Bismarck.Helel
Server: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
user: Billzey
By Bismarck.Helel 2013-01-26 23:37:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Smurfite said: »
Quetzalcoatl.Waffless said: »
Since I don't have wanion, is prosilio the next best thing?

Still think scouts or bucc's best option for belt, nothing makes you wanna throw relics on the floor more than wiffing barrage...

Even with RCB, I don't think there's a single mob in the game where you wouldn't have capped accuracy with snapshot up, except the ixion in legion perhaps, but then you can always get prelude. Just gear barrage for maximum damage. Always 5% chance of missing no matter what you do.
 Quetzalcoatl.Waffless
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Waff
By Quetzalcoatl.Waffless 2013-01-27 08:24:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks for those links, was an interesting read. If I try to gear for maximum damage do you think scouts or prosilio would pull ahead?
 Bismarck.Helel
Server: Bismarck
user: Billzey
By Bismarck.Helel 2013-01-28 19:03:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Prosilio. It looks like dAGI is much less effective than dDEX if I'm reading correctly. The jump from 40 to 50 makes a huge difference to your crit rate with melee weapons, but dAGI is a consistent increase from 0-90, so you won't see any large increases to your critical hit rate.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Waffless
user: Waff
By Quetzalcoatl.Waffless 2013-02-01 15:18:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Ok thanks. I thought as much but wanted to make sure.
 Sylph.Mirvana
Server: Sylph
user: Mirvana
By Sylph.Mirvana 2013-02-01 23:24:07
Link | Quote | Reply

How would Prosilio fare against Elanid? It's already gonna replace 3 belts when I get my hands on it, and even if Pros wins, if the gap isn't too big I may just swap that out too.
 Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai
user: Starkzz
By Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai 2013-02-02 09:09:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Prosilio would be slighly ahead, unless target is seriously evasive and you aren't recieving r.acc buffs (accounting for sharpshot)

Only mobs that applies to currently are the legion Ixions
By fractalvoid 2013-02-02 09:44:16
Link | Quote | Reply

I remember reading that Scout's Bracers +2 would pull ahead of Thaumas Gloves for Last Stand with Berserk up, because of the r.atk+ on scout's+2. Not sure if this is similar in any way
 Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai
By Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai 2013-02-02 09:56:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Sigyn's Bazubands for Last Stand.
By fractalvoid 2013-02-02 10:00:04
Link | Quote | Reply

mhm, but they don't just magically appear in your inventory sadly, so something else will have to be used in the meantime.

the same thing would also apply to TP set if using augmented beret+2 anyway.

maybe agi+ from elanid would help with r.crit on barrage also? i dunno.
 Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai
By Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai 2013-02-02 10:02:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Technically yes, but as Helel explained just a few posts ago, the gains from AGI are very minimal.
By fractalvoid 2013-02-02 10:05:59
Link | Quote | Reply

it would definitely be safer to assume prosilio would be better fulltime but i wouldn't dismiss elanid pulling ahead with berserk up.

just sold my prosilio so that's why im rooting for elanid but i have no numbers to prove anything. just guessing here.

rng speadsheet where r u
 Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai
By Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai 2013-02-02 10:10:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Uh, I would, considering (assuming buffed correctly) with zerk up, you're likely capping R.atk on -most- targets, then theres the r.acc left, which shouldn't be a problem aside possibly the Ixions. Lastly the fSTR2, which Prosilio will get more of.
By fractalvoid 2013-02-02 10:11:43
Link | Quote | Reply

ic. wasn't sure about r.atk ratios/capping.
thanks.
 Cerberus.Weegie
Server: Cerberus
user: Weegie
By Cerberus.Weegie 2013-02-04 23:24:01
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm still trying to determine what earring combo's are most likely to be useful.

I have Altdorf's Earring & Wilhelm's Earring combo, Vulcan's Earring x2, Light Earring with a Crit +1 augment, Clearview Earring, and RNG AF3 earring.

I've been using Altdorf's/Wilhelm's combo thus far. Have not been using a crit hit build in general, so makes me shy away from Light Earring, or I would be using a Light/Vulcan's combo.

And how about rings? Been using Rajas Ring/Hajduk Ring, but it looks like I won't be needing the R ACC. STR, AGI, or R ATT?