Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Corsair » Mini mission rewards
Mini mission rewards
 Carbuncle.Tyleron
Server: Carbuncle
Game: FFXI
user: Tyleron
By Carbuncle.Tyleron 2012-05-23 08:53:28
Link | Quote | Reply

So I know that ACP body has to be MAB +4 and QD-5. But are head and legs really good for Cor?

I know I could do a good physical acc WS head but I don't see any other really good options?
 Odin.Sheelay
Server: Odin
user: Sheelay
By Odin.Sheelay 2012-05-23 09:11:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Idk much about COR, but I'd guess you could make a "Enhance Snapshot", Racc+10, Ratk +5 Anwig, and a "Phantom Roll delay -5" + "Something else" pair of Desultor Tassets?

Edit: I thought the WS Acc on Anwig also applied to Ranged WS
 Phoenix.Kirana
Server: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Kirana 2012-05-23 09:40:33
Link | Quote | Reply

There are much better head pieces available for last stand and WF, so the head piece isn't very useful for cor. I'd save it for -waltz recast if you use DNC at all.

As for the legs, I was planning on doing -5 Phantom and +1 Barrage to use as a macro piece for RNG and COR. The other option would be -4% Phys dmage taken to use as an idle piece.
 Odin.Creaucent
Server: Odin
user: Creaucent
By Odin.Creaucent 2012-05-23 10:45:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Legs can also get mab+4 which is pretty much all they are good for.
 Phoenix.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Server: Phoenix
user: Seha
By Phoenix.Sehachan 2012-05-23 16:58:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Anwig is pretty much useless. For pants there are some interesting options:
Phantom roll recast: it's the only piece with this enhancement and it's nice to have.
PDT: attaining 50% pdt on cor is tough, this is the best piece for the pants slot.
Mab: best non W legs option, however extremely close to Denali kecks.

I - after several changes - settled for PR recast and pdt and I'm satisfied with it.
 Ragnarok.Afania
Server: Ragnarok
user: Afania
By Ragnarok.Afania 2012-05-24 07:46:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Tyleron said: »
So I know that ACP body has to be MAB +4 and QD-5. But are head and legs really good for Cor?

I know I could do a good physical acc WS head but I don't see any other really good options?

Head:
1.Can do WS dmg+% for brewing, but Abyssea is a day of the past so may not be really worth it.

2.Waltz recast-, your profile seems to have DNC leveled, and waltz recast- is pretty hard to come by. COR and other light armor job also gets benefit from it if you /DNC, this is probably better option.

3.Cure potency+, again, ppl don't really cast on COR anymore since it's mostly used in VW and no longer lowman, but your profile also shows you have BLU leveled, and it's still the only cure-potency + head piece BLU can get, makes it something both jobs can use.

Personally I'd do Waltz recast- and cure potency myself since I also play BLU and /DNC a lot.

Legs:
Seha said them all, MAB or PDT- or PR recast. PR recast is pretty good to pair with PR recast- merit, allow you to rebuff fairly quickly without waiting. MAB mainly used for QD if you don't have w legs augment, but Nimue's tights has same amount of MAB, and you can WF in Thaumas kecks combo. Making MAB option pretty replaceable.
 Valefor.Rancor
Server: Valefor
user: Rancoor
By Valefor.Rancor 2012-05-24 08:01:33
Link | Quote | Reply

in the modern game where small stats such as these do not matter

put simply; if you dnt want to pay for it, dnt want it for the story, dnt want to take the time to get through the paths to have to more than likely solo all the battles, dnt get it ._.b
By Vivicide 2012-06-02 11:52:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Rancor said: »
in the modern game where small stats such as these do not matter

Wait, what? Small stats are what this game has always been about. Several small stat changes can make a pretty good noticeable difference. A few small stat changes are what separate the good players from the mediocre players.
 Bismarck.Rosalee
Server: Bismarck
user: Rosamimi
By Bismarck.Rosalee 2012-06-02 12:15:02
Link | Quote | Reply

If you're really into maximizing your MAB+ on legs, go with Blood Cuisses, but it's going to take a trainload of tatters to get that +6 augment.