Solo Seiryu?

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Scholar » Solo seiryu?
Solo seiryu?
By CalmCCF 2012-06-18 13:56:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Just curious if any scholars have soloed seiryu and what sub they used? I'm guessing its basically same gameplan as a rdm, would you sub rdm or nin though? I'm just curious i want seiryu kote for my nin and rng and figured i'd try him on sch.
 Bahamut.Boogerballs
Server: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
By Bahamut.Boogerballs 2012-06-18 13:59:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Well I really dont know much about sch to tell you the truth but i'd assume /nin. Why dont you kill it on nin? Hes really easy on nin and you can kill it way faster than on sch
 Fenrir.Minjo
Server: Fenrir
user: Tsuko
By Fenrir.Minjo 2012-06-18 13:59:34
Link | Quote | Reply

I imagine it would be fairly trivial with capped or near capped macc. Just (carefully) treat it like any other distance solo. I can't imagine /NIN being better though, to answer your question. You'll probably want the longevity and hit-for-hit sturdiness that /RDM has to offer.
 Lakshmi.Iambatman
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Iambatman 2012-06-18 14:06:19
Link | Quote | Reply

bst ~ dipper or gooey ~ pet food + muslim = win
 Asura.Chexmix
Server: Asura
user: Ranae
By Asura.Chexmix 2012-06-18 14:08:08
Link | Quote | Reply

I would almost think /nin would be "safer" since SCH has SS natively now. However my concern for subbing nin would be you wouldnt have diaga so you would need to always make sure you have a strat up for manifestation to clear blink.

I would imagine you shouldnt have trouble landing bind at 99 but blink could def screw you if it absorbs a bind. Even at 99 seriyu still hits fairly hard and his TP moves are still fairly potent.
 Bahamut.Boogerballs
By Bahamut.Boogerballs 2012-06-18 14:08:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Do you really think you need food if you're using dipper? I dont think Seiryu will hit it and dipper doesnt take ***from wind magic.
 Fenrir.Minjo
By Fenrir.Minjo 2012-06-18 14:10:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Chexmix said: »
I would almost think /nin would be "safer" since SCH has SS natively now. However my concern for subbing nin would be you wouldnt have diaga so you would need to always make sure you have a strat up for manifestation to clear blink.

I would imagine you shouldnt have trouble landing bind at 99 but blink could def screw you if it absorbs a bind. Even at 99 seriyu still hits fairly hard and his TP moves are still fairly potent.

Phalanx and FC will prove invaluable in such a situation, which is why I suggested /RDM over /NIN.

You can get their swings down pretty low at this point, particularly on jobs with enhancing skill.
 Lakshmi.Iambatman
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Iambatman 2012-06-18 14:11:20
Link | Quote | Reply

prolly not alot of food (1-2 hundred fist ect) or a muslim or 2, dippers eva is good, but cant eva every hit
By CalmCCF 2012-06-18 14:16:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Boogerballs said: »
Well I really dont know much about sch to tell you the truth but i'd assume /nin. Why dont you kill it on nin? Hes really easy on nin and you can kill it way faster than on sch
Can I kill him with a fullout haste build on nin though? I'd be worried about getting owned with hundred fists, I know you can stun him with flourish but sometimes it misses lol. I guess i'll buy an eva setup for nin and try it on nin. Idk I just feel safer on sch with bind and i think the fight wouldnt be as long if i helix him with modus veritas.
 Fenrir.Minjo
By Fenrir.Minjo 2012-06-18 14:17:43
Link | Quote | Reply

You could cap your evasion against Seiryu on WAR at this point.
 Bahamut.Cuelebra
By Bahamut.Cuelebra 2012-06-18 14:39:14
Link | Quote | Reply

CalmCCF said: »
Just curious if any scholars have soloed seiryu and what sub they used? I'm guessing its basically same gameplan as a rdm, would you sub rdm or nin though? I'm just curious i want seiryu kote for my nin and rng and figured i'd try him on sch.

It can be done with some difficulty. I used /rdm for the MDB Job trait and as well as barspells. Sch doesn't natively get barspells and with a good enhancing set + regen5 you can eat most of his spells. Just use a MDT set and your good to go. However if you're going after the kote. you should bring a THF. SCH+THF easy duo at 99.
 Ramuh.Austar
Server: Ramuh
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2012-06-18 14:58:00
Link | Quote | Reply

/RDM for MDT, MAB, Baraero, phalanx, bind, diaga, fast cast, etc.

/NIN for shadows that won't last.
 Bahamut.Boogerballs
By Bahamut.Boogerballs 2012-06-18 15:12:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Full haste until Hundred fists then swap to eva set and stun it as much as u can. You should be ok
 Siren.Seiri
Server: Siren
user: seiri
By Siren.Seiri 2012-06-18 15:25:14
Link | Quote | Reply

As has been said, SCH/RDM is likely the easiest if you have any experience at mage solos.

If you take the NIN route, NIN/DNC should cap eva naked.