The Beast Within -- A Guide to Blue Mage
First Page 2 3 ... 213 214 215 ... 445 446 447
 Asura.Failaras
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Falaras
By Asura.Failaras 2015-10-06 13:03:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Claid should be very easy to get, shout groups for skirmish are generally sparks geared people anyways. Claid/Xiut is a completely acceptable weapon combo.
[+]
 Sylph.Oraen
Server: Sylph
user: Gaztastic
By Sylph.Oraen 2015-10-06 13:09:22
Link | Quote | Reply

The reason I don't recommend Mimesis at all is that, at least on Sylph, the cost to actually build the weapon is around double the price of just paying for a Tojil run to get Buramenk'ah. Especially with the massive decrease in HP for Delve now, finding a group to run with or just a merc group is even easier. If you really can't find any on your server, then joining an Alluvion Skirmish run for Claid is a perfectly acceptable choice, as well.
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Ragnarok.Muffz
Server: Ragnarok
user: Muffz
By Ragnarok.Muffz 2015-10-06 13:37:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Kyte said: »
If you want to add one minor OCD addition, then Hydrocera>Aqua Sachet. Unlike Aqua Sachet, it also has some other uses.

Quartz Tathlum +1 has MND +4.
 Caitsith.Mahayaya
Server: Caitsith
user: Trebold
By Caitsith.Mahayaya 2015-10-06 13:56:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Shinun said: »
Asura.Floppyseconds said: »
Fenrir.Shinun said: »
Even though on the front page it says Mimesis - No. If my only current options of weapons are Eminent Weapons and Oboro weapons would Mimesis/Eminent Scimitar be better then Eminent Scimitar/Eminent Wand?

Go fight Achuka in the WKR. Go do Skirmish, go fight Fenrir II, get a blurred sword, AA HM, anything that will let you have a stop gap weapon to getting Bura from Tojil is more worth it than the money spent on Mimesis.

I mean doing Delve for an Usonmonku or Bura is super easy and if it is not well then you have work to do with your WKR and eminent weapon to get armor to get weapons to get geared. Leap frog that ***son!

The problem with that is shout groups don't really want to take me not having any experience aswell as being in sparks gear/reforged gear. Nor can I find any Ls to join when I do shout. So for the most part I just stick to playing solo but I'm well on the road to the 30k alexandrite for Tizona. But, I'm still trying to do all the SoA story, and eventually solo CP farm/WKR/VE Higher Battlefields.

After relooking I recently got my Pioneers to 3 so I could buy Homestead aswell if that is a decent enough offhand. Just thought that perhaps for someone with no 119 Options currently for the foreseeable future Mimesis may have been an option

Yeah, get Homestead with your Eminent and spam WKR for other gear and its sword. Homestead makes WKR a lot of fun and super easy. After you've got that sword can slowly work on the bigger stuff. And can sell HP Bayld to supplement Tizona or other gear.
 Quetzalcoatl.Ninjaface
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Ninjaface
By Quetzalcoatl.Ninjaface 2015-10-06 14:07:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Failaras said: »
Claid should be very easy to get, shout groups for skirmish are generally sparks geared people anyways. Claid/Xiut is a completely acceptable weapon combo.
It is completely what I am using.
 Asura.Failaras
By Asura.Failaras 2015-10-06 14:10:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Ninjaface said: »
I know some people here are very anti-Xiut but I still think it is an amazing weapon and didn't stop using it until I got double Nibiru. Even since I got double Nibiru I've found times I wished I was using it.
 Quetzalcoatl.Ninjaface
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Ninjaface
By Quetzalcoatl.Ninjaface 2015-10-06 14:24:24
Link | Quote | Reply

I know some people here are very anti-Xiut but I still think it is an amazing weapon and didn't stop using it until I got double Nibiru. Even since I got double Nibiru I've found times I wished I was using it.
even when I get an upgrade, I'm definitely not getting rid of it before I can try it out in fodder type low acc situations.

Post deleted by User.
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
Server: Lakshmi
user: sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2015-10-06 15:20:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Soooo am I right in assuming the Telos Earring in the OP has not been found yet? Or drops off AV II: Meteor Boogaloo?

Cause im not finding information on it anywhere.
 Siren.Kyte
Server: Siren
By Siren.Kyte 2015-10-06 15:22:32
Link | Quote | Reply

It still appears to be an unknown drop.
 Asura.Failaras
By Asura.Failaras 2015-10-06 16:22:14
Link | Quote | Reply

That's how Tizona feels Fail. Make one instead of Conq :p

Xiut is good. If you don't do things harder than T1 delve, CH1-5 or WKR!
You've seen me use Xiut in plenty of things harder than that.
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
Server: Lakshmi
user: sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2015-10-06 16:27:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Did like 24 Sinister Reigns, 0 Vampirisms -_-
 Sylph.Oraen
user: Gaztastic
By Sylph.Oraen 2015-10-06 20:09:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Took me over 200 to get 2 perfect ones. I'm still missing a perfect dampening Tam after 350+. Luckily it's fun content, because damn the system can be brutal.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Failaras
By Asura.Failaras 2015-10-06 21:39:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Easily can be used on all of those except SR.
 Siren.Kyte
Server: Siren
By Siren.Kyte 2015-10-06 22:58:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Just because something can be used doesn't mean it should be.
[+]
 Asura.Failaras
By Asura.Failaras 2015-10-06 23:59:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Obviously I meant it can be used well. Accuracy is a joke in anything pre-SR or T3 Escha, Attack is a joke in most of those events, the Damage on Xiut isn't that different from the damage on an Uson. It's quite a good sword for a starter Blu and should last a very long time.

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Failaras
By Asura.Failaras 2015-10-07 01:15:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Obviously I meant it can be used well. Accuracy is a joke in anything pre-SR or T3 Escha, Attack is a joke in most of those events, the Damage on Xiut isn't that different from the damage on an Uson. It's quite a good sword for a starter Blu and should last a very long time.

Honestly, the sword parses pretty poorly unless you are overcapping acc on those things. Accuracy is certainly not a joke for a 115 sword.

I certainly wouldn't want to use it on Escha T2s. Depending on the mob, it could lose to even an Eminent blade.
You have some serious problems if you aren't overcapping acc in Delve 2 and older HLBs even with a 115 sword. You are either overestimating that content or overestimating the skill difference.
 Bahamut.Foreverj
Server: Bahamut
user: Foreverj
By Bahamut.Foreverj 2015-10-07 08:30:56
Link | Quote | Reply

What's a good easily obtainable club with mab for subduction while waiting for a second vampirism?
 Sylph.Hyunkyl
user: hyunkyl
By Sylph.Hyunkyl 2015-10-07 08:37:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Dual Gabo or Nibiru clubs :)
 Valefor.Seranos
Server: Valefor
user: Seranos
By Valefor.Seranos 2015-10-07 08:39:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Foreverj said: »
What's a good easily obtainable club with mab for subduction while waiting for a second vampirism?

Depends on your definition of obtainable. Gaborexa or Bolungabunga from Delve if you have Plasm. Nehushuster from Alluvian Skirmish isn't tough. But if you need something right away, can go Tamaxchi from Yorcia WKR with M ACC +30 and MAB+10.

Note: items names definitely not spelled correctly.
 Bahamut.Foreverj
By Bahamut.Foreverj 2015-10-07 08:40:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Hyunkyl said: »

Any easier to obtain cudgel? What's gabo? Seems like dual vampirism should be max mab and greater then dual nibiri cudgel.
 Bahamut.Foreverj
By Bahamut.Foreverj 2015-10-07 08:42:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Seranos said: »

Depends on your definition of obtainable. Gaborexa or Bolungabunga from Delve if you have Plasm. Nehushuster from Alluvian Skirmish isn't tough. But if you need something right away, can go Tamaxchi from Yorcia WKR with M ACC +30 and MAB+10.

Note: items names definitely not spelled correctly.

Nvm mind my idiocy as I have those and will use those. Somehow I missed seeing them useable on blue. Thanks
 Bahamut.Enkidou
user: jamisont
By Bahamut.Enkidou 2015-10-07 08:44:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Any easier to obtain cudgel? What's gabo? Seems like dual vampirism should be max mab and greater then dual nibiri cudgel.

Gabo is a Gabaxorea. Can get the drop in Delve or just toss 150,000 plasm for it.
 Asura.Sabishii
user: Sabishii
By Asura.Sabishii 2015-10-07 15:28:35
Link | Quote | Reply

You're forgetting you can augment nibiru weapons. A fully maxed Nibiru Cudgel will have better nuking stats than a optimal vamprism.

Dual Vampirism is missing the INT, some magic damage, and MATK/MACC nibiru cudgels have. Also, if you're not maxed out on cure potency, each cudgel has 10% on it.

Nibiru cudgel path B rank 15 has 21 INT, 11 MND (for cures and whatever nukes use MND like scouring spate), Magic ATK +31, Magic Acc +7, magic damage +124, magic acc skill +215, and 10% cure potency

vampirism: INT+10, Magic ATK +34, magic damage +108, fast cast +7%, STR+25 (Searing tempest and physical stuff maybe?), INT+10, occult accumen +10 (useless because it doesn't affect BLU spells).

Not saying vampirism is bad, but Nibiru Cudgel is better. As a tizona owner, I don't use a vampirism for melee offhand because I like nibiru blade for the DEX and ACC. For nuking I use two nibiru cudgels.
 Bahamut.Foreverj
By Bahamut.Foreverj 2015-10-07 15:36:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Sabishii said: »

You're forgetting you can augment nibiru weapons. A fully maxed Nibiru Cudgel will have better nuking stats than a optimal vamprism.

Dual Vampirism is missing the INT, some magic damage, and MATK/MACC nibiru cudgels have. Also, if you're not maxed out on cure potency, each cudgel has 10% on it.

Nibiru cudgel path B rank 15 has 21 INT, 11 MND (for cures and whatever nukes use MND like scouring spate), Magic ATK +31, Magic Acc +7, magic damage +124, magic acc skill +215, and 10% cure potency

vampirism: INT+10, Magic ATK +34, magic damage +108, fast cast +7%, STR+25 (Searing tempest and physical stuff maybe?), INT+10, occult accumen +10 (useless because it doesn't affect BLU spells).

Not saying vampirism is bad, but Nibiru Cudgel is better. As a tizona owner, I don't use a vampirism for melee offhand because I like nibiru blade for the DEX and ACC. For nuking I use two nibiru cudgels.

Yes I realized that earlier this morning after checking the stats of the cudgel. Thanks.

Also want to say playing blue Mage like a playing a whole new game. Wow never been more excited. Many thanks to writing the guide and people answering my questions.

Post deleted by User.
 Ragnarok.Orlind
Server: Ragnarok
user: Orlind
By Ragnarok.Orlind 2015-10-07 16:11:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Also want to say playing blue Mage like a playing a whole new game. Wow never been more excited. Many thanks to writing the guide and people answering my questions.

BLU is like online sex.

Speedy and done in a flash?
First Page 2 3 ... 213 214 215 ... 445 446 447