First Page 2 3 ... 172 173 174 ... 445 446 447
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
Server: Odin
Game: FFXI
user: Jassik
By Odin.Jassik 2015-04-20 21:03:26
Link | Quote | Reply

8pts for each tier of dual weild, so it gives an entire tier on its own. Its the spell I chose to drop in my party set so I could set another tier of store tp.
 Ragnarok.Sekundes
Server: Ragnarok
user: Sekundes
By Ragnarok.Sekundes 2015-04-20 21:05:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Cowrevenge said: »
Enchanting earring +1 2FC
Enif Cosciales 8FC
Chelona Boots +1 5FC which is the same as aug'ed Helios.

Taeon body can get more total fastcast (9 with a 5 aug) than reforged relic but if you are only casting blue spells then use empy or reforged empy for better bonuses.

Also, Helios gloves is only 5 which is one single point better than Thaumas.

I wouldn't recomend wasting money on FC augments unless you are already capped on everything else. Augments give you the potential to get a whopping +3 FC over other options. 2 on the body(for non-blu spells) and 1 on the hands. I just wouldn't waste the effort or gil on them.
 Valefor.Cowrevenge
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Cowrevenge 2015-04-20 23:24:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks I change the pants. I can't find the earring. link?
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
By Odin.Jassik 2015-04-20 23:35:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Cowrevenge said: »
Thanks I change the pants. I can't find the earring. link?

Enchanter's Earring +1
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Server: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2015-04-22 14:38:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Quick questions:

-Hunting Grounds looks pretty short on Adoulin info. Any new spells I can't solo, and where am I hunting? I already have Erratic Flutter, Restoral, Rail Cannon, Diffusion Ray, and Sinker Drill. Looking into Thrashing Assault as I type this.

-Gear progression? I've got Sparks gear, working on AF/R/Emp upgrades where I immediately can. AHables are in the works where applicable. Is the TP Bonus augment still optimal for Moonshade Earring? What's my immediate target for an offhand weapon?

-Use cases for /RUN?

-Any major changes I should be aware of that might not be immediately evident? I'm aware of the changes to blue magic, weaponskills, and 1h hitrate/ratio.
[+]
By Draylo 2015-04-22 14:42:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Welcome back!
 Ragnarok.Sekundes
By Ragnarok.Sekundes 2015-04-22 15:07:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Nightfyre said: »
Quick questions:

-Hunting Grounds looks pretty short on Adoulin info. Any new spells I can't solo, and where am I hunting? I already have Molting Plumage, Restoral, Rail Cannon, Diffusion Ray, and Sinker Drill. Looking into Thrashing Assault as I type this.

-Gear progression? I've got Sparks gear, working on AF/R/Emp upgrades where I immediately can. AHables are in the works where applicable. Is the TP Bonus augment still optimal for Moonshade Earring? What's my immediate target for an offhand weapon?

-Use cases for /RUN?

-Any major changes I should be aware of that might not be immediately evident? I'm aware of the changes to blue magic, weaponskills, and 1h hitrate/ratio.
WB.

I probably can't answer all the questions perfectly but I can give you some general info.

You should be able to solo everything sans UL spells from the Delve Bosses/Wildkeeper mobs such as blistering roar from Achuka.

Thrashing assault will be best in meeble burrows. TP bonus still wins.

You'll be aiming for Taeon gear augmented with 2% TA, acc/att and either STR or STR/DEX. Getting Taeon is easy, after that you just need to spend money on augs. Luckily the augment system for it is much better than other systems.

Usonmunku STR or DEX augs are good weapons. IIRC the last recommendation I saw from prothe was Uson Dex/ Uson Dex since acc is fairly important on anything worth while.

I've never used /run for anything myself. It can be situationally useful for certain delve bosses back in the day due to breaking auras but I don't think that's really important anymore since the geo or rdm or whatever could do the nuking.

The Job Point gift is pretty badass but I'd assume you've heard of that.
 Asura.Isiolia
Server: Asura
user: Isiolia
By Asura.Isiolia 2015-04-22 15:22:15
Link | Quote | Reply

/RUN is great for magic/status effect defense, if nothing else, which is applicable to a fair bit of Adoulin missions, WKRs, etc.
 Asura.Leoheika
user: Leoheart
By Asura.Leoheika 2015-04-22 15:25:51
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm glad I hit refresh before posting my essay, Sekundes got it in less words >.>

For spells, make sure you get Erratic flutter as that is our haste II~

On top of Taeon you'll also want Helios and Telchine sets, Helios when augmented becomes some of our best nuking gear and Telchine makes it trivial to cap Cure Potency.
There's also odd bits from Normal skirmish (Yorcia & Ra'kaznar). See Hagondes legs & Body for nuking & Iuitl for for Hybrid PDT sets.

For an offhand weapon there was some discussion a few pages back saying Buramenk'ah was a good offhand for Claidheamh Soluis, but that might vary based on what you augment a second Claidheamh Soluis with.

Again there's loads more to say but I think the above should be your immediate focus outside of Reforged Artifact and AH things.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2015-04-22 18:40:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks guys.

Molting Plumage was a typo, meant Erratic Flutter; that was actually the first spell I went for after coming back.

Gonna try and learn Thrashing Assault when I hop on tonight, and if I've got tags left I'll try and pick up Subduction there too. After that I'll start looking for the Adoulin spells.

Undecided as to how I'll prioritize Alluvion Skirmish gear. DD gear tends to cycle faster than utility gear, and we've still got a few content updates left. I do have some capital to work with, but items of probable long-term value will likely take priority. We'll see how much time I have to work with. Regarding Iuitl+1, is it BIS for -DT or are there other augments I should know about? I see that PDT-6 body but for all I know there are superior augment options for other slots. Augments + stat vomit + occasaional lack of wiki updates makes gathering information rather tedious...
 Odin.Llewelyn
user: Llewelyn
By Odin.Llewelyn 2015-04-22 18:49:42
Link | Quote | Reply

These are my damage reduction sets. Sanare Earring would be better in MDT, but I like Ethereal.

PDT:

ItemSet 334821

MDT:

ItemSet 334822
 Asura.Leoheika
user: Leoheart
By Asura.Leoheika 2015-04-22 19:20:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Edit: This is the set I'd use, though I just realised I don't have some of those bits yet myself, but I like the accuracy on Lithelimb and iuitl legs can be augmented with more offensive stats.

ItemSet 334901
 Sylph.Oraen
Server: Sylph
user: Gaztastic
By Sylph.Oraen 2015-04-22 19:35:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Just some comments about the sword hierarchy these days:

Sans Tizona, a well augmented Claideamh is the best mainhand you can use. By well-augmented, I mean D 12-19, acc +20 or acc/atk +15 (accuracy is the main point here, as SE's idea of difficult content is THROW MORE EVASION ON THE MOBS), and 4 DA. Even with absolute perfect augments, I have not been able to find any situation in which a second Claideamh beats a Bura as the best offhand weapon these days. And seeing as how you could potentially spend tens of millions making a perfect Claid, and Bura is the price of a Tojil run, I would highly recommend that you do not make the same mistake I did and build a second Claid. As far as Usons are concerned, they are still very attractive options if you're low on funds. They are a decent amount of DPS behind Claid/Bura, but they are by no means bad choices.

And, as people have said, the 100 JP gift is INCREDIBLE. In my opinion, it is the strongest gift that any job received. It will take you from strong to an absolute monster. You've come back at a wonderful time for BLU. We are currently desired in practically all content, and are quite possibly the strongest DD in the game right now. Go grind your JPs, get your Alluvion gear, and show those silly other DDs who's boss.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2015-04-22 20:06:30
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm reasonably cognizant of what's best for weaponry, my present concern is what's immediately accessible. As in, what's decent and takes maybe an hour or two to acquire?

As far as PDT, current goal is this:

ItemSet 133012

Which is 50% on the dot, plus Shadow Mantle and Ethereal Earring, and up to 30% MDT, which would cap even with Shell IV. Could actually go up to 45% MDT with Twilight Torque and Iuitl+1 body in a mixed DT set, or 49% if I dropped Shadow Mantle.

I might play around with dropping Ethereal Earring for another Black/Darkness Earring and shuffling some stats around down the road. My gut says 119 Tizona largely mitigates the value of Ethereal, but the alternative is... Magnetic Earring?

Eh, what the hell. I have 160 macroable inventory slots now. Considering I had ~140 pieces of BLU gear before I quit, I see no reason not to get creative now...
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2015-04-22 20:10:30
Link | Quote | Reply

2 Usons would be the entry point. Very easy to unlock, not particularly expensive compared to other things. If you haven't got the money (I'm p sure you do!) I'd go with eminent scimitar and an OAT augmented xiutleato
[+]
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2015-04-22 20:35:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Noted, thanks.
 Asura.Failaras
user: Falaras
By Asura.Failaras 2015-04-22 21:01:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Once you get Taeon gear you will have a huge amount of accuracy in even the lowest accuracy fodder sets which allows for Xiutleato offhand in the majority of situations. I very rarely find myself switching to a 119 offhand for anything these days, although I haven't done Vagary on Blu, not that people normally bring Blu to vagary.
 Sylph.Oraen
Server: Sylph
user: Gaztastic
By Sylph.Oraen 2015-04-22 21:04:47
Link | Quote | Reply

They're missing out, then. With proper accuracy and a languor bubble (which will most likely be up anyways because of nukers), you can reliably stunlock the majority of NMs. Not to mention the crazy damage and utility offered by BLU.
 Asura.Failaras
user: Falaras
By Asura.Failaras 2015-04-22 21:10:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Most groups I know are either LS groups that run with low man numbers and only 2-3 Magic users as DDs, or pug groups that run with 18 people and only Blms, Schs, and Rngs for DDs. The optimized groups hardly even bring Sam anymore because Pld can self SC to pop the bosses.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2015-04-24 18:20:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Some real talk questions: Has anyone got any idea of where this guide could be relocated? Without compromising accessibility. Don't ask why, I won't answer. Just looking for suggestions.
 Ragnarok.Sekundes
By Ragnarok.Sekundes 2015-04-24 18:29:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Prothescar said: »
Some real talk questions: Has anyone got any idea of where this guide could be relocated? Without compromising accessibility. Don't ask why, I won't answer. Just looking for suggestions.
Like outside of AH? I think the primary concern would be item sets as they are fairly custom to this site. Outside of that you could technically form it in to some sort of google doc?
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2015-04-24 18:31:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Not concerned about the item sets, I can find ways around that. As long as the information is present somewhere to still be viewed and updated. Preferably, where people can continue asking questions.
 Ragnarok.Sekundes
By Ragnarok.Sekundes 2015-04-24 18:38:13
Link | Quote | Reply

I guess it'd almost have to be a forum then. I mean a wiki would work for pure storage with the benefits of links to items but talk pages are terrible for long term conversation, particularly if it expands to 173 pages.

BG forums?
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2015-04-24 18:42:59
Link | Quote | Reply

I'll do some research. For the time being it isn't going anywhere, but I have a very strong inclination toward having it elsewhere. I apologize in advanced to everyone who uses this thread and the guide regularly, but please believe me when I say I have my reasons, and I'd really rather not relinquish it over to someone else and keep my efforts here unless it becomes a dire circumstance.

Worse comes to worse, someone else will have to make a new one.
By Draylo 2015-04-24 18:45:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Just make a new thread on BG and keep that OP updated.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2015-04-24 18:45:49
Link | Quote | Reply

I'll check with the admins over there and see if a thread this big will be allowed.
 Leviathan.Remeo
Server: Leviathan
user: Cheetia
By Leviathan.Remeo 2015-04-26 11:03:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Finishing up Blu spell hunting and was doing Pyric Bulwark. Did Ninghshida in Aby-Grauberg a couple time and didn't get it. Went to ZRII and was fighting the NQ, it used Polar Bulwark only, never Pyric and I learned Pyric. Looking at the spell description, "Resists Physical Damage", it should be named Polar Bulwark. Is this new? None of the spell guides I looked at listed it as a mistranslation.
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
By Odin.Jassik 2015-04-26 11:21:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Remeo said: »
Finishing up Blu spell hunting and was doing Pyric Bulwark. Did Ninghshida in Aby-Grauberg a couple time and didn't get it. Went to ZRII and was fighting the NQ, it used Polar Bulwark only, never Pyric and I learned Pyric. Looking at the spell description, "Resists Physical Damage", it should be named Polar Bulwark. Is this new? None of the spell guides I looked at listed it as a mistranslation.

Known issue, the spell is labeled wrong.
 Cerberus.Sephrin
Server: Cerberus
user: xSephrinx
By Cerberus.Sephrin 2015-04-26 13:30:51
Link | Quote | Reply

So I've never done Meebles. I need to learn Thrashing Assault. Where should I start and can I solo it?
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2015-04-26 13:38:56
Link | Quote | Reply

The Associate Researcher path in Sauromugue has a bunch of meebles on expedition #3. That's the one I would recommend, and it's easily soloable. So are expeditions 1/2, and if you don't have the spell from maroliths yet you can farm it on expedition 2.

It's pre-Adoulin content, so bring a low D weapon along to feed TP at lower percents.

While we're talking about spells, where's a good place to find Dullahan? Atramentous Libations is the only non-UL spell I'm still missing.
First Page 2 3 ... 172 173 174 ... 445 446 447