Bismarck.Speedyjim
Server: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
user: speedyjim
By Bismarck.Speedyjim 2016-02-21 23:06:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Baozzer said: »
Yeah man that haste 1 is awesome when you're too lazy to recast flutter
Too lazy to press a combination of 2 keys? My oh my.
 Odin.Niteanjel
Server: Odin
user: NiteAnjel
By Odin.Niteanjel 2016-02-22 01:23:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Nightfyre said: »
Slightly different version of my last post on the subject:

Important upgrades that retain value:
-Assimilator's Jubbah +1: blue magic skill
-Luhlaza Keffiyeh +1: blue magic skill
-Luhlaza Bazubands: Azure Lore duration bonus, not necessary to +1
-Luhlaza Charuqs +1: Diffusion duration bonus, blue magic skill
-Hashishin Mintan +1: blue magic precast
-Hashishin Bazubands +1: blue magic -recast
-Hashishin Tayt +1: blue magic skill

Valuable upgrades that are potentially replaceable or have finite value:
-Assimilator's Bazubands +1: Worthless once you've learned all your spells.
-Assimilator's Shalwar +1: Tied with HQ Carmine for BIS -interrupt, but the Burst Affinity enhancement isn't worth using so Carmine+1 is inventory+1.
-Assimilator's Charuqs +1: Still evaluating this, but there might be better options for CA.
-Luhlaza Jubbah +1: Decent FC/recast piece, but not BIS (loses to Taeon with FC+5 augment). Probably not worth using for Enchainment once you get into abjuration and Reisenjima gear.
-Hashishin Kavuk +1: Another piece I'm still evaluating for CA.
-Hashishin Basmak +1: Beats NQ Amalric for nuking under BA, possibly beats HQ depending on other stats/buffs. Also one of our better macc feet, so certainly not a bad investment. May move up to the first category with further review.

Don't bother:
-Assimilator's Keffiyeh
-Luhlaza Shalwar

Sylph.Ice said: ยป
AF body and Empy legs are good for +skill buffs like Occultation and Diamondhide. Empyrean feet are very nice for nuking. Empy body is good for pre cast on blue Magic spells.
Occultation yes, Magic Barrier as well. Diamondhide you can eventually get away with a very limited set of +skill gear. Most efficient combination (relative to FC options) to hit 500 skill with gifts is probably Cornflower Cape with at least skill+9 augment and Incanter's Torque.

Thank you so much for this, i really appreciate the time you took to respond to me. Working on everything you recommended. Now i just Hope SE gives us that wardrobe 2 haha.

Also thank you to everyone else for the awesome tips. Can't wait to get my BLU all geared out. Now for the hard part. learning all of these BLU spells haha
 Asura.Tarquine
Server: Asura
By Asura.Tarquine 2016-02-22 07:08:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Floppyseconds said: »
Heh, funny story.

I am actually making a section in my guide this very moment just for this because it is never ending.
The whole "I just started" or "I just came back" questions for gear.

EDIT: Done.

I will add armor or w/e later. That is honestly easier since it is just a "get this here, and then this".

Having just read your guide, the amount of puns you use is BLUming marvellous!

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Trulusia
By Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia 2016-02-22 09:35:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Tarquine said: »
Heh, funny story.

I am actually making a section in my guide this very moment just for this because it is never ending.

I will add armor or w/e later. That is honestly easier since it is just a "get this here, and then this".

That means a lot coming from a delicious pumpkin spice late.

That's a pretty bitchin' guide you wrote. I keep meaning to do one for PUP, but my laziness coupled with my utter hatred for FFXIAH's obtuse formatting, editing, ect... I just haven't really done it. I like how your ***looks on BG, how is BG compared to FFXIAH for editing/creating and ***?

Post deleted by User.
 Ragnarok.Afania
Server: Ragnarok
user: Afania
By Ragnarok.Afania 2016-02-22 09:56:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia said: »
Asura.Tarquine said: »
Heh, funny story.

That means a lot coming from a delicious pumpkin spice late.

That's a pretty bitchin' guide you wrote. I keep meaning to do one for PUP, but my laziness coupled with my utter hatred for FFXIAH's obtuse formatting, editing, ect... I just haven't really done it. I like how your ***looks on BG, how is BG compared to FFXIAH for editing/creating and ***?

You can just copy and paste other ppls format and change the content I believe.

Post deleted by User.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Server: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2016-02-24 15:52:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Kaitaru said: »
Just popping in to say i'm looking forward to start working on my Almace again as it seems its back with a vengeance with the new RoH steps that were added in the last update <3. Good to see that after such a long time of being under par that its back baby! Curious if Tizona will always stand as a better mainhand or if the two are interchangeable if mana is not an issue? Assume Im a clueless BLU to those who reply since I tend to take long breaks and miss out on a lot of changes </3.
Almace is certainly competitive now, especially if maintaining Tizona AM3 is difficult/inefficient, but BLU can easily blow through a lot of MP these days (hello Mighty Guard) and it's still our best debuff/utility weapon by far. Using both is the ideal now, but if nothing else Almace is easily ahead of any non-269 skill option.

---

Discussion in another thread brought to light the fact that alpha was removed from WSC calculations while I was inactive. Cue questions regarding my prior testing and this statement from BGwiki:

Quote:
As a player's job attains higher levels, the value of WSC is subjected to a level correction factor specifically for Blue Magic.

This level correction factor used to also affect Weapon Skills, but was removed in the June, 2014 update.
"Hang on a minute, what? Why would they remove alpha from WS calculations and leave it in for blue magic? That's dumb, and likely more complicated than universally removing it/setting it to 1."

Doesn't look like it was ever tested here (or if so I can't find the results) and the Calculating Blue Magic Damage page on BGWiki is way out of date (aside from a few minor changes by myself/Yugl years ago it's identical to VZX's original page on the subject), so back to the lab:
tl;dr Subduction's original 10% WSC value was in fact correct, and we now have documented evidence showing that alpha was also removed from blue magic calculations.

Hooray for running in circles. I'm gonna go update BGwiki now.

Revised formula:

((level+2+((WSC_A(*1.05 for gift)+WSC_B(*1.05 for gift))*WSC_Multiplier)*fTP*Convergence)+dINT*fINT_Multiplier+MDmg)...
*affinity bonuses (Pixie Hairpin +1 etc)*Species Damage Taken (SDT)*Resist fraction*Magic Burst multiplier*Magic Burst Bonus*Day/Weather bonus*(MAB/MDB)*MDT (aka TMDA)=Total damage
[+]
 Sylph.Oraen
Server: Sylph
user: Gaztastic
By Sylph.Oraen 2016-02-24 16:01:42
Link | Quote | Reply

I just changed the subduction values. You ***.

Seriously though, huge thanks for magic damage calculations. They have always been my Achilles' heel in this game.
[+]
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2016-02-24 16:21:55
Link | Quote | Reply

I mean I'm glad I worked out all the kinks in the equation finally (hopefully...), but at the same time I'm kind of annoyed at myself for the time spent testing, deriving an ever-so-slightly-off formula, and posting that just to finally learn about the alpha change the next day and discover oh no it's really 10% WSC after all!

I did run through various iterations of the alternative equations I'd tested along the way to make sure that none of them worked for a ~10% value, so hopefully this is the end of that little adventure and I can get back to testing other things. Went ahead and updated the values in the guide as well.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
[+]
By Takisan 2016-02-24 19:58:49
Link | Quote | Reply

RIP to the 90+ VD tenzens that had to die for this weapon. I promise I have nothing against you Tenzen. =)

VD Tenzen runs + bunches of gil and some really good friends.
Thanks to all those who contributed!
Afterglow Almace next...
[+]
By FaeQueenCory 2016-02-24 20:33:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Just popping in to say i'm looking forward to start working on my Almace again as it seems its back with a vengeance with the new RoH steps that were added in the last update <3. Good to see that after such a long time of being under par that its back baby! Curious if Tizona will always stand as a better mainhand or if the two are interchangeable if mana is not an issue? Assume Im a clueless BLU to those who reply since I tend to take long breaks and miss out on a lot of changes </3.
Yes. Trizona will ALWAYS be better main hand.

Mythics, in general, tend to be the absolute best main hand (or weapon) due to them having the largest base damage and AM3's stupid TP gain and WS damage boon.

Empyrean weapons, with few exceptions... Namely Armageddon, Ochain, and Daurabluh; tend to be... The bottom of the barrel of the "121"s.
Lowest base damage means weaker WSs.
And VW makes the 95 and 99 trials to be worse than making a Mythic. (Though nowhere near as bad as an Ergon.)
However, their super low delay and large Mdmg+stat makes them the best off-hand weapons available.

Aeonics and Relics are, generally, in between Mythic and Empyrean.
The "off color" Aeonics have more merit to them than other Aeonics, as being able to double Light AND Darkness is a powerful utility. And weirdly the Aeonic staff isn't a 100% steaming pile... Unlike its Relic and Empyrean brethren...
Relics got seriously pimped out, and it's a travesty that BLU can't Excalibur... Even more so now that it refreshes.

Empyrean weapons just can't compare to the others.
They've always been ghetto relics.
Just is, back in the 99era, you could make a functional Relic with a better linked WS easier than you could a Relic.
But now that they don't share a Relic's DMG and delay... They're just strictly inferior, ghetto versions of Relics.
Even worse now that Aeonics exist, being more Relic-like than Empyreans are now.
 Sylph.Oraen
By Sylph.Oraen 2016-02-24 20:35:40
Link | Quote | Reply

I have plenty against Tenzen, so kill him all you want.

Congratulations!
[+]
 Sylph.Oraen
By Sylph.Oraen 2016-02-24 20:57:46
Link | Quote | Reply

FaeQueenCory said: »
Yes. Trizona will ALWAYS be better main hand.

Mythics, in general, tend to be the absolute best main hand (or weapon) due to them having the largest base damage and AM3's stupid TP gain and WS damage boon.

Empyrean weapons, with few exceptions... Namely Armageddon, Ochain, and Daurabluh; tend to be... The bottom of the barrel of the "121"s.
Lowest base damage means weaker WSs.
And VW makes the 95 and 99 trials to be worse than making a Mythic. (Though nowhere near as bad as an Ergon.)
However, their super low delay and large Mdmg+stat makes them the best off-hand weapons available.

Aeonics and Relics are, generally, in between Mythic and Empyrean.
The "off color" Aeonics have more merit to them than other Aeonics, as being able to double Light AND Darkness is a powerful utility. And weirdly the Aeonic staff isn't a 100% steaming pile... Unlike its Relic and Empyrean brethren...
Relics got seriously pimped out, and it's a travesty that BLU can't Excalibur... Even more so now that it refreshes.

Empyrean weapons just can't compare to the others.
They've always been ghetto relics.
Just is, back in the 99era, you could make a functional Relic with a better linked WS easier than you could a Relic.
But now that they don't share a Relic's DMG and delay... They're just strictly inferior, ghetto versions of Relics.
Even worse now that Aeonics exist, being more Relic-like than Empyreans are now.

Tizona is not always better. In any situation in which you're unable to maintain Tizona's AM3 or AM3 maintenance is clunky, Almace is unmatched.

I can't speak for other Empyreans, but Almace is a superb weapon. I don't know where you're getting that it's so far inferior to a relic. Having ODD be changed to OTD has massively improved their viability.
[+]
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2016-02-24 21:05:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Cory, you might want to fact-check your posts a bit more carefully. Mythics and Ergons generally have the lowest base damage values among the legendary weapons (exceptions exist among certain high delay Mythics with low delay Relic/Empyrean counterparts), along with the worst damage/delay ratios ("DPS" ratings as shown on item pages). Relics and Empyreans have superior base damage and damage/delay to Mythics. Aeonics have slightly worse damage/delay ratios to Relics/Empyreans; for 1hand weapons this generally manifests as having the highest base damage but also a relatively high delay. 2hand weapons play with the delay trend a bit (Aeonic gaxe for example has the lowest delay at 480, though the DPS ratio holds) and I've got no idea what's happening with the H2H weapons. As far as this thread is concerned it's worth pointing out that Almace has a solid 11 base damage over Tizona while also boasting a more favorable delay, low-maintenance OTD aftermath, and 50 DEX. It's a fine weapon in its own right.

Post deleted by User.
 Unicorn.Sosuke
Server: Unicorn
user: Sosuke
By Unicorn.Sosuke 2016-02-25 12:26:02
Link | Quote | Reply

So new blu here in the process of gearing up, currently full teon with a Claidheamh Soluis main hand and sparks sword off hand for normal sword swinging, and a helios/telchine pants/109 empy feet set and two 117 wands for cleaving (just learning).

Last night I picked up another 3 melidopt wings and now I am having trouble figuring out what to spend them on. should I get a second Claidheamh Soluis to off hand or pick up the wand for cleaving? I read in one of the guides not to off hand Claidheamh Soluis but I am not sure why? and I am really struggling to get anything better than that. I started to figure out delve for the Tojil sword but looking at it there is no way I can beat him on my own or with the few friends I have in game so I am just not sure where to go next.

Post deleted by User.
 Leviathan.Stamos
Server: Leviathan
user: Stamos
By Leviathan.Stamos 2016-02-25 12:36:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Just get clubs and cleave until 2100 jps. Become the stronkest
 Unicorn.Sosuke
By Unicorn.Sosuke 2016-02-25 13:36:54
Link | Quote | Reply

is it just high delay that makes it not worth getting a second? I am not sure how much luck I will have with Tojil

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Isiolia
Server: Asura
user: Isiolia
By Asura.Isiolia 2016-02-25 13:43:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Unicorn.Sosuke said: »
Last night I picked up another 3 melidopt wings and now I am having trouble figuring out what to spend them on. should I get a second Claidheamh Soluis to off hand or pick up the wand for cleaving? I read in one of the guides not to off hand Claidheamh Soluis but I am not sure why? and I am really struggling to get anything better than that. I started to figure out delve for the Tojil sword but looking at it there is no way I can beat him on my own or with the few friends I have in game so I am just not sure where to go next.

Claid is a high damage/high delay sword type. Great for WS damage in main hand, but a relatively poor choice to offhand.

Nehushtan isn't really a good pick for a nuking weapon. It has low Magic Accuracy skill to start with (which would still fall short with perfect augments), no MAB outside of augment, and so on. I wouldn't really suggest getting it for nuking purposes. Good to have as a melee club though, if a situation calls for that.

Keep in mind that Delve scales down to three people now, so it's worth giving it a shot. The HP difference is quite significant compared to bringing 6. Doesn't hurt to try it at least.

If you're not sure on full Delve runs, Usonmunku and Gabaxorea(s) are possibly things to target.
 Unicorn.Sosuke
By Unicorn.Sosuke 2016-02-25 13:43:23
Link | Quote | Reply

ok I will see if I can solo Ircinraq on my smn with trusts today.
 Bahamut.Vinedrius
Server: Bahamut
user: Devrom
By Bahamut.Vinedrius 2016-02-26 06:38:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Unicorn.Sosuke said: »
ok I will see if I can solo Ircinraq on my smn with trusts today.

Drop rates of the delve NMs outside the fracture is pretty bad, just fyi. Also, WKR sword would serve you quite well until the point you take on harder stuff where you would start having accuracy issues. If you can get Usonmunku, it would help you with the accuracy where you can't afford using the WKR sword. For nuking, I wouldn't bother with skirmish club. You can start with homestead wand and eminent wand if you really need nuking weapons until you get Gabaxorea or if you are ready and have people to bring along to take on Escha-Zitah tier2 (the person who pops needs to have killed all tier1 once), just skip all delve for now and farm nibiru blade(s) and nibiru cudgels.
By Takisan 2016-02-26 07:35:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Stamos said: »

Stamos should be awarded the "Most Distracting Picture" Award.
 Leviathan.Restrat
Server: Leviathan
user: restrat
By Leviathan.Restrat 2016-02-26 11:24:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Stamos said: »

What's a good cleave target nowadays?
First Page 2 3 ... 260 261 262 ... 445 446 447