2002 Players Are Awesome!

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » Servers » Ragnarok » 2002 Players are Awesome!
2002 Players are Awesome!
First Page 2
 Ragnarok.Kongming
Server: Ragnarok
Game: FFXI
user: koumei
By Ragnarok.Kongming 2012-04-16 15:58:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Preface: I realize something like this would probably belong in the flamecore, and that we don't do that here anymore. However, due to the fact the affected users are non-members of this site, I don't anticipate any crossfire or a heated debate, as such I'm going to attempt to discuss what happened as civilly as possible. If that's still against the rules then just lock/delete the thread. This is largely so I can vent my frustration anyway.

So. I was having an AWESOME (read: terrible) Gusgen alliance party when two local internet superheros decided to brag that they were OG 2002. Since I know virtually every importer on the server, and most of the JPs who speak English fluently enough to fool me into thinking they're not JP, I knew this to be a blatant lie. So, I decided I would put them in their respective places. Note that I did not start off as arrogant seeming as I become, as I originally feign ignorance and pretend I'm not sure that the game did in fact see its NA release in 2003, as the fact that you're an ignorant fool usually goes down better knowing (thinking) the other party is too. Sadly I was, in this case, mistaken.

I did some heavy editing to "parse" the discussion as it occurred during approximately 30 minutes of garbage EXPing, so I must apologize for what I'm sure is an eyesore.

Now, I stand back and ask the question I usually ask myself when I'm in complete disbelief. Really? Was I being trolled or did my faith in humanity just sink a huge notch.
 Odin.Zicdeh
Server: Odin
By Odin.Zicdeh 2012-04-16 16:05:53
Link | Quote | Reply

You could have saved yourself some time, and simply pointed out that an idiot in 2002 is still an idiot.
[+]
 Fenrir.Minjo
Server: Fenrir
user: Tsuko
By Fenrir.Minjo 2012-04-16 16:07:34
Link | Quote | Reply

You made an *** of yourself arguing with two morons.
[+]
 Siren.Mosin
Server: Siren
user: BKiddo
By Siren.Mosin 2012-04-16 16:09:36
Link | Quote | Reply

there goes 5 minutes of my life, I'll never have back ; ;
 Alexander.Meowryu
Server: Alexander
user: Meoryu
By Alexander.Meowryu 2012-04-16 16:10:32
Link | Quote | Reply

I played in 2002
By Geloudia 2012-04-16 16:11:08
Link | Quote | Reply

sorry at the moment i started reading i got bored very quickly.
same ol'.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Moonsshadow
Server: Quetzalcoatl
By Quetzalcoatl.Moonsshadow 2012-04-16 16:12:09
Link | Quote | Reply

[+]
By Clinpachi 2012-04-16 16:12:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Minjo said: »
/endthread :\ sorry man you blew it lol.... pointless argument is pointless.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Kongming
By Ragnarok.Kongming 2012-04-16 16:12:34
Link | Quote | Reply

That's perhaps what I'm most frustrated about.
 Cerberus.Eugene
Server: Cerberus
user: Eugene
By Cerberus.Eugene 2012-04-16 16:13:13
Link | Quote | Reply

[+]
 Bismarck.Misao
Server: Bismarck
user: misacat
By Bismarck.Misao 2012-04-16 16:13:28
Link | Quote | Reply

TL:DR ?
[+]
 Bahamut.Dannyl
Server: Bahamut
user: dannyl
By Bahamut.Dannyl 2012-04-16 16:16:47
Link | Quote | Reply

AND this is why these types of threads aren't allowed(?) or tend to get locked up, because the mods know that these are a complete waste of time and we all wish we gained back the 5 minutes it took to read the first couple of non-sense from your ever-so-shrinking screenshots......
[+]
 Fenrir.Minjo
By Fenrir.Minjo 2012-04-16 16:19:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Kongming said: »
That's perhaps what I'm most frustrated about.

Rule #1 of participating in a logical argument: if you cannot get the other participant(s) to accept the the premise that you're building your argument on, any efforts to get them to arrive at the desired conclusion are wasted. The argument was unwinnable the moment they disagreed with what a copyright date was.
 Ragnarok.Hotkarl
user: hotkarl
By Ragnarok.Hotkarl 2012-04-16 16:21:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Lol
 Fairy.Ghaleon
Server: Fairy
user: MisterRyu
By Fairy.Ghaleon 2012-04-16 16:23:26
Link | Quote | Reply

you should have stayed and called a gm to ask what the NA release date was.
 Cerberus.Tikal
Server: Cerberus
user: Tikal
By Cerberus.Tikal 2012-04-16 16:30:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Par for the course, really. I'd personally antagonize the ***out them if they were on my server though.
By Moonwalkerv 2012-04-16 16:36:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Why would you even bother?
[+]
By Azurea 2012-04-16 16:37:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Guy was wrong about NA release date, so you complained and argued, and argued, and argued some more ... about sums it up, right? In the end, you came off a whole lot worse than anyone else in that conversation. You just needed to drop it and walk away. Also inb4 the lock, since I'm sure this will be looked at as a player warning by the mods.
[+]
By Quiznor 2012-04-16 16:41:37
Link | Quote | Reply

This is why you dont argue with idiots,they drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Joltx
Server: Carbuncle
user: Joltx
By Carbuncle.Joltx 2012-04-16 16:42:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Alexander.Meowryu said: »
I played in 2002

same. The PC NA release was October of 2002, yet the guy in that SS got that wrong as well.
 Kujata.Daus
Server: Kujata
user: Daus
By Kujata.Daus 2012-04-16 16:49:22
Link | Quote | Reply

December 25th 2002 hurr

otherwise tldr original post
 Leviathan.Bangem
Server: Leviathan
user: Bangem
By Leviathan.Bangem 2012-04-16 16:55:10
Link | Quote | Reply

My question is, why did you care so much about them being wrong? I stopped reading after a few min because it seemed like you have a superiority complex.
 Leviathan.Bangem
Server: Leviathan
user: Bangem
By Leviathan.Bangem 2012-04-16 16:57:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Double post...
 Fenrir.Minjo
By Fenrir.Minjo 2012-04-16 16:58:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Bangem said: »
My question is, why did you care so much about them being wrong? I stopped reading after a few min because it seemed like you have a superiority complex.

Clearly being irritated when someone tells you that you're wrong in regard to something you're certain of is indicative of a superiority complex. It definitely has nothing to do with that being a pretty common button for people.

That isn't to suggest that he didn't completely and utterly waste his time with an irreconcilable situation, but asserting that his motivation is the result of a personality defect is ignorant at best.
 Ragnarok.Kongming
By Ragnarok.Kongming 2012-04-16 17:00:52
Link | Quote | Reply

It was basically because I was called wrong multiple times, and was insulted in multiple ways when I retained relative civility (until being thoroughly insulted). At the very least I expect civilized adults to either man up and admit they were wrong, or if they can't manage to do that they should at least apologize.

Like I said, if my expectations are too high, then perhaps I need to reevaluate how I feel about humanity.
 Bismarck.Misao
Server: Bismarck
user: misacat
By Bismarck.Misao 2012-04-16 17:12:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Like I said, if my expectations are too high, then perhaps I need to reevaluate how I feel about humanity.
some could say the same thing about this tread tho :(
 Ragnarok.Kongming
By Ragnarok.Kongming 2012-04-16 17:15:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Misao said: »
some could say the same thing about this tread tho :(
No one is forcing you to read it, and several users have given me very valuable input. And I feel better. I'd mark that up as a success in my book, and I'm sorry that you feel differently.
By Artemicion 2012-04-16 17:17:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Clearly being irritated when someone tells you that you're wrong in regard to something you're certain of is indicative of a superiority complex. It definitely has nothing to do with that being a pretty common button for people.

That isn't to suggest that he didn't completely and utterly waste his time with an irreconcilable situation, but asserting that his motivation is the result of a personality defect is ignorant at best.

I wouldn't say his assumption was assertive. Misdirected perhaps, but not assertive.
 Asura.Nanabi
Server: Asura
user: Nanabi
By Asura.Nanabi 2012-04-16 17:19:03
Link | Quote | Reply

No matter what the argument was about....
Were you doing your job during the party o.O?
That was the one thing that really caught my eyes....
If you got into an argument and neglected your duties, I think they have every right to boot you, win or not on the argument. :(
[+]
 Fenrir.Minjo
By Fenrir.Minjo 2012-04-16 17:26:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Artemicion said: »

I wouldn't say his assumption was assertive. Misdirected perhaps, but not assertive.

You aren't typically a pedant. Lets keep it that way.
First Page 2