First Page 2 3 ... 173 174 175 ... 224 225 226
Forum Moderator
Server: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: AnnaMolly
By Anna Ruthven 2015-04-14 19:29:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Kalila said: »
Sorry Kali, my back is hurting so I'm laying down but break some chairs for me! \o/
VIP
By Kalila 2015-04-14 19:32:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Anna Ruthven said: »
Sorry Kali, my back is hurting so I'm laying down but break some chairs for me! \o/
If I can find any :<
[+]
Forum Moderator
user: AnnaMolly
By Anna Ruthven 2015-04-14 19:35:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Anna Ruthven said: »
If I can find any :<
Well, have fun killing other things if you can't. Lol
VIP
By Kalila 2015-04-14 19:37:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Bloodborne Sells One Million, First 1.03 Details

We are amazed and very grateful for the way in which the community has embraced Bloodborne. As you may have seen, we've just announced that Bloodborne has now sold through over one million copies worldwide. Thank you to everyone who has supported the project!

We also wanted to provide more information regarding the next patch for Bloodborne.

As we confirmed previously, the 1.03 update seeks to reduce certain load times in addition to performance optimizations. The patch also resolves an issue that resulted in abnormal game behavior after many continuous hours of play. Additional fixes will be included as well.

The team is currently working towards a global release of the 1.03 patch before the end of the month. We will try to provide more specific timing as soon as we are able.

Please note: online play will need to be disabled for a short period of time to facilitate server-side updates. In this case, and in the case of any future server maintenance downtime, it has been determined that starting at 1am PT on a non-Friday weeknight will disrupt the fewest players. We will target this time for any necessary future server maintenance downtime, which will only last a couple hours in each instance.

On behalf of the Bloodborne development team, thank you for your ongoing passion and support.
 Ragnarok.Raenil
Server: Ragnarok
Game: FFXI
By Ragnarok.Raenil 2015-04-14 19:53:09
Link | Quote | Reply

"Quick update, the books will be delivered to Amazon from this Thursday through next Monday. Please disregard any notifications claiming that you'll get the book in May or so. Also, all pre-orders will be fulfilled, too, so don't worry.

Thanks again your patience. We'd love for everyone to get their hands on this guide sooner than later, and we have to admit, you guys have been waiting for too long now. Please, just bear with us a few days longer now."

:< almost! Also kinda feel bad for them, but From Soft really love using them as their guide writers, I just hope that this delay doesn't sour their relationship for any future games.
If they were delayed because of their original page count, I'd be a little annoyed.

They're delayed because they decided to add tons of content. Stoked as hell! :D
[+]
MSPaint Winner
By Ohji Lunartail 2015-04-14 20:24:37
Link | Quote | Reply

finaly got around to playing more... yea i think i need to level more lol
[+]
 Ragnarok.Zeig
user: Zeig
By Ragnarok.Zeig 2015-04-14 20:34:49
Link | Quote | Reply

I killed an NPC by mistake :(
/sigh
 Ragnarok.Zeig
By Ragnarok.Zeig 2015-04-14 20:44:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Where Bloodborne fell short of its predecessors for me was NPC side quests.

And I generally preferred the level design and variety of Dark Souls 1.

Regarding weapons, I don't personally care (actually, don't like) about having 1000 weapons to choose from, because, in the end, only a handful stand out and you'll end up choosing one of those for anything serious.
Weapons in Bloodborne are unique, all are viable choices, and the addition of firearms was pretty interesting! I liked the design for most of them.
 Asura.Reichleiu
Server: Asura
user: Reichleiu
By Asura.Reichleiu 2015-04-15 12:09:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Vyre said: »
The hunter you fight in that side quest is extraordinarily easy if you lure him out of the room he is in.

The cheese strat for getting him to kill himself with his 2handed chikage by luring him out of his room doesn't work anymore, and/or did not work for me. He was honestly, without cheesing, one of the toughest fights in the game.

I don't want to discredit your review at all, but, I will say that Bloodborne is very far from linear, and isn't really that short.

The level design is beyond the level Dark Souls went, it really is.

There are like 2 or 3 major area groups you can completely miss if you don't access them. I don't know if you used the wiki to get all the information yourself, but for me personally, I played this game completely blind, and missed around 2 major area groups my first playthrough that I discovered my second time around.

I guess we will just have to disagree on this. As a souls vet I didn't use the wiki to find out where to go, I just explored. The only time I had to look something up was when I was stuck on a boss, which was rare.

I did find this game to be much more linear. There is a clear progression of bosses and while you can skip many of them, if you just explore thoroughly you will end up finding most of them.

I found that when I found an area I would do everything I could to explore every bit of it, like you should in any souls game. This often leads you to fighting all of the optional content, even if you have ot go back within that play-through to do it.

The game still felt Linear and much shorter than DS1. There is no equivalent to going to Blighttown, the Tomb, or New Londo ruins when you are first dropped into the game. It just felt more constrained.

It's not that there wasn’t optional areas/bosses. It was that you had a start point and an end point that were pretty well laid out for you. Only 7 bosses need to be cleared to beat the game and exploring, while important, did not seem to be overly encouraged.

Now, I need to make this clear. This is not even close to something that I feel makes the game poor, it was just a slight negative in my mind. It took away some of the immersion for me. All of the other issues were much larger in my opinion.

The lack of meaningful magic / build variety / weapons / covenants / PVP / repetitive chalice dungeons

These were things in previous souls games (sans the chalice dungeons) that made the more complex and enjoyable. These are also issues that they CAN fix going forward and hopefully they do.

edit* I did actually look up how to get to Cainhurst Castle, this games equivalent to the Painted World
 Asura.Reichleiu
By Asura.Reichleiu 2015-04-15 12:14:50
Link | Quote | Reply

However with that said I think this is their best souls game, as far as the general gameplay goes

The physical Gameplay / Combat was easily the best in the series so far. It just felt 1000x more fluid and natural.
VIP
By Kalila 2015-04-15 14:56:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Reichleiu said: »
The game still felt Linear and much shorter than DS1. There is no equivalent to going to Blighttown, the Tomb, or New Londo ruins when you are first dropped into the game. It just felt more constrained.
That's because this isn't Dark Souls :( It really isn't. This isn't a sequel to the game like DS2 was, and I found Dark Souls 2 to be very linear having the area's spread out like a spider web.

Bloodborne twists the areas back together again like DS1.

With 28 bosses in Bloodborne, and 22 bosses in DS1 before DLC (26 with DLC), I think they did pretty well. DLC will bring more to Bloodborne in the future as well, so I really can't understand where this linear gameplay is coming from. The areas are no where near linear, there are more bosses, and the bosses are far more difficult than at the level of DS1.
VIP
By Kalila 2015-04-15 15:02:27
Link | Quote | Reply

The lack of meaningful magic / build variety / weapons / covenants / PVP / repetitive chalice dungeons
There isn't magic like DS1, because people used it cheaply in PvP. Call it what you want to, the fact is you can just bow, and cast a single spell and kill someone. Magic was OP, broken, and really had no place in Dark Souls PvP. In PvE it did, but people ruin it to the ground because its exploitive.

Weapons were condensed to having 1 weapon of each type that worked very well. In DS1 there are 5-15 of each weapon type, but only 1 or 2 of them hold the top spot that everyone uses anyways.

Covenants are a disappointment, with there only being 2 available atm. DLC might bring more, but I would prefer it not to.

Online play does need adjustments so it's easier to co-op and pvp, everyone knows that.

Chalice dungeons are there for players who want more, none of it is even required, but after beating the game I'm glad I have them, it gives me something to do and the bosses in them are very very challenging. I really am glad they put them in, I might have died more in the dungeons now than I have outside of them. Maybe not, but those bosses are really challenging.
VIP
By Kalila 2015-04-15 15:04:44
Link | Quote | Reply

edit* I did actually look up how to get to Cainhurst Castle, this games equivalent to the Painted World
What about Upper Cathedral Ward? That area group holds the top spot as the darkest and most challenging area in the game for me. Did I mention dark? Dark as in disgustingly gruesome? Holy crap.
 Asura.Reichleiu
By Asura.Reichleiu 2015-04-15 15:38:13
Link | Quote | Reply

What about Upper Cathedral Ward? That area group holds the top spot as the darkest and most challenging area in the game for me. Did I mention dark? Dark as in disgustingly gruesome? Holy crap.

I found Forbidden Woods to be the toughest area for me, at least initially. As for Darkest.. i'll agree that upper was pretty demented, but some of the things you see in Nightmare Mensis can't be unseen.

I will say this though, the boss at the very end of UCW was pretty challenging. It was a welcome change compared to the first boss you fight in that area. (without spoiling anything)
 Asura.Reichleiu
By Asura.Reichleiu 2015-04-15 15:44:29
Link | Quote | Reply

By the way, I did start another play through.

Going to attempt what should be almost impossible.

Lvl. 4 Waste of Skin, non-upgraded Threaded Cane, Top Hat, White Surgical Gloves, Gherman's Pants (at some point), Student Uniform.

I've gotten to the Father G fight so far and my charge attacks are only hitting for 50-60 or so. I'm thinking I will have to end up breaking my "Non-upgraded Threaded Cane" rule at some point :/

Was pretty rewarding killing the first Lycan/werewolf in the clinic with my Bare hands though.
VIP
By Kalila 2015-04-15 17:25:09
Link | Quote | Reply

I found Forbidden Woods to be the toughest area for me, at least initially. As for Darkest.. i'll agree that upper was pretty demented, but some of the things you see in Nightmare Mensis can't be unseen.

I will say this though, the boss at the very end of UCW was pretty challenging. It was a welcome change compared to the first boss you fight in that area. (without spoiling anything)
The first was just a play on Royal Rat Vanguard, with a twist.
user: Gawdless
By Pwolf Drkgawd 2015-04-15 23:49:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Man, Cannon in pvp is so fun… Also I'ma dirty ***… maybe I will post a video.
 Asura.Taidis
MSPaint Winner
user: tidis
By Asura.Taidis 2015-04-16 06:01:17
Link | Quote | Reply

I died a couple times mucking up the jump but got to the Abandoned Old Workshop yesterday :D Wonder where I should visit next!
 Ragnarok.Zeig
By Ragnarok.Zeig 2015-04-16 11:49:11
Link | Quote | Reply

I had a nasty dream.
VIP
By Kalila 2015-04-16 17:29:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Trying out my new twitter news template I wrote up:

Phil Spencer
@XboxP3
I know some will question me but wanted to say it's cool to see Bloodborne sell 1M+. New IP is hard, congrats @PlayStation @fromsoftware_pr
1:04 PM - 14 Apr 2015

1,163 RETWEETS 1,940 FAVORITES
[+]
 Bismarck.Misao
Server: Bismarck
user: misacat
By Bismarck.Misao 2015-04-16 18:19:37
Link | Quote | Reply

[+]
By Pwolf Drkgawd 2015-04-16 22:50:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Hey Kali what lvl are you? haven't seen you stream lately
 Asura.Bifroront
user: bifroront
By Asura.Bifroront 2015-04-16 22:53:46
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't know if any of you watch loading ready run but this is hilarious. https://www.facebook.com/3DDotNikkiWolf/videos/vb.1394701381/10204408798725429/?type=2&theater
VIP
By Kalila 2015-04-16 23:06:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Pwolf Drkgawd said: »
Just took like a 2 day break, I want to say around level 120'ish, I could be way off though. Nearing the end of NG+
By Pwolf Drkgawd 2015-04-16 23:20:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Just took like a 2 day break, I want to say around level 120'ish, I could be way off though. Nearing the end of NG+

Jeez xD so what do you do with all the extra echoes? just throw them away? did you co-op NG+? or solo. wish co-op was easier to do because i want to co-op chalice dungeons and stuffs. also lvl 135 >.>
VIP
By Kalila 2015-04-16 23:58:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Jeez xD so what do you do with all the extra echoes? just throw them away? did you co-op NG+? or solo. wish co-op was easier to do because i want to co-op chalice dungeons and stuffs. also lvl 135 >.>
See the thing is

I die a lot

which means I get hit a lot

.... I spend all my echoes buying blood vials :P
[+]
MSPaint Winner
By Ohji Lunartail 2015-04-17 00:35:03
Link | Quote | Reply

See the thing is

I die a lot

which means I get hit a lot

.... I spend all my echoes buying blood vials :P

also Molotovs.. <,<
By Pwolf Drkgawd 2015-04-17 00:57:42
Link | Quote | Reply

I hate Molos. also has anyone else tested the Oath runes?

I tried hunters rune… saw almost no difference in speed. used a stop watch but I'm not the best. maybe a fraction of a second..

also the radiance rune.. at 1457hp without rune i heal 582 per vial. with rune 594… woohoo! >.>
VIP
By Kalila 2015-04-17 01:40:55
Link | Quote | Reply

1500 hp o.o; I don't think I even have 1k
First Page 2 3 ... 173 174 175 ... 224 225 226