New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » Endgame » Dynamis » solo dynamis farming tips
solo dynamis farming tips
First Page 2
By orcslayer 2012-05-21 10:44:13
Link | Quote | Reply

hiya all i recently came back game and would like some tips on dynamis farming i got dnc to 99 i havent got great gear but it not to bad i tried dynamis jeunu solo and got my *** kicked lol just wondered what best one to try solo is to learn ropes and would appreciate any tips you guys have

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
By orcslayer 2012-05-21 11:07:01
Link | Quote | Reply

thanks for reply it great guide yeah i read it through i just wondered if any1 thought 1 of the started zones were easier then others in terms of TE poistions and such like i say i tried jeunu for my 1st attempt and i failed badly all the tes were extremly hard to pull without links and i died really fast with 2-3 on me
 Lakshmi.Forsell
Server: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
user: Forsell
By Lakshmi.Forsell 2012-05-21 11:09:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Sandy isn't too bad. You might have to wait for surrounding mobs to move a bit.

Windurst TE 1 and 5 are a right pain. In the middle of 4/5 mobs.

Bastok I can't really remember, I know one TE is near a NM which might be a problem.
By orcslayer 2012-05-21 11:10:37
Link | Quote | Reply

ok thank you ill give sandy ago tonight or might try bastok
 Siren.Fupafighters
Server: Siren
By Siren.Fupafighters 2012-05-21 11:13:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Do qufim or valkurm. Cities are horrible.

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Phoenix.Elspetta
Server: Phoenix
user: Elspetta
By Phoenix.Elspetta 2012-05-21 11:16:54
Link | Quote | Reply

From the CoP zones, Qufim is probably the easiest on TE because the zone itself isn't as large. The 5th TE is a random one that spawns in 1 of 4 different locations. Qufim's are the closest together. You just need to be patient with the TEs to make sure they are not in the middle of a bunch of beastmen, otherwise, it could mean an untimely death.
 Siren.Fupafighters
Server: Siren
By Siren.Fupafighters 2012-05-21 11:18:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Ya I hate cities because you typically cannot proc half of them lol...and they 2 hour. Only do cities if you have a group.
 Cerberus.Pukushu
Server: Cerberus
user: pukushu
By Cerberus.Pukushu 2012-05-21 11:44:00
Link | Quote | Reply

I am really not trying to be a jerk, but how do you create a new topic in the Dynamis section before reading the only sticky (and therefor the very top post) in the section called "Dynamis FAQ?" The very first line of which is "Please read this thread before creating a new thread."
[+]
By orcslayer 2012-05-21 14:52:44
Link | Quote | Reply

well i did read the sticky if i read my post i asked for peoples opinion which was easiest to start for newby and thanjk you all for replys it been long time since done dynamis i thought u needed to have city wins beofre i could do quifim and such

Post deleted by User.
 Cerberus.Pukushu
user: pukushu
By Cerberus.Pukushu 2012-05-21 15:49:36
Link | Quote | Reply

orcslayer said: »
well i did read the sticky if i read my post i asked for peoples opinion which was easiest to start for newby and thanjk you all for replys it been long time since done dynamis i thought u needed to have city wins beofre i could do quifim and such

Sorry your question was very vague and the question you asked was the very first question answered in the FAQ. It seamed redundant to ask a question that was already answered unless you had not read the FAQ.

As for how to access CoP zones, you must be past the Diablo fight in CoP and of course over lvl 65 for access.

I would really suggest you check out a guide and then ask a specific question. You really need to get a baseline knowledge, which can easily be done by checking FAQ and guide. Once you have tried to proc and kill and understand the TE then your questions will be more specific and will be of more use. If you ask what job to be or what gear to wear, but dont know the baseline stuff then you will not get the expected results and become discouraged by it.

I will say that as a rule of thumb you should try to improve your gear to get better results as well as always using food and reraise. If you want to get the hang of things and arnt comfortable soloing then ask a buddy to come with you or do a shout. It wont be efficient for drops, but you will learn a ton doing it and then you will be able to come back and get advanced help.
By orcslayer 2012-05-22 00:55:11
Link | Quote | Reply

thanks for advice i tried quifim and it was alot better mobs are alot more spread out in citys making pulls eaiser (still died 3 times lol) think i need try get some better gear to beofre farming in there wasnt really worth but thanks for advice helped alot
 Phoenix.Degs
Server: Phoenix
user: Degs
By Phoenix.Degs 2012-05-22 01:30:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Fupafighters said: »
Do qufim or valkurm. Cities are horrible.
Have to agree here... more so for Valkrum... have had nothing but good luck from there, even with getting 5/5 TE's once you get into a rhythm, its very easy
 Carbuncle.Sambb
Server: Carbuncle
user: Sambb
By Carbuncle.Sambb 2012-05-22 03:00:03
Link | Quote | Reply

orcslayer said: »
thanks for advice i tried quifim and it was alot better mobs are alot more spread out in citys making pulls eaiser (still died 3 times lol) think i need try get some better gear to beofre farming in there wasnt really worth but thanks for advice helped alot

Dying severely hurts your return, pull better.

Yes gear does help also so if you can pimp it out do so.
 Odin.Calipso
Server: Odin
user: Calipso
By Odin.Calipso 2012-05-22 04:26:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Valk is by far my favorite zone out of any. My duo partner and I have been going daily since pretty much the day of the dyna change and (for us) Valk is the only zone we've been able to get over 500 coins in (without relying on 100s) on a regular basis.

Jeuno is probably the worst city TE wise =P Even farming can be tricky, it's a huge clusterfuck in there. On the flip side, if you have a few people and can handle adds, Jeuno probably has the most concentration of NMs in one small area than any other zone.

Bastok isn't bad, the MNK nm shouldn't link. The other TES there are more troublesome then the one near the MNK nm. Right behind the AH is a really good spot to farm.

Sandy I personally despise, I've had several times (and watched it happen to many other people doing TES as well) where Orcs will link from straight underneath on bridges, and the AH te can be a complete death trap, too.

Windy was my personal favorite before they added CoP zones into the mix, a couple of the te's there can be hard as a non bst soloer, though. (One is right near 2 smns, and another is right in a cluster of 4 DC mobs). There's a house with a MNK nm and many ja mobs that's decent for a soloer. The ne bridge also has a decent amount of ja/ws mobs, too.

Glacier can be decent if you can find a camp that isn't taken - forgotten thoughts drop there, and they generally sell for at least 2.5x more (at least on odin) than any CoP forgotten. There's at least 1-2 nms in each little beastmen area, so sooner or later you'll get lucky with a 100. If I have to go there for whatever reason, I personally prefer to farm Quadav (the ones right before where Orcs start). There's a BST, NIN, RNG, and DRG nm all in a really small area (SMN too as well if you can handle it), as well as a decent amount of JA mobs.

Xarc is another zone I just personally don't like. Demons suck in general, good EP camps/mobs are pretty limited and people will sit and camp on top of each other a lot there.

Should try to stick to CoP zones (fighting nightmare mobs) if at all possible. They don't 2hr, they don't hit as hard (I get owned by EP city beastmen harder than I do DC CoP nightmare mobs). The TES are generally a LOT easier to get to - they all have huge wander paths, unlike city TEs, so if you're over paranoid (or can't handle adds) it's a lot easier to find a safe time to pull them.
 Bahamut.Cuelebra
Server: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Cuelebra 2012-06-20 14:37:17
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm trying to find the most effective way to farm currency. I have a dbox.

1st DNC THF WHM
2nd WHM BST

would farming as dnc/thf and bst/dnc at separate times be more effective?

or would dnc/thf or thf/dnc + whm result it better currency? Any advice?
 Cerberus.Pleebo
user: Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2012-06-20 14:44:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Cuelebra said: »

1st DNC THF WHM
2nd WHM BST

Use the better geared job. The main limiting factor in dynamis is kill speed.
 Sylph.Binckry
Server: Sylph
user: Binckly
By Sylph.Binckry 2012-06-20 14:49:24
Link | Quote | Reply

I have a question, since after the BST TH Nerf, would you think it's better to do dyna with BST/DNC, or THF/DNC?
 Bahamut.Baconwrap
By Bahamut.Baconwrap 2012-06-20 14:49:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Pleebo said: »

1st DNC THF WHM
2nd WHM BST

they are all geared well. the question is would i be better off dboxing dyna or just farming at 2 seperate times per day
 Sylph.Binckry
Server: Sylph
user: Binckly
By Sylph.Binckry 2012-06-20 14:54:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Are you willing to farm 4 hours/day, getting 10 TEs in total? lol
 Cerberus.Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2012-06-20 14:57:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Baconwrap said: »
Cerberus.Pleebo said: »

1st DNC THF WHM
2nd WHM BST

they are all geared well. the question is would i be better off dboxing dyna or just farming at 2 seperate times per day
Guess that would depend on how good you are with dboxing. When I used to duo (non-dbox), one of us would basically be the puller so there was always a constant influx of mobs coming in for me to kill as bst (other dude was thf usually). That would net us more currency than what we would get in individual runs. If you can pull off something like that alone, go nuts. Otherwise you may be better off going 2 times a day.
By mortontony1 2012-06-20 14:58:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Edit: damn super beat
 Cerberus.Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2012-06-20 15:08:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Binckry said: »
I have a question, since after the BST TH Nerf, would you think it's better to do dyna with BST/DNC, or THF/DNC?
I used to run as bst and i noticed my total yield dropped by ~30 currency after the nerf. I would usually end a run with about 230ish singles before the nerf. I've never gone as thf solo but having TH3+ definitely makes a noticeable difference.
 Bahamut.Boogerballs
By Bahamut.Boogerballs 2012-06-20 15:34:53
Link | Quote | Reply

The bst TH nerf isnt too bad if you can proc and kill fast. The great thing about it is being able to proc and having your pet kill while u grab more. As for thf farming, lately I have been doing this because I have been getting burnt out on bst all the time and im trying to farm a -1 drg head. If you can kill fast and stick to EP mobs you can make a good amount on thf. On bst in valk I would average about 175-200 peices solo but as thf I only get about 150ish. Unfortunately thf cant kill as fast as bst or I would have greater results but as for thf farming goes, I would stick to bst just because of the fact that you can kill more faster and it has a higher survivability rate than thf.
By Regiment 2012-06-20 16:27:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Do you have an aluh jambiyha/oynos knife at least? cuz i can kill faster than most bst+pet that i see with that combo on thf and get average of 190-210
 Bahamut.Baconwrap
By Bahamut.Baconwrap 2012-06-20 16:48:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Regiment said: »
Do you have an aluh jambiyha/oynos knife at least? cuz i can kill faster than most bst+pet that i see with that combo on thf and get average of 190-210

Yes i Have aluh + thokha (str attack) was thinking of doing dnc/thf fulltime saber dance with af2+2 legs + whm but wasnt sure if maybe bst/dnc would kill faster
 Caitsith.Sai
Server: Caitsith
user: Saiii
By Caitsith.Sai 2012-06-20 16:51:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Yes i Have aluh + thokha (str attack) was thinking of doing dnc/thf fulltime saber dance with af2+2 legs + whm but wasnt sure if maybe bst/dnc would kill faster

I farm as thf/dnc and always use oynos offhand. Haste will benefit you more than any offhand stats I think.

Biggest thf issue usually just locating the wandering TE since no widescan.

Using SA when you proc brings kill speed way up.
 Bahamut.Baconwrap
By Bahamut.Baconwrap 2012-06-20 16:58:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Caitsith.Sai said: »

I farm as thf/dnc and always use oynos offhand. Haste will benefit you more than any offhand stats I think.

Biggest thf issue usually just locating the wandering TE since no widescan.

Using SA when you proc brings kill speed way up.

I wouldnt need Oynos since id be bringing a whm dbox with me. So then would thf/dnc kill faster than a dnc/thf?
First Page 2