The Beast Within -- A Guide to Blue Mage
First Page 2 3 ... 184 185 186 ... 445 446 447
 Sylph.Hyunkyl
Server: Sylph
Game: FFXI
user: hyunkyl
By Sylph.Hyunkyl 2015-07-24 19:55:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Gratz! Should restart working on mine...
[+]
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2015-07-26 04:08:13
Link | Quote | Reply

I've given Oraen permission to update the OP with whatever I fell behind on. Between FFXIV and dealing with my dad passing away very recently I haven't got a lot of time to devote to this like I used to. Sorry if that lets people down, I maintained it for as long as I could. I'm sure Oraen will do excellently carrying on the legacy.
[+]
 Asura.Vinedrius
Server: Asura
user: Devrom
By Asura.Vinedrius 2015-07-26 05:27:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Prothescar said: »
I've given Oraen permission to update the OP with whatever I fell behind on. Between FFXIV and dealing with my dad passing away very recently I haven't got a lot of time to devote to this like I used to. Sorry if that lets people down, I maintained it for as long as I could. I'm sure Oraen will do excellently carrying on the legacy.

Sorry for your loss and many thanks for everything you have done for this community.
 Sylph.Oraen
user: Gaztastic
By Sylph.Oraen 2015-07-26 05:43:05
Link | Quote | Reply

I, for one, would most likely still be one of the stereotypical BLUs if it weren't for Prothescar and this guide. I can't think of anybody who has dedicated as much time and effort into assisting others, even after he had decided to leave the game. This forum and the entirety of the BLU community owes you more thanks than could ever possibly be expressed.

This guide always has and forever will belong to Prothescar. It's an honor to be able to contribute to what shaped my journey as a BLU.
[+]
 Sylph.Oraen
By Sylph.Oraen 2015-07-27 15:45:13
Link | Quote | Reply

I was excited to start working on gear updates for the OP, but with the next version update only 8 days away, it seems silly to do so without seeing the new gear. However, as soon as we have access to the new equipment and I have some time to test, I'll make updates to every set currently listed. New spells will be added, as well.

I also wanted to get feedback for additional sets or anything else people may want to see added to the OP. Let me know if there's anything you feel should be added or changed.
[+]
 Phoenix.Libbien
Server: Phoenix
user: Alttp
By Phoenix.Libbien 2015-07-27 18:05:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Im sure its somewhere in here already, but personally I'd love to see an AM tp set for tizona on the OP. I just finished the 30k alex for it so after some nyzul token farming, I'll be done.

Sidenote, I havent really looked at the difference for tp'ing with AM3 up vs without AM as this is my first mythic. So if there is no need for a separate set then great, but I think it would be a nice improvement on what is already a great guide if there is a benefit to having a separate one. Also, thanks for any feedback and for stepping up to keep the guide going.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Siren.Kyte
Server: Siren
By Siren.Kyte 2015-08-05 00:49:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Well we are in fact getting another job trait upgrade! Yay for automatic tier III traits!
 Asura.Sabishii
Server: Asura
user: Sabishii
By Asura.Sabishii 2015-08-05 00:52:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Okay, just looked at the gifts from the new patch, they didn't translate it into english, they left it in Japanese BUT GOOGLE TRANSLATE TO THE RESCUE:

Quote:
Job characteristics effect up It can +1 the job characteristics obtained in blue magic.
Gil Steele / double attack / auto-refresh will not get the effect. 1200

That means it boosts the previous job trait gift we got. If you set dual wield I, you will now get dual wield III. That's friggin' sweet!
 Sylph.Oraen
By Sylph.Oraen 2015-08-05 00:54:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh sweet lord. Dual Wield 6, Crit attack bonus 3, and all of our other bonuses. 1200 points. Let's hope they've got a double exp campaign this month, because I need this NOW.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Server: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2015-08-05 00:56:12
Link | Quote | Reply

TWELVE HUNDRED *** JOB POINTS WHAT THE HELL

And they did actually translate it already, they just linked the JP page for whatever reason.

Gonna be a long time before I unlock that one...
[+]
 Lakshmi.Rooks
Administrator
Server: Lakshmi
user: Rooks
By Lakshmi.Rooks 2015-08-05 01:01:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Here is the translated page.
[+]
By Ruaumoko 2015-08-05 01:09:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh geez.

A second tier of Job Trait Bonus at 1200. Also +5 more set points. Blue Mage really will be the most overpowered DD out there.
 Sylph.Oraen
By Sylph.Oraen 2015-08-05 01:10:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Here's hoping we get content more friendly towards melees, then. Only 900 JPs to go...
 Leviathan.Stamos
Server: Leviathan
user: Stamos
By Leviathan.Stamos 2015-08-05 01:16:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Definitely just going to set DW3, will save a lot of points that way. So, this update will be nice once you know... 1200 jps
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2015-08-05 01:31:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Welp. RIP every other job
[+]
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Server: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2015-08-05 01:42:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Suits me fine, I wasn't planning on playing other jobs anyway~

For real though, the gift itself and the extra JPs are nice. More set points and fewer required points for core traits means we can set a wider variety of spells without sacrificing anything. That's a buff not only to damage, but versatility. Very much in line with what the job has always been about. At this point all I could ask for is a few more spells before the end of the year and ideally an Azure Acumen trait.

I guess the grind will give me something to do whenever I feel like logging in. I'm only half done with Tizona too, heh.
[+]
 Sylph.Oraen
By Sylph.Oraen 2015-08-05 01:45:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah, going to have to bench a good few projects to focus on JP farming. Honestly, a lot of the content announced this patch seems pretty cool. The WKR 2.0 stuff will be great for huge events, and the arena fights seem great for actually being able to choose the gear you want. If they did this properly, I'm going to sincerely enjoy this update.
 Shiva.Zykei
Server: Shiva
user: Zykei
By Shiva.Zykei 2015-08-05 01:48:48
Link | Quote | Reply

A double exp/cp announcement would be icing to this delicious cake.
 Cerberus.Tidis
MSPaint Winner
Server: Cerberus
user: tidis
By Cerberus.Tidis 2015-08-05 02:08:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Dat 1200 gift, almost makes me want to gear up BLU again.
 Siren.Kyte
Server: Siren
By Siren.Kyte 2015-08-05 02:25:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Stamos said: »
Definitely just going to set DW3, will save a lot of points that way. So, this update will be nice once you know... 1200 jps

It's only 6 more points to set DW4, which is generally a good boost.
 Cerberus.Tidis
MSPaint Winner
By Cerberus.Tidis 2015-08-05 02:28:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Will DW even go up to 6? BLU would be overtaking NIN in the DW department if so!
 Sylph.Oraen
By Sylph.Oraen 2015-08-05 02:37:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Concerning new gear:

HEAD

BODY

HANDS

LEGS

FEET

WEAPONS

Particularly interesting gear has been bolded.

In summary: Holy crap. I'm kicking myself for not buying Kheper/Khepri set back in the day.
 Phoenix.Capuchin
Server: Phoenix
user: Anza
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2015-08-05 02:40:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Pretty amazing gifts, but... 1200. IDK though, BLU might be the job I focus on for that.

As for DW comments in particular though, I'm seeing that mentioned enough that I want to be the guy giving that reminder not to overvalue additional tiers too much when you have to give up potentially WAY more benefit from using your set points for other spells. Unless you're solo without trusts, DW5 is nearly always overkill and actually hurts your TP/hit at that point.

For instance, 5 extra DW from setting an additional tier above DW3 costs you points that you could use to include, say, Anvil Lightning. Which, with 1200 gift, gives Accuracy Bonus III BY ITSELF. Holy crap. That's 41 Accuracy from one spell (35 from Acc Bonus III, plus 6 more from 8DEX), as well as the DEX+8 helping crit rate and being a drool-worthy CdC mod. In a case like that it's absolutely worth tossing on an extra 5% DW piece in one armor slot (say, Suppa) and setting a tier lower DW trait if it allows you to set an additional good spell.

For me, DW3 trait is usually all I need. With Flutter and either 1 player March or 2x Trust Marches you're already capped on magical haste and need only DW+11 to cap delay (I often "settle" for Taeon feet base 4% + Suppa 5%, which brings you close enough at 79.38% reduction). I just find wasting more points on additional levels of DW is diminishing returns, especially with some of the incredibly powerful traits on Adoulin era spells.
[+]
 Sylph.Traxus
user: traxusIV
By Sylph.Traxus 2015-08-05 02:53:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Did anyone ever bother to check the WSC on tenebral crush? It's relevant now that we can merit an extra stat.
 Sylph.Oraen
By Sylph.Oraen 2015-08-05 02:53:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Personally, I use DW4 in party situations and drop Mortal Ray/Animating Wail to make room for Diffusion Ray and either battery charge or Barrier Tusk. With an additional 5 set points, we'll have to see what else will warrant setting. Most likely Winds or Promy or Vanity Dive/Frenetic Rip for another accuracy tier.

Spellsets will change dramatically with the 1200 gift, not to mention the massive amount of new gear. We'll have to see how things develop.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2015-08-05 03:02:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Traxus said: »
Did anyone ever bother to check the WSC on tenebral crush? It's relevant now that we can merit an extra stat.

pretty easy to do for magical attacks. go out and cast it naked, then cast it naked with BA. this gives a baseline for how much WSC is affecting the damage (can derive most parts of the equation from just these two casts). can then add/remove stats to see which ones are having an effect.
 Cerberus.Tidis
MSPaint Winner
By Cerberus.Tidis 2015-08-05 03:27:56
Link | Quote | Reply

I did the maths on the delay, assuming DW6 is 40% DW add in haste 2 and capped gear haste and you're at 27% delay, DW5 under the same restraints is 29% delay.
 Sylph.Oraen
By Sylph.Oraen 2015-08-05 04:12:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Update: All Hexed/Cursed gear, as well as weapons, are augmentable. We've got a lot of work to do.
 Caitsith.Mahayaya
Server: Caitsith
user: Trebold
By Caitsith.Mahayaya 2015-08-05 08:13:24
Link | Quote | Reply

STP V will be nice. Curious to see macc and meva new traits too.
First Page 2 3 ... 184 185 186 ... 445 446 447