First Page 2 3 ... 68 69 70 ... 156 157 158
 Bismarck.Snprphnx
Server: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
user: Snprphnx
By Bismarck.Snprphnx 2015-02-02 02:31:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Keme said: »
I saw some Corsairs owning Death Penalty ilvl119 with an augment with DMG+31 (i don't remember the exact number). Anyone knows how to augment that weapon ? (I didn't know it was possible to augment mythic)

Are you sure you didn't see a Doomsday? It's the augmentable gum from Alluvian Skirmish.
By Pantafernando 2015-02-02 02:44:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Keme said: »
I saw some Corsairs owning Death Penalty ilvl119 with an augment with DMG+31 (i don't remember the exact number). Anyone knows how to augment that weapon ? (I didn't know it was possible to augment mythic)

Idk, but as you mentioned this, i noticed something weird as the death penalty info in ffxiah/bg (that suposelly should come from some data mining) shows dmg83 while sapphire screenshot shows dmg119.

Idk if for some reason SE decided to give more dmg to death penalty or maybe decided to split the dmg when they changed the weapon display, but i do remember this situation in some old screenshot.
 Valefor.Sapphire
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Sapphire 2015-02-02 16:17:04
Link | Quote | Reply

When they added iLvl reforging to RME's the the base damage for DP was initially 119.
AM3 triple damage+triple shot all proc'ing together with that much base damage was a beautiful thing.

I quickly upgraded mine and got to play with it in that overpowered state (which is why my screenshot shows the 119 base damage) for a few weeks until the next patch which dropped it to base damage of 83.

My old screenshot from Nov 2013 is still there for the reforged DP http://www.ffxiah.com/screenshots/73021

edit:
random note about melee corsair jp farming these days:

I highly recommend sticking with samurai roll(+corsair roll of course for jp farm) and adjust gear+buffs so your melee tp is quick enough to spam wildfire to self darkness sc.
WF also chains with rudras so it plays nice with those THFs in your party.
Due to spamming wildfire these days and not leaden, my armageddon 119 has been getting more use than my DP.
(Higher delay on arma gives better tp return on quickdraws+ws tp return so its far easier to self sc).
[+]
 Asura.Alexandero
Server: Asura
user: jalexan4
By Asura.Alexandero 2015-02-15 22:09:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Decided to resume gearing my COR today. My mains are THF, RUN and MNK so I have alot of the gear I already need. I've been in a group that the COR out parsed the other DD's at ranged(Tojil Run). I've also been in a group where the COR outparsed the DDs going melee.

What's the consensus? Do we melee or shoot for TP? I know sometimes it's situational but for the most part, what are you guys doing these days? Thanks a bunch. Just really starting to get into the job so Im still a noob with COR.

Edit: I typically melee in lower level content, skirmishes, etc.. Im more or less referring to delves and perhaps High tier battlefields (although I know we have to shoot in some of the AA fights).
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2015-02-15 22:22:11
Link | Quote | Reply

1) Can you cap accuracy on the target? If yes, move to 2. If no, move to 4.

2) Is putting yourself in melee range a liability? I.E., lots of high powered AoEs that you can't avoid or mitigate, etc.. If yes, move to 4. If no, move to 3.

3) Melee it

4) Shoot it
[+]
 Sylph.Oraen
Server: Sylph
user: Gaztastic
By Sylph.Oraen 2015-02-15 23:20:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Basically Proth has covered the gist of it. COR is a surprisingly strong melee DD that is often overlooked by the playerbase. They're definitely more than just their rolls, although those are also extremely powerful.
By anik 2015-02-15 23:45:59
Link | Quote | Reply

cor is as a good a job as any in my honest opinion
 Ragnarok.Afania
Server: Ragnarok
user: Afania
By Ragnarok.Afania 2015-02-16 00:59:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Sapphire said: »
I highly recommend sticking with samurai roll(+corsair roll of course for jp farm) and adjust gear+buffs so your melee tp is quick enough to spam wildfire to self darkness sc.
Due to spamming wildfire these days and not leaden, my armageddon 119 has been getting more use than my DP.
(Higher delay on arma gives better tp return on quickdraws+ws tp return so its far easier to self sc).

Doomsday with MAB augment is probably better than Arma in such situation, higher delay, and more dmg from MAB. I think you can get WSD+ with MAB as well?
 Valefor.Sapphire
By Valefor.Sapphire 2015-02-16 07:40:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Afania said: »
Valefor.Sapphire said: »

Doomsday with MAB augment is probably better than Arma in such situation, higher delay, and more dmg from MAB. I think you can get WSD+ with MAB as well?
Yeah if someone wants to try their luck and /giltoss +2's to get WSD.
I never saw that augment even once in like 50 +1 stones I threw at mine after the adoulin gobbiebox campaign.
But yes a 5 wsd and 20mab doomsday would be really nice for wildfire, but obviously lag behind DP cause thats essentially a 30%wsd weapon.

My doomsday has 3stp 16Ratk on it and just collects dust at the moment, maybe another augment slot will make it worth messing with.
By Heimdel 2015-02-17 15:38:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Is doomsday with right augments considered better than vanir gun now?
By Keido 2015-02-20 08:27:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Heimdel said: »
Is doomsday with right augments considered better than vanir gun now?

I believe it has the potential to be better. Currently I am rocking +14 MAB +22 DEX and +5 StP

Cost was about 2.2m to get those augments. The new Skirm gear is crazy also. Going to be a bit before we figure out the perfect augments but couple that with the condensing of Obi Necks and Belts and COR is becoming a very very good light DD monster.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2015-02-20 08:54:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Guide won't be updated at least till the end of next week, sorry. Exams period sucks.
[+]
By Keido 2015-02-20 09:15:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Sehachan said: »
Guide won't be updated at least till the end of next week, sorry. Exams period sucks.

You are the last of the guide updater people and its very helpful. Yeah this is just a "Ahhhhhhh you are appreciated" post.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Fabiano
Server: Ragnarok
user: fabiano
By Ragnarok.Fabiano 2015-02-22 11:35:46
Link | Quote | Reply

had mab +19 and wsdmg +6% on my doomsday , should be better then vanir
[+]
By Keido 2015-02-23 08:21:49
Link | Quote | Reply

I got it up to +22 DEX +16 MAB +6 for Melee COR pretty damn nice. If I can get that MAB up to +20-25 or Get the MACC/MAB +20 that would also work.

Pair this with the crazy augments you can get on Taeon gear and holy balls its insane. I have seen +22 MAB hands and Feet so far. You basically need like 2 sets of Taeon gear one set for Melee and one for WS. It is ultra pimpable replacing pretty much all other gear except for neck ring back belt or Roll affecting gear hypothetically.
By Ramyrez 2015-02-23 08:57:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh look, more augmentable rubbish.

I want to give whoever thought up this stupid augment system a fat Leaden Salute to the face.

Seriously.

Hate it so bad.
[+]
By Keido 2015-02-23 12:46:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramyrez said: »
Oh look, more augmentable rubbish.

I want to give whoever thought up this stupid augment system a fat Leaden Salute to the face.

Seriously.

Hate it so bad.

I don't think its so bad. I will say it is annoying, but how else are we going to progress? We can all have the same easily attainable gear or we can have highly customizable characters. If you look at it from the standpoint of hey I want my guy to be amazing at X and then use the proper stones to achieve that goal its kinda neat. I want my COR to be exceptional at Melee. I am getting there hell I have a STP build on COR. I rather like the ability for customization of my character so my COR is not like your COR or like that guys COR. It allows me to play to my strengths on the job. It also allows me to stand out differently than other COR players. Its completely possible we can end up with the exact same gear but more in doubt now and I like that.

This guide is awesome and its a great starting point but even I do not use all the gear that have been deemed optimal. Either I can't afford it or I have not been able to attain it. Anyways we are derailing here from the customization standpoint I like it. From the use these stones and pray for this standpoint I am frustrated as well.
[+]
By Ramyrez 2015-02-23 13:04:17
Link | Quote | Reply

I like customization, but I despise the random elements and the absolute time and gil sink that they can be.

As for multiple pieces for different tasks, then you get into the "having to use a super-specialized lua to play at all" which, even though I use them, still is sort of irritating to be reliant upon them like that.

It's just not a system designed for casual players to really excel with, and that's kind of a a *** where, in a situation like FFXI where any dedicated players who have been there consistently don't have time to be hardcore about XI anymore because we have jobs and lives now, where we didn't when it all started and things were so crazy.

It just doesn't mix well with the mindset so many people have of "if it's not maxed and the best, you're a terrible player".

It's been a huge gripe of mine ever since augments started in earnest back with the tatters. Sure there was other gear before that, but it was rubbish, so no one cared.

Edit: Not looking for everything to just be handed to us, either, so let's nip that (potential) retort in the bud.

Just feels to me like they could go about things slightly differently.

Oh, and I'd kill for content that requires balanced parties and no zerging/swapping for buffs/etc. You know, the kind of content where a corsair can really shine! ^^

But I'll stop now, lest I be accused again of derailing or posting inappropriately on a topic.
[+]
 Sylph.Oraen
user: Gaztastic
By Sylph.Oraen 2015-02-23 13:10:48
Link | Quote | Reply

So, my buddy just got quadruple attack +3...on his Doomsday. I have never seen that on any melee weapon, so it might just be ranged. He said he used a duskslit +1 for it. Regardless, that is utterly terrifying.
 Sylph.Kakashiiix
By Sylph.Kakashiiix 2015-02-23 14:09:26
Link | Quote | Reply

yes utterly terrifying.
 Valefor.Seranos
user: Seranos
By Valefor.Seranos 2015-02-27 10:19:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Keido said: »
I got it up to +22 DEX +16 MAB +6 for Melee COR pretty damn nice. If I can get that MAB up to +20-25 or Get the MACC/MAB +20 that would also work.

Pair this with the crazy augments you can get on Taeon gear and holy balls its insane. I have seen +22 MAB hands and Feet so far. You basically need like 2 sets of Taeon gear one set for Melee and one for WS. It is ultra pimpable replacing pretty much all other gear except for neck ring back belt or Roll affecting gear hypothetically.

Has anyone looked at +DMG augments on Doomsday? I would imagine they would tend to beat STR or AGI, but not sure what needs we can get.
 Shiva.Nokturnall
Server: Shiva
By Shiva.Nokturnall 2015-03-01 12:40:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Hey all,

I am nearly done with Death Penalty (about 30 assaults left) and was wondering how AM3 worked. I know physical AM3 can proc on WS, but can Death Penalty AM3 proc on any WS, like Leaden or Last Stand? I have been searching for an answer on this, but can't find anything.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2015-03-01 13:11:13
Link | Quote | Reply

No.
 Shiva.Nokturnall
By Shiva.Nokturnall 2015-03-01 14:31:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Sehachan said: »
No.

That is depressing. Thanks.
 Quetzalcoatl.Orestes
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Orestes78
By Quetzalcoatl.Orestes 2015-03-01 14:43:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Oraen said: »
So, my buddy just got quadruple attack +3...on his Doomsday. I have never seen that on any melee weapon, so it might just be ranged. He said he used a duskslit +1 for it. Regardless, that is utterly terrifying.

I just got the same thing on my first try. Might be somewhat common.. no idea. It's really nice since I usually melee for TP when using this gun.
By Pantafernando 2015-03-01 14:51:36
Link | Quote | Reply

I got a qa in my ipetam, but i think it was the same slot of wsd dmg, so i prefered wsd instead qa.
 Shiva.Eightball
By Shiva.Eightball 2015-03-02 14:23:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Sorry if this is a repeat only did a quick look.

So I finaly got the navarch boots +2 and knew how they worked for wildfire but I was trying to use them with dark shot >> leaden salute but it wasent working, so my question is do they only add 20% dmg to QD shots that do dmg ? Or will they work with light dark but only when that shot is able to affect the mob?
By Ramyrez 2015-03-02 14:26:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Eightball said: »
Sorry if this is a repeat only did a quick look.

So I finaly got the navarch boots +2 and knew how they worked for wildfire but I was trying to use them with dark shot >> leaden salute but it wasent working, so my question is do they only add 20% dmg to QD shots that do dmg ? Or will they work with light dark but only when that shot is able to affect the mob?

The latter. Dark shot has to dispel something or the effect doesn't proc.
 Shiva.Eightball
By Shiva.Eightball 2015-03-02 14:58:51
Link | Quote | Reply

That's sorta what I figured thx
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
Server: Odin
user: Jassik
By Odin.Jassik 2015-03-02 15:00:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Pantafernando said: »
I got a qa in my ipetam, but i think it was the same slot of wsd dmg, so i prefered wsd instead qa.

I'd wager wsd would outweigh qa with doomsday as well if you're using ls/wf.
First Page 2 3 ... 68 69 70 ... 156 157 158