First Page 2 3 ... 101 102 103 ... 156 157 158
 Asura.Xijaah
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Xijaah
By Asura.Xijaah 2016-02-12 10:06:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Eightball said: »
I hope I'm not wrong to assume the bullets dispensed by RME does not dispense one at a time but rather 99 at a time?
Wow man good point... I assumed they were gonna dispense stacks due to them using the plural in the description, but who knows really
 Phoenix.Faloun
Server: Phoenix
user: Chroph
By Phoenix.Faloun 2016-02-12 10:08:11
Link | Quote | Reply

They dispense bulletS, not bullet.
 Shiva.Eightball
Server: Shiva
By Shiva.Eightball 2016-02-12 10:16:55
Link | Quote | Reply

has someone unlocked one and tested? I mean we are talking about SE the Kings of mislabeling and mistranslating.
 Odin.Darkhelmet
Server: Odin
By Odin.Darkhelmet 2016-02-13 16:03:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Im intrigued myself about Death Penalty, because I was between starting a DP or an Arma, starting the prereqs for Arma, every picture I see of the new 119 DP has OA2-3x, so if thats the case, thats probably what I want to end up building, yes?
 Ragnarok.Afania
Server: Ragnarok
user: Afania
By Ragnarok.Afania 2016-02-13 20:55:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Darkhelmet said: »
Im intrigued myself about Death Penalty, because I was between starting a DP or an Arma, starting the prereqs for Arma, every picture I see of the new 119 DP has OA2-3x, so if thats the case, thats probably what I want to end up building, yes?

We talked about it last page, OA2-3 on DP is mistranslation.

Unlike some jobs are mythic or bust, all 3 COR legendary has it's use, and it's really hard to decide one gun that rule them all if you're asking for recommendation. So just do all 3 8D.

Edit: while I don't have enough 1st hand experience to say for sure, I think Arma opens up the possibility to use certain setup or build with high racc. You can maybe* finally hit things you previously can't.

DP will probably have more use for most things ppl do on COR....which is to shoot leaden salute and QD in af3 feet to boost blm nuke dmg.

has someone unlocked one and tested? I mean we are talking about SE the Kings of mislabeling and mistranslating.

I wish I could, but too busy this month to do hardcore grinding :S
 Ragnarok.Afania
By Ragnarok.Afania 2016-02-13 23:09:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Afania said: »
Odin.Darkhelmet said: »

We talked about it last page, OA2-3 on DP is mistranslation.

Unlike some jobs are mythic or bust, all 3 COR legendary has it's use, and it's really hard to decide one gun that rule them all if you're asking for recommendation. So just do all 3 8D.

Edit: while I don't have enough 1st hand experience to say for sure, I think Arma opens up the possibility to use certain setup or build with high racc. You can maybe* finally hit things you previously can't.

DP will probably have more use for most things ppl do on COR....which is to shoot leaden salute and QD in af3 feet to boost blm nuke dmg.

Decided to do some rough calculation about how much racc we can get now, typed a lot of things, and accidentally closed my window before I send submit. Too lazy to type everything again so I'll just give quick numbers. :S

With arma 119III and new unity daggers, and racc path adhemar gears, I should have around 1297 racc before food/ionis/vorseal/buffs. 1348ish with HQ adhemar/herc feet racc augment.

Adding +90 from perfect hunger, +100 from sublime, +100 from vorseal(it's possible to get more), that's around 1587~1640 before adding GEO bubbles/BRD buffs.

Maybe that's enough accuracy for RNG setup against certain NM, if your group decided to use RNG setup.

But since most groups use mage setup anyways, you probably still get more out of dp by timing QD/leaden salute. But you will lose 72.5 racc(50 AGI+ 35 racc) with dp unless you keep AM1 up. So if your group decided to do RNG setup, you may find it harder to hit things.
 Valefor.Sapphire
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Sapphire 2016-02-14 13:11:00
Link | Quote | Reply

I just finished afterglow on my armageddon, it gives 99 bullets at a time, useable every hour.
So sweeeeet.

More info edit:
The AG ammo works with any gun, tested armageddon's Devastating Bullets with DP just in case there was some sneaky oldschool Culverin/HeavyShell combo limitation that prevented certain gun/ammo combos, so no worries there.

The afterglow visual fx from afterglow'd gun still displays when idle/shooting using another gun if you lockstyle'd the Afterglowed gun, as expected.
[+]
 Shiva.Eightball
Server: Shiva
By Shiva.Eightball 2016-02-14 15:33:53
Link | Quote | Reply

good to know, thank you ^^
By Afania 2016-02-28 03:57:52
Link | Quote | Reply

If using armageddon 119 III with AM3 up, what's everyone's opinion toward crit-hit rate/damage build over store tp for /ra tp even when you can't 3 hit to 1000 tp with triple shot up?

Decided to find a target that takes extra piercing dmg for Armageddon AM3 triple shot lulz, crit-hit and none crit-hit made close to 2k dmg difference even in 0 crit-hit damage gears.

Just wondering if it'd be better to focus on /ra dps in situations like this. Since triple shot proc + triple dmg proc on all 3 hits can do pretty insane dmg if all 3 shots crit too.

Since racc path herc can get both racc and crit-hit rate/dmg +5% augment, maybe something like this?

ItemSet 342203

I need to spend sometime to update my spreadsheet, it's way too unusable with all that recent changes to empy AM and new pdif cap .____.

Also I wonder how much white dmg RNG can do with dead aim job trait.....I'm jealous that we don't have it ._.
[+]
 Valefor.Sapphire
By Valefor.Sapphire 2016-02-28 08:06:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Right now i've just focused on a gearset that lets me cap racc completely unsupported. Then try to get away with stp and crit afterwards.
In the current meta with sch+geo+blm all the things, a geo isnt going to roll bubbles for just you, and noones bringing a bard so I gear for racc and use sublime sushi.

Reforging is kinda the go-to event for everyone at the moment and even though avatar battles are 'older content', it should be noted that you can bring cor instead of another sch or blm and still get 7-8min clears on VD.
The basic cooperative skillchaining in my current group doing Leviathan VD goes something like this with COR SCH WHM PLD BLM BLM :

SCH (fragmentation) -> Last Stand (Light) -> KoTR (Double Light)

TP rate for everyone keeps up with the sch, and when the sch runs out of stratagens I just make skillchains with the paladin, Savage Blade->Last Stand.

One thing to note is that bringing 2 sch messes up the dps and ws frequency of me and the pld making double light/dark and didnt speed up the runs so 1sch and 2blm for magic burst damage goes smoothest.
If people want to integrate cor into things its certainly a lot easier with the latest reforge with the dramatic racc boost.

For rolls, tactician is still my favorite, sch+blm can use the tp for mykr, pld can keep up with the multistepping sc, and I get some spare tp to squeeze in a wildfire for aftermatch maintenance.
The 2nd roll can pretty much be anything, ive done chaos roll but had a few instances of pulling hate with tripleshot+tripledamage procs so i've been just using allies roll to shift the damage benefit to the skillchain.

For Reisen/escha, with cor i'm pretty much just ws'ing after the SCH skillchain to upgrade it to light/dark,
so for something mid-tier like Strophadia it goes something like SCH (distortion) -> Leaden (darkness).
I still have issues where I have to be careful to not trip over SCH skillchains and sit on 2k+ TP for an opening to ws, so you could make a case for maximizing tp phase dps.
 Ragnarok.Afania
By Ragnarok.Afania 2016-02-28 08:56:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Sapphire said: »
Right now i've just focused on a gearset that lets me cap racc completely unsupported. Then try to get away with stp and crit afterwards.
In the current meta with sch+geo+blm all the things, a geo isnt going to roll bubbles for just you, and noones bringing a bard so I gear for racc and use sublime sushi.

Reforging is kinda the go-to event for everyone at the moment and even though avatar battles are 'older content', it should be noted that you can bring cor instead of another sch or blm and still get 7-8min clears on VD.
The basic cooperative skillchaining in my current group doing Leviathan VD goes something like this with COR SCH WHM PLD BLM BLM :

SCH (fragmentation) -> Last Stand (Light) -> KoTR (Double Light)

TP rate for everyone keeps up with the sch, and when the sch runs out of stratagens I just make skillchains with the paladin, Savage Blade->Last Stand.

One thing to note is that bringing 2 sch messes up the dps and ws frequency of me and the pld making double light/dark and didnt speed up the runs so 1sch and 2blm for magic burst damage goes smoothest.
If people want to integrate cor into things its certainly a lot easier with the latest reforge with the dramatic racc boost.

For rolls, tactician is still my favorite, sch+blm can use the tp for mykr, pld can keep up with the multistepping sc, and I get some spare tp to squeeze in a wildfire for aftermatch maintenance.
The 2nd roll can pretty much be anything, ive done chaos roll but had a few instances of pulling hate with tripleshot+tripledamage procs so i've been just using allies roll to shift the damage benefit to the skillchain.

For Reisen/escha, with cor i'm pretty much just ws'ing after the SCH skillchain to upgrade it to light/dark,
so for something mid-tier like Strophadia it goes something like SCH (distortion) -> Leaden (darkness).
I still have issues where I have to be careful to not trip over SCH skillchains and sit on 2k+ TP for an opening to ws, so you could make a case for maximizing tp phase dps.

Boo was kinda expecting some epeen SS AM3 dmg from you ;p

Speaking of Leviathan VD, why not just do melee setup? It's roughly a 2min(or less) fight with just 2 blu CDC the hell out of everything. Even with 1 single melee cor you probably* can still kill it in less than 8 min with good support, as long as you can stay alive without having to kill your dps with shadow recast and dt- set.
 Valefor.Sapphire
By Valefor.Sapphire 2016-02-28 11:38:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Eh, im not really the epeening type when it comes to damage. If i'm able to pull hate going ham with AM3+triple+chaos roll, I assume my damage is good enough :P

We dont do blu setup because strangely enough we only have 1 person that plays BLU (and does it really well) and they just come geo or sch depending on how we juggle the core setup.

Also we slot fill the party from outside LS with whm/sch/blm of varying levels of skill+gear and doing the cor+mages on lower ledge setup is a failsafe and still quick win.
that 8min time is including all the buff time+me doing fiddling with doing 2 rolls.
We can push fights down to 5mins and melt it faster with the best people but as long as its not 10+min or something I dont really care.

At this point i'm not really sure if I ever need to reforge DP besides 'hey look at me', like I said before Arma III surpasses my expectations since it addresses the main issue of needing to actually hit the target and not rely on anyone else to buff me.
 Ragnarok.Afania
By Ragnarok.Afania 2016-02-28 12:19:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Sapphire said: »
Eh, im not really the epeening type when it comes to damage. If i'm able to pull hate going ham with AM3+triple+chaos roll, I assume my damage is good enough :P

We dont do blu setup because strangely enough we only have 1 person that plays BLU (and does it really well) and they just come geo or sch depending on how we juggle the core setup.

Also we slot fill the party from outside LS with whm/sch/blm of varying levels of skill+gear and doing the cor+mages on lower ledge setup is a failsafe and still quick win.
that 8min time is including all the buff time+me doing fiddling with doing 2 rolls.
We can push fights down to 5mins and melt it faster with the best people but as long as its not 10+min or something I dont really care.

At this point i'm not really sure if I ever need to reforge DP besides 'hey look at me', like I said before Arma III surpasses my expectations since it addresses the main issue of needing to actually hit the target and not rely on anyone else to buff me.

Id say DP still has a use in mage setup for higher lv stuff. For kirin woc reisenjima T3 T4 lv of mob, it's quite unlikely to land hits without buff(you need like 1800 or 2k acc I think?) In that case majority of your dmg would came from QD (which is also used to boost nuke dmg) and maybe ws depending on how you incorporate ws into SC.
By Sidiov 2016-03-01 20:40:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Mekki said: »
I'm just coming back from a 3 year break. I decided to take up Corsair and Main this awesome job. Is there any chance I will see a updated list of gear and sets I can focus on? Would love to see page one updated. If anyone can help me out with sets I will really appreciate it. Thank you in advance.
Nothing much to change. If you get a herc aug thats better than whats in the slot, replace it.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2016-03-02 03:17:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Quick Math: can't decide between Forban Cape +1 (AGI+10 MAB+5 STP+5) for WF/LS vs Gunslinger Cape (MAB +15 MACC+20 WSD+3%). Guess I should add that I'm using Karieyeh Ring & a 7% WSD Doomsday. Unless there is a cap I am not aware of.

Which one would put out better dmg? Since both are AGI modified, I figured it would be close. Thoughts?

disregard. I see the gearset. Gunslinger wrecks it.
 Phoenix.Faloun
Server: Phoenix
user: Chroph
By Phoenix.Faloun 2016-03-08 12:55:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Use
Quote:
this for your gs code
 Bismarck.Squah
Server: Bismarck
user: Squah
By Bismarck.Squah 2016-03-08 13:31:33
Link | Quote | Reply

He meant to use code tags. Disclaimer: i copied this from my phone so it may not work lol

Side note I noticed while scrolling to select it all: you missed the period on mubvumba oogabooga mantle in your idle PDT set, I think.
Code

function get_sets()

--F9 = Luzaf Ring On/Off--
--F10 = TP Index Toggle--
--F11 = Ranged Attack Index Toggle--
--F12 = Idle Index Toggle--

send_command('bind f9 gs c toggle Luz')
send_command('bind f10 gs c toggle TP set')
send_command('bind f11 gs c toggle RA set')
send_command('bind f12 gs c toggle Idle set')

--Job Ability Sets--

sets.JA = {}
sets.JA['Random Deal'] = {body="Lanun Frac +1"}
sets.JA['Wild Card'] = {feet="Lanun Bottes +1"}
sets.JA['Snake Eye'] = {legs="Lanun Culottes +1"}
sets.JA['Fold'] = {hands="Lanun Gants +1"}
sets.JA['Triple Shot'] = {body="Chasseur's Frac +1"}
sets.JA['Phantom Roll'] = {head="Lanun Tricorne +1",body="Lanun Frac +1",hands="Chasseur's Gants +1", ring2="Barataria Ring", back="Gunslinger's Cape"}
sets.JA['Double-Up'] = {head="Lanun Tricorne +1",body="Lanun Frac +1",hands="Chasseur's Gants +1", ring2="Barataria Ring", back="Gunslinger's Cape"}
sets.JA['Tactician\'s Roll'] ={head="Lanun Tricorne +1",body="Chasseur's Frac",hands="Chasseur's Gants +1",ring2="Barataria Ring",back="Gunslinger's Cape"}
sets.JA['Courser\'s Roll'] = {head="Lanun Tricorne +1",body="Lanun Frac +1",hands="Chasseur's Gants +1",feet="Chasseur's Bottes +1",ring2="Barataria Ring",back="Gunslinger's Cape"}
sets.JA['Blitzer\'s Roll'] = {head="Chasseur's Tricorne +1",body="Lanun Frac +1",hands="Chasseur's Gants +1",ring2="Barataria Ring",back="Gunslinger's Cape"}
sets.JA['Castor\'s Roll'] = {head="Lanun Tricorne +1",body="Lanun Frac +1",hands="Chasseur's Gants +1",legs="Chasseur's Culottes +1",ring2="Barataria Ring",back="Gunslinger's Cape"}

--Luzaf Ring index for Self Command toggle--

sets.Luz = {}
sets.Luz.index = {'Off','On'}
Luz_Index = 1

sets.Luz.Off = {ring1="Roller's Ring"}
sets.Luz.On = {ring1="Luzaf's Ring"}

-- Idle sets--

sets.Idle = {}
sets.Idle.index = {'Reg','PDT','MDT'}
Idle_Index = 1

sets.Idle.Reg = {
ammo="Adlivun Bullet",
head="Rawhide Mask",
neck="Wiglen Gorget",
ear1="Volley Earring",
ear2="Ethereal Earring",
body="Emet Harness",
hands={ name="Herculean Gloves", augments={'Accuracy+29','Attack+14','"Triple Atk."+2'}},
ring1="Paguroidea Ring",
ring2="Sheltered Ring",
back="Mubvum Mantle",
waist="Flume Belt +1",
legs="Rawhide Trousers",
feet="Hermes' Sandals"}

sets.Idle.PDT = {
main="Terra's Staff", sub="Oneiros Grip",ammo="Adlivun Bullet",
head="Herculean Helm",
neck="Wiglen Gorget",
ear1="Volley Earring",
ear2="Ethereal Earring",
body="Emet Harness",
hands={ name="Herculean Gloves", augments={'Accuracy+29','Attack+14','"Triple Atk."+2'}},
ring1="Paguroidea",
ring2="Vertigo Ring",
back="Mubvum Mantle",
waist="Flume Belt +1",
legs={ name="Herculean Trousers", augments={'CHR+3','Accuracy+14','Attack+19','"Triple Atk."+1'}},
feet={ name="Herculean Boots", augments={'DEX+8','Accuracy+28','Attack+10','"Triple Atk.+1"'}},}

sets.Idle.MDT = {
ammo="Adlivun Bullet",
head="Lithelimb Cap",
neck="Wiglen Gorget",
ear1="Volley Earring",
ear2="Ethereal Earring",
body="Emet Harness",
ring1="Paguroidea",
ring2="Sheltered Ring",
back="Mubvum. Mantle",
waist="Flume Belt +1",
legs="Rawhide Trousers",
feet="Hermes' Sandals"}

--Melee TP sets--	

sets.TP = {}
sets.TP.index = {'Acc','Atk','DT'}
TP_Index = 1

sets.TP.Acc = {
main="Fettering Blade", sub="",ammo="Adlivun Bullet",
head="Whirlpool Mask",
neck="Clotharius Torque",
ear1="Dudgeon earring",
ear2="Heartseeker earring",	
body="Rawhide Vest",
ring1="Epona's ring",
ring2="Petrov Ring",
back="Atheling mantle",
waist="Phasmida Belt",
legs={ name="Herculean Trousers", augments={'CHR+3','Accuracy+14','Attack+19','"Triple Atk."+1'}},
feet={ name="Herculean Boots", augments={'DEX+8','Accuracy+28','Attack+10','"Triple Atk.+1"'}},}	

sets.TP.Atk = {
main="Fettering Blade", sub="",ammo="Adlivun Bullet",
head="Whirlpool mask",
neck="Clotharius Torque",
ear1="Dudgeon earring",
body="Rawhide Vest",
ring1="Epona's ring",
ring2="Petrov Ring",
back="Atheling mantle",
waist="Phasmida Belt",

sets.TP.DT = {
main="Fettering Blade",sub="",ammo="Adlivun Bullet",
head="Herculean Helm",
neck="Wiglen Gorget",
ear1="Dudgeon earring",
body="Emet Harness",
ring1="Defending ring",
ring2="Vertigo Ring",
back="Mollusca mantle",
waist="Flume Belt +1",

--Ranged TP Sets--

sets.RA = {}
sets.RA.index = {'Acc','Atk'}
RA_Index = 1

sets.RA.Acc = {
ammo="Adlivun Bullet",
head={ name="Herculean Helm", augments={'R--ng.Acc.+21 Rng.Atk.+21','STR+6','Rng.Acc.+9','Rng.Atk.+10'}},
neck="Marked Gorget", 
ear1="Clearview Earring", 
ear2="Volley earring",
body="Pursuer's Doublet", 
hands={ name="Herculean Gloves", augments={'Rng.Acc.+12 Rng.Atk.+12','Crit.hit rate+1','AGI+10','Rng.Acc.+13',}},
ring1="Adoulin Ring", 
ring2="Paqichikaji Ring",
back="Gunslinger's cape", 
waist="Eschan stone", 
legs="Adhemar Kecks", 
feet={ name="Herculean Boots", augments={'Rng. Acc.+30','Rng. Atk.+7','Enmity-6'}}}

sets.RA.Atk = {
ammo="Adlivun Bullet",
head={ name="Herculean Helm", augments={'Rng.Acc.+21 Rng.Atk.+21','STR+6','Rng.Acc.+9','Rng.Atk.+10'}},
neck="Marked Gorget", 
ear2="Volley earring",
hands={ name="Herculean Gloves", augments={'Rng.Acc.+12 Rng.Atk.+12','Crit.hit rate+1','AGI+10','Rng.Acc.+13',}},
ring1="Adoulin Ring", 
ring2="Paqichikaji Ring",
waist="Eschan stone", 
legs="Adhemar Kecks", 
feet={ name="Herculean Boots", augments={'Rng. Acc.+30','Rng. Atk.+7','Enmity-6'}}}

--Snapshot Set--

sets.Snapshot = {}
sets.Snapshot = {
body="Lak. Frac +1",
hands="Lanun gants",
back="Navarch's mantle",
waist="Impulse belt",
legs="Adhemar Kecks",
feet="Iuitl gaiters +1"}

--Quick Draw--

sets.QD = {}
sets.QD = {
ammo="Animikii Bullet"
head={ name="Herculean Helm", augments={'INT+11','Mag. Acc.+14','"Mag. Atk. Bns."+25','Crit. hit damage +4%'}},
neck="Stoicheion medal",
ear1="Hecate's Earring",
ear2="Friomisi earring",	
body="Samnuha Coat",
hands={ name="Herculean Gloves", augments={'"Waltz" potency +4%','AGI+7','Accuracy+5 Attack+5','Mag. Acc.+19 "Mag.Atk.Bns."+19',}},
ring1="Adoulin Ring",
ring2="Fenrir Ring +1",
waist="Eschan stone",
legs={ name="Herculean Trousers", augments={'INT+15','Mag. Acc.+7','"Mag. Atk. Bns."+23','Crit. hit damage +2%'}},
feet="Chasseur's Bottes +1"}

--Cure Sets--

sets.Cure = {}
sets.Cure= {
main="Chatoyant Staff", 
sub="Dominie's Grip",
head="Herculean Helm",
neck="Phalaina Locket",
ear1="Mendicant's Earring",
ring1="Lebeche Ring",
back="Solemnity Cape",
waist="Acerbic Sash +1",
legs="Rawhide Trousers"}

--Weapon Skills Layout--

--Requiescat--

sets.Req = {}
sets.Req = {
head="Whirlpool mask",
neck="Breeze Gorget",
ear1="Moonshade Earring",
ear2="Brutal Earring",
body="Rawhide Vest",
hands={ name="Herculean Gloves", augments={'AGI+10','Rng. Acc.+25','Rng. Atk.+12','Crit. hit rate +1%'}},
ring1="Epona's ring",
ring2="Aquasoul ring",
back="Atheling mantle",
waist="Eschan stonet",
feet={ name="Herculean Boots", augments={'DEX+8','Accuracy+28','Attack+10','"Triple Atk.+1"'}}}

--Exenterator--

sets.Exen = {}
sets.Exen = {
head="Whirlpool mask",
neck="Breeze Gorget",
ear1="Moonshade Earring",
ear2="Brutal Earring",
body="Rawhide Vest",
hands={ name="Herculean Gloves", augments={'AGI+10','Rng. Acc.+25','Rng. Atk.+12','Crit. hit rate +1%'}},
ring1="Epona's ring",
ring2="Aquasoul ring",
back="Atheling mantle",
waist="Eschan stonet",
feet={ name="Herculean Boots", augments={'DEX+8','Accuracy+28','Attack+10','"Triple Atk.+1"'}}}

--Last Stand--	

sets.LastS = {}
sets.LastS = {
ammo="Animikii Bullet",
head="Pursuer's Beret",
neck="Marked Gorget",
ear2="Volley Earring",
hands="Pursuer's Cuffs",
ring1="Stormsoul Ring",
ring2="Stormsoul Ring",
back="Gunslinger's Cape",
waist="Light Belt",
legs="Pursuer's Pants",
feet="Pursuer's Gaiters"}

--Detonator--

sets.Det = {}
sets.Det.Reg = {
ammo="Animikii Bullet",
head="Pursuer's Beret",
neck="Marked Gorget",
ear2="Volley Earring",
hands="Pursuer's Cuffs",
ring1="Stormsoul Ring",
ring2="Stormsoul Ring",
back="Gunslinger's Cape",
waist="Light Belt",
legs="Pursuer's Pants",
feet="Pursuer's Gaiters"}

--Leaden Salute--

sets.LSalute = {}
sets.LSalute = {
ammo="Animikii Bullet",
head={ name="Herculean Helm", augments={'INT+11','Mag. Acc.+14','"Mag. Atk. Bns."+25','Crit. hit damage +4%'}},
neck="Stoicheion medal",
ear1="Hecate's Earring",
ear2="Friomisi earring",	
body="Samnuha Coat",
hands={ name="Herculean Gloves", augments={'"Waltz" potency +4%','AGI+7','Accuracy+5 Attack+5','Mag. Acc.+19 "Mag.Atk.Bns."+19',}},
ring1="Adoulin Ring",
ring2="Fenrir Ring +1",
waist="Eschan stone",
legs={ name="Herculean Trousers", augments={'INT+15','Mag. Acc.+7','"Mag. Atk. Bns."+23','Crit. hit damage +2%'}},
feet={ name="Herculean Boots", augments={'Mag. Acc.+19 "Mag.Atk.Bns."+19','"Dbl.Atk."+2','INT+3','Mag. Acc.+11','"Mag.Atk.Bns."+11',}}}

--Wildfire--

sets.WFire = {}
sets.WFire = {	
ammo="Animikii Bullet",
neck="Stoicheion medal",
ear1="Hecate's earring",
ear2="Friomisi earring",	
body="Samnuha Coat",
ring1="Adoulin Ring",
ring2="Fenrir Ring +1",
waist="Eschan stone",
feet={ name="Herculean Boots", augments={'Mag. Acc.+19 "Mag.Atk.Bns."+19','"Dbl.Atk."+2','INT+3','Mag. Acc.+11','"Mag.Atk.Bns."+11',}}}

--Element--

sets.Obi = {}
sets.Obi.Fire = {waist='Karin Obi',ring2='Zodiac Ring'}
sets.Obi.Earth = {waist='Dorin Obi',ring2='Zodiac Ring'}
sets.Obi.Water = {waist='Suirin Obi',ring2='Zodiac Ring'}
sets.Obi.Wind = {waist='Furin Obi',ring2='Zodiac Ring'}
sets.Obi.Ice = {waist='Hyorin Obi',ring2='Zodiac Ring'}
sets.Obi.Thunder = {waist='Rairin Obi',ring2='Zodiac Ring'}
sets.Obi.Light = {waist='Korin Obi',ring2='Zodiac Ring'}
sets.Obi.Dark = {waist='Anrin Obi',ring2='Zodiac Ring'}

--Precast Rules--

function precast(spell)

if spell.type == 'JobAbility' then
if sets.JA[spell.english] then
equip(sets.JA[spell.english])
end
end

if spell.type == 'CorsairRoll' or "Double-Up" then
if Luz_Index == 1 then
sets.JA.Phantom_Roll = set_combine(sets.JA['Phantom Roll'], {ring1="Roller's Ring"})
equip(sets.JA.Phantom_Roll)

else
sets.JA.Phantom_Roll = set_combine(sets.JA['Phantom Roll'], {ring1="Luzaf's Ring"})
equip(sets.JA.Phantom_Roll)
end
end

if spell.english == "Random Deal" then
equip(sets.JA['Random Deal'])
end

if spell.english == "Wild Card" then
equip(sets.JA['Wild Card'])
end

if spell.english == "Fold" then
equip(sets.JA['Fold'])
end

if spell.english == "Snake Eye" then
equip(sets.JA['Snake Eye'])
end

if spell.english == "Triple Shot" then
equip(sets.JA['Triple Shot'])
end

if spell.english == "Blitzer's Roll" then
equip(sets.JA['Blitzer\'s Roll'])
end

if spell.english == "Tactician's Roll" then
equip(sets.JA['Tactician\'s Roll'])
end

if spell.english == "Courser's Roll" then
equip(sets.JA['Courser\'s Roll'])
end

if spell.english == "Castor's Roll" then
equip(sets.JA['Castor\'s Roll'])
end

if spell.english == 'Quick Draw' then
equip(sets.QD)
if spell.element == world.weather_element or spell.element == world.day_element then
equip(sets.Obi[spell.element])
end
end

if spell.name == "Ranged" then
equip(sets.Snapshot)
end

if spell.english == "Double-Up" then
equip(sets.JA['Phantom Roll'])
end

if spell.english == 'Requiescat' then
equip(sets.Req)
end

if spell.english == "Exenterator" then
equip(sets.Exen)
end

if spell.english == 'Last Stand' then
equip(sets.LastS)	
end

if spell.english == 'Detonator' then
equip(sets.Det)	
end

if spell.english == 'Leaden Salute' then
equip(sets.LSalute)
if spell.element == world.weather_element or spell.element == world.day_element then
end
end

if spell.english == 'Wildfire' then
equip(sets.WFire)
end
end
end	

--Midcast Functions--

function midcast(spell,act)

--Aftercast function--

function aftercast(spell,act)
if player.status == 'Engaged' then
equip(sets.TP[sets.TP.index[TP_Index]])
else
equip(sets.Idle[sets.Idle.index[Idle_Index]])
end

if spell.action_type == 'Weaponskill' then
add_to_chat(158,'TP Return: ['..tostring(player.tp)..']')
end

end

function status_change(new,old)	
if player.status == 'Engaged' then
elseif player.status == 'Resting' then
equip(sets.Idle.Standard)
else
equip(sets.Idle.Standard)
end
end

function self_command(command)

if command == 'toggle Idle set' then
Idle_Index = Idle_Index +1
if Idle_Index > #sets.Idle.index then Idle_Index = 1 end
send_command('@input /echo >>> Idle Set changed to '..sets.Idle.index[Idle_Index]..' ')
equip(sets.Idle[sets.Idle.index[Idle_Index]])

elseif command == 'toggle TP set' then
TP_Index = TP_Index +1
if TP_Index > #sets.TP.index then TP_Index = 1 end
send_command('@input /echo >>> TP Set changed to '..sets.TP.index[TP_Index]..' ')

elseif command == 'toggle RA set' then
RA_Index = RA_Index +1
if RA_Index > #sets.RA.index then RA_Index = 1 end
send_command('@input /echo >>> Ranged TP Set changed to '..sets.RA.index[RA_Index]..' ')
equip(sets.RA[sets.RA.index[RA_Index]])

elseif command == 'toggle Luz' then
Luz_Index = Luz_Index +1
if Luz_Index > #sets.Luz.index then Luz_Index = 1 end
send_command('@input /echo >>> Luzaf Ring: '..sets.Luz.index[Luz_Index]..' ')
equip(sets.Luz[sets.Luz.index[Luz_Index]])
end
end
end
end
 Asura.Tarquine
By Asura.Tarquine 2016-03-14 07:29:33
Link | Quote | Reply

I've run into to some pretty shoddy CORs recently (one guy was in 75 relic gear, not even a gun, and wasn't even a mule/2nd account!)

So i've decided to break mine out and give it a whirl, and be a real COR and not a "Roller Only" sap who does nothing, when i go to events etc.

Already 99, capped skills. Just got the Lanun set to 109. Questions:

I have 3/5 pursuers set. Will finish that very soon, where should I be focusing the augments?

Guns guns guns... Just found my old Magnatus, i'm on trial 898. I was going to make an Armageddon (before I took a break over a year ago). Is this still worth pursuing given the state of plates? I've read the guide and it says Army just doesn't stack up in the 119 field. Should I just go the WS route and unlock Wildfire, and focus on a far easier gun to obtain?

Any other easy to obtain gear I should be looking at for a (re)starter COR?
 Sylph.Oraen
Server: Sylph
user: Gaztastic
By Sylph.Oraen 2016-03-14 07:46:51
Link | Quote | Reply

The recently upgraded version of Armageddon is an excellent weapon, but you're looking at dropping serious gil on all the requirements for an original 119 Empy, and add onto that 10,000 riftborn boulders. The investment is very high, but from testimonials here, it seems to be worthwhile. If you don't want the extra work, for which nobody can fault you, definitely at least get the WS, as Wildfire, while nowhere near Leaden, is still a great WS.

Do you have a group of friends capable of clearing Reisenjima content? If so, join with them and gather multiple sets of Herculean gear. At the minimum, you'll want ranged, melee, and MAB pieces.

If Reisenjima is out of reach, Sinister Reign also has some excellent items, namely Samnuha Tights, Floral Gauntlets, and Samnuha Coat. Look into the reforged abjuration gear from Escha - Ru'Aunn as well. Basically every piece of Adhemar is ridiculously good for COR, and Carmine also has some great uses.

If these are out of reach, focus on getting Rawhide and Pursuer's gear from Zi'Tah.

There are also a lot of miscellaneous accessories or gear pieces (Pixie +1, Arvina +1, Petrov ring, etc.) to look into. My best advice is to look over the BG Wiki pages for each level of content you're capable of tackling and try to find pieces you think would be an improvement over your current items.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Afania
By Ragnarok.Afania 2016-03-14 10:54:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Tarquine said: »
I've run into to some pretty shoddy CORs recently (one guy was in 75 relic gear, not even a gun, and wasn't even a mule/2nd account!)

So i've decided to break mine out and give it a whirl, and be a real COR and not a "Roller Only" sap who does nothing, when i go to events etc.

Already 99, capped skills. Just got the Lanun set to 109. Questions:

I have 3/5 pursuers set. Will finish that very soon, where should I be focusing the augments?

Guns guns guns... Just found my old Magnatus, i'm on trial 898. I was going to make an Armageddon (before I took a break over a year ago). Is this still worth pursuing given the state of plates? I've read the guide and it says Army just doesn't stack up in the 119 field. Should I just go the WS route and unlock Wildfire, and focus on a far easier gun to obtain?

Any other easy to obtain gear I should be looking at for a (re)starter COR?

I definitely recommend 119 III Armageddon if you have plans to build a legendary weapon. In fact I recommend it over DP if you only have plans to build 1 legendary because:

1. Boulders are way cheaper than Beits. And you don't need to go through assaults for it.

2. This is one of a more job changing weapon for cor IMO. Ranged dps with am3 and triple shot up is incredible. Hitting several thousands dmg a shot without ever needing heavy haste support nor vex attunement on NM. I have a ss up there of Arma hitting 6k to 8k per shot with am3 proc with just self buff soloing a T1. My melee dps isn't anywhere close to that, especially in solo and lowman situations.

Also it's easier to 1 shot into ws than dp with triple shot proc due to higher weapon delay. In escha you can keep triple shot up for 6 min if you random deal reset then use super revit. Basically it destroys escha T1 T2 and some ruaunn T3 in low man pt....again without the need of vex attunement nor any additional support.

It also has very high racc, that means you can hit things you previously can't, or make a ranged tp set focus on ranged dps (or store tp when you need) instead of using every slot on racc pieces just to land hit.

Its leaden dmg is very close to 119 I DP, and WF dmg is very good if you utilize fire shot in empy feet dmg boost+ close double dark. It has good last stand dmg too, although I haven't run spreadsheet to compare with other options such as aeonic and doomsday.

3. It gives you free bullets so it saves a lot bullet gil in the long run.

4. If you pt with crit ws DD without legendary, afterglow effects help with their dmg. Nowadays due to how sc works, spamming your best ws for best dmg output may not be the best way to play the job(thus roll only cor is more forgiving in such situations). Having a way to boost other DDs dmg further instead of interrupting their sc with your best ws also opens up new strategies to play the job.

Before getting a legendary, compensator is a good cheap option for cor. You need it for roll anyways, and it has good ranged dps with high racc, triple shot+, snapshot(you may not be able to cap snapshot with gears if you're new to the job)

Another good option is doomsday with str agi +20 mab +25 wsd+7 augment, but gl with that and personally I don't think it's worth the investment when you can save gil for a legendary.

Or you can get AV2 gun if your ls spams woc. Better than other none perfect doomsday none legendary options.

@Oraen btw, last time when I checked, petrov ring doesn't seem to beat hetairoi on 2nd ring slot. But I may be wrong because everyone tp in different things.

Edit: I forgot about reisenjima T2 gun. I guess it's another good option that's easy to get. It seems to have DMG and mab on it? Haven't compare with other alternatives though.
[+]
By Afania 2016-03-17 13:50:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
Quick Math: can't decide between Forban Cape +1 (AGI+10 MAB+5 STP+5) for WF/LS vs Gunslinger Cape (MAB +15 MACC+20 WSD+3%). Guess I should add that I'm using Karieyeh Ring & a 7% WSD Doomsday. Unless there is a cap I am not aware of.

Which one would put out better dmg? Since both are AGI modified, I figured it would be close. Thoughts?

disregard. I see the gearset. Gunslinger wrecks it.

I updated WF calculator earlier and added leaden calculator too. You can use this to calculate your WS dmg when deciding what gears to use and which herc augment to keep:

https://docs.zoho.com/file/n7dt9737650532eb84988a9ce4192efd00fff

Feel free to poke me with PM if I make mistake(s) with the formula, thanks.
[+]
 Asura.Tarquine
By Asura.Tarquine 2016-03-18 05:50:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Armageddon is here... well, nearly. The Journey has started and i'm about half way through Carabosse. Will take it to 90, unlock Wildfire and then pray that the upcoming VW changes make it possible to burn through my thousands of VW stones and farm the HMPs. This will be a long and arduous journey, but so what!

Playing around with my still very gimp COR and i have some questions:

General play
Due to being quite gimp, and still learning how to be a good COR, I've been goofing around solo with trusts attempting Escha NMs, learning what rolls do what (and lucky/unluckies).
Am I correct in thinking the best way to DPS is to TP asap with melee, then unleash hell with a good Magic WS? Effectively spamming magic WS. I've got 4/5 Herc form BLU with average 25-30 Acc on each piece, so it's a starting point at least, with /checkparam i'm sat at around 1k Acc unbuffed.

Edit: On that note, if buffing just self. Is it better to go for +MAB rolls to spam magic WS?

I'm currently using Eminent Sword and Atoyac offhand. I want Bakunawa's new joyeuse, but he's proving to be a stingy ***atm. Any other easy swords to hold the place until I upgrade?

Ammo - This is what i believe to be right, correct me if wrong pls!
Physical WS/Shooting I want highest dmg bullet I can get my hands on right? Also tons of R.Acc to be able to hit?
Magical WS I use Orichalum Bullets for MAB, as base dmg doesn't matter? Stack as much MAB as possible (I've read the gear guides on page 1 - working towards stuff!) - AGI is the other mod.

Wilfire = fire Leaden = Dark

I currently have Lanun set @ 109. 119 Will come eventually for Head/Body/Boots. I have 5/5 Pursuers, considering that are any of the other Empy/AF worth upgrading or do i leave it in storage?
By Zeak 2016-03-18 07:06:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Am I correct in thinking the best way to DPS is to TP asap with melee, then unleash hell with a good Magic WS?

Yes, assuming you can handle the AoE, meleeing for TP will yield the highest damage potential. One of the biggest reason why this is true is the ability to solo multi-step SC, which will tear through almost any T1 NM. Something simple like Slug Shot > Savage Blade > Leaden/Wildfire > Wildfire is a 4 step double Darkness that utilizes two magic WSs as closers. This will do FAAAR more damage than anything you can accomplish at ranged, which is generally limited to Wildfire > Wildfire, and typically only with either Triple Shot and/or two charged TP-equipment card shots.

If you're working with another melee, things do change a bit, but hopefully your partner is someone who can cooperate. Leaden can close something overused like CDC for Darkness, for example, but you still wanna melee so you can match the other melees TP. You will have to take a backseat if you fight something you just can't hit, but COR is rarely relied upon for damage in those high-evasion scenarios.

Quote:
Edit: On that note, if buffing just self. Is it better to go for +MAB rolls to spam magic WS?

Since the whole point of melee is to generate obnoxious amounts of TP, Samurai Roll is usually the best roll you can use. This is typically what allows you enough TP generation to solo-SC in the first place. Your secondary roll is usually determined by the situation. If farming for CP, it's obviously gonna be Corsair's Roll. In melee zergs, it's gonna be either Chaos, or you drop one of them for Hunters rolls. However, accuracy buffs are more and more frowned upon as we get more accuracy gear, so it's becoming more rare. Obviously, if you're solo and you need 70-100 accuracy to cap, you should stick to Samurai/Hunters rolls, as Chaos does little for COR by itself.

If you are accuracy capped, and you're in a mixed-melee situation where you can multi-step SCs, you should be using Allies Roll as your second roll. This will typically produce more damage overall, especially since you will likely be dealing both physical and magic damage in the SC, and having Leaden and Wildfire as a 4/5-step closer deals obscene amounts of damage. The only time you will be using MAB+ rolls is in mage focus PTs, where you likely won't be meleeing anyway.

Also, in high-AoE or Trust situations, Runeist/Magus Roll is also pretty nice to have. It'll block a good amount of magic AoE damage that'll help you and your Trust stay alive in melee range. It's more of a judgment call than anything, though, as a lot of strategies tend to drift more towards "Kill it before it kills you" anyway.

Quote:
I'm currently using Eminent Sword and Atoyac offhand. I want Bakunawa's new joyeuse, but he's proving to be a stingy ***atm. Any other easy swords to hold the place until I upgrade?

Try looking into both Fettering Blade or Odium. Fettering Blade was pretty much made for COR, since SE went through all of the Adoulin expansion without putting COR on any good melee weapons; it's more or less a long awaited apology. Odium is also a good dagger, offering a lot of accuracy and a couple useful stats for WS purposes. If you got the money/luck, there's also Blurred Sword/Dagger +1, which is arguably even better than Demersal Degens.

Quote:
Physical WS/Shooting I want highest dmg bullet I can get my hands on right? Also tons of R.Acc to be able to hit?
Magical WS I use Orichalum Bullets for MAB, as base dmg doesn't matter? Stack as much MAB as possible (I've read the gear guides on page 1 - working towards stuff!) - AGI is the other mod.

Correct on the Orichalcum. Use it for Leaden and Wildfire. As for physical, try to either craft or buy Divine Bullets. Or just buy Adlivun with Plasm if you're on a slow server. If THAT'S not an option, then go to Decimating Bullets.

Quote:

Quick note here: As powerful as Leaden is, there are quite a few mobs out there resistant to Dark damage. For example, the Mesquitos in Reisenjima take reduced Dark damage, making Leaden do poor damage against them. In these situations, you obviously wanna switch to Wildfire. Also, keep in mind that Leaden damage scales with TP, while Wildfire does not.

Quote:
I currently have Lanun set @ 109. 119 Will come eventually for Head/Body/Boots. I have 5/5 Pursuers, considering that are any of the other Empy/AF worth upgrading or do i leave it in storage?

I don't believe AF offers anything unique or worthwhile, especially if you already have Herc pieces. You need full Empy since each piece augments a particular roll. In terms of usefulness, the head has a lot of ranged accuracy, and the body boost Triple Shot proc rates while it's active, so they are both worth looking into upgrading.

Anyway, good luck with Armageddon. I don't own one myself, but it definitely appears to be the most versatile gun a COR can have, so it is a great investment. Even more so if you ever plan on using RNG.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Afania
By Ragnarok.Afania 2016-03-18 07:33:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Armageddon is here... well, nearly. The Journey has started and i'm about half way through Carabosse. Will take it to 90, unlock Wildfire and then pray that the upcoming VW changes make it possible to burn through my thousands of VW stones and farm the HMPs. This will be a long and arduous journey, but so what!

Playing around with my still very gimp COR and i have some questions:

General play
Due to being quite gimp, and still learning how to be a good COR, I've been goofing around solo with trusts attempting Escha NMs, learning what rolls do what (and lucky/unluckies).
Am I correct in thinking the best way to DPS is to TP asap with melee, then unleash hell with a good Magic WS? Effectively spamming magic WS. I've got 4/5 Herc form BLU with average 25-30 Acc on each piece, so it's a starting point at least, with /checkparam i'm sat at around 1k Acc unbuffed.

1. The short answer to your first question is yes, melee tp and use magical ws could be effective in some situations, but it's not always the best way to DD.

Long answer:
The "effective way" to DD on COR is different in every situation because we have pretty wide DD options selections. We can gain tp via ranged and melee(or via regain roll+qd), we can deal tons of dmg by closing powerful SC, and we have piercing, slashing, magical, ranged ws to choose from. IMO this is one of the toughest part of DD on the job, which is to make decision on how to DD. And the decision is based on whether your mob resists magic, who are the other DD in your pt, which ws they're using, what buffs you are getting, and so on.

and IMO it's the main reason why a lot of cor can't DD very well. Most of the cor that can't DD very well simply because they choose the wrong way to DD.

Melee mode has it's strength and weakness. You gain tp fast with multi attack gears, you can use strong physical ws like Savage blade, if you sub dnc you can use steps. The weakness is it needs more cure support and vex attunement on some NM. It also has lower acc than ranged mode. Also our melee weapon is currently 2 tier behind other melees, so white dmg is a bit low as well.

Either way, I think as you play the job more, you'll eventually gain knowledge on how to DD effectively in various situations, and how to buff + debuff to maximize your dps. This kind of things come with time and experience.

2. If using magical ws in melee mode, I use mab+ sam when no acc issue. Even if you pt with other ppl that don't need mab rolls, I still try to find a way to buff myself with mab rolls by using roll rotation(go away from everyone else and just buff yourself) Sometimes I can't do that due to lack of time and space though.

The roll that benefits cor is often different from rolls that benefits other DD. Always use roll rotation to maximize your DPS if you have the time and space for it. So do rolls on others first, go away and roll yourself in the corner.

3. You should be main handing fettering blade in majority of situations. When I play with spread sheet months ago I found dwing 2 119 oat weapons has higher dps when using last stand and meleeing with sub nin or dnc. Otherwise fettering blade is the best mainhand weapon unless you're fighting something resists slashing.

4. For shooting, you want to cap racc then go for stp when aiming for certain hit build or rattk crit hit rate and crit dmg when going for ranged dps.

5. AGI is the main mod for magical ws, mab is a term in the formula. AGI weight more heavily on leaden or when malaise is up, mab weight more heavily on wf or when mob has higher mdb. Use the spreadsheet or calculator above to decide which gear to use. Don't blindly give up all the agi just for mab.

6. You def want empy feet 119 for qd dmg boost because every blm, sch and smn loves that in sc mb pt. Head for ranged acc, hands 119 for roll duration, body for triple shot. I also use legs 119 for qd stp set as well.

Edit: Beaten :S
[+]
 Asura.Tarquine
By Asura.Tarquine 2016-03-18 07:56:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Both very useful and comprehensive answers, thank you!
First Page 2 3 ... 101 102 103 ... 156 157 158