[+]
 Odin.Brocovich
Server: Odin
Game: FFXI
user: Brocovich
By Odin.Brocovich 2016-05-31 03:29:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Oraen said: »
An LS member of mine quit his SAM after finding out that his max accuracy set on SAM had less accuracy than his regular set on his BLU.

Thats exactly what i noticed with my DRG, which used to be the melee job with the highest acc. I did ambuscade on DRG last month, to see if all those dragon killer stuff is any useful but ended up being 2nd in parse after a Tanmogay +1 BLU. Switched back to BLU and did almost twice as much dmg as the other BLU. I hope the coming 2hander update will change this a bit.

Fenrir.Nightfyre said: »
Other things I'd do or at least consider:

-Azure Acumen trait for physical spells. I've talked about this before, still surprises me that SE never added this. Physical spells are bad enough as is; even with the trait they'd still be subpar.
-Allow BLU nukes to MB without BA. The idea simply doesn't work with modern skillchain/MB mechanics. Still limited by range, selection, and overall power of nukes relative to BLM options, but that's fine.
-Reduce CA and BA timers to one minute, with merits adjusted accordingly (50 seconds with 5/5).
-Allow aeonic TPB to work from offhand. Expiacion with Tizona/Sequence gets kind of interesting here, especially once you take into account the previous changes.

I think BLU doesn't need any of these. BLU is in a very good shape at the moment not needing any buffs or nerfs, since it is one of the best melee DDs (DRK or WAR might do better with enough support), but still not good enough to replace MB-setups.

I'd rather buff other melee jobs with less utility to be on par or better dmg wise, than nerfing the only melee job, which comes close to MB setups.
[+]
 Odin.Llewelyn
user: Llewelyn
By Odin.Llewelyn 2016-05-31 03:36:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Increasing the DEX:Acc ratio for 2-handers would be welcome.
 Odin.Brocovich
user: Brocovich
By Odin.Brocovich 2016-05-31 03:39:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Llewelyn said: »
Increasing the DEX:Acc ratio for 2-handers would be welcome.

My first thought on the coming 2hander update was a 1 STR=1 att, 1 DEX=1 acc ratio, but I think this won't be enough since heavy DDs having like 200 DEX, so it would be a ~50 acc buff
By Afania 2016-05-31 04:46:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Brocovich said: »
An LS member of mine quit his SAM after finding out that his max accuracy set on SAM had less accuracy than his regular set on his BLU.

Thats exactly what i noticed with my DRG, which used to be the melee job with the highest acc. I did ambuscade on DRG last month, to see if all those dragon killer stuff is any useful but ended up being 2nd in parse after a Tanmogay +1 BLU. Switched back to BLU and did almost twice as much dmg as the other BLU. I hope the coming 2hander update will change this a bit.

Other things I'd do or at least consider:

-Azure Acumen trait for physical spells. I've talked about this before, still surprises me that SE never added this. Physical spells are bad enough as is; even with the trait they'd still be subpar.
-Allow BLU nukes to MB without BA. The idea simply doesn't work with modern skillchain/MB mechanics. Still limited by range, selection, and overall power of nukes relative to BLM options, but that's fine.
-Reduce CA and BA timers to one minute, with merits adjusted accordingly (50 seconds with 5/5).
-Allow aeonic TPB to work from offhand. Expiacion with Tizona/Sequence gets kind of interesting here, especially once you take into account the previous changes.

I think BLU doesn't need any of these. BLU is in a very good shape at the moment not needing any buffs or nerfs, since it is one of the best melee DDs (DRK or WAR might do better with enough support), but still not good enough to replace MB-setups.

I'd rather buff other melee jobs with less utility to be on par or better dmg wise, than nerfing the only melee job, which comes close to MB setups.

My biggest issue with blu is how exclusive it is tbh. If there's already one blu in pt, using a DD that can't self haste lowers first BLUs dps due to sacrificing one bubble for haste. If that DDs strongest WS doesn't generate light with CDC, then it also lowers first blus dps because interrupt SC= DPS lose.

In the end there aren't many DD to choose from because quite a number of DPS job would lower first blus dps in pt.
By Takisan 2016-05-31 08:57:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Just take into consideration that with proper support, WAR and DRK are pretty close with Ragnarok. BLU just eliminates the need for excess support. More than welcome to work on BLU, as I've slowly converted my entire LS to do, I'm just saying that you shouldn't feel a necessity to do so. Play what you enjoy, not what people pigeonhole you into playing.

Haha, yea I have seen an increase in Tizona wielders and blus in my ls too.

A wise man once said:
"Play what you enjoy, not what people pigeonhole you into playing." Oraen

And I couldn't agree more. Be it whatever job regardless of what people say about it just play what you like and what you have to play to gear it. When I was making Tizona, Claidheamh Soluis was about as strong with the right augments (lacking AM3) so people were saying Tizona was a waste of time but its never a waste of time if you really like it. Play a job u enjoy and bring new light to it and other people will follow.

Also...

AG Tizona, AG Almace, Sequence \^^/ <-- loves blu

Thank you b00typirates ls. An amazying Schah win at 00:00 time remaining for those who were there in battle and for those who saw it on twitch. XD
[+]
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Server: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2016-05-31 10:50:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Grats!

Odin.Brocovich said: »

As I said before, these changes do not significantly alter BLU's overall power level as a DD. Not with the particular specs I have in mind, at any rate. What would happen is a decentralization of BLU's DD gameplay. More flexibility in weaponskill and ability selection means BLU plays nicer with other DDs, and can choose from several different approaches even when solo based on what's most appropriate in the current situation. Less emphasis on spamming CDC, more thoughful use of available tools in line with BLU's hybrid nature. It's not about becoming more or less powerful, it's about refinements in design.

Afania touched on an important idea behind these changes when talking about exclusivity. Allowing different jobs to function well together is one of my goals with these changes, as well as changes that I would make to other jobs. BLU's biggest issue right now is that it generally doesn't play well with other DDs that aren't BLU. That's a complicated issue however, one that is best solved through small but important adjustments to several jobs.
 Quetzalcoatl.Takisan
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Takisan
By Quetzalcoatl.Takisan 2016-06-01 10:18:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Hey Nightfyre or anyone who knows the blu dps spreadsheet I have a question. So I see on the setup tab where you can change the aftermath from 1 to 3. My question is if you want to see the difference for an empy aftermath like almace do you change that aftermath value? Even though its spelled out as "Mythic Aftermath"? How could you look at the difference between AM1 and AM3 for almace?
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2016-06-01 10:28:03
Link | Quote | Reply

There's a field for empyrean AM rate just above the mythic settings. Enter your procrate based on AM level (30/40/50%) and it'll configure for ODD or OTD as appropriate.
By Takisan 2016-06-01 11:44:40
Link | Quote | Reply

There's a field for empyrean AM rate just above the mythic settings. Enter your procrate based on AM level (30/40/50%) and it'll configure for ODD or OTD as appropriate.

Thanks! The version I had didn't have it.

I'm going to test dps and wsavg for Tizona/Almace AM3, Almace/Sequence AM3, Almace/Sequence AM1, and Sequence/Almace.

Gonna try it on unity Arke since he benedictions but doesn't do much debuffs like sleepga that would affect dps. KuyinHathdenna, appururu, Ulmia, Koru Moru, and Cherukiki for buffs that dont change to much (compared to Joachim and Qultada).

I did a test on all those already and Tizona/Almace AM3 was top with Sequence/Almace as second in both dps and wsdmg but dps and wsdmg fluctuated a lot as I did more Seq/Almace tests. I'm gonna try doing 10 of each to average out the deviation.
 Asura.Leoheika
Server: Asura
user: Leoheart
By Asura.Leoheika 2016-06-01 12:05:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Silly question, but where is the BLU spreadsheet?

Many thanks.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2016-06-01 12:18:23
Link | Quote | Reply

There's a link in the guide, near the top of the item sets. Ctrl+f "spreadsheet" and you should find it.
 Asura.Leoheika
user: Leoheart
By Asura.Leoheika 2016-06-01 12:20:02
Link | Quote | Reply

There's a link in the guide, near the top of the item sets. Ctrl+f "spreadsheet" and you should find it.

Thanks for that, I completely scrolled past it when I checked!
 Bahamut.Vinedrius
Server: Bahamut
user: Devrom
By Bahamut.Vinedrius 2016-06-05 05:46:20
Link | Quote | Reply

what is the optimal multistep SC I could do solo while Aeonic aftermath is up?
By geigei 2016-06-05 06:52:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Vinedrius said: »
what is the optimal multistep SC I could do solo while Aeonic aftermath is up?

Req>savage>thrashing>cdc
[+]
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2016-06-06 17:05:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Alternatively, Req->Savage->CDC->Req->Req if you want umbra instead of radiance.

Time to start thinking about cape #3!

I'm inclined to go for a nuking cape this time. I have DEX/crit and DEX/DA capes right now. The latter gives me a strong TP option that also covers most noncrit physical WS pretty well, so I'm not in a hurry to add STR/WSD or STR/DA capes to the mix. DW cape is likewise a low priority since I usually have capped magic haste. Makes more sense to pursue significant upgrades in other categories right now.
 Odin.Llewelyn
user: Llewelyn
By Odin.Llewelyn 2016-06-06 18:01:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Nuking cape is what I would do if I were to make a 3rd BLU cape, but I'm gonna be dumb and make capes for jobs I never get to play. 1 MNK and 2 NINs! Or maybe a THF in there somewhere so I can stop getting my butt kicked so hard in the Erinys parse.
 Odin.Speedyjim
user: speedyjim
By Odin.Speedyjim 2016-06-06 23:14:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Llewelyn said: »
so I can stop getting my butt kicked so hard in the Erinys parse.
Least you'll lose less sleep knowing you can beat somebody.
 Quetzalcoatl.Excalin
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Excalin
By Quetzalcoatl.Excalin 2016-06-06 23:22:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Alternatively, Req->Savage->CDC->Req->Req if you want umbra instead of radiance.

Time to start thinking about cape #3!

I am thinking Str/WSD this time around.
By geigei 2016-06-07 04:42:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Yes umbra is possible too but req is so weak i dont even consider it, i even made a set for it and still crap.
 Phoenix.Tearxx
Server: Phoenix
user: Tearxx
By Phoenix.Tearxx 2016-06-10 11:36:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Could anyone share their typical cleaving spell set with 80 points? Been messing around with one and am curious what other people are using.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2016-06-10 13:23:39
Link | Quote | Reply

There's some discussion on that topic two pages back.
By Selindrile 2016-06-14 00:58:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Best Cheer for Blu on most endgame content?

I'm guessing either

2% Attack (so like 24 Attack if it's calculated like food, off base/gear only)

or

STR +4
DEX +4
Accuracy +4
 Leviathan.Stamos
Server: Leviathan
user: Stamos
By Leviathan.Stamos 2016-06-14 01:26:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Movement speed is always the answer
[+]
By Blazed1979 2016-06-14 19:36:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Liberator i119 III vs Tizona i119 III
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Deg9bfX2TS4
[+]
By Afania 2016-06-14 22:54:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Stamos said: »
Movement speed is always the answer

No thanks, winning parse > run faster. The pt can wait, epenis can't :p
[+]
 Ragnarok.Sekundes
Server: Ragnarok
user: Sekundes
By Ragnarok.Sekundes 2016-06-14 23:11:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Blazed1979 said: »
I have to ask, is there a reason why you menu cast some of your most frequent actions? Seems like getting tangled in your menus like that might be a detriment when you need to hit your PDT or MDT macro or a stun or something.

Also do you know about removing window effects? It speeds up menu casting/ability use significantly so if you do open up your menus a lot, make sure you set that to "Off" in the Config->Windows->Shared->Window Effect
[+]
By geigei 2016-06-15 00:44:30
Link | Quote | Reply

I guess rng won the parse after all!
[+]
By Blazed1979 2016-06-15 08:29:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Sekundes said: »
I have to ask, is there a reason why you menu cast some of your most frequent actions? Seems like getting tangled in your menus like that might be a detriment when you need to hit your PDT or MDT macro or a stun or something.

Also do you know about removing window effects? It speeds up menu casting/ability use significantly so if you do open up your menus a lot, make sure you set that to "Off" in the Config->Windows->Shared->Window Effect

I usually play off macros but recently finished my drk.lua, before that I never used spellcast or gearswap in 14 years of ffxi, so its taking a little getting used to and I have trust issues with it lol. My friends assure me GS is doing everything its supposed. I was using menu in the vid a lot because I like to hit "CTRL+e" to see if the gears have swapped.
 Asura.Rodolfo
user: Tyrael
By Asura.Rodolfo 2016-06-15 22:16:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Hey guys I was wondering if you wouldn't mind sharing with me your BLU magic spell list for melee dps. Yes, I know that BLU is versatile so one set isn't a catch all, but overall what do you normally use? Also, What are you using for TP/WS (CDC). Anything helps, thanks!
First Page 2 3 ... 289 290 291 ... 445 446 447