users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Corsair » The Pirates' Lair: A Guide to Corsair
The Pirates' Lair: A Guide to Corsair
First Page 2 3 ... 60 61 62 ... 156 157 158
By Fasaga 2014-10-30 00:14:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Pantafernando said: »
Hi.

To make a macro for rolls, do i need to change to roll gear just at the moment of using the ja, like /ja , wait 1, /equiset, ir should i keep the gear longer than 1 sec and in each double up?

You just need the enhances "X" gear equipped upon activation of JAs.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Jiyoh
Server: Carbuncle
Game: FFXI
user: Jiyoh
By Carbuncle.Jiyoh 2014-10-30 08:26:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Do we need Magic accuracy for QD and WF ?
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Server: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2014-10-30 10:04:26
Link | Quote | Reply

For light and dark shot it's the only thing you should gear for. For damage shots, well it depends on the conent, but considering the ilvl on weapons and on some pieces of armor you should be fine for most stuff.
If magic weapon skills are getting resisted too much you might wanna switch to Last Stand rather than changing gear.
 Carbuncle.Jiyoh
By Carbuncle.Jiyoh 2014-10-30 10:51:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Ooh i see so which glyph on Atoyac i should put on? Been 2 times i change and i don't have Leaden thingy WS atm
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
Server: Lakshmi
user: Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2014-10-30 11:35:28
Link | Quote | Reply

OAT+WSD2%

Or something like OAT + MAB 10 works.
Dunno about doing MAcc 45 with it though.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2014-10-30 12:15:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Oat and mab.

Should get Leaden anyway, it's well worth it.
[+]
 Valefor.Sapphire
By Valefor.Sapphire 2014-10-30 12:30:53
Link | Quote | Reply

every corsair should have leaden salute unlocked, even if you don't have Death Penalty its amaaaazing now.

Oh and more people should bring cor to ra'kaz skirmish and have them ws Yztargs while they are casting. Good times.

[+]
 Ragnarok.Afania
Server: Ragnarok
user: Afania
By Ragnarok.Afania 2014-10-30 12:42:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Sapphire said: »
every corsair should have leaden salute unlocked, even if you don't have Death Penalty its amaaaazing now.

Oh and more people should bring cor to ra'kaz skirmish and have them ws Yztargs while they are casting. Good times.

Ppl already posted 70k leaden salute on that!
 Valefor.Sapphire
By Valefor.Sapphire 2014-10-30 12:44:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Its not my highest one (no mab rolls, no bubble, lol /whm etc), that wasnt the point!
Just trying to stress its silly to not have the ws
 Carbuncle.Jiyoh
By Carbuncle.Jiyoh 2014-10-30 12:49:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Yea i want to climb nyzul old school but im burning all my tags for to get to captain in assault :'(
Thanks for replying guys btw
 Valefor.Sapphire
By Valefor.Sapphire 2014-10-30 12:50:37
Link | Quote | Reply

By the way, has anyone been bringing cor to Incursion and if so what rolls are you doing? what subjob, etc.

I've wanted to use cor in the event but i'm forever doomed to be Rdm/blm and take sleepga duty.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
By fractalvoid 2014-10-30 13:17:49
Link | Quote | Reply

By the way, has anyone been bringing cor to Incursion and if so what rolls are you doing? what subjob, etc.

I've wanted to use cor in the event but i'm forever doomed to be Rdm/blm and take sleepga duty.

I bring my COR to 6man incursion with LS. We've spammed 128 and done 129&130 with SAM, BRD, GEO, RDM, WHM and COR. I sub DNC and melee just for the fun of it. With high acc set (I'll run checkparam in a bit to get a #) and squid sushi+1 I am usually close to capped melee accuracy, if not capped. Can do about 1/3rd to 1/2 the SAMs dmg (and I'm dualboxing the BRD, so I'm sure you could do better).

I do chaos/hunter's roll and march+mad x2 from BRD. The rolls might be different if I had 4songs. I've toyed with the idea of doing Allie's roll as well but haven't actually done it. We usually try and do Shoha>Last Stand>Fudo on NMs just for fun.

Overall it's pretty fun, aside from constantly having to do re-buffs on both characters and the vast amount of garbage drops/inventory-clogging nq coffers. I usually just spam quickstep, as daze is likely to drop as I'm rebuffing.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Fabiano
user: fabiano
By Ragnarok.Fabiano 2014-10-30 16:08:52
Link | Quote | Reply

cor really needs 119 plasm bullets . i cant keep up with gaining sparks fast enough for Eminent bullets
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2014-10-30 16:19:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Well there definitely should have been a plasm version of Aminiiki.
 Phoenix.Capuchin
Server: Phoenix
user: Anza
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2014-10-31 12:54:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Ideally, there are fairly few DDs and they are SAMs, because Fudo spam with light SCs is absurd. One good SAM will do more additional damage in SC alone than an extra good DD, 2x SAM works well too. More DDs tend to just get in the way.

So, the strat is basically to buff the ***out of the SAMs. DD party consisting of SAM x1-2, WHMx1, CORx1-2, BRDx1-2 (and a 2nd mage party with stuff like BLM GEO BRD RDM WHM, maybe stick a THF somewhere for TH).

Multi-COR is very much a viable strategy, using something like:
(1) Allies
(2) Chaos
(3)&(4) some combo of Miser's/Hunter's/Fighter's

For a single COR, Allies is probably priority #1, and Chaos/Hunter's for 2nd roll depending on Incursion level/Acc needs.

If you must WS, don't use Leaden (darkness), use Last Stand instead (light). But really, it's probably better to be very careful to not mess up the SAM's SC anyway and only WS on stuff like adds that the SAMs aren't fighting.

I like to go /DNC for the additional support utility by keeping up a couple lv5 steps and a samba, giving me something to use TP on. Can spam Healing Waltz too, to remove debuffs from people and make things a little easier on mages.
 Ragnarok.Afania
By Ragnarok.Afania 2014-10-31 13:34:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Capuchin said: »

Ideally, there are fairly few DDs and they are SAMs, because Fudo spam with light SCs is absurd. One good SAM will do more additional damage in SC alone than an extra good DD, 2x SAM works well too. More DDs tend to just get in the way.

So, the strat is basically to buff the ***out of the SAMs. DD party consisting of SAM x1-2, WHMx1, CORx1-2, BRDx1-2 (and a 2nd mage party with stuff like BLM GEO BRD RDM WHM, maybe stick a THF somewhere for TH).

Multi-COR is very much a viable strategy, using something like:
(1) Allies
(2) Chaos
(3)&(4) some combo of Miser's/Hunter's/Fighter's

For a single COR, Allies is probably priority #1, and Chaos/Hunter's for 2nd roll depending on Incursion level/Acc needs.

If you must WS, don't use Leaden (darkness), use Last Stand instead (light). But really, it's probably better to be very careful to not mess up the SAM's SC anyway and only WS on stuff like adds that the SAMs aren't fighting.

I like to go /DNC for the additional support utility by keeping up a couple lv5 steps and a samba, giving me something to use TP on. Can spam Healing Waltz too, to remove debuffs from people and make things a little easier on mages.

COR and SAM can do multi step SC btw, COR has access to all the necessary WS to multi step with SAM AFAIK. /DNC is the way to go, now that you can cap steps in less than 30 sec.
By fractalvoid 2014-10-31 13:39:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Shoha > Last Stand = Light > Fudo = light.

Seems to work pretty well.

Also leaden/wf do garbage dmg anyway with partial resists everywhere. With piercing bonus, last stand does pretty decent dmg.
 Odin.Llewelyn
Server: Odin
user: Llewelyn
By Odin.Llewelyn 2014-10-31 13:39:53
Link | Quote | Reply

When I DD with a COR I like to do Last Stand > Shoha > Fudo for double Light spam. Haven't really checked if there's a better combination out there since my group doesn't like putting in that much effort in paying attention.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Afania
By Ragnarok.Afania 2014-10-31 13:50:06
Link | Quote | Reply

fractalvoid said: »
Shoha > Last Stand = Light > Fudo = light.

Seems to work pretty well.

Also leaden/wf do garbage dmg anyway with partial resists everywhere. With piercing bonus, last stand does pretty decent dmg.

Piercing bonus doesn't apply in incursion I think.

If you want all physical WS, Kasha>Evi>Shoha>Last stand>Fudo I think.
 Phoenix.Capuchin
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2014-10-31 13:52:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah, Last Stand works. Main point though is to be sure you're careful in timing WS to allow for the SAM to SC, Light SC are so strong that you're going to cause a big loss in overall DPS by just indiscriminately popping off a WS whenever you have TP or feel like shooting.

If you're regularly interrupting SCs, your party would be well justified in banning you from WSing at all (or even kicking you), and you're not gonna make a good impression if you're in a pickup group.
By Ramyrez 2014-10-31 13:54:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Fabiano said: »
cor really needs 119 plasm bullets . i cant keep up with gaining sparks fast enough for Eminent bullets

SE needs to put top-end crafted bullets back in the game and let alchemists have a worthwhile synth again.

[+]
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2014-10-31 13:54:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Playing with sams is annoying. Even doing skillchains with them they never have downtime in between them and are all like "why aren't you letting me solo my sc", *** you I wanna play the game too that's why.
[+]
By Ramyrez 2014-10-31 13:57:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Llewelyn said: »
When I DD with a COR I like to do Last Stand > Shoha > Fudo for double Light spam. Haven't really checked if there's a better combination out there since my group doesn't like putting in that much effort in paying attention.

QFT, as the old acronym goes.
 Phoenix.Capuchin
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2014-10-31 14:57:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Sehachan said: »
Playing with sams is annoying. Even doing skillchains with them they never have downtime in between them and are all like "why aren't you letting me solo my sc", *** you I wanna play the game too that's why.

Annoying or not, it's generally better overall damage to not mess their SC up. If you want to make your own non-SAM party, or decrease your group's output by using your own WS whenever you like while the SAM is there, you're free to do so. If you want the best results, that's probably not the ideal solution though.

Although, COR actually does have a VERY important role in SAM-centered heavy SC strategies due to unique buffs. Allies Roll is super powerful right now...

I do agree SAM is currently annoying and broken. But that's the current state of the game, and I'm not going to ignore it just because I'd rather hit more buttons and see shiny animations from my character.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2014-10-31 14:59:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Yes we all know sam solo is the best dd strategy atm, but if that is a good gaming experience to you I don't know what to tell you.
[+]
 Odin.Llewelyn
Server: Odin
user: Llewelyn
By Odin.Llewelyn 2014-10-31 15:12:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Personally care more about my friends not being bored to death than shaving off a minute or two.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Afania
By Ragnarok.Afania 2014-11-01 08:41:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Zerowone said: »
OAT+WSD2%

Or something like OAT + MAB 10 works.
Dunno about doing MAcc 45 with it though.

Unless I'm doing my math wrong MAB+10 should beat WSD 2%.
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2014-11-01 09:36:45
Link | Quote | Reply

It should but if you also play Rng, WSD+2 is something to consider.
ex: WSD+2% benefits Last Stand, Leaden Salute, Wildfire, versus MAB+10 benefiting Leaden, Wildfire, and QD.
 Ragnarok.Afania
By Ragnarok.Afania 2014-11-01 12:31:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Guys don't 10/10 your "Quick Draw Effect" job point category.....there seems to be a glitch that lowers your QD dmg to lower than 0/10 after you 10/10 it....it was fine when it was 9/10.

And there goes my 55 JP into nothing

Also, where can I submit a bug report - -
First Page 2 3 ... 60 61 62 ... 156 157 158