Server: Sylph
Game: FFXI
user: Gaztastic
By Sylph.Oraen 2015-07-19 21:36:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Unless I'm mistaken, Pursuer's gets rapid shot, not snapshot =[
By Zeak 2015-07-20 01:48:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Pursuer's Doublet path D does have a Snapshot augment, although I don't see any info that specifies the cap at rank 15. Judging by its growth compared to other Escha gear, I believe it should be in the 5-7% range, making it a competing snapshot body. You are missing about 10 AGI by going the Snapshot path, though, so augment at your own discretion.

Other than that, the current Snapshot set-up in the OP is up to date outside of Taeon augments. I think it's only missing a mention for Haverton Ring and 5% Snapshot on Mirke Wardecors, but that's probably because it's a waste of an augment, especially if you use it outside of COR. I think you'd be safe using what's laid out in the guide if you don't care to carry any more Taeon sets (and who does at this point?), but I'd still considered at least getting a full Leaf augment for snapshot on Taeon feet. If you already have Wurrekatte Boots, then you might as well use them, but Taeon boots have a higher Snapshot value and are arguable far easier to get. But, yes, I know: We all say "Just ONE more niche Taeon piece, then I'll be good", but 10 mil gil later, we end up with another full set.

Without Haverton and JP gift, though, non-Taeon should give you close to 40% Snapshot, so you should be at -or- near cap with Flurry II.
 Sylph.Oraen
By Sylph.Oraen 2015-07-20 01:56:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Mehhh, I'll just stick with that Skopos jerkin instead of lose all that AGI. Thanks for the correction, though. And yeah, I have Taeon sets for melee, MAB, DW, and multiple for BST, so I literally cannot add more, even as much as my min-max nature wants to.

I'm currently using Aurore +1 for head, Skopos for body, relic for hands, emp for legs, and Taeon with 5% for feet. I'd love to go for Haverton, but with how often I'm on BST these days I can't justify losing my Thurandaut. I thought that Nahtirah was 9% snapshot, so wouldn't that be better than empyrean legs, then?
By Zeak 2015-07-20 02:08:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Honestly, I've always been skeptical about Nahtirah being +9%, but I do use them on both RNG and COR. I don't see too much of a difference between them and, say, Mirador +1, so they would at worst be +7 and +9 at best.

Either way, I don't see any problem in using them if you have them. I think it's just a matter of some people preferring tangible numbers over numbers that have been ambiguous for 12 years.
 Sylph.Oraen
By Sylph.Oraen 2015-07-20 02:27:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Could definitely understand the hesitation. SE hasn't exactly been forthcoming about previous gear pieces. I'll stick with my empyrean then, as I need all the room I can get. Appreciate the help.
 Odin.Nogara
Server: Odin
user: Aragon
By Odin.Nogara 2015-07-20 15:45:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Zeak said: »
Honestly, I've always been skeptical about Nahtirah being +9%, but I do use them on both RNG and COR. I don't see too much of a difference between them and, say, Mirador +1, so they would at worst be +7 and +9 at best.

Either way, I don't see any problem in using them if you have them. I think it's just a matter of some people preferring tangible numbers over numbers that have been ambiguous for 12 years.

A difference of 2 Snapshot you wouldn't notice by just eyeing it out, pretty sure it was tested by Byrth to be between 9-10% depending on how SE has their formula set up.

Quote:
Nahtirah Trousers seem to be 9% Snapshot.

With Trousers: 7.04 mean, 7.82 mode, 4.05 mean of the minimum cluster
Without pants!!!: 7.75 mean, 8.60 mode, 4.52 mean of the minimum cluster (from the previous page)

Mean: 7.01/7.75 = 90.4%
Mode: 7.82/8.60 = 90.9%
Min: 4.08/4.52 = 90.2%

The minimum cluster makes it most obvious whether snapshot is multiplicative or additive with the rapid shot. While the minimum decreased more than we would have expected from the %decrease of the mode, it definitely didn't drop by 0.8, so it's multiplicative.

If New delay = delay*(1-Snapshot%), then they're 9% Snapshot (or some /1024 fraction).
If New delay = delay/(1+Snapshot%), then they're 10%.
 Asura.Suteru
Server: Asura
user: Suteru
By Asura.Suteru 2015-07-20 17:54:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Rank 15 Pursuer's body is Snapshot+9 I think. I'll have to double check.

Pursuer's body is +6 Snapshot. But it also has STP+6
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Server: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2015-07-22 14:13:19
Link | Quote | Reply

This is important

Quote:
Quick Draw does not work on all spells, this includes spells which were asked about earlier such as Addle, Distract and Frazzle. Quick Draw affects the following spells:

Drown, Rasp, Choke, Frost, Burn, Shock:
Increases DoT and Stat Down effect

Paralyze:
Increases chance of paralysis

Slow:
Increases enemy attack delay

Dia:
Increases potency of defense down effect

Bio:
Increases potency of attack down effect

Blind:
Increases potency of accuracy down effect
[+]
By Ramyrez 2015-07-22 14:14:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Sehachan said: »
This is important

Quote:
Quick Draw does not work on all spells, this includes spells which were asked about earlier such as Addle, Distract and Frazzle. Quick Draw affects the following spells:

Drown, Rasp, Choke, Frost, Burn, Shock:
Increases DoT and Stat Down effect

Paralyze:
Increases chance of paralysis

Slow:
Increases enemy attack delay

Dia:
Increases potency of defense down effect

Bio:
Increases potency of attack down effect

Blind:
Increases potency of accuracy down effect

TL;DR: We were too lazy to adjust our spaghetti code, so QD has no effect on new spells.
[+]
By Eumann 2015-07-27 00:51:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Does anyone know which neck between Stoicheion Medal and Satlada Necklace is better? Does Mab>Mdmg?
 Sylph.Oraen
By Sylph.Oraen 2015-07-27 01:01:21
Link | Quote | Reply

deviant necklace is the best for basically all of our MAB situations.
By Eumann 2015-07-27 03:04:34
Link | Quote | Reply

I understand, but for one who does not have deviant, which between the above two would do better?
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2015-07-27 03:07:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Stoicheion.
 Phoenix.Faloun
Server: Phoenix
user: Chroph
By Phoenix.Faloun 2015-07-27 10:10:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Hey guys, have you notice that Taeon sets can get Snapshot+10 augment ?(+5 from leaftip, and +5 from dusktip)
That could make Snapshot+50 with only Taeon set, which looks awesome.
Anyone already tried and can confirm it's true ?
 Sylph.Oraen
By Sylph.Oraen 2015-07-27 15:37:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Yes, it's been confirmed. There's been discussion about it on and off for quite a while, now.
 Quetzalcoatl.Kyren
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: rada
By Quetzalcoatl.Kyren 2015-07-29 12:18:10
Link | Quote | Reply

With Teaon it is +50 Snapshot, without Teaon it is 44.5 Snapshot.

ItemSet 336535

Up to you if you wanna deal with the augmenting system or farming the gear.

The only Teaon piece I'd farm is feet since it is hard getting people to farm Hall of Mul.
By Ramyrez 2015-07-29 12:26:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Kyren said: »

Noooope.

The only Teaon piece I'd farm is feet since it is hard getting people to farm Hall of Mul.

With the abjuration gear update coming it might be a good window to start trying to get them to do that.
 Siren.Dekoda
Server: Siren
user: Dekoda
By Siren.Dekoda 2015-07-29 22:44:18
Link | Quote | Reply

This is sort of a necro bump, but I was wondering this very question so I searched the thread:

Valefor.Sehachan said: »
Sylph.Kakashiiix said: »
does magic damage gear have any effect on QD or WF, Leaden?
Yes but it's rarely worth it

I understand to application for QD, but is there a source/explanation for WF/Leaden? The current formula for magic WS damage is:

(( 1.5(Lv + 1)+2+ floor(2.45*(iLvl-99)) + WSC ) * fTP + fINT ) * Resist * Elemental Staves * Weather * MDIF * Magic Damage Adjustment

Which is referenced in the OP. The magic damage statistic is absent and so is D, the term used when calculating magic damage that is defined as: D = mDMG + V + (dINT × M). I don't see how magic damage is used, am I missing something, anyone?
 Siren.Dekoda
By Siren.Dekoda 2015-07-29 22:58:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramyrez said: »

Noooope.

With the abjuration gear update coming it might be a good window to start trying to get them to do that.

Unless you're getting Flurry II, you would still need augments on Taeon feet to cap Snapshot.
 Siren.Kyte
By Siren.Kyte 2015-07-29 23:27:06
Link | Quote | Reply

+MDMG gets added in after fTP is multiplied but before MAB/MDB adjustments. This is why it isn't particularly potent for elemental WS.
[+]
 Phoenix.Faloun
user: Chroph
By Phoenix.Faloun 2015-07-30 09:13:39
Link | Quote | Reply

ItemSet 336535

I was talking about head, body, bands, legs ans feet for taeon to hit 50%.
With navarch mantle ans impulse belt, you hit ~60%. 15% more than the other set. Not forcing anyone to get it, just saying it's much better.
 Bismarck.Baalthus
Server: Bismarck
user: Baalthus
By Bismarck.Baalthus 2015-07-30 09:30:27
Link | Quote | Reply

ItemSet 336535

Aren't Lanun Gants +1 better than Iuitl?
 Quetzalcoatl.Kyren
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: rada
By Quetzalcoatl.Kyren 2015-07-30 11:20:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Faloun said: »
I was talking about head, body, bands, legs ans feet for taeon to hit 50%.
With navarch mantle ans impulse belt, you hit ~60%. 15% more than the other set. Not forcing anyone to get it, just saying it's much better.

Ya, you are right but the Skirmish Augmenting system is daunting to some since it is so random. Hell I'm still working on 2 WS pieces and I haven't started SAM set.

Bismarck.Baalthus said: »
Aren't Lanun Gants +1 better than Iuitl?

This says it gives +10 which means we can add another +3 to it. Unless that is NQ only then NQ would be better for Snapshot.
 Phoenix.Capuchin
user: Anza
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2015-07-30 17:58:52
Link | Quote | Reply

A couple weapons questions:

1) Best current melee weapon pair? Not sure how this shakes out since the more recent additions (Demersal Degen/+1, Escha weapons, etc.).

2) Gun: what are you all using for a ranged focused gun, for times when being close is too dangerous and magical WS aren't all that great? Or are you bothering to tote around a second gun? Guessing a DMG, Racc/Ratt, <something> Doomsday wins for this application, but I want to make sure I'm not overlooking something before wading back into augments.

I already have a pretty nice Doomsday with STR/AGI+16, Macc/MAB+16, WSD+5% that's my standard gun choice, but it's a little disappointing in scenarios that aren't especially melee or Leaden friendly (say, Vagary zones that aren't Palloritus, a lot of Escha stuff), and I'm not really that pleased with the gun when I want to sit back and pretend to be a RNG. Or should I just give up in those scenarios and play it /RDM support style... :P

Sounds like a lot of you guys are shooting away a good bit lately; if not, I don't get the excessive interest in COR snapshot sets these past couple pages ;)
 Siren.Dekoda
By Siren.Dekoda 2015-07-31 03:38:09
Link | Quote | Reply

This says it gives +10 which means we can add another +3 to it. Unless that is NQ only then NQ would be better for Snapshot.

Byrth was unsure of that data:

Byrth said:
Iuitl Wristbands are also 10% Snapshot

Actually, after looking at this more I don't really trust this data at all. I'm going to have to do a lot more shooting to get real values for this.

I find it unlikely that the HQ would have less Snapshot than NQ. I've confirmed that the HQ is true to it's printed value. Details here.
 Siren.Dekoda
By Siren.Dekoda 2015-07-31 04:13:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Capuchin said: »
A couple weapons questions:

1) Best current melee weapon pair? Not sure how this shakes out since the more recent additions (Demersal Degen/+1, Escha weapons, etc.).

2) Gun: what are you all using for a ranged focused gun, for times when being close is too dangerous and magical WS aren't all that great? Or are you bothering to tote around a second gun? Guessing a DMG, Racc/Ratt, <something> Doomsday wins for this application, but I want to make sure I'm not overlooking something before wading back into augments.

I already have a pretty nice Doomsday with STR/AGI+16, Macc/MAB+16, WSD+5% that's my standard gun choice, but it's a little disappointing in scenarios that aren't especially melee or Leaden friendly (say, Vagary zones that aren't Palloritus, a lot of Escha stuff), and I'm not really that pleased with the gun when I want to sit back and pretend to be a RNG. Or should I just give up in those scenarios and play it /RDM support style... :P

Sounds like a lot of you guys are shooting away a good bit lately; if not, I don't get the excessive interest in COR snapshot sets these past couple pages ;)

Demersal +1/OAT Atoyac wins in most situations. Odium is really good too. A well augmented Doomsday (MAB/WSdmg/STR+AGI) is good most of the time, although depending on your augments Nibiru may have a small edge when shooting Last Stand (especially if you're ranged attacking for TP).
By Sandmaster 2015-08-02 18:26:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Ok, I've been wanting to post for soooo long (seems like I've had to jump thro hoops to get here)

OK, I'd like to talk Quick Draw.
In the guide, Racc seems to be used for QD accuracy - is it proven that Racc helps QD accuracy - I know it can skill-up marks but it never used to and the norm was to use Macc (and AGL with 2AGL=1Macc)

Secondally, I think your main hand weapon is very important as it has macc+188 on it, Atoyac, while good for QD with the MAB+10 augment lacks 42MACC a 119 main hand weapon has. (I'd like to be told if any of what I'm saying is incorrect for sure, I just want to iron this out)

With Macc to me being so important so QD doesnt get resisted my build for Light shot is pure MACC (I augmented Taeon hands with Macc+20, and for damage shots I made Taeon hands with MAB+20 AGL+9 as hands is an area we lack those stats).

I also would like to question using the elemental staves as the MACC on them is ultra low compared to a 119 weapon.

Lastly, Vagary - I love playing COR in Vagary, it seems so many of the NM's can be shot for nice dmg, as im buffing blm's I have wiz&warlocks roll up - my highest QD's have been on Plouton, just today while he was weak to fire my Fire shot hit for over 5K dmg, I wish I took a screenshot. But regardless using Macc (not Racc) all Vagary bosses seem to be weak to QD, I do sometimes get resisted, but I hit around 2700 most shots. Also, while some bml's are struggling to make much dmg on Plouton we have Wildfire which hits for ~5K (10K when fire is the key to victory etc etc). I go to Vagary /Rdm, I suppose I should go /rng but I've just seemed to settle as cor/rdm (obviously not for Fomor run)

So this is my first post, I've been lurking I guess since I returned about a year ago and im so happy I can now post! I just seriously question some of the Quickdraw choices in the guide, mainly main hand weapon choice and using Racc for QD accuracy. There are many other debates I'd love to respond to now but I guess QD is my starting point. Its my fav feature about Cor, it boosts magic dmg of the same element after a shot (which is a massive boost if you have 7-10 nukers) and obviously adding to buffs, dealing dmg, and Light shot.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2015-08-02 19:05:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Guide has not been updated in two months. I will update it again for august update. I apologize for the inconvenience, but I had more important things to take care of.

QD damage set is about damage only, if more accuracy is required, swap as needed.

As for racc, it does increase accuracy, which is probably the reason why skill increases it too at all. But as for comparing it to macc, I'm afraid no one can help on that, we can only vaguely assume that 1 equals 1, but it is what it is, speculation. If in doubt use macc I guess. Or agi if you have more than double the macc amount(2:1).
By Sandmaster 2015-08-02 20:23:54
Link | Quote | Reply

yeah, for NM's now you do need alot of macc, that's why i'd always say mainhand has to be a 119 weapon.

I still don't know or believe if Racc affects QD acc, it never used to give marksmanship skill-ups, that was introduced around the lvl80-85 cap rise. Maybe Racc does, but I know Macc does so I'd personally rather stick with that, like you said, each to their own kinda thing.

I'm not sure if people still put their merits in 5/5 QD acc and 5/5 QD dmg, but 5/5QD acc to +10macc isn't very much, and Im thinking the -10seconds to Phantom roll would be much more useful.
 Siren.Dekoda
By Siren.Dekoda 2015-08-02 22:13:43
Link | Quote | Reply

If you have the gift for QD delay in addition to the merits, you can free up either head or body for more M.Acc options. Blood Mask/Mirke isn't required to cap QD delay (you just need one), and since neither of those are ilvl they really hurt you on M.acc. With the upcoming abjuration update, Blood Mask will probably be the keeper.

So really I think the QD recast merits will net you more M.Acc than QD accuracy merits when you take that into account.

edit Sorry I think I misread your post. Phantom roll merits are pretty standard and imo more useful. QD recast is more valuable for reasons stated above.
First Page 2 3 ... 83 84 85 ... 156 157 158