First Page 2 3 ... 165 166 167 ... 445 446 447
 Ragnarok.Sekundes
Server: Ragnarok
Game: FFXI
user: Sekundes
By Ragnarok.Sekundes 2015-03-02 07:35:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Luloo said: »
Also any suggestion of ws sets after new skirmish?
I'd like to know this as well.
 Odin.Llewelyn
Server: Odin
user: Llewelyn
By Odin.Llewelyn 2015-03-02 11:12:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Full Taeon if you can manage to get ~7 DEX, acc&att +~15 and TA+2 on all pieces. Some pieces won't even need that much to be used in CDC.
 Asura.Failaras
Server: Asura
user: Falaras
By Asura.Failaras 2015-03-02 11:17:40
Link | Quote | Reply

How does DEX stand up to Crit Damage or WSD? I'm too lazy to make multiple Taeon pieces and was planning to do Crit Damage for my dusk slot for TP.
 Siren.Kyte
Server: Siren
By Siren.Kyte 2015-03-02 11:23:10
Link | Quote | Reply

WSD doesn't fair too well on a multi-hit.
 Odin.Llewelyn
By Odin.Llewelyn 2015-03-02 11:32:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Only bothered checking 1 piece (head). The little I played around with it showed my 7 STR 7 DEX head pulling ahead of a 3% Crit Dmg head, but only if you're fighting something where fSTR is relevant. On lower level targets, you'd need DEX+10 to beat Crit Dmg 3%. On higher level targets, either a STR6-7+DEX6-7 or DEX9-10 head will be needed to beat Crit Dmg 3%. Even under those strict conditions, the DEX is lovely for contributing to your dDEX. Obviously, small things will change these results up a bit, but in my opinion I'd go for either the STR+DEX or high DEX option.

Didn't check WSD 'cause I don't expect it to compete at all.
 Asura.Failaras
user: Falaras
By Asura.Failaras 2015-03-02 11:51:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Llewelyn said: »
Only bothered checking 1 piece (head). The little I played around with it showed my 7 STR 7 DEX head pulling ahead of a 3% Crit Dmg head, but only if you're fighting something where fSTR is relevant. On lower level targets, you'd need DEX+10 to beat Crit Dmg 3%. On higher level targets, either a STR6-7+DEX6-7 or DEX9-10 head will be needed to beat Crit Dmg 3%. Even under those strict conditions, the DEX is lovely for contributing to your dDEX. Obviously, small things will change these results up a bit, but in my opinion I'd go for either the STR+DEX or high DEX option.

Didn't check WSD 'cause I don't expect it to compete at all.
Interesting I didn't even realize that you could get a split STR/DEX augment since I've been using Duskslits instead of Tips. I didn't expect WSD to compete either but you never know, it's not like WSD is completely worthless even with only working on the first hit. Thanks.
 Sylph.Oraen
Server: Sylph
user: Gaztastic
By Sylph.Oraen 2015-03-02 23:56:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Has anybody seen above DA+4 on one hand weapons? The JP wiki is reporting a cap of 4, and I'm starting to believe them, as I'm just unable to go past 4 DA for Claid. If that is the case, how will the loss of DA affect Claid's superiority over Uson? I wish I wasn't inept with the spreadsheet, or knew how to properly update it with our most recent gear so I wouldn't have to harass all of you.

Apologies for constantly spamming with questions about the sword hierarchy. I just want to build the absolute best possible for BLU. Thanks in advance for any assistance, everyone.
 Leviathan.Stamos
Server: Leviathan
user: Stamos
By Leviathan.Stamos 2015-03-03 02:48:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Claid/Uson Path B with +15 dmg, 4 da, 15 acc/attack with Tojil as target with one mad, one march, and minuet + RCB comes in at 645.156 DPS

Uson/Uson both path B in the same situation(switching from tripudio to trux) comes in at 636.322

And just because Tizona/Uson path B with AM3 up comes in at 674.538
 Odin.Brocovich
user: Brocovich
By Odin.Brocovich 2015-03-03 07:13:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Stamos said: »
Claid/Uson Path B with +15 dmg, 4 da, 15 acc/attack with Tojil as target with one mad, one march, and minuet + RCB comes in at 645.156 DPS

Uson/Uson both path B in the same situation(switching from tripudio to trux) comes in at 636.322

And just because Tizona/Uson path B with AM3 up comes in at 674.538

What about Almace/Uson?
 Ragnarok.Sekundes
By Ragnarok.Sekundes 2015-03-03 07:42:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Kinda wish the spreadsheets had a "settings code" or something you could plug into your own sheet and it would change them all to those values. Be a lot easier if we could say "Set A wins vs Set B in situation GBX7RDX9".

I'm not nearly good enough with excel to make that though.
 Leviathan.Stamos
By Leviathan.Stamos 2015-03-03 08:18:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Switched to Serac Rabbits and put Bream sushi instead of RCB. Same buffs

Claid/Uson B = 856.585
Uson B/Uson B = 827.742
Tizona/Uson B with AM3 up = 885.979
Almace/Uson B with AM1 up = 846.260

And redoing Tojil with fixed gear. Plus, back to RCB for Tojil:

Claid/Uson B = 652.755
Uson B/Uson B = 638.595
Tizona/Uson B with AM3 up = 679.540
Almace/Uson B with AM1 up = 649.285

Claid + Almace mainhand use Tripudio

Tizona + Uson B mainhand use Trux
 Leviathan.Stamos
By Leviathan.Stamos 2015-03-03 08:27:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Sekundes said: »
Kinda wish the spreadsheets had a "settings code" or something you could plug into your own sheet and it would change them all to those values. Be a lot easier if we could say "Set A wins vs Set B in situation GBX7RDX9".

I'm not nearly good enough with excel to make that though.

Yeah. There is a lot of gear tweaks depending on what you're fighting. Like, Taeon Chapeau crushes Iuitl +1 on say Tojil/Serac Rabbits. But, say going down to Raaz Iuitl wins by a little. That is with Taeon augments +18 attack/acc/+2 Ta

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Ragnarok.Sekundes
By Ragnarok.Sekundes 2015-03-03 17:22:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Nikia said: »
Is there an updated BLU Spreadsheet floating around anywhere?
The one I have been using is from Oct and I am not sure how to update the formulas for CDC, etc. Can add gear all day long but no idea how to do the new gifts and such.
Thanks
That was the last update Mot did for them. I thought I recall hearing that he kinda fell off BG, XI and AH all around november of last year. Not really sure where he went. Hope he's alright.
 Siren.Kyte
Server: Siren
By Siren.Kyte 2015-03-03 17:43:01
Link | Quote | Reply

obviously he's dead

How to update the spreadsheet: You go to the tab that has all the weaponskills and their respective mods and fTPs and update them according to the data that's currently on BGWiki (which should be up-to-date). In the case of CDC, I think you just need to change the "fTP transfer?" column to a "1."
 Sylph.Oraen
By Sylph.Oraen 2015-03-03 22:41:16
Link | Quote | Reply

So, would pure stats or crit damage be superior for Taeon augments for CDC? I have 7/7 STR/DEX for feet, body, and hands, and 17+ acc/atk on each piece. On the legs, would we be alright with str/dex or should we shoot for pure DEX to overtake Manibozho? Same thing for head in comparison to Uk' with a dex augment.

I've been looking at the head, and I've been wondering if crit hit rate over TA would be superior. That would put us at a total of 5% on the head alone.
 Odin.Llewelyn
By Odin.Llewelyn 2015-03-04 01:31:17
Link | Quote | Reply

It'll vary, but I'd stick with STR/DEX. They're both fairly close and switch spots depending on the situation (STR7/DEX7 pulling ahead majority of the time), but if the DEX is putting you in the sweet spot of dDEX it'll destroy Crit Damage. As for your question about head/legs, your Taeon should beat a DEX Uk'uxkaj and Manibozho assuming you also have 2 TA on them. Didn't specify.
[+]
 Sylph.Oraen
By Sylph.Oraen 2015-03-04 02:24:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Sorry, I should have specified. 2 TA on every piece, as well as 17 acc/atk. I just need to work on the stats for legs/head. Would you recommend pure 10 DEX for legs/head to compensate for the loss of dex from other pieces or would STR/DEX be superior?

Thanks for all the help, by the way. I've never been great at damage calculations.
 Odin.Llewelyn
By Odin.Llewelyn 2015-03-04 02:44:13
Link | Quote | Reply

STR/DEX. DEX10 would be better when you're either fighting low level content or are getting massively buffed enough to cap ratio on higher level content, but in addition to STR/DEX being better in what is in my opinion the more realistic scenario for most people, it also gains use for WSs with STR mods like Expiacion, Savage Blade or, if you play other jobs, Victory Smite and such.
[+]
 Sylph.Oraen
By Sylph.Oraen 2015-03-04 03:07:17
Link | Quote | Reply

I figured that would have been the better option, but I wanted to make sure. I do have other jobs, but I haven't touched MNK in at least 4 months. It's been BLU ONRY since CDC changes. That and I just frickin love the job. Thanks a ton for all the help. Looks like I know what I'm spending my money on for a bit.
 Ragnarok.Sekundes
By Ragnarok.Sekundes 2015-03-04 07:30:10
Link | Quote | Reply

So we can use taeon with TA +2, STR/DEX +7 and ATT/ACC +20 for both TP and WS? That'll save me a lot of money.
 Ragnarok.Luloo
user: Lulo
By Ragnarok.Luloo 2015-03-04 07:58:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh well lot of money sounds like an euphemism, ive been spending tons of gils without getting those augments on dusk and snow. Also im kinda scared of new empyrean reforge...
 Sylph.Oraen
By Sylph.Oraen 2015-03-04 12:03:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Unless they make some drastic improvements to our AF3, I don't see them being very important. Our Empyrean set was absolute garbage in comparison to other DDs. Seriously, just look at Mavi side-by-side with Raider's or Tantra or Iga. We had no multi-attack, no STP, no DW, we didn't even have any attack bonuses, and we got completely robbed of even basic stats. It was literally just accuracy and haste, and 7 sword skill. The legs might be decent for some native DEX and more blue magic skill, but I have exceptionally low hopes for any of the other pieces.
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
user: Jassik
By Odin.Jassik 2015-03-04 12:08:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Oraen said: »
Unless they make some drastic improvements to our AF3, I don't see them being very important. Our Empyrean set was absolute garbage in comparison to other DDs. Seriously, just look at Mavi side-by-side with Raider's or Tantra or Iga. We had no multi-attack, no STP, no DW, we didn't even have any attack bonuses, and we got completely robbed of even basic stats. It was literally just accuracy and haste, and 7 sword skill. The legs might be decent for some native DEX and more blue magic skill, but I have exceptionally low hopes for any of the other pieces.

The head could be a pretty solid accuracy TP piece if it gets some multi-attack and scaled up stats. The feet will almost certainly be a solid nuking piece, body will remain the best precast piece for BLU magic, possibly get other uses, and the hands could be a dynamite added effect/recast piece if they get Macc or BLU skill on them.

I'm optimistic about the set, it probably won't be OMFG BiS 5/5 good, but at least a few pieces will be very good for their respective uses.

PS. I am secretly hoping it sucks so I don't have to look at it or change the .dats again.
 Sylph.Oraen
By Sylph.Oraen 2015-03-04 12:12:04
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm probably just being too pessimistic. Just comparing the set to others shows how little they gave us originally. Like you said, if they make some good improvements, they could fill some roles well. It would be great to have an ilvl precast body.

Odin.Jassik said: »
PS. I am secretly hoping it sucks so I don't have to look at it or change the .dats again.

Did you not like our Ultimate Chef hat with wings? Or our stripper knee-highs and tights? They were so amazing, though. /s
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
user: Jassik
By Odin.Jassik 2015-03-04 12:18:11
Link | Quote | Reply

the hat is the one piece I actually liked the look of, though, not as well as the AF/Relic hats.
 Sylph.Oraen
By Sylph.Oraen 2015-03-04 12:26:59
Link | Quote | Reply

I actually will admit to liking the hat, even though it still reminds me of a chef hat. I just couldn't get past everything else.
 Ragnarok.Luloo
user: Lulo
By Ragnarok.Luloo 2015-03-04 14:29:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Guys seriously before my brain and my wallet turns into pudding, getting a >15 att >15 acc with snowslit requires +2s?? Or +1s can do the job? HELP
 Odin.Llewelyn
By Odin.Llewelyn 2015-03-04 14:32:35
Link | Quote | Reply

+1s are fine. Even NQs can, but I've had terrible luck with NQs getting me any decent augments on anything so +1s are my go-to.
 Asura.Highwynn
user: Highwynd
By Asura.Highwynn 2015-03-04 14:45:14
Link | Quote | Reply

I can see most AF3 enhancing the 91-99 abilities, in BLU's case UL, maybe it'll let you cast 2 spells from the list. RDM's may enhance Spontaneityy, letting it last for 2 spells, Manawell...etc...
First Page 2 3 ... 165 166 167 ... 445 446 447