Phoenix.Phaeon
Server: Phoenix
Game: FFXI
user: Phaeon
By Phoenix.Phaeon 2014-09-15 10:20:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Sehachan said: »
Pixie hairpin+1 I'm sure.
I was considering that, but getting ~+25 MAB on Hagondes hat +1 isn't unreasonable (and only needs 15 to get to 28), and it has stat mods to boot. Unless being specific to dark elemental magic has some kind of hidden additional boost I'm unaware of?
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
Server: Odin
user: Jassik
By Odin.Jassik 2014-09-15 10:27:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Phaeon said: »
Pixie hairpin+1 I'm sure.
I was considering that, but getting ~+25 MAB on Hagondes hat +1 isn't unreasonable (and only needs 15 to get to 28), and it has stat mods to boot. Unless being specific to dark elemental magic has some kind of hidden additional boost I'm unaware of?

Hagondes has less INT, but you would probably already be carrying it. Pixie is better unless you have ~25 MAB on hagondes, but it's a pretty small tradeoff.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Server: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2014-09-15 10:28:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Pixie is affinity, not simple mab. All gear that has element mab+ is actually affinity. Same as Archon ring.
[+]
 Sylph.Hyunkyl
Server: Sylph
user: hyunkyl
By Sylph.Hyunkyl 2014-09-15 19:55:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Well pretty happy with my 192 (16 characters x 12) Wailing stones +1 augments, managed to get +21 MAB augment on Hagondes hat +1, +17 MAB augment on body +1, +13 MAB on hands +1 and +15 MAB on legs +1 :P Gonna have to test Sanguine Blade and Subduction now :P
 Asura.Lokimaru
Server: Asura
user: Rocketpop
By Asura.Lokimaru 2014-09-16 03:05:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Sorry to bother again, but I need some gear advice (or an actual set, I guess).

Currently plowing through wildkeeper reives for gear and buying up the bayld/sparks stuff, I made a set I think works for my TP phase but I was wondering if any other BLUs had input on a TP set that doesn't have delve/skirmish/incursion gear. Thanks.

Edit way later: This is what I'm using right now. Thoughts?

ItemSet 328441

Using Eminent Scimitar for mainhand outside of Reives.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2014-09-16 03:13:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Pixie is affinity, not simple mab. All gear that has element mab+ is actually affinity. Same as Archon ring.

this. pixie hairpin+1 is indisputably BiS. for what it does, it's extremely cheap.
[+]
 Phoenix.Phaeon
By Phoenix.Phaeon 2014-09-16 09:32:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Prothescar said: »

this. pixie hairpin+1 is indisputably BiS. for what it does, it's extremely cheap.
I see, thanks to both of you for clarifying.

Any other new gear of note for that WS?

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2014-09-16 15:42:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Affinity is multiplied separetely from mab, which is why it's so powerful. Pixie should be 2.40 and Archon 1.30.
[+]
 Fenrir.Mefuki
Server: Fenrir
user: Mefuki
By Fenrir.Mefuki 2014-09-16 16:26:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Wait, I'm confused now. Based on this post by Byrth,

Melisseus Staff

the affinity calculation happens after the MAB calculation and is just a straight percentage increase. Question is: is that right? Say, you did a 5000 Sanguine Blade, I question how likely it is for SE to release a single piece of gear that gives an additional 1400 damage. Seems kind of overpowered.
 Siren.Kyte
Server: Siren
By Siren.Kyte 2014-09-16 16:32:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Archon Ring+Pixe is a 33% increase after everything else. So if you did a 5k Sanguine Blade before putting items in those two slots, it would become 6650. They're confusing items that actually say +1 affinity, +2 affinity, etc with these weird notMAB items.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2014-09-16 16:32:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah I probably confused with the wording that says straight affinity+.

So I suppose Pixie is just 1.28 and Archon 1.05.
 Sylph.Gobbo
user: Gobbo
By Sylph.Gobbo 2014-09-16 21:08:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Pixie Hairpin +1 is almost the equivalent of equipping an Atma of the Cosmos that also gives 27 INT lol.
 Leviathan.Draylo
Server: Leviathan
user: Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2014-09-16 23:12:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Got up to +10 so far ;o

[+]
 Bismarck.Stanislav
Server: Bismarck
user: daNpwr
By Bismarck.Stanislav 2014-09-16 23:16:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Draylo said: »
Got up to +10 so far ;o

Phoenix.Phaeon
By Phoenix.Phaeon 2014-09-17 13:11:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Lokimaru said: »
Sorry to bother again, but I need some gear advice (or an actual set, I guess).

Currently plowing through wildkeeper reives for gear and buying up the bayld/sparks stuff, I made a set I think works for my TP phase but I was wondering if any other BLUs had input on a TP set that doesn't have delve/skirmish/incursion gear. Thanks.

Edit way later: This is what I'm using right now. Thoughts?

ItemSet 328441

Using Eminent Scimitar for mainhand outside of Reives.
Well I'm not a BLU expert, but no one else seems to be answering, so my advice would be thus:

If you have a decent amount of money, you can start reforging AF and Relic gear. Farm or buy forgotten items, sparks for pages, buy or use login points for upgrades; you can get level 109 armor for really cheap now, and 119 isn't too bad either. 119 AF feet and Relic body at the least. Money is probably easier to get than invites to high-level content at the moment, so I'd probably start here.

That being said, Skirmish really isn't that hard. Shout for a Yorcia Weald party, get 3-4 mages and another DD or two, it shouldn't be hard even with sparks or bayld gear. That'll give you the base Skirmish gear, and from there you just need to do some Ra'Kaznar skirmishes until you can upgrade them. Might be a little harder to get a party for that, but as long as you have one or more people who have done it before it should be easy to beat some of the low tiers. Probably.
 Sylph.Hyunkyl
By Sylph.Hyunkyl 2014-09-18 14:35:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Would twilight cape beat Cornflower Cape in dark weather areas?
By Nazrious 2014-09-18 20:27:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Nazrious said: »
Cerberus.Doctorugh said: »
Ive been working on a few different "X-hit" builds to optimize the high delay/ high damage club.

This is the best I've come up with, without the use of DNC or /DNC

I used the same fictious mob (150AGI/VIT, 800 def) as on previous page for direct comparison. Assuming capped MAGIC delay, zerk and red curry.

Melee (8-hit build) (Sharur: acc 15, STP6) (Xia: STP 5/OAT)
ItemSet 328048

STR 206 (fSTR 15)
DEX 212 (crit 25%)
Base att 875/814
Ratio (after zerk/curry/crit) 1.81/1.72
Avg Damage 360.2/225.3

Multiattack ratio 1.5442/1.7762 = 1.66 AVG
Avg damage per melee attack (after factoring attack ratio of each weapon) = 288.4
White damage per WS round (x8) = 2307

WS damage: 5451 (a little less than sharx2 set up from previous page)

Time per WS round :
Delay [(240+352/2) x 0.2/60s / 1.66]x8 +2 (WS delay)= 6.755sec

DPS (2307+5451)/6.755s = 1148 DPS

Obviously this set has less acc 909/899, but would seem to be ideal for Delve 1 content and below.

There is a setup with DNC main (haste samba 10) where you can push the DPS to 1315, but ill forego post that for that moment.

I find if running delve content especially if expected to solo / prep anything Thaumas doesn't hold up like Qaax Harness. What defensive spells u thinking of setting to compensate?

Have you messed around with this at all since we got STP III? Has anyone tried Shar off hand or even a Uson/bura X hit build?
By Firebrandt 2014-09-19 10:41:43
Link | Quote | Reply

I hate to even ask, but I have been thinking of leveling BLU for fun. Its currently at level 9 (I played around with it after release then never picked it back up).

If I Abyssea my way to 99, what low-level spells are still worthwhile to get? I currently have Pollen, Footkick, and Wild Oats...
 Ragnarok.Masamonae
Server: Ragnarok
user: Masamonae
By Ragnarok.Masamonae 2014-09-19 10:59:46
Link | Quote | Reply

I know this doesn't answer your question exactly, but my opinion is to get all the spells 1-30, then burn to 99. After that, focus on learning the spells required for your main build (probably the ones for DW, DA/TA, TH, STP, etc). Also make sure to get the BLU AF hands at the very least- they do help a lot with learning off mobs. Again, I know its kinda vague but I'm hoping it points you in the right direction.
 Sylph.Hyunkyl
By Sylph.Hyunkyl 2014-09-19 11:13:56
Link | Quote | Reply

So hiearchy for CDC belt is Windbuffet +1, Chiner's belt +1, Wanion? With Elemental belt if needing acc?
 Cerberus.Doctorugh
Server: Cerberus
user: Doctorugh
By Cerberus.Doctorugh 2014-09-19 18:32:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Doctorugh said: »
Ive been working on a few different "X-hit" builds to optimize the high delay/ high damage club.

This is the best I've come up with, without the use of DNC or /DNC

I used the same fictious mob (150AGI/VIT, 800 def) as on previous page for direct comparison. Assuming capped MAGIC delay, zerk and red curry.

Melee (8-hit build) (Sharur: acc 15, STP6) (Xia: STP 5/OAT)
ItemSet 328048

STR 206 (fSTR 15)
DEX 212 (crit 25%)
Base att 875/814
Ratio (after zerk/curry/crit) 1.81/1.72
Avg Damage 360.2/225.3

Multiattack ratio 1.5442/1.7762 = 1.66 AVG
Avg damage per melee attack (after factoring attack ratio of each weapon) = 288.4
White damage per WS round (x8) = 2307

WS damage: 5451 (a little less than sharx2 set up from previous page)

Time per WS round :
Delay [(240+352/2) x 0.2/60s / 1.66]x8 +2 (WS delay)= 6.755sec

DPS (2307+5451)/6.755s = 1148 DPS

Obviously this set has less acc 909/899, but would seem to be ideal for Delve 1 content and below.

There is a setup with DNC main (haste samba 10) where you can push the DPS to 1315, but ill forego post that for that moment.

I find if running delve content especially if expected to solo / prep anything Thaumas doesn't hold up like Qaax Harness. What defensive spells u thinking of setting to compensate?

Have you messed around with this at all since we got STP III? Has anyone tried Shar off hand or even a Uson/bura X hit build?

I have a little. 5hit+WS, DW Big Club (w/e they are calling it now) is pretty ez to pull off. Swords don't work the same way due to low delay (more melee hits) and a WS that isn't quite as strong. The balance on DW sword damage will be more like 45% white/55% WS. The club build above is 30/70 and DW big club is 22/78. When you can pull back 30+ tp on the WS itself (high delay with stp), it makes it that much quicker to the next WS (think SAM delve weapon).

Hopefully that makes some sense. The higher the damage of the WS is in comparison to the "white" or melee damage, the more useful a low hit build will be.
 Ragnarok.Afania
user: Afania
By Ragnarok.Afania 2014-09-21 14:58:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Fasaga said: »
How does it feel to have a mythic and still need to be spoon fed info on how to effectively play your job?
I'd be glad that someone with a mythic actually bothers to inform themselves to make better use of it.

Kinda late but just sharing some opinion about this matter....I use spreadsheet/do math/come up with new ideas about how to play my jobs fairly often, but even then it's fairly easy to miss certain gears in specific situations just because there are so many gears to choose from....it never hurt to confirm and listen to other's opinion.

Further more, asking questions on the forum helps others to play better as well. Nikia asked a very good question which not just benefits himself but everyone else who's reading the forum as well. I don't think mythic owners deserved to be bashed like that for asking questions just because he has da mythic.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Gekuz
user: Gekuz
By Ragnarok.Gekuz 2014-09-21 15:23:20
Link | Quote | Reply

excuse me i've seen in 3d that often ppl spoke about fSTR but how do i know if my fSTR is capped or not? from wikia i've understood that this parameter change depending on what monster i'm fighting... does exist an excel file or a calculator where i can check if my sets are fine or not?
By WhiteLighter 2014-09-21 17:34:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Ne1 have a good set up to go after for like the new WoE surge to use to hit the mob and stay alive long enough to get good evaluations
By oyama 2014-09-22 11:56:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Glutinous Dart, Harden Shell, Barrier Tusk, /rdm buffs, DT equip sets. Swap in and out as needed. I occasionally engage regular mobs if there are enough people that I won't eat too many tp moves before it dies, but I just stand back and Dart the boss(es). A Xiutleato augmented with Yorcia DT- buffs in the offhand is also quite a good DT piece as well as having fantastic stats for Dart.
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
Server: Odin
user: Jassik
By Odin.Jassik 2014-09-22 12:07:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Hyunkyl said: »
Would twilight cape beat Cornflower Cape in dark weather areas?

Depends how much MAB you have on elsewhere, but twilight cape very rarely beats cornflower with average gear because you're forced to use obi as well. Though, I haven't looked at it in quite a while.

Ragnarok.Gekuz said: »
excuse me i've seen in 3d that often ppl spoke about fSTR but how do i know if my fSTR is capped or not? from wikia i've understood that this parameter change depending on what monster i'm fighting... does exist an excel file or a calculator where i can check if my sets are fine or not?

Unless you're willing to do the long math, you're forced to play around in the spreadsheet by adding str manually and seeing if the results change. The stats of many mobs are known pretty precisely, others are just educated guesses based on level/family/job. You probably aren't capping fSTR on anything besides fodder, though.
 Asura.Lokimaru
Server: Asura
user: Rocketpop
By Asura.Lokimaru 2014-09-23 21:51:13
Link | Quote | Reply

One simple question!

How about a priority order for reforging armor? AF and relic.

I'm searching through it all but having trouble figuring out what to do first. I did do Assimilator's Jubbah cuz I had the +1 magus already.

Thanks in advance. ~.~
 Sylph.Hyunkyl
By Sylph.Hyunkyl 2014-09-24 06:33:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Any info/advice on BLU/RUN in salvage 2 farming? Saw it mentionned a couple of times...
 Quetzalcoatl.Kainstryder
Server: Quetzalcoatl
By Quetzalcoatl.Kainstryder 2014-09-24 06:47:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Hyunkyl said: »
Any info/advice on BLU/RUN in salvage 2 farming? Saw it mentionned a couple of times...

You're probably asking for Arrapago, but incase you're looking for alternatives, I do Bhaflau now and full clear in 38-40 mins on myself and then on my mule. I'd suggest /whm for -na and reraise incase the worst happens (lag, bad pulls, happens occassionally).

Here's a video I made doing it, but my methods have slightly changed; first wamouracampa+wamoura: get tp, CDC->Sinker Drill=Darkness and it's dead or close to it. I no longer use Paralyzing Triad and opt for Conserve MP. 2F trolls I just go MP crazy and murder them now, floor is done in 4 mins, with Chain+Efflux saved for last troll. Some other small changes, but the video gives you the jist of it. The mega boss dies in about 30 seconds or less also. The new strategy is both 1 hours, Bloodrake->Sinker Drill=Darkness repeat and he just melts.

(Sorry for 2 parts, video recorder on windower stopped recording the first time I attempted so I made it into 2 videos. I'll make a more recent video and change/edit the post when I get around to it. Spells set and smaller things are different now.)

YouTube Video Placeholder

YouTube Video Placeholder
First Page 2 3 ... 120 121 122 ... 445 446 447