Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Blue Mage » The Beast Within -- A Guide to Blue Mage
The Beast Within -- A Guide to Blue Mage
First Page 2 3 ... 166 167 168 ... 445 446 447
 Siren.Kyte
Server: Siren
Game: FFXI
By Siren.Kyte 2015-03-04 14:57:52
Link | Quote | Reply

The whole set (minus the legs) looked reasonably good if you wore different (non-tight) pants such as Homam, although I can see why someone wouldn't like the hat.

If you don't like how the hands look, then I don't know what to say.
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
Server: Odin
user: Jassik
By Odin.Jassik 2015-03-04 15:04:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Highwynn said: »
I can see most AF3 enhancing the 91-99 abilities, in BLU's case UL, maybe it'll let you cast 2 spells from the list. RDM's may enhance Spontaneityy, letting it last for 2 spells, Manawell...etc...

I'd imagine if they did do something like that, a piece of gear with crappy stats would give like a 10% chance to not consume the ability or lower the recast by 20 seconds. Now that there are more than 1 or 2 situational UL spells worth casting, SE won't let us have something like that.

Siren.Kyte said: »
The whole set looked reasonably good if you wore different (non-tight) pants such as Homam, although I can see why someone wouldn't like the hat.

If you don't like how the hands look, then I don't know what to say.

It was mostly the boots, but the body isn't particularly good looking on anything besides mithra's and hume's.
 Sylph.Hyunkyl
Server: Sylph
user: hyunkyl
By Sylph.Hyunkyl 2015-03-04 18:17:45
Link | Quote | Reply

I switched to a 2nd Uson B due to having too much plasm laying around and not wanting to spend mils on dual Claid since I'm working on Tizona, pretty happy with the results and it just costed 750k plasm (free from too much marjami spam) :P On another note, what are you putting on Telchine apart from Cure Potency?
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2015-03-04 18:42:13
Link | Quote | Reply

lockstyled mirage jubbah + homam cosciales > mavi anything
[+]
 Asura.Highwynn
Server: Asura
user: Highwynd
By Asura.Highwynn 2015-03-04 19:12:02
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm probably the only one who likes Mavi. The body looks cool, gives the image of like a scholarly or professional blue mage/sage or master of blue magic, rather than a blue mage footsoldier. The regal scarf and the silver chains and metallic bracers exemplify this, though i wish the boots were the same whiteness as the kaftan, like those boots are turbo white. The winged turban looks cooler than the weird bell thing that the other kaffeyihs have on the top.
 Sylph.Oraen
user: Gaztastic
By Sylph.Oraen 2015-03-04 21:46:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Hyunkyl said: »
I switched to a 2nd Uson B due to having too much plasm laying around and not wanting to spend mils on dual Claid since I'm working on Tizona, pretty happy with the results and it just costed 750k plasm (free from too much marjami spam) :P On another note, what are you putting on Telchine apart from Cure Potency?

If a piece has native macc, I toss some snowdims on there to aim for even more macc. Otherwise, I just drop a duskdim and hope for MND for stronger cures. Nothing else that I know of works too well for BLU.
By mortontony1 2015-03-04 22:01:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Would be pretty cool if conserve mp and cure pot didn't share a slot
user: Cptjoe
By Odin.Morgenstern 2015-03-04 22:07:55
Link | Quote | Reply

would a portus collar be worth considering, or would the loss of 3 stp outweigh 1 da? assuming tizona/uson B and the current tp set #1 on the first page.
 Sylph.Oraen
user: Gaztastic
By Sylph.Oraen 2015-03-04 22:09:32
Link | Quote | Reply

mortontony1 said: »
Would be pretty cool if conserve mp and cure pot didn't share a slot

I would love that, but, alas, it was not meant to be.

And I don't think Portus is that great anymore, particularly not with Tizona, where STP works even better than normal. Then again I'm horrid at the spreadsheet, so that's just eyeball math.
By Odin.Morgenstern 2015-03-04 22:12:27
Link | Quote | Reply

i'm not too great at the spreadsheets either. was mainly thinking about it when building to 3ktp if the stp doesn't reduce the attack rounds needed
 Leviathan.Stamos
Server: Leviathan
user: Stamos
By Leviathan.Stamos 2015-03-04 22:44:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Portus is a slight loss in each situation.
By Odin.Morgenstern 2015-03-04 22:54:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Stamos said: »
Portus is a slight loss in each situation.

alrighty thanks^^
 Sylph.Hyunkyl
user: hyunkyl
By Sylph.Hyunkyl 2015-03-05 17:32:20
Link | Quote | Reply

How big is the difference between 7 Str/dex or dex 10 on all Taeon pieces comoared to critical hit rate +3% augment?
By saphy 2015-03-06 10:29:15
Link | Quote | Reply

are the spell lists in OP up to date? reading back a few pages someone mentioned the 4 points for a trait was removed
By mortontony1 2015-03-06 13:47:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Anyone have any idea what a decent alternative to Epona's ring would be? I kind of got screwed over when it was time for Abyssea and still haven't gotten myself one. Currently using Rajas/Tyrant's. Or should I just /really/ /really/ go get that ring? DA/TA+3 just seem way too good and I feel awful for not getting it sooner.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
By Bloodrose 2015-03-06 14:04:10
Link | Quote | Reply

mortontony1 said: »
Anyone have any idea what a decent alternative to Epona's ring would be? I kind of got screwed over when it was time for Abyssea and still haven't gotten myself one. Currently using Rajas/Tyrant's. Or should I just /really/ /really/ go get that ring? DA/TA+3 just seem way too good and I feel awful for not getting it sooner.
Yes, you should feel awful. Even my mules and their mules have a ring!

Can be easily duo'd or solo'd if you know what you're doing, and have all Abyssea zone boss clears + Shinryu for 200k brews.
By mortontony1 2015-03-06 14:12:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Bloodrose said: »
Yes, you should feel awful. Even my mules and their mules have a ring!

/wrists/
Yeah suppose I'll start doing KIs for it now.
 Ragnarok.Sekundes
Server: Ragnarok
user: Sekundes
By Ragnarok.Sekundes 2015-03-06 16:28:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Don't even need a brew for it. If you wear resist gear you can very easily solo it and probably won't ever get charmed. Procing is the hardest part and you can just keep resetting it by confluxing til you get a proc you can do. Blu/war works pretty well so you get a wide range of procs.

I had to literally time my ws to her gimmick cure so I didn't kill her too fast and actually get a proc.
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
By Odin.Jassik 2015-03-06 16:55:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Even getting charmed is just an annoyance unless by some stroke of luck there's someone there to snag a yellow mob. Otherwise, I'd almost welcome being charmed just so she will regen some.
 Ragnarok.Sekundes
By Ragnarok.Sekundes 2015-03-06 17:48:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Jassik said: »
Even getting charmed is just an annoyance unless by some stroke of luck there's someone there to snag a yellow mob. Otherwise, I'd almost welcome being charmed just so she will regen some.
Unless she's procced already and then it's pretty annoying. ^^;
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
By Odin.Jassik 2015-03-06 17:49:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Sekundes said: »
Unless she's procced already and then it's pretty annoying. ^^;

Yeah, I just pop a fools and go to town at that point.
[+]
 Phoenix.Libbien
Server: Phoenix
user: Alttp
By Phoenix.Libbien 2015-03-06 21:48:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Random question and I'm sorry if it's been asked before, but what's the easiest path to get Thrashing Assault. I know next to nothing about Meeble Burrows and wasn't sure which zone/path to take to be able to fight meebles the fastest. Thanks in advance.
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
By Odin.Jassik 2015-03-06 22:08:14
Link | Quote | Reply

I just did assistant 3 and attacked the meebles. There's like 5 or 6 of them in there, bring your AF hands.
By mortontony1 2015-03-06 22:09:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Same one I did, though I have yet to get af hands. Only took 2 mobs for me.
 Ragnarok.Sekundes
By Ragnarok.Sekundes 2015-03-06 22:09:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Adjunct Expedition 1 in Batallia is the easiest to get to. It's a T1 so you don't have to do anything first.

There are 12 meebles in the area though you only have 15 minutes like most meebles fights.
 Phoenix.Libbien
Server: Phoenix
user: Alttp
By Phoenix.Libbien 2015-03-06 22:11:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks for the help, didn't want to spam a ton trying to find meebles.
By Christwo 2015-03-07 02:28:00
Link | Quote | Reply

I've gone through most of the last 90 pages of the thread and haven't seen any sets besides MAB sets. Can someone post what they are using for physical spells as the sets on the front page seem dated.
 Shiva.Zykei
Server: Shiva
user: Zykei
By Shiva.Zykei 2015-03-07 02:32:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Christwo said: »
I've gone through most of the last 90 pages of the thread and haven't seen any sets besides MAB sets. Can someone post what they are using for physical spells as the sets on the front page seem dated.

Front page looks pretty solid to me, maybe swap in Taeon pieces if you have 7-10~ STR/DEX 20acc/20atk augments.
By Christwo 2015-03-07 02:36:47
Link | Quote | Reply

I guess that's what I was asking because unless I'm completely wrong Taeon Head/Hands/Legs/Feet all seem better for TP and physical spells with the TA+ATT/ACC+STR/DEX augments. Obviously you need a fair amount of RNG to make that happen but that's what I figured.
First Page 2 3 ... 166 167 168 ... 445 446 447