Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Ranger » Ammo Adjustment
Ammo Adjustment
 Asura.Kitsunefox
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: okamiwolf
By Asura.Kitsunefox 2012-04-23 18:02:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Guys I have a new idea for ammo. It could be a good idea or a really bad one. My idea is that when you use a quiver/bullet case, you gain a buff that lets you shoot unlimited of that ammo for maybe 1 hour or so. I don't know how many stacks of ammo you guys go through, but what do you think o the idea?
 Cerberus.Tikal
Server: Cerberus
user: Tikal
By Cerberus.Tikal 2012-04-23 18:03:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Not going to happen, sorry. Completely disregards the economy, and you could easily break the game utilizing it. Bring 12 quivers, that's 12 hours of free ammo. Requiver the arrows at the NPC and you get another 12 hours for pennies on the dollar.
 Lakshmi.Santoro
Server: Lakshmi
user: Fukinder
By Lakshmi.Santoro 2012-04-23 18:04:08
Link | Quote | Reply

If you can't afford to play a job that requires ammo don't play it.

Edit: Do the same for NIN, use a toolbag and get free Utsu? Plain silly.
[+]
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
Server: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2012-04-23 23:41:34
Link | Quote | Reply

As a crafter- no. You pay for what you get. Crafters charge what they can based on a supply of the materials, demand for the end product, and competition among others who make that end product.

Here's an example. Best bullets out there- Adaman bullets. 100k per stack on Leviathan. level 81 smithing, level 81 synergy. That takes a severe commitment of time and gil to get smithing that high. Synergy not so much, just some patience.

Synth mats are 1x adaman ingot + 1x firesand.
NQ=99 bullets
HQ= 198 bullets

on Leviathan, stacks of adaman ingots are rare. Past 6 sales, the only stack sales in the entire month of April, are all 1mil or higher. Essentially averaging 100k per ingot. Crafters MUST HQ to make gil. Good thing it's synergy and not traditional crafting- one break and they would lose money.

Singles are MUCH faster, daily over 10, and are between 80-90k, so a crafter usually makes around 10-15k per stack of bullets, unless they HQ then they will make 100k.

Want to also lower prices? Level up the craft! You'll probably notice just a few makers of the bullets. Its not cheap to level it up, but the only true way to get the price lower is to generate competition in the marketplace among the producers.

Don't ask SE to fix basic economic principles that are fair. People have put the money into leveling up the craft, and they will get rewarded for that effort.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [97 days between previous and next post]
 Valefor.Savain
Server: Valefor
user: Savain
By Valefor.Savain 2012-07-30 08:33:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Rewarded by having to spend days crafting nonstop for 5-10k a synth?

Also, see: Woodworking.
 Ragnarok.Ecaroh
Server: Ragnarok
user: Ecaroh
By Ragnarok.Ecaroh 2012-07-30 11:26:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Lets turn this necro bump into a biotch session.

I'm 90 ww and 80 synergy and its all be a waste of gil. (unless you want to day in day out make chump change HQing ammo. use to be decent on Demon Arrows but lvl cap increase ................

Wood Working literaly gets the wooden "shaft". lol

I been saving my money to push up smithing and/or gold.

Eca
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
Server: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2012-07-30 11:40:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Ecaroh said: »
Lets turn this necro bump into a biotch session. I'm 90 ww and 80 synergy and its all be a waste of gil. (unless you want to day in day out make chump change HQing ammo. use to be decent on Demon Arrows but lvl cap increase ................ Wood Working literaly gets the wooden "shaft". lol I been saving my money to push up smithing and/or gold.

1. Evolve with the times. Even if your craft doesn't immediately, and trust me it doesn't at times, you have to either evolve or be ready for the time it comes.

2. You speak of leveling up smithing or goldsmithing. Ask the goldsmithers who had leveled their craft to 100 years ago what they were making money off of just a year ago. They were contemplating jumping ship too. Its never gonna be always solid money the way SE works because they don't fully understand the markets they create.

3. Even if you did level up one of those crafts, you'd be one of many. More competition, lower the prices, make less for your investment of leveling it in the first place, and you'd *** about the lack of profits compared to investment. Keep in mind the "you" I use is a collective one, not bitching simply at you directly.

4. And let's all hope that SE doesn't listen to non-crafters for advice on crafted materials ;D As for you non-crafters....make your gil selling us the mats to make your stuff.
 Ragnarok.Ecaroh
Server: Ragnarok
user: Ecaroh
By Ragnarok.Ecaroh 2012-08-01 07:43:14
Link | Quote | Reply

True True.

I have had the funds and a crap load of mats stored on a mule to help push my WW to 100 for a long time. Her name is even Woodshoppe. :P
BUT never wanted to commit those last ten points to the top.

Since we are off topic now :P

It always interesting to watch SE stir the pot with new gears and "hot items"

I remember wanting to get on several band wagon synths:

Remember the old days of:

Hktk. Eye Cluster
HQ Elemental Staves and the beads to make them
Dusk Gloves +1
Sha’ir Manteel
Dragon Harness / Genie Weskit
Imperial Wootz Ingots
Now New gears like Mekira set, Hyksos set

Now we have the new Chatoyant Staff.
I should shut up and make a few of these. Lol

Eca
 Sylph.Knala
Server: Sylph
user: nala
By Sylph.Knala 2012-08-16 17:36:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Posted this under the "Let Producer Matsui Know How He Should Catch Up on 2 Years!" thread on the official forums am I off base on my statement? if not please like it, if not please point out the flaws so i can repost a more accurate statement, would love for this to actually get addressed.

Quote:
Or the general recipe concept revamped, arrow/bolt heads (base material + base material yeilds 6-12) shaft (relatively cheap) + fletchings (2x wings/feathers yeilds 6-12 relatively cheap) yields 33-99 (or 99-297 for higher tier synergy recipes)

Bullets Ingot (base material) + fire sand (relatively cheap) yields 33-99 (99-297)

So in the case of adaman bullets beyond the fact that they are needed for high level smithing there is also a yield inequality or imbalance, generally with bolt/arrow heads they use 1/2 expensive/rare base materials but an intermediate syth stretches them out to 6 more syths as opposed to the 1 syth you get from bullets.

So to put that into perspective arrows can be produced at a 6:1 ratio by comparison using the recipes alone, now this doesnt even take into consideration that adaman ingots are already more expensive then most arrow/bolt recipe components (well even if you are talking about adaman bolts still 6:1)

My solution introduce shell casing's (shaft type intermediate and generic go between for all bullet recopies = arrow wood, perhaps add an alternate type cannon shell for use with a neo culverin type weapon and syth able cannon shells!) add an intermediate bullet/slug syth that stretches ingots out for bullet syths, could have a lower overall yield to keep bullets more expensive (nq yields 3 vice 6 or recipe requires 2 ingots but still yields 6)

Also considering that adaman is in high demand for crafters as well perhaps ontop of this add more sources of adaman.