New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Corsair » snake eye adjustment
snake eye adjustment
First Page 2 3
By Kooljack 2012-05-15 14:03:14
Link | Quote | Reply

I double xi chain all the time. only way too play corsair..

I always utilize snake eye for X's.. now i have 5/5 snake eye merits so that should give me a 50% chance of V's+ hitting xi's after using snake eye...

but ive gone in and out of my mog house trying too see the effect take place like twenty times in action but nothing..
By Kooljack 2012-05-15 14:07:17
Link | Quote | Reply

ok well got it too work finally... cant say i'l be risking my snake eyes for a small chance to hit an xi that way. saving it for when you hit a x seems much more effective too use this abilitie.. but we are pirates that want too take risks so i guess it works.
 Sylph.Yviee
Server: Sylph
Game: FFXI
user: Yvelle
By Sylph.Yviee 2012-05-15 17:17:32
Link | Quote | Reply

I am really not happy about this change when reading about it. Updating now, but based on what you're saying doesn't sound very useful as it stands now. I will miss that guaranteed 1 to push me to lucky or 11.
 Ragnarok.Rezeak
Server: Ragnarok
user: Rezeak
By Ragnarok.Rezeak 2012-05-15 17:42:15
Link | Quote | Reply

In all fairness it's a decent adjustment giving you the full effect of Fold and snake eye for 1/5 in that respect is a good adjustment for COR so i don't understand why your not happy about COR getting a buff on the job.

Imma move on to
winning streak 5/5
loaded deck 3/5
and snake eye and fold 1/5

Only real use I can see for snake eye 5/5 is when Fold is down and you've rolled an unlucky number meaning using snake eye will get me out of snake eye and have a 40% chance to hit 11.
[+]
 Siren.Fupafighters
Server: Siren
By Siren.Fupafighters 2012-05-15 18:00:40
Link | Quote | Reply

What happened to snake eye?
By dedrummer000 2012-05-15 18:05:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Yviee said: »
I am really not happy about this change when reading about it. Updating now, but based on what you're saying doesn't sound very useful as it stands now. I will miss that guaranteed 1 to push me to lucky or 11.
if you are at 10, you will still get 11, the whole point of it is to utilize the other purpose of snake eye. the 2 uses of this is, to get off an unlucky number, or to take your 10 to 11. so now, not only do u get the 10's moved up to 11, but when u use snake eye to get off an unlucky number, you also have a % chance to get 11. its an epic update for snake eye
[+]
 Asura.Fondue
Server: Asura
user: Caliber
By Asura.Fondue 2012-05-15 18:06:52
Link | Quote | Reply

I think the idea is to use it when you hit the unlucky rolls over 5... I think, I've been playing on cor in abyssea messing around with requiescat and the snake eye auto XI procced like 3 times to start with and then next 8-10 after didnt, also didnt see my af2+2 pants proc at all on the recast

wouldnt really call it epic, its acceptable
 Ragnarok.Afania
user: Afania
By Ragnarok.Afania 2012-05-16 01:20:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Rezeak said: »
In all fairness it's a decent adjustment giving you the full effect of Fold and snake eye for 1/5 in that respect is a good adjustment for COR so i don't understand why your not happy about COR getting a buff on the job.

Imma move on to
winning streak 5/5
loaded deck 3/5
and snake eye and fold 1/5

Only real use I can see for snake eye 5/5 is when Fold is down and you've rolled an unlucky number meaning using snake eye will get me out of snake eye and have a 40% chance to hit 11.

Fun part is if you use it at unlucky -1 number(say, No.7 on chaos roll), you will still get a chance to get No.11 if I understand how it work correctly.

No.11 or unluck number will pop after snake eye?

GAMBLING SPIRIT GOGO ;D
 Cerberus.Mindi
Server: Cerberus
user: Mindi
By Cerberus.Mindi 2012-05-16 03:10:42
Link | Quote | Reply

i think i'll go with same as Rezeak posted but not sure yet :/
With 3/5 Loaded deck it could be already worth it to get AF2+2 Augment body ^^ So you'll have +50% more chance to reset if only 1 Ability is waiting because well.. mostly i use Random Deal to get my Snakeeye back for 2nd 11-roll if i sit on 10 (and dont hope i dont need to re-roll again and again and again..)

Sucks because i also upgrated/augmented legs to +2.. a 20% chance to get Snakeeye instant back is also not bad.. but sadly its only 20% >< but Random deal is 20 min recast... aww cant decide!
[+]
 Phoenix.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Server: Phoenix
user: Seha
By Phoenix.Sehachan 2012-05-16 03:42:25
Link | Quote | Reply

5 Snake Eye stays as it was.
1 Fold, cause *** if you need more.
Rest to Loaded Deck and Winning Steak.

This is a very good adjustment, you shouldn't devalue it.
[+]
By Drjones 2012-05-16 07:28:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Update notes made it look like it was a 25% chance at 5/5.

My gut feeling is that over time using snake eye will still serve you best if used on a roll of X.
 Shiva.Slaanesh
Server: Shiva
user: Slaanesh
By Shiva.Slaanesh 2012-05-16 11:42:17
Link | Quote | Reply

I do have to ask: Is the chance only when snake eye is up, or is it a passive ability?
Been having better luck since update landing 11s but might just be random
 Phoenix.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Phoenix.Sehachan 2012-05-16 11:44:59
Link | Quote | Reply

I would assume it's on SE only, but I haven't done tests.
Also update notes say 5% per merit, while ingame windo says 10% per merit. Which one is wrong? :o (I have a feeling the game is)
 Bismarck.Snprphnx
Server: Bismarck
user: Snprphnx
By Bismarck.Snprphnx 2012-05-16 11:45:36
Link | Quote | Reply

only when Snake Eye is active. you have 50% chance at rolling a 1 and 50% chance at rolling the number you need to get your total to 11, if you are at 5+

edit:: didnt see update notes said 5%/merit. time to test
 Ragnarok.Grimlockking
By Ragnarok.Grimlockking 2012-05-16 11:51:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Slaanesh said: »
I do have to ask: Is the chance only when snake eye is up, or is it a passive ability?
Been having better luck since update landing 11s but might just be random

This is what some guys in the LS told me when I logged on after update and was playing with it. Snake eyes still activates a 1, just on a 5 min recast with 1/5.
but the second part of the description is more like a trait and always active.
By Darovix 2012-05-16 12:55:28
Link | Quote | Reply

IMO The only thing good about this update is you dont need 5/5 SE merits for 5 min recast anymore. I was playing around with it and it seems 25% chance to hit 11 after you roll a 5 is correct - which is too low for me to risk using it unless Im on a 10 to start/keep my 11 chaining or need to get off an unlucky number in a bad situation. SE adjustment seems like a novelty to me. Now if they made the chance of landing on 11 improve the closer you were to 11 when you use it I would probably be more excited.

I think be going 1/5 SE, 1/5 fold, 5/5 winning streak, 3/5 loaded deck as well.
 Phoenix.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Phoenix.Sehachan 2012-05-16 12:59:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Dropping 5 Snake Eye seems like a bit mistake to me. If you're on a 8 Chaos, Fold down, RD down, no 11 on and Snake Eye might give you 3, that's not bad at all. Also Commodore culottes+2 for a chance at having SE up repeatedly.
By Drjones 2012-05-16 13:12:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Sehachan said: »
Dropping 5 Snake Eye seems like a bit mistake to me. If you're on a 8 Chaos, Fold down, RD down, no 11 on and Snake Eye might give you 3, that's not bad at all. Also Commodore culottes+2 for a chance at having SE up repeatedly.
That's an awful lot of bad circumstances convening in one instance to make that snake eye worth it.
[+]
 Phoenix.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Phoenix.Sehachan 2012-05-16 13:13:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Comparing 52 seconds of roll duration to a wider usability of Snake Eye and 25% chance of it having reset recast time.
Snake Eye merits are much more important.

And good for you if you never had bad luck, but it's very easy to bust over and over.
[+]
By Darovix 2012-05-16 13:14:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Sure but these are special situations and 25% chance my 5/5 merits into SE might give me a 3 is not enough imo. I think Id get more out of atleast capping winning streak
[+]
 Phoenix.Kirana
By Phoenix.Kirana 2012-05-16 13:18:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Isn't it each additional merit above 1/5 that adds the bonus? so 1/5 would be 0% and 5/5 would be 20%?
 Phoenix.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Phoenix.Sehachan 2012-05-16 13:21:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Kirana said: »
Isn't it each additional merit above 1/5 that adds the bonus? so 1/5 would be 0% and 5/5 would be 20%?
The merits? Yeah should be either 20 or 40(still don't know if game or update notes are wrong).
By Darovix 2012-05-16 13:37:47
Link | Quote | Reply

no way is it 40% unless Im super more unlucky than I think i am
By Darovix 2012-05-16 13:38:29
Link | Quote | Reply

maybe SE messed up and it really is supposed to be 40% not 20%
By Drjones 2012-05-16 14:52:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Comparing 52 seconds of roll duration to a wider usability of Snake Eye and 25% chance of it having reset recast time.
Snake Eye merits are much more important.

And good for you if you never had bad luck, but it's very easy to bust over and over.
+100 seconds to keep rolling for 11s seems like a better deal to me. More time to get through those unlucky streaks while your other 11 is still up. If I land on an unlucky number I'm gonna double-up, I'm not gonna hope SE's random number generator decides to not *** me over and waste my Snake Eye. I'll roll through it until I get that 10 and then burn Snake Eye.

I don't know how to math it all out, so if someone wants to come drop some knowledge on me I'll be happy to change my tune. Until then, I'm gonna go with what my gut tells me is going to give more consistent results.

Also: conflicting numbers regarding the odds of auto-11.
[+]
 Phoenix.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Phoenix.Sehachan 2012-05-16 15:05:43
Link | Quote | Reply

As much as everyone enjoys boasting about how they can all hit 11 all the time, that's not always realistic, sometimes you have to settle. You can't always zone in and out till you hit a 11, lock it and then buff calmly till you have a double 11. Sometimes you have to reroll midfight and if you spend more than a minute rolling you're wasting a huge deal of damage. A non perfect roll+your free time is better than no roll and no damage from your side.
This adjustments makes it so 11 is achievable more easily even in those difficult moments, thus allowing for an improved playstyle.
[+]
By Drjones 2012-05-16 15:21:54
Link | Quote | Reply

As much as everyone enjoys boasting about how they can all hit 11 all the time, that's not always realistic, sometimes you have to settle.
I guess I have trouble with this part. I'm bad a recognizing when I need to settle for something other than 11 because it always feels like I've screwed up somehow.

In that regard, using Snake Eye on an unlucky number feels like a mistake because it doesn't necessarily take me to 11. If it just rolls me off the unlucky number, then it's like "why didn't you just double-up instead?" Snake Eye is the one constant I can rely on in the midst of all the gambling and it's my proverbial ace in the hole for starting and maintaining a streak of 11s. So the notion of burning it on unlucky numbers and getting burned there just doesn't sit well with me.
 Asura.Fondue
Server: Asura
user: Caliber
By Asura.Fondue 2012-05-16 15:50:08
Link | Quote | Reply

doing ADL I dont spend any more time than necessary to put 2 buffs on, already holding up the show as is if the first roll doesnt get an xi

buffs and drop I dont ever want to bust and I'll settle on whatever tbh, the snake eye buff will definitely help getting off unlucky numbers or 10 cause the entire kill/buff rotation takes 5-6min for JAs etc to come back up on DDs but this adjustment is not the coolest ***since sliced bread imo
[+]
 Carbuncle.Verina
Server: Carbuncle
user: Verina
By Carbuncle.Verina 2012-05-16 15:53:28
Link | Quote | Reply

I think some of you might just be really lucky/unlucky...though maybe the 40% chance is more accurate than we all think.

In b4 sample size, etc. I know I know.

Did 18 runs of Akvan last night. Only one body out of the whole group, but aside from that...

Switched my old 5/5 Snake Eye 3/5 Fold, 1/5 Loaded + Winning Streak around to 5/5 Snake Eye, 1/5 Loaded + Fold, 3/5 Winning Streak. And out of the 15 times I used Snake Eye to bump a bad roll it took it to 11 (excluding 10->11) 8 times.

Again, the sample size is horrible to draw any concrete conclusions from. Though if the number is 40% at 5/5 then with people eyeballing it, it might seem poor enough for the 25% people to think its 25% and good enough for the 50% people to think its 50%.
[+]
 Siren.Fupafighters
Server: Siren
By Siren.Fupafighters 2012-05-16 15:55:37
Link | Quote | Reply

I constantly get 6+6 :/ lol
First Page 2 3