New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Blue Mage » The Beast Within -- A Guide to Blue Mage
The Beast Within -- A Guide to Blue Mage
First Page 2 3 ... 144 145 146 ... 445 446 447
By Jetackuu 2014-12-16 17:25:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Pretty sure that it ignores defense, but I may be wrong on that.

Where's one of the game's # crunchers?
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
Server: Odin
Game: FFXI
user: Jassik
By Odin.Jassik 2014-12-16 17:29:21
Link | Quote | Reply

The damage for Grudge is 5x tonberries killed... Everyone's rancor is 50x. And, yeah, DEF at least has no effect, though things like Phalanx/SS/-DT should.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Sekundes
Server: Ragnarok
user: Sekundes
By Ragnarok.Sekundes 2014-12-16 18:52:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Just let your trusts fight them. They can tank and feed tp while you wait for them to use the right one. If it rancors, whatever, recall and move on.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Luloo
user: Lulo
By Ragnarok.Luloo 2014-12-17 05:18:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Just wanted to share some g
funny stuff. Parsed first with 33% dmg over 3 sams (second position koga sam with 22% including scs) in a 12 people incursion 128 mega boss. Ty SE.
By Xavierr 2014-12-17 09:14:41
Link | Quote | Reply

How does Khepri Jacket with 5% WSD look now for BLU weaponskills? I know SE changed CDC to all hits now and wondering if they may have changed the 5% from first hit to all hits.
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
By Odin.Jassik 2014-12-17 09:22:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Xavierr said: »
How does Khepri Jacket with 5% WSD look now for BLU weaponskills? I know SE changed CDC to all hits now and wondering if they may have changed the 5% from first hit to all hits.

Weaponskill damage only affects the first hit, even if the fTP is mirrored.
 Ragnarok.Sekundes
user: Sekundes
By Ragnarok.Sekundes 2014-12-17 09:25:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Xavierr said: »

The change that was made was to make fTP transfer to all hits of the ws. This change will not change how WSD gear affects the ws. There isn't anything in the update notes that would make me think that they changed this. As far as I am aware, it still only affects the first hit.
By Nazrious 2014-12-17 09:28:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Luloo said: »
Just wanted to share some g
funny stuff. Parsed first with 33% dmg over 3 sams (second position koga sam with 22% including scs) in a 12 people incursion 128 mega boss. Ty SE.

You know som1 was trying to push the "You were not pulling hate and losing your weapon" excuse.

Side note: Has anyone noticed a weird "Slow" effect when doing ARKE the UNM terror bird in Saur. Champ.?

It does not show up as a debuff but its noticable visually and via parse. Its not missing either, acc is fine, its no da/ta/etc procs and like haste is not on.
By rhix 2014-12-17 12:06:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Highwynn said: »
I wonder if SE is gonna scale back some of the changes a tad(mostly rudra). While thf should compete in the realm of 2h dd jobs, i dont think dnc should be considered in the same rank of dd as 2handers, rng and thf. Only because dnc can heal/remove ailments/tank/debuff/haste/stun, etc. while blu can do all of these too, cdc isnt doing 30k+ haha. But seriously war and mnk pretty much only have damage, so it should kind of be their speciality, otherwise make chakra a 30s recast and triple its potency and give WAR a aoe haste ability.

I totally agree that jobs that can only DD should be marginally better at doing it than the jobs that can dabble in it all, but I think there is a decent offset to it in that a DNC can't really waltz and also DD well in any given fight. In order to waltz, they have to cancel sabre dance, and wait for the cooldown before putting it back up, which pretty much crushes damage output. On top of that, waltz uses TP in place of your weaponskills, so you're choosing to take on a different role instead of a damage role by waltzing (and of course there is the delay). I think the buff to Rudra's (and other ws) makes this decision, and the difference in damage even bigger, because in order to waltz, you sacrifice TP for the massive Rudra's hit, and also lose your double attack that's even more important now than before.

I think BLU is super versatile as well, and although it may be a hair behind DNC right now in damage, it's still at the top so no worries. I also think it's more versatile as a DD mid-fight because you can slot and cast something like magic fruit or white wind for a fight without having to change your role entirely. All you do is quickly cast, but you still have all of your TP and buffs afterwards. Basically DNC can only excel if they focus, and I think BLU can put out damage and have wiggle room.

Well that's the opinion of a generally casual player of all three of the lucky jobs. I like where THF is right now, because I might just use my THF for more than TH, but I do agree they should keep a place at the top of the DD options since they aren't as versatile. I'm pretty sure we're just going to see each job take it's turn though with each monthly update.
By Nazrious 2014-12-17 22:25:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Would Mab or int do more for Subduction? namely looking at belt and there are some 6/7 int option but also like Aswang which has 3 MAB.
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
By Odin.Jassik 2014-12-17 22:54:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Nazrious said: »
Would Mab or int do more for Subduction? namely looking at belt and there are some 6/7 int option but also like Aswang which has 3 MAB.

MAB unless using Burst Affinity, then INT.
 Siren.Kyte
Server: Siren
By Siren.Kyte 2014-12-17 23:44:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Burst Affinity doesn't make MAB relatively worse versus INT on Subduction (in fact it actually does the opposite, albeit to minor degree).
By Nazrious 2014-12-17 23:53:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Follow up is 1775 subduction on gears is Salvage2 AR standard? S3ems I was hitting that 95% of the time with an odd ball low and sometimes slightly higher on 1 or 2 gears.

Alternating Sub and frypan if the get close. with a whirl per group keeps my hp and mp in the Safety zone without having to pause.
By fractalvoid 2014-12-17 23:56:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Can easily hit 3500+ in correct gear, with the random one or two getting an occasional resist.

Code
{ammo="Erlene's Notebook",
			      head="Hagondes hat +1",neck="Eddy necklace",ear1="Novio earring",ear2="Friomisi earring",
			      body="Hagondes coat +1",hands="hagondes cuffs +1",ring1="Shiva Ring +1",ring2="Shiva Ring +1",
			      back="Cornflower cape",waist="Yamabuki-no-Obi",legs="Hagondes pants +1",feet="Hagondes Sabots +1"}

2x Path A Gabaxorea
 Valefor.Ophannus
Server: Valefor
user: Ophannus
By Valefor.Ophannus 2014-12-21 14:49:32
Link | Quote | Reply

I think gears take less damage from magic. I always got low subduction and sanguine blades on them.
 Sylph.Oraen
Server: Sylph
user: Gaztastic
By Sylph.Oraen 2014-12-21 15:18:01
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm not positive, but I think they do, just not a large amount. I normally hit around 3.1k on them with my current set, while I can get around 3.4-3.5k on other targets. Or maybe it does have something to do with the amount of mobs on which you use subduction. It's just personal experience, but I could swear that the damage goes down when cleaving too many things at once.
 Quetzalcoatl.Kainstryder
Server: Quetzalcoatl
By Quetzalcoatl.Kainstryder 2014-12-21 15:21:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Pretty certain they just resist wind. They take full damage from Sanguine Blade, but ramparts 1/2 resist it all the time.

If you use thunder spells, you'll notice a massive resist, but ice spells like Polar Roar fully land.
 Valefor.Ophannus
Server: Valefor
user: Ophannus
By Valefor.Ophannus 2014-12-21 15:31:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Makes sense given their aggro range increases during wind weather. I would have associated them with Light or Thunder elements though given their TP moves, though I guess Antigravity is a wind attack...
 Sylph.Oraen
By Sylph.Oraen 2014-12-21 15:49:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Hmm interesting, I expected light as well. As long as I kill a group of gears in 3, I'm happy, though.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Carbuncle.Kaelthas
Server: Carbuncle
By Carbuncle.Kaelthas 2014-12-21 18:08:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Nikia said: »
With WS update does SoA WS+3% ring look better than FC+5% or no?
Someone said the augment on Kheper/khepri jacket (WS dmg+4-5) only affects the first hit on the WS, so on that basis i'd assume the 3% is only on the first hit too. Personally i'd go for the FC+5%, but it's upto you.
 Cerberus.Conagh
Server: Cerberus
user: onagh
By Cerberus.Conagh 2014-12-21 19:13:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Stat rings on Multihits generally win.

on STR WS single hit IFRIT RING +1 win if attack isn't cappped (barely)
 Sylph.Oraen
By Sylph.Oraen 2014-12-21 19:28:24
Link | Quote | Reply

For subduction, would HQ Fenrir or HQ Shiva be better choices? I'm still clueless when it comes to magic damage as a stat.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
By Nazrious 2014-12-22 08:43:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Nikia said: »
Sylph.Oraen said: »
For subduction, would HQ Fenrir or HQ Shiva be better choices? I'm still clueless when it comes to magic damage as a stat.

Shiva +1

Even for things where your int is severly higher than targets?

Gears for example.
 Asura.Vinedrius
Server: Asura
user: Devrom
By Asura.Vinedrius 2014-12-22 12:32:31
Link | Quote | Reply

I remember people saying magic damage+ affect physical spells too but I tried dual clubs with dart and they dont seem to do anything. Was it ninja fixed or am I imagining things?
 Siren.Kyte
Server: Siren
By Siren.Kyte 2014-12-22 17:11:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Those people were brain HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE.
[+]
 Asura.Highwynn
Server: Asura
user: Highwynd
By Asura.Highwynn 2014-12-23 01:17:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Maybe they meant ilvl, which gives some kind of untested damage bonus blu spells.
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
By Odin.Jassik 2014-12-23 01:19:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Mdmg+ should affect blu nukes, but not physical spells. Since magic damage and magic attack aren't used in the calculations for physical spells, they should have no effect on them, likewise for physical attributes having no effect on magical spells.

I can see why people could think they would, as BLU spells are treated strange in some cases, physical spells not working on magic immune mobs, specific damage types not being treated right on some mobs or RoE objectives, etc.
 Ragnarok.Worldslost
By Ragnarok.Worldslost 2014-12-23 02:03:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Vinedrius said: »
I remember people saying magic damage+ affect physical spells too but I tried dual clubs with dart and they dont seem to do anything. Was it ninja fixed or am I imagining things?
Odin.Jassik said: »
Mdmg+ should affect blu nukes, but not physical spells. Since magic damage and magic attack aren't used in the calculations for physical spells, they should have no effect on them, likewise for physical attributes having no effect on magical spells.

I can see why people could think they would, as BLU spells are treated strange in some cases, physical spells not working on magic immune mobs, specific damage types not being treated right on some mobs or RoE objectives, etc.

Maybe they were talking MAcc for secondary effects on spell and confused the two.
First Page 2 3 ... 144 145 146 ... 445 446 447