Any EU Linkshells.....that.....

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » Valefor » Any EU Linkshells.....that.....
Any EU Linkshells.....that.....
 Valefor.Omerta
Server: Valefor
Game: FFXI
user: arouis
By Valefor.Omerta 2012-05-01 15:08:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Dont take things to seriously?
I wanna do some events and stuff, me and a mate of mine. I have a lovely GF who i like to spend time with and a full time job.
I was wondering (this isnt lmited to just Valefor) If there is anyone willing to take me and a friend? I have many well geared jobs. I still need some Abyssea gears and a load of VW gears.
I'm in a great social at the moment with some good friends. Just there quite busy a lot of the time.

Anyways, when i say GMT I mean Like 7pm Uk time.

Thanks for reading ^ ^
 Valefor.Omerta
By Valefor.Omerta 2012-05-01 16:12:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Bumpzorz - can PM me to if ya wanna tell me a bit about your ls :)
 Valefor.Omerta
By Valefor.Omerta 2012-05-02 02:54:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Bump for wishful thinking?
 Valefor.Rancor
user: Rancoor
By Valefor.Rancor 2012-05-02 03:16:57
Link | Quote | Reply

I advise looking to a different server ~.O Valefor linkshell community is pretty fail.
Been on valefor like 6 years now or so... probably more, and have had 1 good game ls when I 1st joined and sky was all they did. Needless to say that linkshell had been dead for a long time now and I have dropped dozens since ._.b
 Carbuncle.Sambb
Server: Carbuncle
user: Sambb
By Carbuncle.Sambb 2012-05-02 03:40:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Depends what you really really want from a shell, the one im in there is about 10 of us in total with 4-5 that play regularly. We do what we want when we want to. Atm im helping a friend with his mythic, we don't tend to tie ourselves doing specific events other than me and him duo dynamis together as a regular feature with some salvage.

We don't force others to do these things with us because its something me and him "want" to do.

Everything else we do is what ever we feel like, sometimes il be like ima do some VW, another may go do seals or abys stuff, we recently killed JoL for a novio just because we could.

The social aspect can be dull at times if no one is on and if you stay on all day... I tend to go play GoW3 and kill shizzle when I think I want a break and others go out drinking and have a social life.

I like the way the shell is, how ever you might be looking for a 15+ person shell sporting Pink gear in aby lvling their 14th job because they cant do anything else.... I dunno.
 Valefor.Omerta
By Valefor.Omerta 2012-05-02 04:06:54
Link | Quote | Reply

I have nothing against pink players...but No lol.
In your ls, when people ask for help, is everyone quiet? Thats the kinda thing im not looking for, I'll help people but I'd expect help as well. At the moment im doing old skool VNM's (Blodbingnag) it's dificult to get help for that.
 Fenrir.Cobblers
Server: Fenrir
user: Ntfc
By Fenrir.Cobblers 2012-05-02 06:04:14
Link | Quote | Reply

EU community is dying out fast everywhere imo. Seen numbers dwindeling constantly on Fenrir, I guess the news of all this rehashed content is not what people want to hear.
[+]
 Siren.Novadragon
Server: Siren
By Siren.Novadragon 2012-05-02 06:10:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Pretty much it is dead. Why I mostly stay up all night to play with people who can speak english.
 Valefor.Omerta
By Valefor.Omerta 2012-05-02 06:22:55
Link | Quote | Reply

So, ruling our fenrir an siren lol
 Carbuncle.Sambb
Server: Carbuncle
user: Sambb
By Carbuncle.Sambb 2012-05-02 10:56:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Omerta said: »
I have nothing against pink players...but No lol.
In your ls, when people ask for help, is everyone quiet? Thats the kinda thing im not looking for, I'll help people but I'd expect help as well. At the moment im doing old skool VNM's (Blodbingnag) it's dificult to get help for that.

We did blob recently funnily enough as we spammed T4 trying to a int+6 MAB +1 ring.

The way we operate is like for example... theres a guy wanting krabatoa shells for GS magian, hes getting the pops and we help him kill it.

We generally stick to an unofficial rule of if you can do it yourself, do it yourself. Don't make others do tedious stuff which isn't required.

However when it comes to killing krabatoa, yib or stuff that simply means you need 2-3+ people for to make it certain you will win, sure we chip in and help because at some point we will need help back. (KS99 was another thing recently I went with others and killed nidhogg after getting faffy pop from ks99 for some ones black belt)

I guess what I am trying to say is that we all do our own thing in the shell, then at times wel all get together when some one is needing that little something "extra" to get things done.

Thats just the type of people we are, I am very independent in the game. I often just go solo stuff abyssea, dyna, sea, sky, what ever because I just do... others however ask for help alot more than I do its just the way it is.
 Siren.Scottyb
user: scottyb
By Siren.Scottyb 2012-05-02 11:27:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Don't know if the LS i'm in is what you would be looking for really, but we are a strong european group running LS events every night besides wednesday and sunday starting typically at 730 GMT (BST right now). Just giving you hope that there are european communities out there ^^
 Valefor.Omerta
By Valefor.Omerta 2012-05-02 11:39:17
Link | Quote | Reply

How hot are yo on attendance? Im not interested in doing 5 days, i wanna life :)
 Odin.Creaucent
Server: Odin
user: Creaucent
By Odin.Creaucent 2012-05-02 12:13:18
Link | Quote | Reply

I have one on odin most people help with stuff at the drop of a hat. We do empy farming at 5:30 followed by either salvage, limbus or einherjar at 9:30 ish but it does depend on the day. Wed thurs and sun are all free days for doing w/e you want. Only thing we are strict on is empy farming if you want one you turn up to help the others if you dont wont one you dont have to turn up or you can come for +2s or random gear. Thats about it really. Odin has quite a good VW shout community normally the same players doing the shouts each time.
 Valefor.Omerta
By Valefor.Omerta 2012-05-02 13:15:33
Link | Quote | Reply

5:30 is too early for me, i'd join at like 7. Whats times like for then?
 Siren.Sugarpanda
By Siren.Sugarpanda 2012-05-09 02:59:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Omerta, how's your GMT linkshell doing?
I just saw this post and would like to extend my welcome for you and your girlfriend to Equilibria.
I dunno what Novadragon was going on about but one of the most active GMT shells is in Siren and we all help each other all the time.
Just last night we had nearly full alliance helping a member with Glavoid.
Yes, 10 of us was just standing around and yapping in the party/ls chat but that's not the point XD
 Siren.Novadragon
By Siren.Novadragon 2012-05-09 03:05:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Sugarpanda said: »
Omerta, how's your GMT linkshell doing?
I just saw this post and would like to extend my welcome for you and your girlfriend to Equilibria.
I dunno what Novadragon was going on about but one of the most active GMT shells is in Siren and we all help each other all the time.
Just last night we had nearly full alliance helping a member with Glavoid.
Yes, 10 of us was just standing around and yapping in the party/ls chat but that's not the point XD

It's the majority of all servers in general really. Won't find alot of GMT shells. I'm UK myself but I prefer playing with the NA timeline since the community of that is far more larger. Plus I don't rely on linkshells anymore... I made 2x more progress with my jobs, etc in this kind of FFXI without relying on linkshells =/ I miss old FFXI ;_;
 Siren.Sugarpanda
By Siren.Sugarpanda 2012-05-09 03:32:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah I know what you mean Novadragon, I miss old FFXI as well. I was just remenising the other day about times when it was a group effort to get to Dunes and then *dun dun dunnnn* to the outpost through the tunnel where the bats aggro!!! :D "/sh silent oils {can I have it?}"

But I also refuse to give in on the 'there is no more community' mentality. It takes a bit of effort and good leadership (I am not the ldr btw lol) to create a linkshell that people CAN rely on, and I am actually really happy to be part of that old skool feeling ls.

I like making friends and doing stuff together, I much rather defeat VW nms with people I know and progress with than a shout group on sole purpose of getting drops.
 Siren.Novadragon
By Siren.Novadragon 2012-05-09 03:42:31
Link | Quote | Reply

I never join VW shouts unless I know the person. For myself I mostly shout my own one's a with a proper setup basis and mostly get people that know me. Since moostly all the time my VW shouts always win but... Morta/Watcher have been causing quite a problem and for Bismarck fail on Ochain Pld. Never get one even though Bismarck loads easier.

For the part not joining shouts. My reasons are that I prefer that I lead in my perspective and ways. Also I do a much better job on the leading. I always solely do it myself since I can be stubborn. But like I said my tactics and ways never really let me down.
 Siren.Sugarpanda
By Siren.Sugarpanda 2012-05-09 03:48:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Well you might know the leader but do you know the whm that's healing you or the BLM and BLU that struggle with the procs. Do the people talk to each other, do they know their play style.

I would get stressed to the limits to organize any kind of VW run lol, there is just too much to think about.... let alone with people I don't know.

I can't wait for us as a linkshell get to the Provenance Watcher and take pride in the fact that we did it as a solid group. I know we are not real life friends but we talk on mumble with each other on regular basis and share all the joys and frustration with each other.

... Maybe I should get a life XD

No but I still vouch for linkshells, even if they are considered old fashioned.
 Siren.Novadragon
By Siren.Novadragon 2012-05-09 04:09:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Leading is tough but I been doing it for a pack of years so handling is like nothing to me ^^
 Valefor.Omerta
By Valefor.Omerta 2012-05-09 05:17:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Hey, in the end I decided to make my own. No sooner had I got some core members I've been rushed to hospital ;_; so I anxiously await whilst I'm fixed hoping to return ASAP :)
 Siren.Sugarpanda
By Siren.Sugarpanda 2012-05-09 05:43:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh noes!!!
Hope you are ok.. and get long sick leave so you can work on your ls XD
 Valefor.Omerta
By Valefor.Omerta 2012-05-09 05:47:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Its silly! It was routine surgery that the surgeon screwed up, the reason I'm here is his mistake. Very hard to take when I could be at home having fun!
How is your LS coming along?
 Siren.Sugarpanda
By Siren.Sugarpanda 2012-05-09 05:53:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Well it's not actually my linkshell, I am just the PR lol.
But it's going very well - we're infact planning to close the recruitment because we got what we wanted now - would be a shame having to leave some people out if they couldn't fit the alliance.

Well hope you get better soon, hospitals are never nice!! :(
 Siren.Novadragon
By Siren.Novadragon 2012-05-09 06:03:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Sugarpanda said: »
Well it's not actually my linkshell, I am just the PR lol.
But it's going very well - we're infact planning to close the recruitment because we got what we wanted now - would be a shame having to leave some people out if they couldn't fit the alliance.

Well hope you get better soon, hospitals are never nice!! :(

One of my VW friends called Missinglink is in that linkshell.
 Valefor.Omerta
By Valefor.Omerta 2012-05-09 06:18:57
Link | Quote | Reply

That's good news :) well if my LS fails (it won't, I'm determined lol) maybe I'll come say hi xD for now, concentration on getting better!! Hospital is about to serve lunch ;_; ugh I won't miss the food for sure!
 Valefor.Softly
user: xial
By Valefor.Softly 2012-05-11 03:24:36
Link | Quote | Reply

get better soon, and best of luck with your ls ^^