Dark Souls & other Souls-Likes
First Page 2 3 ... 176 177 178 ... 224 225 226
 Leviathan.Stamos
Server: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
user: Stamos
By Leviathan.Stamos 2015-04-23 14:48:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Got to PVP a bit today. Got matches fairly quick. Went like 10-2 in 30-40 minutes? Not the same as Souls pvp since people just spam heal lol
Server: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: Gawdless
By Pwolf Drkgawd 2015-04-23 14:58:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Stamos said: »
Got to PVP a bit today. Got matches fairly quick. Went like 10-2 in 30-40 minutes? Not the same as Souls pvp since people just spam heal lol

I just keep on the pressure so they cant. and at high lvls I feel like lots of ppl keep with the "if they bow I wont cheese or spam heal"

Last night I did 10 matches and won all 10. there was one guy who tried to cheese me by cannoning me while i was bowing. So I cannoned him back. but other than that I have only had great duels with no healz. Though if they heal ill heal. but i also shoot alot if they try to put distance between us and generally punish healing.
 Leviathan.Stamos
Server: Leviathan
user: Stamos
By Leviathan.Stamos 2015-04-23 15:01:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Everyone bow'd and spam healed lol
 Cerberus.Tidis
MSPaint Winner
Server: Cerberus
user: tidis
By Cerberus.Tidis 2015-04-24 14:10:11
Link | Quote | Reply

God I hate the forbidden woods, got 30k echoes before I was able to open the shortcut back to the lantern, big *** area.
 Asura.Reichleiu
Server: Asura
user: Reichleiu
By Asura.Reichleiu 2015-04-24 14:52:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Tidis said: »
God I hate the forbidden woods, got 30k echoes before I was able to open the shortcut back to the lantern, big *** area.

It was my most challenging area.

Think Unseen Village, Nightmare Mensis, and Nightmare Frontier were about as bad though. Smaller, but tough.
 Asura.Reichleiu
By Asura.Reichleiu 2015-04-24 15:06:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Reichleiu said: »

To be fair though.. I broke the area by dying while falling down the elevator shaft. It caused the elevator to no longer work for me. (Screwed up other elevators as well)

I had to start a new play-through because of it. Might be why I hated it so much..
 Cerberus.Tidis
MSPaint Winner
By Cerberus.Tidis 2015-04-24 15:13:11
Link | Quote | Reply

To be fair though.. I broke the area by dying while falling down the elevator shaft. It caused the elevator to no longer work for me. (Screwed up other elevators as well)

I had to start a new play-through because of it. Might be why I hated it so much..
Isn't that something they fixed in the latest patch?
 Asura.Reichleiu
By Asura.Reichleiu 2015-04-24 15:20:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Isn't that something they fixed in the latest patch?

Ya, but I played through and beat the game before the latest patch. The glitch happened a while ago.
VIP
By Kalila 2015-04-25 15:21:59
Link | Quote | Reply

For those who missed it, here is the 4 hour conclusion to me trying to defeat Abhorrent Beast in NG+2 solo:

Kali fighting NG+2 Abhorrent Beast - Rooftop Location
YouTube Video Placeholder
 Cerberus.Tidis
MSPaint Winner
By Cerberus.Tidis 2015-04-25 15:23:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Did I say I was done bitching about the Forbidden woods? Took me a long time to reach the first shortcut and then an even longer time to reach the 2nd shortcut! Thankfully the boss is nearby the second shortcut.
 Bismarck.Bongarippa
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Bongarippa 2015-04-25 21:04:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Just curious what level some of you guys are on ng+ or higher. I just finished the normal game at lvl 108, but did all the areas, not just complete the normal story and did quite a few chalice dungeons. At 110 now and ng+ is pretty tough
VIP
By Kalila 2015-04-25 21:14:48
Link | Quote | Reply

NG+ is no joke, I'm nearing the end of NG+2 and I'm level 160'ish.
 Bismarck.Bongarippa
By Bismarck.Bongarippa 2015-04-25 21:22:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Yea the townsfolk sure do take a beating now. Got to cleric beast before but had to go out so I'll see how that fight is now tomorrow. Just got mortal kombat x so thats taking up my night
VIP
By Kalila 2015-04-26 13:03:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Very proud of this :3 8 Parries and 2 Backstabs in this fight. I edited the video and made it into a GIF with 1977 frames, 228MB large, then made it into a 29MB GFY with a 12.5 to 1 compression ratio.

Also, that triple parry, that felt so good executing that.

Bloodborne NG+2: Parry All-The-Things

Gif Size: 228M
Gfy Size: 29M
Compression: 12.5 to 1

Here is the original video for those who'd like to watch the whole fight (3 min 41 sec video):
[+]
 Asura.Vyre
Forum Moderator
user: Vyrerus
By Asura.Vyre 2015-04-26 13:43:34
Link | Quote | Reply

I like it best with all the sound and their screams!
 Cerberus.Tidis
MSPaint Winner
By Cerberus.Tidis 2015-04-26 13:48:13
Link | Quote | Reply

The Shadow of Yarnham were definitely easy to parry, well except the one that favours casting fire spells, was a fun boss for me. Will be even better in NG+ now I have the +200 HP when you use a visceral attack rune.

I'm madly in love with that rune.
VIP
By Kalila 2015-04-26 14:26:37
Link | Quote | Reply

[+]
VIP
By Kalila 2015-04-26 14:33:07
Link | Quote | Reply

The Paleblood Hunt - An in-depth, 90 page analysis of Bloodborne's lore, characters, and world.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1k7ST7Ysc9I3s6zLXr-DOzWjoAtu6afOOCaU3ucCdBDk/preview?sle=true
[+]
 Asura.Ackeronll
user: Ackeron
By Asura.Ackeronll 2015-04-26 15:18:03
Link | Quote | Reply

90 pages?! Damn.
 Cerberus.Tidis
MSPaint Winner
By Cerberus.Tidis 2015-04-27 04:08:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Was trying to remember where I got to last play session, then I remembered, I died to Rom a couple times, gonna try wearing armour with Arcane resistance, will have to change my Visceral attack rune for something better as well since, unless I'm mistaken, there are no visceral attacks in that fight.

It's definitely a pain to take out the baby spiders while watching out for Rom's casting, especially when I can't attack them from the front and therefore, lose sight of Rom at times.

I'm pretty confident I'll get him down next time though.
By Pwolf Drkgawd 2015-04-27 10:52:20
Link | Quote | Reply

It's definitely a pain to take out the baby spiders while watching out for Rom's casting, especially when I can't attack them from the front and therefore, lose sight of Rom at times.

I'm pretty confident I'll get him down next time though.

If you use a fast weapon in 1 handed form like the ludwigs or something. if you wail on them from the front enough they will take normal damage. think on the third hit from ludwigs is when they take full damage. depending on your lvl you might need a fourth hit to kill.

also they have to be back to back attacks or it doesnt work. either that or just dodge to the side of them and swipe. and im sure you can parry the little spiders... i just never do since 3 swipes with the sword and they died
By volkom 2015-04-28 09:22:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Not sure if this has been posted before or not but I found this to be really interesting

Cerberus.Tidis
MSPaint Winner
By Cerberus.Tidis 2015-04-28 09:32:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Hmm, I'm still taking a lot of damage from Rom's Arcane magic, should I consider grinding some echoes to boost my health?
 Bahamut.Zellc
Server: Bahamut
user: Zellc
By Bahamut.Zellc 2015-04-28 10:02:13
Link | Quote | Reply

The best thing I can say it to not get hit by them. The most frustrating one I delt with on my first play through was the falling sky move it does. For this move, I recommend that you unlock from it and pan the camera up to the sky so you can see them fall and dodge accordingly.

The other two magic move are pretty easily dodged as long are you arent too greedy with damage. When it curls up, it will do the sphere aoe and when it rolls over, it will do the ground spikes.

I really hope this helps.
 Cerberus.Tidis
MSPaint Winner
By Cerberus.Tidis 2015-04-28 10:04:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Zellc said: »
The best thing I can say it to not get hit by them. The most frustrating one I delt with on my first play through was the falling sky move it does. For this move, I recommend that you unlock from it and pan the camera up to the sky so you can see them fall and dodge accordingly.

The other two magic move are pretty easily dodged as long are you arent too greedy with damage. When it curls up, it will do the sphere aoe and when it rolls over, it will do the ground spikes.

My main problem, is when I'm taking out the spiders, I regularly lose sight of Rom, which is when he normally catches me.
By Pwolf Drkgawd 2015-04-28 10:51:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Zellc said: »

My main problem, is when I'm taking out the spiders, I regularly lose sight of Rom, which is when he normally catches me.

that easy. either kill 1 spider then look back at rom. or always face your target with rom in the background.
 Bismarck.Bongarippa
By Bismarck.Bongarippa 2015-04-28 11:29:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Rom is pretty easy if you don't even kill the spiders. Just kill the first wave when he's not even paying attention to you and after that, just side step them all while beating on rom. Only like 3 or 4 attack you at once anyways.
 Cerberus.Tidis
MSPaint Winner
By Cerberus.Tidis 2015-04-28 12:00:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Bongarippa said: »
Rom is pretty easy if you don't even kill the spiders. Just kill the first wave when he's not even paying attention to you and after that, just side step them all while beating on rom. Only like 3 or 4 attack you at once anyways.
I'll give it a go.
 Cerberus.Tidis
MSPaint Winner
By Cerberus.Tidis 2015-04-28 14:14:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Finally got the spider down, found it easiest to remain untargeted and taking out the spiders. Probably different to everyone else!

Much regret! What has the red moon done to this place???
[+]
By volkom 2015-04-28 16:37:48
Link | Quote | Reply

First Page 2 3 ... 176 177 178 ... 224 225 226