The Beast Within -- A Guide to Blue Mage
First Page 2 3 ... 114 115 116 ... 445 446 447
 Fenrir.Mefuki
Server: Fenrir
Game: FFXI
user: Mefuki
By Fenrir.Mefuki 2014-08-30 13:54:04
Link | Quote | Reply

So, with the news about club use and blunt weak mobs coming in, is there a complete list of mob resistances and weaknesses? The only one I was able to find was on FFxiclopedia and it's pretty incomplete.
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
Server: Odin
user: Jassik
By Odin.Jassik 2014-08-30 14:01:44
Link | Quote | Reply

One of the things that makes BLU such a powerful DD is it's ability to do so many types of damage so well. Even if clubs don't keep up on damage neutral mobs, it's worth having a club setup for the times when it's good. Being able to do your job in many different situations greatly increases your appeal to a group, and for people who want to do content that isn't necessarily great for BLU, it can get you invites.
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Cerberus.Doctorugh
Server: Cerberus
user: Doctorugh
By Cerberus.Doctorugh 2014-08-31 06:49:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Nikia said: »
Little confused, is xhit build a thing now? I see one for club and sword... would tizona fit in there or is TP set on main page still currently best?

Also still wondering what items might have changed for physical spells since attack is used now.

Yes this is an x-hit build. The reason why you dont normally puch for it on DW setups is because going through great lengths to go from a "12hit build" to an "11 hit build" is because generally the overall reduced time isnt worth what you are giving up. As you get to smaller hit builds your time reduction is significant.

Post deleted by User.
 Cerberus.Doctorugh
By Cerberus.Doctorugh 2014-08-31 16:03:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Less on tizona.
By Nazrious 2014-09-01 10:15:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Has any one messed around with a glutinous dart set since the update? Anything change? Also if not to much trouble what are you guys using as GD set?

Post deleted by User.
 Carbuncle.Kaelthas
Server: Carbuncle
By Carbuncle.Kaelthas 2014-09-01 19:06:54
Link | Quote | Reply

With the job points campaign, Woh Gates is nice, earning around 1k Capacity points a kill. I usually stick to the pool of 4-5 metalcruncher worms near the rabbits. About 1100-1150 accuracy should suffice and pop Sanguine Blade when possible. I was also gonna suggest using Magic Hammer with an MAB build but since you have Tizona you should be fine with that.
 Leviathan.Draylo
Server: Leviathan
user: Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2014-09-01 19:16:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Wondering if there was a good SOLO camp or strat for getting job points on BLU? Kinda hoping there is a golden ticket camp/strat out there somewhere I might have over looked.

If there is, why would someone tell you to get competition? You just have to find your own camp.
 Caitsith.Mahayaya
Server: Caitsith
user: Trebold
By Caitsith.Mahayaya 2014-09-01 20:26:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Wondering if there was a good SOLO camp or strat for getting job points on BLU? Kinda hoping there is a golden ticket camp/strat out there somewhere I might have over looked.

From Kamihr Drifts Frontier Station, go to Woh Gates, the top portion has 3 worms you can cycle solo with trusts (x2 BRD, 1 WHM). Just make sure you have the accuracy to hit them. During campaign you'll get like 1k a kill and can keep the chain going a while off just those three worms.

Oops, didn't read the post 2 above me, yeah pretty much covers it.
 Ragnarok.Luloo
Server: Ragnarok
user: Lulo
By Ragnarok.Luloo 2014-09-04 03:20:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Hi immortals. Im thinking about to remove paralyzing tr from my dd set for some spells more useful. I currently use it basically to sc on cdc. So savage blade》trashing *** comes to mind when req》qc isnt a good option. Any advice of savage b 50%str/50%mnd modded equips?
ThanKs
 Ragnarok.Luloo
Server: Ragnarok
user: Lulo
By Ragnarok.Luloo 2014-09-04 03:21:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Lol the *** was assault abbreviation!
 Valefor.Seranos
Server: Valefor
user: Seranos
By Valefor.Seranos 2014-09-04 08:01:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Draylo said: »
If there is, why would someone tell you to get competition? You just have to find your own camp.

Maybe because there is more than one server and some people aren't *** and don't mind helping out other players.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2014-09-04 09:12:06
Link | Quote | Reply

I have a camp for you. Don't really care if you take it either, because I saw someone at it the other day (looking at you Zerowone).

Its in Outer Ra'Kaznar, H-9 abouts. There are 2 Fluturini (single butterflies) and about 5 Twitheryms. They all have MP, so using Magic Hammer is awesome. The Fluturini/Twitherym there do not have much HP, and they seem to die in about 4-5 attacks rounds from me (about 15~25 seconds). The monsters respawn fast, and its the perfect camp for chaining EXP/CP. I think I was able to get a CP Chain#19 before I ran out of monsters (i was killing too fast for the chain to continue), but if you pace it properly, can get some good points for very little effort.

Was getting about 650-700+ with ring during campaign, and about 2250 exp/kill, which was pretty good. I like the camp because its secluded, infinite supply of MP, and monsters that neither link nor aggro, nor do they have insane TP moves that severely debilitate and cripple you (outside of Blackout, which can be stunned with Sudden Lunge).

There are actually 2 camps like this that I have found in Outer, but I'm sure Inner Court has some higher monsters that can give better points.

Just as a side point: Generally I use 2BRD and WHM, and after proshell, switch to a DD like Uka (for Haste and Drain Samba), since i dont need the curative power. I noticed that the trust DDs have poor accuracy on the outer monsters, so you may need to take that into consideration.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Zionn
Server: Carbuncle
user: Zionn
By Carbuncle.Zionn 2014-09-05 04:45:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Seek out camps with groups of low lvl fodder such as the one in ceizak battle grounds H/8-I/8 with AoE spells set such as Whirl of Rage, Battledance, and Bloodsaber, round up your harvest and have fun.^^I have found this strategy to be pretty productive with capacity point ring usage along with exp gain and Spark farming with the right RoE set.
By Zubrin 2014-09-06 00:44:03
Link | Quote | Reply

I had decent success in southeast Dho Gates. You really just need 5-6 mobs to be make it work. There was a camp with 3 worms and 2 bats that was never taken, although I preferred the crabs and pugils when available. Having at least one more mob would have eliminated most of my respawn waiting.

Now, I did do this with a BRD mule, but you could likely get similar results with BRD/BRD/WHM Trusts, given that my non-WHM Trusts were utterly useless anyway. If I wasn't also after the BRD job points, I would have put him on COR and used that Trust setup.

What really makes this work is if you can consistently self skillchain CDC -> CDC. The mobs almost always die from the SC damage. All in all, Light skillchains were about 30% of my damage on parse. If you're not able to do this, the other camps might be superior. Capacity chain gets tough to maintain in the low-to-mid 20s. I personally never broke 26. Just waiting a couple seconds on respawns or a few badly timed whiffs are all it takes to break it. Glutinous Dart is your best friend for speeding up pulls. CA+Efflux are best saved for making up a missed CDC SC.

I went from 62 set points to 69 over the course of the double CP campaign, only casually applying myself and afking between ring charges. Had I been able to exp on Wednesday night like I had planned, I would have finished. Hopefully I can find the motivation to get those last 10 job points!
 Cerberus.Doctorugh
By Cerberus.Doctorugh 2014-09-06 10:08:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Ive been working on a few different "X-hit" builds to optimize the high delay/ high damage club.

This is the best I've come up with, without the use of DNC or /DNC

I used the same fictious mob (150AGI/VIT, 800 def) as on previous page for direct comparison. Assuming capped MAGIC delay, zerk and red curry.

Melee (8-hit build) (Sharur: acc 15, STP6) (Xia: STP 5/OAT)
ItemSet 328048

STR 206 (fSTR 15)
DEX 212 (crit 25%)
Base att 875/814
Ratio (after zerk/curry/crit) 1.81/1.72
Avg Damage 360.2/225.3

Multiattack ratio 1.5442/1.7762 = 1.66 AVG
Avg damage per melee attack (after factoring attack ratio of each weapon) = 288.4
White damage per WS round (x8) = 2307

WS damage: 5451 (a little less than sharx2 set up from previous page)

Time per WS round :
Delay [(240+352/2) x 0.2/60s / 1.66]x8 +2 (WS delay)= 6.755sec

DPS (2307+5451)/6.755s = 1148 DPS

Obviously this set has less acc 909/899, but would seem to be ideal for Delve 1 content and below.

There is a setup with DNC main (haste samba 10) where you can push the DPS to 1315, but ill forego post that for that moment.
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
Server: Lakshmi
user: Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2014-09-06 11:07:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
I have a camp for you. Don't really care if you take it either, because I saw someone at it the other day (looking at you Zerowone).

Its in Outer Ra'Kaznar, H-9 abouts. There are 2 Fluturini (single butterflies) and about 5 Twitheryms. They all have MP, so using Magic Hammer is awesome. The Fluturini/Twitherym there do not have much HP, and they seem to die in about 4-5 attacks rounds from me (about 15~25 seconds). The monsters respawn fast, and its the perfect camp for chaining EXP/CP. I think I was able to get a CP Chain#19 before I ran out of monsters (i was killing too fast for the chain to continue), but if you pace it properly, can get some good points for very little effort.

Was getting about 650-700+ with ring during campaign, and about 2250 exp/kill, which was pretty good. I like the camp because its secluded, infinite supply of MP, and monsters that neither link nor aggro, nor do they have insane TP moves that severely debilitate and cripple you (outside of Blackout, which can be stunned with Sudden Lunge).

There are actually 2 camps like this that I have found in Outer, but I'm sure Inner Court has some higher monsters that can give better points.

Just as a side point: Generally I use 2BRD and WHM, and after proshell, switch to a DD like Uka (for Haste and Drain Samba), since i dont need the curative power. I noticed that the trust DDs have poor accuracy on the outer monsters, so you may need to take that into consideration.

There are 3 butterfly rooms all mirrored on the map in opposing cardinal directions.
 Leviathan.Draylo
Server: Leviathan
user: Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2014-09-06 11:10:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Seranos said: »

Maybe because there is more than one server and some people aren't *** and don't mind helping out other players.

Right because nobody from your own server will ever see the post right? It's the same as asking someone how they make the best gil... like yeah go figure it out for yourself.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
Server: Asura
By Asura.Kingnobody 2014-09-06 11:13:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Seranos said: »

Right because nobody from your own server will ever see the post right? It's the same as asking someone how they make the best gil... like yeah go figure it out for yourself.
Best way to farm gil?

Farm Dragon Meats! Hurry up and go do it, crash the market so I can make millions off of your farming work buy them from you!
By Nazrious 2014-09-07 18:43:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Doctorugh said: »
Ive been working on a few different "X-hit" builds to optimize the high delay/ high damage club.

I used the same fictious mob (150AGI/VIT, 800 def) as on previous page for direct comparison. Assuming capped MAGIC delay, zerk and red curry.

ItemSet 328048

STR 206 (fSTR 15)
DEX 212 (crit 25%)
Base att 875/814
Avg Damage 360.2/225.3

Avg damage per melee attack (after factoring attack ratio of each weapon) = 288.4

Time per WS round :

Obviously this set has less acc 909/899, but would seem to be ideal for Delve 1 content and below.

There is a setup with DNC main (haste samba 10) where you can push the DPS to 1315, but ill forego post that for that moment.

I find if running delve content especially if expected to solo / prep anything Thaumas doesn't hold up like Qaax Harness. What defensive spells u thinking of setting to compensate?
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
By Odin.Jassik 2014-09-07 18:50:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Nazrious said: »
Cerberus.Doctorugh said: »

ItemSet 328048

STR 206 (fSTR 15)
DEX 212 (crit 25%)
Base att 875/814
Avg Damage 360.2/225.3

Time per WS round :

I find if running delve content especially if expected to solo / prep anything Thaumas doesn't hold up like Qaax Harness. What defensive spells u thinking of setting to compensate?

simple, don't wear it while you're eating hits over and over and bring mages that don't suck. Defensive considerations are best left for defensive sets, a max DPS set is for max DPS.
[+]
By Nazrious 2014-09-08 10:51:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Jassik said: »
Nazrious said: »

simple, don't wear it while you're eating hits over and over and bring mages that don't suck. Defensive considerations are best left for defensive sets, a max DPS set is for max DPS.

Let me rephrase, how make or break is Thaumas to this build is Qaax a viable alternative in situations where damage taken is an issue but at the same time one is seeking to maximize damage. For example Mata in Mori Delve.

I understand that DT sets have there place, but when dealing with STP etc I know sets tend to hinge on crucial pieces, thus the question.

To simplify. Does this set hinge on Thaumas for xhit purposes? It does not seem so but my math skills are not the greatest.
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
By Odin.Jassik 2014-09-08 11:02:24
Link | Quote | Reply

well, you wouldn't be using club on anything that's all that dangerous for accuracy reasons. Moreso on BLU than many jobs, you should have at least 5 TP sets. Max DPS, iLVL (hint, qaxxo goes here), accuracy, DT, hybrid/accuracyDT (qaxxo can go here too). I you use multiple weapons or weapon types, you can add those sets as well and multiple tiers of accuracy gear. If you party with good mages and frequently have capped magic haste, you'd want a capped magic haste set as well. You don't lose that much by not having Thaumas in your max DPS set, but optimal is optimal, and if you're not taking a lot of hits, there's no reason to lower your DPS unless your mage can't be bothered to throw a cure once every 10 seconds.
 Cerberus.Doctorugh
By Cerberus.Doctorugh 2014-09-08 13:30:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Actually, dual club has accuracy on par with Bura/Ana (due to +27 and aug (+15?) on each. Only STP and DW factors for xhit build, as far as how many hits it takes. More mutiattack just makes the WS cycle run faster.
By Nazrious 2014-09-08 15:32:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Thnx doc answered my question in one simple post.

As for tp sets i have multiple and if I cared to count each "set" separately when I switched in and out for acc etc it would be a lot more than 5.

Anyways ty for a direct answer Doc.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2014-09-08 16:32:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Will have parameter testing in addition to trait info for Restoral, Diffusion Ray, and Rail Cannon done by tomorrow morning, Sinker Drill parameters may have to wait a day or two since physical spell testing is more time intensive. Naakual spells will be a couple of days as well as I line up teams to do the NMs. Small reference guide for where to go to learn these, in case someone doesn't know:

Restoral + Rail Cannon - Salvage Arrapago II or Bhaflau II (Normal Mobs and NMs), Abyssea - Uleguerand (Normal Mobs)

Diffusion Ray - Salvage Arrapago II (Normal Mobs and NMs), Abyssea - Grauberg (NM Recounter Chariot), Abyssea - Uleguerand (NM Impervious Chariot), Abyssa - Altepa (NM Battlerigged Chariot)

Sinker Drill - Salvage Arrapago II (NMs), Abyssea - Uleguerand (Normal Mobs), Alzadaal Undersea Ruins (NM Boompadu)
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2014-09-09 01:27:30
Link | Quote | Reply

1/1 on Sinker Drill from Boompadu.

5fold attack, dmg varies with TP
Crit attack bonus(8)
STR+4 DEX+4 VIT+4
91MP 6Set Points

rail cannon
light dmg
Magic burst bonus(8)
INT+6 MND+6
200MP 6Set Points

restoral
restores HP
Max HP Boost(8)
HP+15 MP+15
127MP 7Set Points

diffusion ray
light damage
Store TP(8)
STR+5 VIT+7
238MP 6Set Points

restoral healed me for 1040 with no gearswaps. will test its parameters later.
 Bismarck.Phetty
Server: Bismarck
user: Phetty
By Bismarck.Phetty 2014-09-09 02:03:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Chant Du Cygne and Sinker Drill make a dark skillcahin also.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 114 115 116 ... 445 446 447