Bismarck.Laurelli
Server: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
user: ltantonio
By Bismarck.Laurelli 2016-06-27 15:15:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Afania said: »
Leviathan.Stamos said: »
Most jobs don't have to gear up both melee and mage. Unless you want to be the terrible BLU. Would say, the only comparable job is RDM, which also is really good melee no one talks about.

Some ppl only gear job to the point to be "functional" in certain content, and some will have every single gear sets so it has good performance in every situation.

If a player decide to bandwagon BLU and bring it to melee content only, he only really need this:

1. Melee job trait spells(he can skip everything)
2. AG Almace or Tizona
3. Light armor tp set, such as adhemar set, herculean augments.
4. CDC set.
5. MG duration+ gear

As long as all of the above are top tier, even if he has low tier cure potency set or bad nuking set and zero FC set, he can still parse very high and get priority invite to melee contents.

If you want to be perfect in every situation with one million gear sets, plenty of jobs in this game needs just as many sets.

If a blu showed up to ambuscade parsing high with an AG weapon, but then was not able to pull and 1-shot 10 bees for the KI, I'd laugh at him for being a crappy blu.
By Odinz 2016-06-27 15:18:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Laurelli said: »
If a blu showed up to ambuscade parsing high with an AG weapon, but then was not able to pull and 1-shot 10 bees for the KI, I'd laugh at him for being a crappy blu.

You can have pure DD setup and still have room for spectral floe which will one shot those bees by just switching to two nibiru clubs.

What an accomplishment. blu is hard.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Server: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2016-06-27 15:23:25
Link | Quote | Reply

We've already had four pages of that ***, don't start it up again. This thread is supposed to be a resource for BLUs looking to improve. If anyone feels the need to continue that argument, take it somewhere else.

Asura.Carrotchan said: »
im messenger carrot I guess

Spicyryan said:
Talked with Draylo for a minute (you know because he is always AFK) about phalanx and barrier tusk. Decided to make a chart to compare the values of the two.
Highest obtainable enhancing is 190 with phalanx taeon for BLU/RDM. Every +10 skill is +1 phalanx damage reduction.

Feel free to double check my math.
190 enh with +15 augments should come out to -32 unless I am an idiot.
Nice chart. Does a good job of showing what a difference a good Phalanx set makes in situations like cleaving where you're mostly taking a lot of weak hits. My own set is currently at Phalanx+17, and with any luck I'll get another point or two on that from the upcoming DM campaign. By contrast, Barrier Tusk shines in situations where you're likely not /RDM to begin with.
[+]
By Draylo 2016-06-27 15:39:19
Link | Quote | Reply

How high can the DM augments go? I've got my set with +3 on the pieces so far.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2016-06-27 15:53:58
Link | Quote | Reply

DM goes to +5. I have head and feet with +4 right now.

Not sure how I'm going to prioritize slots this time. As DM-only augs go I currently have:

Phalanx+4 head
No DM body augs
Refresh+2 hands
No DM leg augs
Phalanx+4, TH+2, and acc/macc feet

Ideally I'd like one more TH augment, some Phalanx augs, and a MAB head, not necessarily in that order. Refresh+2 is a potential bonus, but not something I intend to target. There's also various things like QA/TA/DA or WSD augs, but I don't consider those a priority either. The odds of getting all the stats needed in appropriate quantities are simply too low, whereas the stats I listed above can all work on their own (though macc and/or INT/MND would obviously be nice on a MAB head). Still not great odds and I certainly won't get them all before the campaign ends, but they're more realistic goals.
 Asura.Carrotchan
Leonardo da Clippi
Server: Asura
By Asura.Carrotchan 2016-06-27 16:07:46
Link | Quote | Reply

-_-

Spicyryan said:
Nightfyre senpai noticed me!!!

With the DM campaign coming up, can i get you guys posting your augments in the thread someone (I guess I will force chan to) will have to bump?

I have been doing a ton on wiki, and that has been on the list when more info is gathered.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2016-06-28 23:19:35
Link | Quote | Reply

CDC's fTP is 1.6328125, or 1+81/128.
[+]
 Leviathan.Stamos
Server: Leviathan
user: Stamos
By Leviathan.Stamos 2016-06-28 23:33:47
Link | Quote | Reply

And if I am running the #s right, if you make a really good WSDMG set with Tizona. Expiacion will beat CDC. Especially if you get lucky(lol) with DM augments in the upcoming campaign.

But..
[+]
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2016-06-28 23:41:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Updated the spreadsheet with the new value. Next proper update is still a few days out (probably either Friday or early next week unless something happens to delay it further), but this is significant enough and easy enough to fix that there's no sense in leaving it til then.
[+]
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2016-06-29 01:15:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Speaking of Expiacion, fTP at 1k is somewhere around 3.85 rather than BGwiki's reported 3.75. Not going to finish testing right now, need to sleep. 2k/3k TP values probably need retesting at some point, maybe Savage Blade too. Requiescat is still 1.0 fTP, before anyone asks.

If anyone wants to be awesome and help me gather some data, max STP trait and 37 STP gets 125 TP on a 240 delay weapon. Good time to bust out that chakram if you've got one.
 Sylph.Oraen
Server: Sylph
user: Gaztastic
By Sylph.Oraen 2016-06-29 01:35:02
Link | Quote | Reply

And just when I thought I'd never have a use for that ranged set I built a while back.

EDIT: And only after getting everything prepared and running out to test did I realize that I don't have Expiacion unlocked. I'll give this a shot tomorrow, sorry.
[+]
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2016-06-29 10:14:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Check Savage instead, I'll be done with 1k Expi before too long.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2016-06-29 10:48:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Expiacion's fTP at 1k is 3.796875, or 3+102/128.
[+]
 Asura.Alkk
user: Alkai
By Asura.Alkk 2016-06-30 19:22:44
Link | Quote | Reply

I downloaded the BLU spreadsheet to find out what I should get on my tp cape this month, as I've been using my dex/crit ws cape for tp too.
I figured a da or stp cape should be superior but the spreadsheet is showing my ws cape to be ahead of both.. am I missing something? Seems a bit odd to me espcially since I mainhand Tizona AG.

It's also showing max TA herc legs to be ahead of Samnuha o.O
 Asura.Azriel
user: Azriel
By Asura.Azriel 2016-06-30 19:43:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Samnuha is crap :p

Purely my opinion stated on experience and eyeballing.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2016-06-30 19:48:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Alkk said: »
I downloaded the BLU spreadsheet to find out what I should get on my tp cape this month, as I've been using my dex/crit ws cape for tp too.
I figured a da or stp cape should be superior but the spreadsheet is showing my ws cape to be ahead of both.. am I missing something? Seems a bit odd to me espcially since I mainhand Tizona AG.

It's also showing max TA herc legs to be ahead of Samnuha o.O
Were you by any chance using STR for your base stat augment on the TP capes? Both of those sound like accuracy issues.
 Sylph.Oraen
user: Gaztastic
By Sylph.Oraen 2016-06-30 19:56:54
Link | Quote | Reply

From my testing with the sheets, a crit cape can actually be better at very low pDif ratios, as it helps your white damage quite a bit. However, as soon as you get a fury or frailty going, DA and STP should be a decent step up. It's quite possible that was what you were seeing.

Also, Samnuha remain our best TP legs outside of severe accuracy problems.
 Asura.Alkk
By Asura.Alkk 2016-06-30 20:08:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Nightfyre said: »
Were you by any chance using STR for your base stat augment on the TP capes? Both of those sound like accuracy issues.

Nope, I've doubled checked everything.

Sylph.Oraen said: »
Also, Samnuha remain our best TP legs outside of severe accuracy problems.

That's what I keep hearing, and why I'm confused by the spreadsheet showing otherwise.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2016-06-30 20:41:57
Link | Quote | Reply

If it's not an accuracy issue then it's probably low ratio as Oraen said, because 1 TA shouldn't beat 3 DA and 3 STP. Herc legs can get quite a bit of attack, especially if you're using the top augs. Samnuha Tights by contrast are very lacking in that area.

It's important to remember that the DPS value on its own is often not as useful as you might think, because it doesn't immediately tell you why that number is what it is. Getting the most out of the spreadsheet requires that you can understand, interpret, and intelligently manipulate the different factors that contribute to that sum value.
 Asura.Alkk
By Asura.Alkk 2016-06-30 21:57:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Yes that is a good point, I was thinking that the strenght of stp isnt really displayed since faster tp gain means higher ws frequency, more so considering I'm mainhanding Tizona.

I'll just ask instead then, what did you (and others reading this) opt for, DA or STP? I've always been a big fan of stp personally but be good to hear opinions.
By Takisan 2016-06-30 22:45:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Alkk said: »
Yes that is a good point, I was thinking that the strenght of stp isnt really displayed since faster tp gain means higher ws frequency, more so considering I'm mainhanding Tizona.

I'll just ask instead then, what did you (and others reading this) opt for, DA or STP? I've always been a big fan of stp personally but be good to hear opinions.

STP for mythic AM3 beat DA mythic AM3 when I last spreadsheeted it.
By iambatman3131 2016-06-30 23:30:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Str acc / attack weapon skill damage for savage blade, req, expac.
Dex acc / attack critical for CdC
Dex acc / attack store T P for melee

I have a 10 hit build (9 + WS) w/ capped delay tizona AG
I also have Seq. (Ls finished it for me while I am in Alaska working) so I get to play with it when I get home in 2 months!!!

Thanks again guys!!!
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2016-07-01 02:13:18
Link | Quote | Reply

STP for Tizona, usually DA for everything else. I made a DA cape (currently doubles as my ws cape for noncrits), haven't done an STP cape yet. Will get around to it eventually. Next month's cape will be STR/WSD.

Some thoughts after considering CDC's real fTP:

CDC spam is likely still the best option, or very near it, in most situations if multi-step SCs aren't an option (soloing, low mob HP, etc). Savage Blade and Expiacion can rival it for per-WS damage given the right weapons/situations and if you're holding TP that's another factor to bear in mind, but the incidental skillchain damage is a potential bonus and the increased TP return is sometimes of interest. If you can perform extended SCs and the target takes reasonable SC damage, it's probably in your best interests to exploit that. I see a few notable options here:

(Req>)Savage>CDC/Expi>Req(>Req) is a solid multistep dark that Sequence can extend into umbra. Sequence can also do Req>CDC>Req for two darkness skillchains in a row, with the second getting a boosted multiplier. The heavy use of Req kind of sucks, but the skillchain frequency/damage is pretty nice and there's more opportunities for magic bursts if you're in a mixed party.

But what of a good multistep light, so that we can close a double light or radiance with CDC... lack of a practical fusion weaponskill is a huge limiting factor here. CA's cooldown, TP consumption, and the extra second of forced delay severely curtail the viability of Thrashing Assault, to say nothing of spell damage's limited potential. Our only other fusion weaponskill is Realmrazer, which is also impractical in a multistep sequence. That means we'd have to step down to t1 skillchain properties.

Red Lotus Blade>Vorpal Blade Circle Blade/Flat Blade (fusion)>Savage Blade (light)>CDC (double light) works, and Sequence can insert Requiescat (scission, makes liquefaction with RLB) at the start of that skillchain for aftermath and thus radiance, along with boosting every SC along the way. Savage Blade, Expiacion, and Vorpal Blade also possess the scission property, so non-aeonics have a few options for 5-step light openers if so desired. Sadly, the need to employ two low damage weaponskills really hampers the skillchain's viability. You could do it after a 3k Expiacion for mythic AM3, but that's infrequent enough that I'd probably do Expiacion>CA Thrashing Assault>Savage Blade>CDC instead whenever possible. Speaking of which, have fun trying to juggle all this with buffs, debuffs, and potentially aftermath timers.

You're can't always fit both Requiescat and a closing CDC into a decent skillchain with another DD. Liquefaction weaponskills are generally terrible; pretty sure the best ones are Stringing Pummel and Asuran Fists. That means you're probably sticking to t2 properties, and it's four/six steps from Requiescat to double light. The only way that's going to work well is if they can reliably cram in both a fragmentation and fusion WS before you get too far past 1k, in which case you should probably do fusion>Req>frag>fusion (light)>CDC (light/radiance). Can also do frag>CDC/Expi>fusion>frag (light)>CDC (light) if you don't need Req or can start with it for a 6-step. Darkness and umbra are much easier (though you'll need to adjust for which of the two you're doing), with several different possible skillchain paths. Worth bearing in mind when you're considering which weapon to mainhand for a given fight and setup since it places some limitations on your ability to fully utilize Sequence. If you're not getting the closing WS or can't utilize Requiescat at all, Tizona or Almace may be better choices. You'll also need to consider how often you're utilizing Expiacion and especially Savage Blade since they both scale strongly with TP.

Obviously all this goes out the window if you're not the one closing the skillchain, use your best judgment. Too many possibilities to reasonably cover here, and this post is already getting pretty long.

Really is a shame that Sequence's TP bonus doesn't work in the offhand, but Tizona/Sequence still has an edge in TP gain so maybe that's an option to consider now depending on what weaponskills you're using at the time.

Lots of different options to bear in mind, we'll see how they each pan out. Planning to work on radiance/umbra skillchain multipliers once I'm done with 2k/3k Expiacion testing.
[+]
 Sylph.Braden
By Sylph.Braden 2016-07-01 02:52:37
Link | Quote | Reply

I've been mulling over two-man 4-step Aeonic AM1 combos that go:
PersonA > PersonB [T2] > PersonA [T3] > PersonB [UltimateSC]

BLU can't be PersonB with Light and Requiescat is usually a lousy finisher, so I'm curious to hear how Sequence users personally work out a practical CDC Radiance AM1 chain with other melee in the mix, if at all.
 Siren.Kyte
Server: Siren
By Siren.Kyte 2016-07-01 03:29:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
Red Lotus Blade>Vorpal Blade (fusion)>Savage Blade (light)>CDC (double light) works,

Actually, it doesn't. You have to use Circle Blade in place of Vorpal. That fact, and not even so much RLB, is what makes it far more situational.
[+]
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2016-07-01 10:18:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Ahh, scission is the primary property and impaction is secondary. RLB>Vorpal would make scission then, yeah. That's very unfortunate.
 Asura.Foreverj
user: Foreverj
By Asura.Foreverj 2016-07-01 12:00:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Can someone give me an idea of what kind of skillchain damage doing using sequence? Just curious. I mean CDC --> CDC light is like 10k to 30k light or something. Therefore are people seeing 99k umbra or something? Just curious.
By geigei 2016-07-01 12:37:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Foreverj said: »
Can someone give me an idea of what kind of skillchain damage doing using sequence? Just curious. I mean CDC --> CDC light is like 10k to 30k light or something. Therefore are people seeing 99k umbra or something? Just curious.

I dont do it personally, activating am is allready a loss in dmg. I was getting 99k radiance on qilin tho while farming for almace.
First Page 2 3 ... 295 296 297 ... 445 446 447