Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Vyre
Forum Moderator
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Vyrerus
By Asura.Vyre 2016-05-04 04:18:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Farming ears for Darkmoon Blade is driving me insane.
 Asura.Vyre
Forum Moderator
By Asura.Vyre 2016-05-04 06:35:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Five and a half million souls later I finally get my 30th Proof of a Concord Kept.
By Ackeron 2016-05-04 06:38:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Vyre said: »
Five and a half million souls later I finally get my 30th Proof of a Concord Kept.
Yay
[+]
 Asura.Vyre
Forum Moderator
By Asura.Vyre 2016-05-04 06:42:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Ackeron said: »
Yay
You have earned a Trophy, "Master of Miracles" \o/
By Ackeron 2016-05-04 07:37:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Did you try putting on the covenant? I've heard it is hard as hell to get summoned.
 Asura.Vyre
Forum Moderator
By Asura.Vyre 2016-05-04 07:39:57
Link | Quote | Reply

I have been summoned a total of 7 times full timing the covenant since I got Blue Sentinels on this character.
 Asura.Vyre
Forum Moderator
By Asura.Vyre 2016-05-04 07:40:32
Link | Quote | Reply

It's really dumb too, because if you don't load in fast enough, you can get sent home because the host beat the guy. If you weren't there to see it, you get nothing.
 Asura.Vyre
Forum Moderator
By Asura.Vyre 2016-05-04 07:46:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Trying for my Vertebrae Shackles now. I would just farm them in the catacombs, but that would be boring, so I'm invading people in the gankers forest. It's really not that bad, being ganked, because you usually get backup if you last long enough. Though the ganker never runs out of backup if you can't stop them from summoning. Also hosts like to abuse pyromancies and sorceries in the only way they can become viable in a PVP scenario, and that is against someone who is already trying to dodge multiple attacks.

There's his one Crystal Soul Spear ganker who I am hoping to get in the room with. He's got 2 flunkies with the Eygon armor and Dragonslayer Armor axe, so it's a real crapshoot trying to get past their shields and stuff, but I've nearly killed them all 3 times now, only to be denied via lagstab or lagspell.
By Ackeron 2016-05-04 07:56:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah I want to get warmth but I feel bad about invading.
 Asura.Vyre
Forum Moderator
By Asura.Vyre 2016-05-04 08:08:44
Link | Quote | Reply

You should really not feel bad about invading. With the amount of gankers out there, you're actually doing yourself a disservice.
 Asura.Vyre
Forum Moderator
By Asura.Vyre 2016-05-04 08:17:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Take for instance this one guy I just invaded. He had 3 Siegmeyer helpers, on lagstabbed me, and then the other two readied their big *** you L2 ability and knocked me off a cliff as I started to roll lol. Invaders are at a disadvantage pretty much every time they invade, unless the host is alone, which is highly unusual.
 Asura.Vyre
Forum Moderator
By Asura.Vyre 2016-05-04 08:21:13
Link | Quote | Reply

I wish it made me get better at PVP, but not a lot you can do against 4 on one. lol I've had some good runs though, especially if a 2nd invader shows up.
 Asura.Vyre
Forum Moderator
By Asura.Vyre 2016-05-04 08:23:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh and some Gankers pre-seed their world. So you come in and get flanked by giant crabs! Then you walk up and see 3 phantoms and the host all emoting like they're tough ***lol. Feels like a gang war.
By Ackeron 2016-05-04 08:28:10
Link | Quote | Reply

I just wish they brought back the blue eye orb so I can at least know I'm fighting *** lol.
 Asura.Vyre
Forum Moderator
By Asura.Vyre 2016-05-04 08:29:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Lol idk how sin works in this game. I never accumulate any, not that I check the Velka statue a lot.
By Ackeron 2016-05-04 08:33:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Think sin in here is just if an NPC is gonna kick your *** or not since you attacked them.

I've only attacked one NPC and you can probably guess who that *** was.
[+]
 Asura.Vyre
Forum Moderator
By Asura.Vyre 2016-05-04 08:34:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Funny thing about the Mound Makers covenant is it just wants you to kill hosts or phantoms, but you have to kill as many phantoms as are currently summoned by the host, so you are instantly queued into knowing your odds at winning.
 Asura.Vyre
Forum Moderator
By Asura.Vyre 2016-05-04 08:39:53
Link | Quote | Reply

But yeah, this forest is ridiculous. I have come across two hosts out of like 30 invasions that were alone or with just one other person. The rest have been 4 gankers waiting to ambush.
By Ackeron 2016-05-04 08:56:05
Link | Quote | Reply

I remember in DS2 I would camo and hide and let people invade so Blue Sents could come and kill them for credit.
[+]
 Asura.Vyre
Forum Moderator
By Asura.Vyre 2016-05-04 08:59:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Some guy named Dyinggoatfetus is asking me to come fight him, but I don't know who he is.
By Ackeron 2016-05-04 09:02:14
Link | Quote | Reply

He's Dyinggoatfetus.

Take it easy on him though he is just a kid.
[+]
 Asura.Vyre
Forum Moderator
By Asura.Vyre 2016-05-04 09:12:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Twelve more successful invasions, and Warmth will be mine!
 Asura.Vyre
Forum Moderator
By Asura.Vyre 2016-05-04 09:23:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Getting so sick of gankings. It's sickening lol. I need to look into some anti ganker weapons.
By Ackeron 2016-05-04 09:41:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Spent an hour in the Darkmoon for no summons, now time to try Watchdogs.

After an hour of Watchdogs for no summons, I give up.
[+]
 Asura.Vyre
Forum Moderator
By Asura.Vyre 2016-05-04 10:55:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Yep, Loyal Spirit summons is pretty ***.
 Ragnarok.Raenil
Server: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Raenil 2016-05-04 13:09:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Getting so sick of gankings. It's sickening lol. I need to look into some anti ganker weapons.
Little garden thing outside the Pontiff Bonfire with the red sign soapstone is the unofficial dueling/fight club arena.
[+]
 Leviathan.Stamos
Server: Leviathan
user: Stamos
By Leviathan.Stamos 2016-05-04 13:18:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Ackeron said: »
Spent an hour in the Darkmoon for no summons, now time to try Watchdogs.

After an hour of Watchdogs for no summons, I give up.

Just farm those two. Kept each Covenant on during each farm, and I think I got summoned three times max combined.
[+]
 Asura.Vyre
Forum Moderator
By Asura.Vyre 2016-05-04 20:34:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Raenil said: »
Little garden thing outside the Pontiff Bonfire with the red sign soapstone is the unofficial dueling/fight club arena.
Yeah I know, I eventually went and dueled for my last 6 Mound Maker items. Invading gankers can be fun, at least if one other invader shows up and evens the odds a little bit. It just sucks invading like 8 worlds in a row that are pre-seeded with 4 gankers.

They need to reintroduce Gravelording, and let you Gravelord seeded worlds, so there'd be massive fights between Gravelord Black Phantoms and the seeded monsters and the players lol.

Plus I can never tell when a dude is trying to start a fight club, and I've dickishly killed the host a couple times when he was trying to start one(but I was unaware).

Had this one great ganker upset. It was beautiful. It was in the Crucifixion Woods near the ladder to Farron Keep. I was a purple phantom, and I came in on a red phantom(in full Dancer set) firing a dragonslayer greatbow at the gankers. He killed one of the ones that tried to make a charge to get him. The rest got behind cover and wouldn't come out.

I rushed in and killed a 2nd one, and the red phantom wasn't far behind, he moved in and started fighting the remaining phantom while I attempted to keep the host from summoning more. The host was playing the stall game, so he was mostly running and rolling, and not really fighting back too much. I couldn't kill him though, because I can't ever seem to get lagstabs(or keep up with runners). I managed to push him out towards the water, but eventually when the red phantom killed his buddy and came, he clipped me accidentally, and it provided an opening for the host to get to the area where his buds had laid down their signs.

He managed to summon the guy the red dancer just killed, but we pushed him back out. Red Dancer left me to deal with the host, and he quickly dispatched the phantom helper again. Maybe 10 seconds flat lol. Then it was back to chasing the host down. He summoned his other buddy at some point, but Red Dancer dispatched that one even faster than the previous.

Red Dancer kept clipping me with attacks, but I didn't really care. Eventually the host made some mad dash to summon his bud again, and we both sprinted behind him and did lunging attacks with rapiers. We clipped each other, but the tip of my sword found the left butt cheek of the host. Down he went, finally! The Red Dancer turns to me, bows, and then did rejoice motion. Was probably my best PVP experience vs. gankers.

Though there were a few unseeded worlds where I baited the gankers into the giant crabs, and ganked the gankers with the crabs. Those rare times really felt good lol.
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
First Page 2 3 ... 199 200 201 ... 224 225 226