamut.Arioch
Server: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Arioch 2012-06-23 05:13:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Galvaya said: »
That isnt a greatsword in the hands of the silouhettes. Its a standard swrord, just enlagrged. It looks like on the video page for the new expansion there is a sketch drawing as the background of a mithra with a sword above her head. The tails of her outfit closely match that of the female silouhette. And behind her is a clock like image..time mage?

Hmm

I looked at it, i think that is just the map compass
 Cerberus.Kvazz
user: kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2012-06-23 05:21:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Where is this picture! ;;
Where is anything!
Anybody got a link where I can read what went on during the streams?

Edit: Without reading through tons of pages in a forum thread*
 Odin.Cindro
Server: Odin
user: Cindro
By Odin.Cindro 2012-06-23 05:23:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Arioch said: »
Lakshmi.Galvaya said: »

Hmm

I looked at it, i think that is just the map compass

It also looks like they are holding an orb of some sort in their offhand. It would be interesting if SE made a new function for the grip slot. Maybe introduce H2H grips also? {Yes Please}lol
By fyreus 2012-06-23 05:48:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Looks like that panda expansion they we were expecting.
 Bismarck.Cicada
Server: Bismarck
user: Narshee
By Bismarck.Cicada 2012-06-23 06:00:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Kvazz said: »
Where is this picture! ;;
Where is anything!
Anybody got a link where I can read what went on during the streams?

Edit: Without reading through tons of pages in a forum thread*
http://www.playonline.com/ff11us/adoulin/index.html
 Alexander.Almostunsane
Server: Alexander
By Alexander.Almostunsane 2012-06-23 06:05:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Dear SE:
Y u no give us pajamas for to fight in?!

[+]
By Xenshi 2012-06-23 07:09:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Seeing all this talk about how the job might not be accepted by the players. Like how Pup and Bst aren't useful for anything serious. Well don't be mad at the dev team for that, be mad at the players of the game. WE make the jobs what they are, WE are the ones that ask for certain spells and abilities on the jobs to make them useful for what WE want. To say that the job isn't useful if our fault for not seeing it for what it is and is capable of. Almost every job has had a huge makeover but 95% of the players are so cookie cutter in what they do that they will only take certain jobs to events. So stop trying to blame SE for this cause highly doubt that when they make the job, they think about a few certain events where it will be "useful". but instead release a job that might have some sort of new game mechanic or might just be out right fun as hell to play.
[+]
 Phoenix.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Server: Phoenix
user: Seha
By Phoenix.Sehachan 2012-06-23 07:11:57
Link | Quote | Reply

When a job is completely unfit for a certain event, or an event is impossible to complete without a specific setup, it is not our fault.
[+]
First Page 2 3 4 ... 8 9 10