Asura.Sanosuke
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: sanosuke9
By Asura.Sanosuke 2017-11-12 04:08:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Afania said: »
Leviathan.Nitenichi said: »
Speaking on #3, Darkness was obliterating, so as Sam was just setting sc up for the pt in general and when Salute was connecting easily doing 60 with Darkness doing 99k

Was that on mid boss? Because our avg salute was less than 9k on that particular NM. Or are there some kind of mechanics involved to increase magic dmg taken?

Did you have malaise on? I’m pretty sure the PUG I went with yesterday had it on but was too busy pewpewing to confirm. However my leadens was 20-25k (as was another cor). My wildfires was doing 9k.
 Shiva.Eightball
Server: Shiva
By Shiva.Eightball 2017-11-12 09:39:54
Link | Quote | Reply

for acc in dynamis, i have aprox 1250 melee acc, an idris Geo was doing eva down bubble and i had no problems with acc before boss statue, but after i needed sublime sushi. might be a good idea to use the stewpot for cor in dynamis.
 Odin.Creaucent
Server: Odin
user: Creaucent
By Odin.Creaucent 2017-11-15 09:57:19
Link | Quote | Reply

So I've come back for XI for a little bit and I'm looking at updating my cor's leaden salute gear but I need some help with augments on herc gear. Atm I've got agi+9 mab/macc+13 WS damage+7% on my herc hands, macc+15 MAB+21 WS damage+4% on herc legs and macc+21 MAB+25 WS damage+3% on herc feet. At what point would MAB just straight up beat the WS damage on those pieces?

ItemSet 354370

That's what I'm using atm and other augments are the Gun has agi+14 MAB+19 WS damage+7%, cape is agi+20 racc/att+20 WS damage+10%. Obvious upgrades are the rings and body.

After doing a bit of CPing on apex crabs my LS are doing 13-16k at 1k tp and 22k at 2k tp but that's not including the cape as I'm lazy and just keep my CP cape on.
By Afania 2017-11-17 20:01:40
Link | Quote | Reply

You can use spreadsheet or my cor ws calculator to figure out:

https://docs.zoho.com/sheet/riphone.do?rid=n7dt9737650532eb84988a9ce4192efd00fff

Mab devalues with mab buffs, so it's hard to say without knowing exact numbers.
[+]
 Asura.Mewwgoat
user: mewgoat
By Asura.Mewwgoat 2017-11-20 16:02:01
Link | Quote | Reply

hey fellow pirates, im curious, been told should be main handing the hepa spara, but i was curious, the ws acc+ apply to all ws or just sword ws when thats main handed? (currently running hepa spara nq/fettering blade with a holliday with dmg+7 agl+8 racc+21 ratt+17 wsd+4%)
 Asura.Mewwgoat
By Asura.Mewwgoat 2017-11-20 16:47:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Asides from rune kris for attack capped + refreshed situations and mummu +2 body for those without nisroch I dont think much has changed in past 3 months.....IF rune kris latent effect works like other rune weapons that is.

With fomalhaut, stacking store tp is the best way to push ws and sc dmg higher since thats majority of fomalhaut dmg, so the key is just to stack as much stp as possible.

Fomalhaut + last stand triple shot up: ItemSet 352484

so, can triple shot proc on ws too? if so i been playing my last stand builds wrong >< been working on my fomal (almost done with ru'uan) but didn't know if it bump my last stand as much.
 Shiva.Eightball
By Shiva.Eightball 2017-11-20 17:13:34
Link | Quote | Reply

no, triple shot and double shot cannot proc on ranged WSs.
 Shiva.Eightball
By Shiva.Eightball 2017-11-20 18:32:13
Link | Quote | Reply

in response to the weapon question, the main and sub wep you use should change with what dmg you are going for. if you are doing melee for salute spam then MAB and or just OAT weps tend to do best, if you are going for savage blade spam then hepzion Spara is best likly with an OAT offhand and if you are RAing then the dagger from the manticore dood from unity has a good RA dagger and a shield from Omen you can use.

Edit: now that im home i can give you a little better info, dagger from unity for shooting Kustawi, Nusku sheild from omen also good for /war and if you need more STP in RA situation. Afina has shown that Blurred +1 dagger x2 melee for salute spam is the best dmg but besides her idk anyone with 2 lol, i usually do fettering main blurred +1 offhand for salute spam, and Hepzion spara +1 main blurred +1 offhand with anarchy +2 gun for savage blade spam.
 Shiva.Arislan
user: Arislan
By Shiva.Arislan 2017-11-20 18:59:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Mewwgoat said: »
so, can triple shot proc on ws too? if so i been playing my last stand builds wrong ><

That set that Afa posted is a TP set, not a WS set.

hey fellow pirates, im curious, been told should be main handing the hepa spara, but i was curious, the ws acc+ apply to all ws or just sword ws when thats main handed? (currently running hepa spara nq/fettering blade with a holliday with dmg+7 agl+8 racc+21 ratt+17 wsd+4%)

I assume WSA is not tied to a particular weapon type, since the stat is available on armor too. I think WSA+15 would act like Acc +15 on any physical sword WS, and Racc +15 on any physical ranged WS.
By Afania 2017-11-20 21:34:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Eightball said: »
in response to the weapon question, the main and sub wep you use should change with what dmg you are going for. if you are doing melee for salute spam then MAB and or just OAT weps tend to do best, if you are going for savage blade spam then hepzion Spara is best likly with an OAT offhand and if you are RAing then the dagger from the manticore dood from unity has a good RA dagger and a shield from Omen you can use.

Edit: now that im home i can give you a little better info, dagger from unity for shooting Kustawi, Nusku sheild from omen also good for /war and if you need more STP in RA situation. Afina has shown that Blurred +1 dagger x2 melee for salute spam is the best dmg but besides her idk anyone with 2 lol, i usually do fettering main blurred +1 offhand for salute spam, and Hepzion spara +1 main blurred +1 offhand with anarchy +2 gun for savage blade spam.

Blurred +1 x2 for melee salute spam when super buffed with mab and malaise, because at that point ws avg so high that faster ws= more DPS, and mab is devalued. Using a dagger main hand also opens up ability to self darkness via salute > AE > Salute for some very high dmg.

In low buff situations BiS main hand melee for leaden would be hep. Rapier +1, same mab as fettering, better DPS. Fettering is probably better for shooting with leaden.

Edit: Someone kindly sent me a PM (thanks for the reminder!)about replacing AE with shining blade with sword main hand. Although the there are pros and cons of each ws with different elements, targets, tp speed and ws mod. I'm just eyeballing without putting time into math but combo with AE + blurred seems like more damage and easier to connect.
[+]
 Asura.Mewwgoat
By Asura.Mewwgoat 2017-11-21 02:18:26
Link | Quote | Reply

ok, no +1's for this guy, i have trouble getting up to 10 mil in the first place much less 25. and why rapier or spara?
 Sylph.Oraen
Server: Sylph
user: Gaztastic
By Sylph.Oraen 2017-11-21 02:39:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Sapara is an excellent option for multiple reasons. They have the second highest base damage for any melee weapon we can use, beaten only by Raetic NQ/HQ, while also having a rather low delay. 12 STR/MND is absolutely perfect for our strongest physical WS option with Savage Blade. On top of that, they also boast pretty massive accuracy on top of bonus weapon skill accuracy. On a job without a single A rank for weaponry, that additional accuracy is huge. Getting access to Swift Blade isn't a gamechanger, but it's certainly not unwelcome.

I don't think as highly of the Rapier, but it's still good. Higher base damage than Fettering with lower delay leads to higher DPS of the weapon itself and it has the same MAB as Fettering for Leaden or Wildfire scenarios. However, you lose accuracy, ranged accuracy, and magic accuracy, so it's a tradeoff. My biggest gripe with the weapon, though, is how much of a pain it is to craft, especially compared to the Sapara. The inclusion of the Star Sapphire really sucks, whereas Saparas are absurdly easy to make.
 Asura.Mewwgoat
By Asura.Mewwgoat 2017-11-21 03:18:32
Link | Quote | Reply

first, ment why the rapier over the sapara (didn't notice the mab) and now i question to you oraen, why not rapier/fettering? thought the mab/racc/stats still applied but not the weapon skill?
 Sylph.Oraen
By Sylph.Oraen 2017-11-21 03:55:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Yes, the MAB from both will boost Leaden damage, but you also need to account for WS frequency, not just damage. Using Rapier/Fettering will have superior per-WS damage in comparison to Rapier/Blurred +1 or 2x Blurred +1, but your WS frequency will almost certainly suffer.
By Afania 2017-11-21 03:58:07
Link | Quote | Reply

first, ment why the rapier over the sapara (didn't notice the mab) and now i question to you oraen, why not rapier/fettering? thought the mab/racc/stats still applied but not the weapon skill?

Sapara is for savage blade, rapier is for melee leaden/wf. If you are fighting against mobs weak against piercing, such as bats, and spamming wf or hot shot, then rapier is def a good choice.

2x mab weapon is not always the best choice because mab atoyac exists. The extra 12 agi on it pushes magical ws higher.

Here is my usual main hand choice combo, feel free to give suggestions if I make bad choices:

1) Savage blade and requeiscat: Sapara +1/blurred +1(feel free to change sapara to nq and offhand to degen if you have Gil issues)

I occasionally offhand Odium if I'm closing multi step with a partner, with tp bonus Marian any tp past 1750 is pointless, and it's very easy to get past that with a partner, if you have a war in pt then the cap is even lower. In that case bigger ws dmg=bigger SC and the benefit of odium often outweight blurred +1.

2) Melee Leaden/wf/hot shot, low mab buff, low acc: rapier +1/mab+oat atoyac. If I need more acc then change offhand to blurred +1, if I get tons of mab buff and engage constantly, or killing omen fodders that dies in 1 ws, then change main hand to blurred+1 too.

3) Melee last stand spam or self radiance: blurred +1 x2. Degen +1 main hand if I use savage blade as part of self SC since it's much easier to connect with degen instead of sapara.

4) Shooting with last stand: kustawi HQ+ nq, if I sub war then change sub to omen shield.

5) Shooting with Leaden/wf: Fettering/Mab atoyac, if I /mage then use omen shield for sub.

6) Aeolian Edge cleaving: Atoyac/Rapier+1 I think? any better combo than this that I'm missing?

7) evisceration: Raetic Kris/odium, maybe blurred +1 is better if I need to sit in dt- set or high acc set?

Sometimes I use degen HQ+nq IF I feel absolutely need to get every point of FC for survivability, 2x degen caps utsusemi ichi casting speed, and it's not far behind blurred x2 if my acc is capped anyways.
 Asura.Mewwgoat
By Asura.Mewwgoat 2017-11-21 04:06:27
Link | Quote | Reply

thanks afania, i think i recall you saying something before about mab falloff when getting to many buffs right? is there a soft number to keep an eye out for?
By Afania 2017-11-21 04:07:54
Link | Quote | Reply

That I can't say, you have to use ws calculatior posted above.
 Lakshmi.Zaps
Server: Lakshmi
user: Zaps
By Lakshmi.Zaps 2017-11-21 18:40:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Afania is there any way you can upload the WS calc to somewhere that isnt zoho?

As far as i can tell their online editing on others peoples sheets only works if you own their products.

Thanks!
By Afania 2017-11-22 00:12:36
Link | Quote | Reply

I exported a copy and uploaded it to file dropper. I can't promise it would work correctly after export since I haven't get time to check but it should* be fine.

http://www.filedropper.com/copyofcorwscalculator
 Lakshmi.Zaps
Server: Lakshmi
user: Zaps
By Lakshmi.Zaps 2017-11-22 14:20:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks!

I'll give this a try sometime today (silly work getting in the way of gametime)

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
By Afania 2017-11-24 11:54:30
Link | Quote | Reply

DirectX said: »
2x mab weapon is not always the best choice because mab atoyac exists. The extra 12 agi on it pushes magical ws higher.

What is the next best weapon to Atoyac and how much is it realistically worse than it? Few points of damage or tens or )ps Magic Damage+ only count for main hand weapon? I was gone before this stat even exists.

Fettering, it's 12 agi v.s 4 mab for shooting so difference isn't huge.

If you are meleeing then blurred +1, it's bigger difference in ws avg but you gain more acc anyways.

Last time I checked I have 30 weapons on cor. So my inventory..
. :(

But having that many weapons don't make noticeable difference in performance anyways. So by any means just use inventory saver even if they are not BiS.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Sylph.Oraen
By Sylph.Oraen 2017-11-24 15:54:32
Link | Quote | Reply

If you're aiming for per-WS strength, an HQ Hepatizon Rapier is quite good. For WS frequency, HQ Blurred Knife is likely your best option.

In the majority of situations, frequency is the superior choice, but there are times, such as closing skillchains, where the raw damage bonus per-WS will win out.
By clearlyamule 2017-11-24 16:42:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Shouldn't the lack of mdmg also hinder Atoyac a bit on ws dmg?

On WF that 12 agi is going to be equivalent (I'd say the same but rounding) as 63.6 mdmg and on LS it would be 80.1-144 depending on tp.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 145 146 147 ... 156 157 158