Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Corsair » Leaden Salute vs Wildfire
Leaden Salute vs Wildfire
By Erlayn 2012-03-22 12:46:47
Link | Quote | Reply

How would you compare these two WS with each other? I know WildFire is amazing and I know at the time Leaden Salute was amazing pre-Wildfire.

Is Salute just as good while doing Voidwatch as Wildfire is?

As I'm still juggling the idea of doing magians for the gun. I need some input if possible. I recently learned Salute and love the WS so far and got a decent build for it and it'll only get better.

Thanks in advance.
 Quetzalcoatl.Pyroelf
Server: Quetzalcoatl
Game: FFXI
user: Pyroelf
By Quetzalcoatl.Pyroelf 2012-03-22 13:04:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Leaden salute sucks vs dark based mobs, and Wildfire has the advantage of getting buffs from being used off of its gun. Though I'm sure it is different if you got a mythic...
 Phoenix.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Server: Phoenix
user: Seha
By Phoenix.Sehachan 2012-03-22 13:15:10
Link | Quote | Reply

It's been asked already, but anyway Leaden is like a Wildfire-1. It works great in abyssea and outside too on old content, but in VW it'll never beat Last Stand which is on par with Wildfire.
 Leviathan.Hohenheim
Server: Leviathan
user: Hohenheim
By Leviathan.Hohenheim 2012-03-22 13:48:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Someone mathed me out the difference between trueflight(same mods but light based) and wildfire. With lvl99 mythic is comes pretty close, but wildfire will still always do a little more damage, more when you factor in VW fire affinity atmacite and fire shot (don't think dark shot works unless dispel actually lands?). It's lame ;; hopefully SE will beef up mythics more in the future :x
By Erlayn 2012-03-22 14:48:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Well then I guess it's back to WoE for me to finish the 6 Coin of Birth so I can start on trials. I was hoping that I could just get away with Salute w/o having to get Wildfire. And I'm out of merits to use for Last Stand so that's why I asked this question.
 Bismarck.Ramyrez
Server: Bismarck
user: Ramyrez
By Bismarck.Ramyrez 2012-03-22 14:53:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Erlayn said: »
Well then I guess it's back to WoE for me to finish the 6 Coin of Birth so I can start on trials. I was hoping that I could just get away with Salute w/o having to get Wildfire. And I'm out of merits to use for Last Stand so that's why I asked this question.

Armageddon or bust.

edit: Additionally, Last Stand is arguably the biggest upgrade for the jobs that can use it over other weaponskills for that weapon, in comparison. Resolution/Entropy probably come close from a damage angle, too. But depending what else is eating up your merits, you may be better off with Last Stand even/if you make an Armageddon, depending how often you play corsair and ranger.
[+]
 Fenrir.Minjo
Server: Fenrir
user: Tsuko
By Fenrir.Minjo 2012-03-22 14:54:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Hohenheim said: »
Someone mathed me out the difference between trueflight(same mods but light based) and wildfire. With lvl99 mythic is comes pretty close, but wildfire will still always do a little more damage, more when you factor in VW fire affinity atmacite and fire shot (don't think dark shot works unless dispel actually lands?). It's lame ;; hopefully SE will beef up mythics more in the future :x

Not to be rude, but we've known Gastraphetes was a terrible weapon for a long time. Not really sure what you were expecting out of it, nor am I sure why you think SE would/has reason to buff it at all. The good mythics are still really good, and the bad ones are still really bad.
By Erlayn 2012-03-22 15:01:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Right now, COR is just a job to play when I don't feel like playing any of my other jobs. I'm trying to get it into shape for Voidwatch and that was the reasoning behind this post. To actually make it a serious job I'd wanna play like all the others and have fun doing it.
 Leviathan.Hohenheim
By Leviathan.Hohenheim 2012-03-22 15:02:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Minjo said: »
Leviathan.Hohenheim said: »

Not to be rude, but we've known Gastraphetes was a terrible weapon for a long time. Not really sure what you were expecting out of it, nor am I sure why you think SE would/has reason to buff it at all. The good mythics are still really good, and the bad ones are still really bad.

Wasn't expecting anything out of it besides my shiny toy. And SEs buffed the ws a little, and they might do more in the future, who knows. Not like there's anything else to add in the game anyway besides more magian trials ><
 Fenrir.Minjo
Server: Fenrir
user: Tsuko
By Fenrir.Minjo 2012-03-22 15:05:05
Link | Quote | Reply

I think it's safe to say that legendary weapons aren't being adjusted further. Regardless, a buff to Leaden Salute would still make it substantially worse than Last Stand, and only better than Wildfire outside of Voidwatch, where you'd be using.. Last Stand.
 Leviathan.Hohenheim
By Leviathan.Hohenheim 2012-03-22 15:07:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Minjo said: »
I think it's safe to say that legendary weapons aren't being adjusted further. Regardless, a buff to Leaden Salute would still make it substantially worse than Last Stand, and only better than Wildfire outside of Voidwatch, where you'd be using.. Last Stand.

/shrug
 Odin.Erlayn
Server: Odin
user: Erlayn
By Odin.Erlayn 2012-03-22 15:49:26
Link | Quote | Reply

As we get back on the rails. Thanks for the input guys. Admins you can lock this if you'd like.