First Page 2 3 ... 125 126 127 ... 156 157 158
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Server: Valefor
Game: FFXI
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2017-01-09 05:12:03
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't know how many times I've repeated that everything is open to suggestions and that if I forget things through updates you can always let me know. You act like I abandoned the forum.
[+]
By Afania 2017-01-09 10:50:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Sehachan said: »
I don't know how many times I've repeated that everything is open to suggestions and that if I forget things through updates you can always let me know. You act like I abandoned the forum.

Thanks for the update. Yeah there are a couple of new gears missing, such as Ilabrat Ring for AGI+10 would probably replace garuda +1, and blurred +1 for melee. But I actually wanted to suggest more diverse ranged tp sets for different weapon/ws like other job guides. Things like fomalhaut/last stand tp set(favors stp, and some ranged dps), dp/malaise leaden salute tp set(favors stp more heavily than last stand tp set, ranged dps is less relevant), armageddon AM3 or wildfire tp set(favors crit dmg/crit hit/rattk).

I don't think it has to be perfect, but at least it could be guidance to people seeking direction on how to gear for ranged attack.
[+]
 Shiva.Arislan
Server: Shiva
user: Arislan
By Shiva.Arislan 2017-01-09 11:47:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Afania said: »
But I actually wanted to suggest more diverse ranged tp sets for different weapon/ws like other job guides.

Maybe it would be helpful to show some example sets for capping delay reduction under different levels of magic haste, too? Most times, I'm lucky to even get Haste I in parties... much less ever get enough haste to take advantage of the set shown in the guide. ; ;
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2017-01-09 12:22:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Like the disclaimer in the gear section says, there are just way too many variables to put them all there(even more so with our job that is completely random).

If someone has good tp sets for ranged for the 3 main guns that would be cool.
By Afania 2017-01-09 12:52:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Like the disclaimer in the gear section says, there are just way too many variables to put them all there(even more so with our job that is completely random).

If someone has good tp sets for ranged for the 3 main guns that would be cool.

Yeah I agree that it's extremely difficult to nail down a proper way to gear /ra COR due to variety of ws, guns, buffs and situations. Took me months to look for people to update spreadsheet and add gears just to do that. Here's the basic outline.

This is when racc isn't a concern(in that case swap out a few pieces for racc), and not aiming for specific hit build with sam roll. From my experience as long as I have sam roll up and don't settle with bad numbers like No.6 I almost always have 4 hit for 1 ra to WS with triple shot.

Fomalhaut(or Armageddon no AM)+Last stand tp:
ItemSet 348483

AGI+20 or 30, rattk/racc, stp+10 backpiece. Racc path for adhemars.

Leaden salute+malaise/death penalty:
ItemSet 348901
Mostly the same as fomalhaut/last stand except physical ra dps weight a lot less with heavy mage buff and less attack, and majority of dmg came from magic dmg instead of physical dmg. So I just screw dead aim head swap in stp head/feet to push leaden avg higher.

AGI+20, rattk/racc+30, stp+10 backpiece.

Armageddon AM3+last stand or WF:
ItemSet 348475
AGI+20 or 30, rattk/racc+20, crit+10 back. crit hit dmg +6 or more augment on herc legs. WF doesn't scale with tp, and tp overflow hurts dps, so personally I would just focus on /ra dps instead of stp.

If anyone has suggestions or advice, please don't hesitate to let me know.

Edit:For cor, the difference between arma crit build and arma stp build for last stand may not be huge when sc dmg is considered due to the lack of dead aim job trait. The tp set for Fomalhaut could work for Armageddon last stand as well, if the party is SCing with ws.
 Asura.Azagarth
Server: Asura
user: Azagarth
By Asura.Azagarth 2017-01-09 13:49:29
Link | Quote | Reply

right off I would swap rajas for Ilabrat Ring in all the spots, same stp but the racc benefit of 10 agil. Other than that they look solid enough.

I dont think you can get 6 crit dmg on herc btw, 4 is cap and 5 with fern. Unless your counting some dark matter stuff... which I would think is really worth posting about.

I am unsure I would suggest carmine greaves, no benefit other than the 8 stp and you will still probably want some form of racc. Better suggestion would be herc feet w/ a stp aug (can get 6, maybe 7 w/ fern).
[+]
By Afania 2017-01-09 13:58:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Azagarth said: »
right off I would swap rajas for Ilabrat Ring in all the spots, same stp but the racc benefit of 10 agil. Other than that they look solid enough.

I dont think you can get 6 crit dmg on herc btw, 4 is cap and 5 with fern. Unless your counting some dark matter stuff... which I would think is really worth posting about.

I am unsure I would suggest carmine greaves, no benefit other than the 8 stp and you will still probably want some form of racc. Better suggestion would be herc feet w/ a stp aug (can get 6, maybe 7 w/ fern).

Argh, that Ilabrat ring is like a shadow lurking in the corner, so hard to notice - -. Yeah Ilabrat should be a better choice unless racc is capped, which is often not the case.

I honestly have no idea how high crit-hit dmg can go on herc, I swear I've seen +6 once but I forgot if it's from fern or DM. Regardless, we don't have any crit-dmg gear on feet/hands slot so we're still stuck with herc.

My original leaden tp set on paper has herc feet with stp aug+racc, but after one round of feeding stones I don't recall I've seen stp+ racc pop together even once, let alone something as high as 5 or more stp. So I just got lazy and put carmine+1 on it. I suppose herc is a solid alternative if someone ever see both racc and stp pop together. Until then ambuscade feet for racc may be the only easy choice for racc unless I'm missing something.

Edit: Just double checked, stp isn't on ranged path herc. So the only way to get both racc and stp on feet is through DM, or with melee path and settle with 10 racc.
By Boshi 2017-01-09 14:01:34
Link | Quote | Reply

The crit dmg cap is +4 pel/taup, +5fern
[+]
 Asura.Azagarth
user: Azagarth
By Asura.Azagarth 2017-01-09 16:03:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Afania said: »
Just double checked, stp isn't on ranged path herc. So the only way to get both racc and stp on feet is through DM, or with melee path and settle with 10 racc.

I have seen it a few time so I know for a fact it exists, got one with 5 stp and 9 racc once, I didnt take it however as it was on my 5 wsd feet haha. It probably is super rare though. All stones have a chance at other's augs so maybe I just had weird luck and got a melee "special ability" when choosing ranged :D

I agree though it might not be worth the pursuing but for a newer cor at some point they very well may see it while augging herc for wsd, so something to keep in mind.

Melee wise stp is for sure an augment, and even then you can get 7 stp and herc has base 10 racc and ra attack. I am sure 10 ranged acc/attack will outdo 1 stp anyhow, not including the guarantee 15 agil more you will get too :D

regardless all are so small, I like your sets keep it up!
 Hades.Dade
Server: Hades
user: Dade
By Hades.Dade 2017-01-09 16:46:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Looking over main page sets, how are adhemdar feet better then herc for leaden salute?

Also, may want to consider breaking sets into like NQ/HQ idk how many people have multiple adhmedar+1 items.
 Quetzalcoatl.Langly
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Langly
By Quetzalcoatl.Langly 2017-01-09 16:59:47
Link | Quote | Reply

There are
Hades.Dade said: »
Looking over main page sets, how are adhemdar feet better then herc for leaden salute?

Also, may want to consider breaking sets into like NQ/HQ idk how many people have multiple adhmedar+1 items.

There are downgrade sets available too last I looked. Is there one missing or one you'd want refined?
 Asura.Chiaia
VIP
user: Demmis
By Asura.Chiaia 2017-01-09 17:34:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Ok added Honor March, Crystal Blessing, Flurries (also put a cap of 70% to snapshot), fixed geo's haste not counting on set 2.

Fixed Fencer to 200TP & 3% crit rate. (was listed as 20TP & 5%.

Fixed Rogue's roll not being count on RA.

Partially added geo's str & agi at this point finishing that up.

Need to make a new slot type shield for our new toy we got.

Its got all of the stuff Afania's leaked copy has too of course. -Any gear they added since was done afterwards.

Anything else you guys can think of to add?

Edit:
Oh yea bumped up the cell allowing Minuet to go to 25 now instead of 15 max.
[+]
 Hades.Dade
Server: Hades
user: Dade
By Hades.Dade 2017-01-09 17:58:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Langly said: »
There are
Hades.Dade said: »

There are downgrade sets available too last I looked. Is there one missing or one you'd want refined?

Id have to play with spreadsheet to be sure but shouldn't something like TP hands go HQ adhemdar > Very good herc > NQ adhemdar > floral?

as far as missing sets, I think in an ideal world would have gear sets for TP optimized for different ACC targets. Cor lags behind many DD in base ACC so having sets for common breakpoints(if such exist) would be pretty sweet.
 Asura.Chiaia
VIP
By Asura.Chiaia 2017-01-09 21:17:34
Link | Quote | Reply

So I been talking with Verda since he been doing some big changes on the rng spreadsheet. I asked him to point out some of the mistakes he found in the rng spreadsheet to see if we had the same. There were a few but some don't apply to the cor one since we don't have a relic or relic hat.

One of them was the ws dmg formula for magic weapons which lead me to look at pixie hairpin +1. Whoever added it in only added it as 28 MAB lol. I've fixed it to be affinity. Archon ring was correct. Which lead me to noticing Haverton was listed at 600% snapshot lol. Which was a bigger deal before I just added a cap to snapshot.
[+]
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2017-01-10 03:58:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Can you pass me the link of the updated spreadsheet please so I'll add it to the main page too.
[+]
 Asura.Chiaia
VIP
By Asura.Chiaia 2017-01-10 04:19:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Can you pass me the link of the updated spreadsheet please so I'll add it to the main page too.
I will PM you as soon as I post it in here too. I should have it done tomorrow for what I plan to release this time. Maybe 2 days I really should go in and add a lot of gear that is missing but its the one thing I dread doing and clean up the random aug gear multiple people seem to have put while doing older updates :/

Update: With BG being pretty much down tonight I didn't get to do much with what I had left to do.

Update Jan 13th, 2017: Shiva.Arislan is helping me add gear to the sheet and I am removing really old crap so were not looking at 50 pieces for one slot.
Server: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: Creaucent
By Creaucent Alazrin 2017-01-13 09:46:19
Link | Quote | Reply

So I just got agi+9 macc/mab+13 and ws dmg+7% on my herc gloves from the dark matter campaign id assume these would beat the agi+11 and MAB+30 that's on the path D carmine hands?
 Bismarck.Kuroganashi
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Kuroganashi 2017-01-18 22:26:29
Link | Quote | Reply

not 100% sure on how to augment my Ambuscade Mantle for COR

I use Last Stand / Leaden Salute / Wildfire

This is my first COR mantle (I am looking for something that would work for all 3 WS Possibly)

Any thing in mind guys ?

Thinking of : AGI+30 Rng.ATK+20 Rng.ACC+20 (MAB+10 or WS DMG+10)
What do you guys think ?

Please help X.x
[+]
 Shiva.Arislan
By Shiva.Arislan 2017-01-18 22:45:47
Link | Quote | Reply

If it's your first mantle, I'd go AGI 30, Racc/Ratt 20, WSD 10. In addition to covering some stats for each of the three WS, you could use it as a ranged TP cape as well.

Dex 30, Acc/Att 20, STP 10 was the first cape I made, but that's because I would rarely shoot for TP. Omen and the recent Ambu Vol 1's have kind of changed that, tho.
[+]
 Bahamut.Tychefm
Server: Bahamut
user: Lyramion
By Bahamut.Tychefm 2017-01-18 22:46:52
Link | Quote | Reply

If you only wanna use one WS mantle then use 30Agi 20Ratk/Raac WSD+10.

Mdmg +20 is a very small addition to damage on Weaponskills. Macc +20 you only need on really high content. WSD does a lot more than 10 MAB.
[+]
 Bismarck.Kuroganashi
By Bismarck.Kuroganashi 2017-01-18 23:07:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Arislan said: »
If it's your first mantle, I'd go AGI 30, Racc/Ratt 20, WSD 10. In addition to covering some stats for each of the three WS, you could use it as a ranged TP cape as well.

Dex 30, Acc/Att 20, STP 10 was the first cape I made, but that's because I would rarely shoot for TP. Omen and the recent Ambu Vol 1's have kind of changed that, tho.
Bahamut.Tychefm said: »
If you only wanna use one WS mantle then use 30Agi 20Ratk/Raac WSD+10.

Mdmg +20 is a very small addition to damage on Weaponskills. Macc +20 you only need on really high content. WSD does a lot more than 10 MAB.

Awesome , thanks :D

so AGI+30 R.ATK+20 R.ATK+20 WSD+10% be :D

Been doing pretty descent dmg so far but just thought it can get better with the proper augments on mantle :D

also I have [Gunslinger's Cape] MAB+2 Enmity-3 Phantom Roll Ability delay -4 WSD+5%

Is that good ? Should I be using that for any WS at all ?

Just forgot to mention it on earlier post.

I like the fact it has R.ACC+20 M.ACC+10 MAB+12 Enmity-3 PR Delay -4 WSD+5% Recycle+5%

So is that any good for anything ?
[+]
 Bahamut.Tychefm
By Bahamut.Tychefm 2017-01-19 08:21:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Ambu excells Gunslingers for Weaponskills. You might use it for Quickdraws for the Macc/Mab if you don't have a magic based Ambu cape.
[+]
 Bismarck.Kuroganashi
By Bismarck.Kuroganashi 2017-01-19 14:43:40
Link | Quote | Reply

You guys are AWESOME , thank you :)

so far , COR is doing amazing for CP

292 JP any sugestions on what area to do ?

Phantom Roll Duration 20/20
Bust Evasion 12/20
Random Deal Effect 1/20
R.ACC+ 2/20

(I asked around and ppl say "BUST Evasion" is TRASH)

May somebody please explain what it is and how does it actually work ?

Game Description is Ambiguous as always X.x

Does it make so when you BUST it goes away ? or does it make so it is more likely for you to roll a # that won't bust ?

Confused >.<

Also I been doing Double Light / Double Dark as a COR so Random Deal is nice but I am not using it much on CP pt due to not needing it.

• Cloudsplitter > CDC = Distrotion > Leaden Salute = DARK

• Fusion > Savage = light > CDC = Double Light

• Mistral Axe > Savage = Light > CDC = Double Light

• Cloudsplitter > CDC = Distortion > Requistcat = Dark > WF = Double Dark

we usually got following :

BLM PLD COR WHM RDM BST

BLM PLD COR WHM BST BLU

BLM PLD COR RUN WHM BLU

BLM WAR COR RUN BLU WHM

So it is pretty nice that we can do double Light or Dark as needed.

anyways, back to subject:

Ammo Consumption ? R.ACC+ ? Optimal Range ? Keep doing Bust EVA+ ?

Which do you guys think be best to do now ?
[+]
 Asura.Chiaia
VIP
By Asura.Chiaia 2017-01-19 14:49:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Kuroganashi said: »
Does it make so when you BUST it goes away ? or does it make so it is more likely for you to roll a # that won't bust ?
It make it so that when you do bust you have a chance of not receiving the bust debuff so its pretty much trash.
[+]
 Shiva.Eightball
By Shiva.Eightball 2017-01-19 14:49:49
Link | Quote | Reply

bust evasion makes it so that when you get a bust it won't apply the bust icon and you can still use that slot w/o fold.

I would say
wildcard
triple shot
QD
Racc
are best slots after roll duration
I have actually gotten the wildcard reset twice in a row, be sure you have the Relic boots on whenever using WC.
[+]
 Shiva.Arislan
By Shiva.Arislan 2017-01-19 15:09:01
Link | Quote | Reply

292 JP any sugestions on what area to do ?

Phantom Roll Duration 20/20
Bust Evasion 12/20
Random Deal Effect 1/20
R.ACC+ 2/20

Random Deal (and Wild Card) are both things you'll want to have 20/20 for endgame group play... it's one of the main reasons people want CORs around. Make sure you put at least 1 merit in Loaded Deck, too.

If you're just CP'ing right now, I wouldn't worry about optimizing job points unlocks... nothing is really all that useful, since you're probably meleeing for TP on Apex, right?

Also I been doing Double Light / Double Dark as a COR so Random Deal is nice but I am not using it much on CP pt due to not needing it.

You don't really need to be doing double darkness, since WF is pretty weak. A 3-step single-darkness with Leaden as the closer is much more powerful -- if your Leaden set is decent, your BLM will get bored from watching you one-shot kill everything.
 Odin.Slore
Server: Odin
user: Slore
By Odin.Slore 2017-01-19 17:27:50
Link | Quote | Reply

need some help guys and gals, trying to build a good last stand set but it is not working out. I am working on meg gear but it is coming slow. I am using below set:

ItemSet 349075

all herc has ws dmg on it and cape has 10% wsd but the last stands are doin absolute ***. Like 5k in cp parties. Any ideas on gear/augs for someone who doesnt have meg yet?

edit: 57% wsd on set with fotias
By hobo 2017-01-19 18:15:38
Link | Quote | Reply

What is your ranged acc at? 57% wsd doesn't mean much if half the shot misses. Also 57%? How did you get so much?

That is probably not the problem, but might as well get the easy checks out of the way before someone comes with heavy trouble shooting.

Gun could matter as well? Unless you are using the formuhalt in which case it could be a bigger problem?
[+]
 Bahamut.Tychefm
By Bahamut.Tychefm 2017-01-19 18:38:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Slore said: »
need some help guys and gals, trying to build a good last stand set but it is not working out. I am working on meg gear but it is coming slow. I am using below set:

ItemSet 349075

First off - Fotia isnt 10% WSD each. It's only +0.1 fTP . It's still great for Last Stand tho.

What kind of Gun are you using? Does your Hercs have enough +RATK on them or did you sacrifice it all for WSD?

Anyway, unless you have other buffers to make Last Stand great again Leaden Salute will easily outperform Last Stand in CP parties.
[+]
By Afania 2017-01-19 19:07:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Slore said: »

ItemSet 349075

all herc has ws dmg on it and cape has 10% wsd but the last stands are doin absolute ***. Like 5k in cp parties. Any ideas on gear/augs for someone who doesnt have meg yet?

edit: 57% wsd on set with fotias

Since you use last stand over leaden in cp I assume you're doing melee burn bats instead of mage burn crabs.

If you have noticed your last stand does way less than expected, here are some tips:

1)Definitely stack as much attack buffs as possible. Chaos rolls, geo frailty are must have. If you have mages in pt yell at them for dia, and light shot every dia whenever light shot is up. If you /DNC and have surplus tp before you WS(something like 1100 tp or more), Box step for additional 5% defense down before you WS.

Another way to boost last stand dmg is to /WAR for fencer and berserk/warcry.

2) If I remember correctly bats have attack down move, make sure you erase those if that's what you're doing.

3) If you're doing cp with a mage setup with mage buffs, don't expect physical ws do good dmg ever.

4) Gears that you can upgrade: AF+2/+3 bodies from Omen, Meg +1 set is great when attack is low, but at high attack buff situations wsd herc still wins. More so if your herc has AGI/rattk/racc augment. Meg +1 set isn't going to magically double your ws avg. More like less than 10% increase when attack uncapped assuming your herc has 27% wsd total like you claimed.

5) Make sure your last stand acc is the same as tp set acc so the low ws avg isn't the result of missing 2nd hit. Seen way too many new REMA CORs have the ability to hit things but miss every single WS.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 125 126 127 ... 156 157 158