By Siren.Kalilla 2012-04-12 19:12:45
Link | Quote | Reply

04-10-2012 02:36 PM
[source]
Camate
Community Rep

Head equipment display toggle

Greetings!

We are currently giving consideration to having a feature that would allow for the toggling of head gear display and will be running tests for this. Please understand that this is being looked into for head equipment only and not other areas of equipment.

With this feature, there will most likely be requests to make it possible to toggle the hoods on tunic type equipment up and down, but the system for the graphics of these equipment differ from regular head gear which would require additional graphics data, so it will not be possible to do this.

Once I receive updates on the progress regarding this feature I will be sure to let you all know
Subscribe

06-07-2012 02:09 PM
[source]
Camate
Community Rep

Greetings!

I have some good news for all of you!

The development team has been working on a text command based toggle head gear ON/OFF feature and we are planning to implement this in the June version update.

There were a lot of requests for a configuration based setting and we looked into this, but since this involved UI alteration we will only be adding the text command version.

By toggling your head gear display ON/OFF, the visual display will be reflected for both yourself and others who see your character. (There will be no visual changes for tunics and other similar gear that restrict you from equipping head armor.)
Subscribe
[+]
 Asura.Tot
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
By Asura.Tot 2012-04-12 19:18:00
Link | Quote | Reply

can we get options/quests to change our battle pose?(how we hold weapons ect) that would be, awesome.
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Enuyasha
Server: Carbuncle
user: Enuyasha
By Carbuncle.Enuyasha 2012-04-12 19:20:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Kalilla said: »
04-10-2012 02:36 PM
[source]
Camate
Community Rep
Head equipment display toggle Greetings! We are currently giving consideration to having a feature that would allow for the toggling of head gear display and will be running tests for this. Please understand that this is being looked into for head equipment only and not other areas of equipment. With this feature, there will most likely be requests to make it possible to toggle the hoods on tunic type equipment up and down, but the system for the graphics of these equipment differ from regular head gear which would require additional graphics data, so it will not be possible to do this. Once I receive updates on the progress regarding this feature I will be sure to let you all know
Subscribe
add an additional head slot when hood is down...
 Odin.Eikechi
Server: Odin
user: Eike
By Odin.Eikechi 2012-04-12 19:22:28
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm sorry but..what? Why in God's name would you really use this option? Who flippin cares? Hood down or hood up would be nice to be able to equip headgear, but they said that's not possible (visually) let alone game mechanics wise. I'm sorry but that is a stupid dev note to me.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Enuyasha
user: Enuyasha
By Carbuncle.Enuyasha 2012-04-12 19:46:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Eikechi said: »
I'm sorry but..what? Why in God's name would you really use this option? Who flippin cares? Hood down or hood up would be nice to be able to equip headgear, but they said that's not possible (visually) let alone game mechanics wise. I'm sorry but that is a stupid dev note to me.
it would be for those people that want to look like their wearing a doublet....but without wearing a doublet...

but on a serious note: id like to wear a hat while having a hoodie on with the hood down :<
 Shiva.Dourid
Server: Shiva
user: Dourid
By Shiva.Dourid 2012-04-12 20:15:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Am I the only one that finds this absolutely hilarious? What? Did they dislike their own designs so much that they not only managed to come up with this idea, but are actually considering implementing it, too?
If so, it's their own damn fault for making so many head pieces in the game insanely bulky-looking, as well as covering so much of our character's heads and faces.

To me, and to this day, I cannot stand wearing gaudy head pieces. It's really the thing, I believe, to ultimately determine whether or not I can truly like the way my character looks. And yes, I'm saying I'd actually prefer looks over stats to a certain degree. (Why I never bothered with the godawful walahra turban--that chin strap..)

This whole thing just makes me face palm. It kills me to think that there wouldn't, and shouldn't have ever been even a thought for this if they just took a little more time to realize that head gear looks wayyy better on paper.

Oh well.. Guess I'll continue looking like Batman on DRK and Altair on THF..
[+]
 Ragnarok.Ghishlain
Server: Ragnarok
user: Ghishlain
By Ragnarok.Ghishlain 2012-04-12 20:17:47
Link | Quote | Reply

I sort of feel why this request is even considered is because this functionality exists in other MMOs (IE, WoW...) and thus why it's been requested as well.

A perfectly viable alternative is for people to DAT swap their head gears into models they actually like, assuming they know what DATs to swap, etc.
[+]
 Phoenix.Degs
Server: Phoenix
user: Degs
By Phoenix.Degs 2012-04-12 20:19:38
Link | Quote | Reply

I agree, unless you get the ability to wear a "head slot item" while the hood is down, who really cares

EDIT, there are not many high level gears with the hood option, for this to even matter, i can think of only a handful of gears at lower levels that people would actually wear, also.
 Quetzalcoatl.Dova
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: dova
By Quetzalcoatl.Dova 2012-04-12 20:22:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Remember that time when the dev team made it so you could access storage from anywhere? Sorry Kal for beating a dead horse but it's the first thing that always comes to mind when I see these posts
[+]
 Bahamut.Dannyl
Server: Bahamut
user: dannyl
By Bahamut.Dannyl 2012-04-12 20:37:21
Link | Quote | Reply

"...require additional graphics data, so it will not be possible to do this." lol...

Console Limitation

Did they ever release the survey results on how we play the game?
[+]
 Bismarck.Moghedian
Server: Bismarck
user: Moggly
By Bismarck.Moghedian 2012-04-12 20:52:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Dannyl said: »
"...require additional graphics data, so it will not be possible to do this." lol...

Console Limitation

It's not a console limitation, it is how the dat file is made.
In order to make hood display toggleable they would have to remodel every cloak to be able to hide the hood mesh, as well as re make all of the texture files to make it look proper(as in not just straight cut off).
Either that or they would have to make another dat for each cloak that looks like the hood is down.

It's easy enough to have an option to shut off the head gear display on actual head gear, in comparison, than remake all the cloak dats to accommodate this.
[+]
 Fenrir.Schutz
Server: Fenrir
user: Schutz
By Fenrir.Schutz 2012-04-12 20:57:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Ghishlain said: »
I sort of feel why this request is even considered is because this functionality exists in other MMOs (IE, WoW...) and thus why it's been requested as well.

To explain further, it's not all that odd an addition given they had added it to FFXIV as well, already.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Luthian
By Carbuncle.Luthian 2012-04-12 20:58:29
Link | Quote | Reply

I'd like to be able to close the face shield on Hero's Galea that ugly thing looks like a duckbill with it up,
[+]
 Ragnarok.Ashman
Server: Ragnarok
user: Ashman
By Ragnarok.Ashman 2012-04-12 21:03:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Ghishlain said: »

A perfectly viable alternative is for people to DAT swap their head gears into models they actually like, assuming they know what DATs to swap, etc.

I sort of feel why this request is even considered is because functionality exists in other MMOs dev teams and thus the playerbase has requested it here as well.

A perfectly viable alternative is for them to do something that *** matters two shits instead of doing "busy work" all day and using it as an excuse for not accomplishing anything of merit.

<3
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Dova
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: dova
By Quetzalcoatl.Dova 2012-04-12 21:25:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Luthian said: »
I'd like to be able to close the face shield on Hero's Galea that ugly thing looks like a duckbill with it up,
Would be cool if it auto closed when you engaged
[+]
 Carbuncle.Sanders
user: Sanders
By Carbuncle.Sanders 2012-04-12 21:33:53
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm guessing this is because this is a feature in XIV? But um... at the very least XIV has faces *worth* looking at. The children of Vana'diel all have the same incestuous grandparents.
[+]
 Siren.Kalilla
VIP
Server: Siren
user: Kalila
By Siren.Kalilla 2012-04-12 21:35:22
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm sorry but that is a stupid dev note to me.
Don't be sorry, I agree completely lol

I guess its nice they are working on unique ideas but idk, I guess I can see people wanting to wear a head gear that doesn't look very cool but I'm not one to really care about how cool something looks.

Moogle caps on the other hand I must see :O
 Siren.Kalilla
VIP
By Siren.Kalilla 2012-04-12 21:37:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Dourid said: »
Why I never bothered with the godawful walahra turban--that chin strap...
I had the chin strap removed on turban and destrier beret

They look so much better without it... SE no more chin straps, the hat isn't going to fall off and get lost!
[+]
 Siren.Kalilla
VIP
By Siren.Kalilla 2012-04-12 21:38:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Dova said: »
Remember that time when the dev team made it so you could access storage from anywhere? Sorry Kal for beating a dead horse but it's the first thing that always comes to mind when I see these posts
I'd rather people make a big deal about it than ignore it >.>

I want to access my storage in jeuno instead of going all the way to bastok to get something :(
[+]
 Bahamut.Jetackuu
Server: Bahamut
user: Jetackuu
By Bahamut.Jetackuu 2012-04-12 23:45:07
Link | Quote | Reply

eww lastok
[+]
 Fenrir.Camiie
user: Camiie
By Fenrir.Camiie 2012-04-13 08:47:26
Link | Quote | Reply

While not a vital feature by any means, I don't see what's so horrible about adding it. The devs aren't doing anything I consider productive anyway these days, so I don't feel as though I'll be losing out on anything if they spend time on this.
 Bismarck.Elanabelle
By Bismarck.Elanabelle 2012-04-13 08:54:53
Link | Quote | Reply

A lot of more modern RPG's (Dragon Age II, Amalur:Reckoning, others) have the option to remove the helmet graphics (while retaining the stats gained by wearing the helmet) ... so I can understand where S-E got the idea for this potential "upgrade" to FFXI.

However, considering the plethora of other (more important/useful) upgrades that S-E SHOULD be spending their time and resources on ... the idea that they're even considering this "helmet off" toggle-option is frickin' hilarious.

Fail, S-E, fail.
[+]
 Phoenix.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Server: Phoenix
user: Seha
By Phoenix.Sehachan 2012-04-13 08:57:06
Link | Quote | Reply

If only I could toggle on my gun...
[+]
 Lakshmi.Forsell
Server: Lakshmi
user: Forsell
By Lakshmi.Forsell 2012-04-13 09:10:40
Link | Quote | Reply

I want to be able to wear haidate on my head.
[+]
 Odin.Sheelay
user: Sheelay
By Odin.Sheelay 2012-04-13 09:21:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Mithra panties on the head! NOT MANTHRA, GOD NO!!!
[+]
 Odin.Tsuneo
user: Tsuneo
By Odin.Tsuneo 2012-04-13 09:23:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Sehachan said: »
If only I could toggle on my gun...
Yeah, I just spent 120M on my gun, and I can only see it when I shoot the thing. I'd love to be able to actually wear it around town.
[+]
 Fenrir.Camiie
user: Camiie
By Fenrir.Camiie 2012-04-13 09:26:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Elanabelle said: »
However, considering the plethora of other (more important/useful) upgrades that S-E SHOULD be spending their time and resources on ... the idea that they're even considering this "helmet off" toggle-option is frickin' hilarious.

Fail, S-E, fail.

They're going for quantity over quality these days due to lack of resources. Why give us a new expansion with new storylines when they can just pad their update notes with minor stuff like this, half-arsed and/or rehashed events with abysmal drop rates, and BALANCE?? Oh, and of course whatever the JP forum asks for as long as it's not too much work.

I'm just waiting for the return of /bell and the addition of /triangle, /bongo, and /wooden clappy blocks.
[+]
 Bismarck.Elanabelle
By Bismarck.Elanabelle 2012-04-13 11:34:02
Link | Quote | Reply

LoL, Camile!

If S-E introduces an emote for "wooden blocks", I'm cancelling my subscription that day for good.
 Fenrir.Leoheart
user: Leoheart
By Fenrir.Leoheart 2012-04-13 11:35:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Lol... Now they're copying the ff14 Dev team.

edit: Now you wont be able to see those dreadful hairpins!
[+]
First Page 2 3