Random Question Thread (FFXI Related)

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Random Question thread (FFXI related)
Random Question thread (FFXI related)
First Page 2 3 ... 5 6 7 ... 836 837 838

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Server: Fenrir
Game: FFXI
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2012-03-10 22:04:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Galbir said: »
Didn't think the resistance would cut it that much. Have no trouble killing Shin with Sang blade.
Shinryu isn't actually hyper-resistant to dark/light in the same way Turul, Kaggen, etc consistently resist certain elements no matter how much macc you pile on. He just takes half damage from all light and dark-based magic attacks in addition to whatever innate resistance he has (which can be overcome). source
 Odin.Sheelay
Server: Odin
user: Sheelay
By Odin.Sheelay 2012-03-10 23:09:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Josiahkf said: »
what's the lowest number and best job combination you guys think for all 3 dreamland zone clears? and each respective arch lord above? hmmm

Pretty sure you can solo/duo all 3 with either BST or NIN, DNC, THF.
I duoed bubu boss several times farming the items that lock its JA and 2h abilities. It's by far the easiest to solo because of that.

As for Arch versions, idk.
 Odin.Sawtelle
user: tooheyv
By Odin.Sawtelle 2012-03-10 23:13:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Sheelay said: »
Josiahkf said: »
what's the lowest number and best job combination you guys think for all 3 dreamland zone clears? and each respective arch lord above? hmmm

Pretty sure you can solo/duo all 3 with either BST or NIN, DNC, THF.
I duoed bubu boss several times farming the items that lock its JA and 2h abilities. It's by far the easiest to solo because of that.

As for Arch versions, idk.
For valkurm I think you need bsts. It can charm and death which would make doing it w/ melees risky lowman.
 Bahamut.Itze
Server: Bahamut
user: Itze
By Bahamut.Itze 2012-03-11 01:52:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Apocalypse trials, where would be the best place to start and do them up to the beaucidine killing?
 Asura.Fondue
Server: Asura
user: Caliber
By Asura.Fondue 2012-03-11 16:37:25
Link | Quote | Reply

is there exactly 1 shadowed t3 vnm in the 4-6 normal zones? or is there just a chance when you pop one that it might have a shadow, generated when you pop it
 Ramuh.Austar
Server: Ramuh
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2012-03-11 16:39:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Shadows don't exist. :(
 Asura.Fondue
Server: Asura
user: Caliber
By Asura.Fondue 2012-03-11 16:42:25
Link | Quote | Reply

the other day we did eron>eron(s]>jugner(s]>jugner in about 30 minutes before we found one with a shadow lol
 Odin.Llewelyn
user: Llewelyn
By Odin.Llewelyn 2012-03-11 17:40:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Looking for advice on my second augment for Desultor Tassets.
I'm trying to decide between 4% PDT and Barrage +1. My initial decision was Barrage but I'm not sure if one more arrow will actually beat the True Shot and Crit. hit rate on Sylvan Brague +2. Plus, I don't think it would be very common for all 10 arrows to even land. Any input?
 Shiva.Galbir
Server: Shiva
user: galbir
By Shiva.Galbir 2012-03-11 18:10:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Going by this thread I would say Barrage+1. It may be old but at the time it was a 9.48% improvement to average Barrage damage. Even if it's now a lower boost with more hits I don't imagine anything beating it.
 Odin.Sawtelle
user: tooheyv
By Odin.Sawtelle 2012-03-11 18:16:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Just out of curiosity, was it ever tested if barrage could actually go above 8 hits?
 Ramuh.Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2012-03-11 18:48:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Sawtelle said: »
Just out of curiosity, was it ever tested if barrage could actually go above 8 hits?
I haven't seen anything saying it can, so I'd assume it's stuck at 8 hits per round like everything else.

Don't quote me on that, though.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Server: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2012-03-11 18:50:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Galbir said: »
Going by this thread I would say Barrage+1. It may be old but at the time it was a 9.48% improvement to average Barrage damage. Even if it's now a lower boost with more hits I don't imagine anything beating it.
Looking back at my own post, I claimed he'd only done half the math but it appears I only got a little further than he did. How ironic. Proper value for going from 7 to 8 hits would have been 11.57% at capped hitrate if I'm doing this right. The correct value for going from 9 to 10 hits would thus be 8.53%, which would indeed beat the bonus from Sylvan +2 legs.
[+]
 Odin.Llewelyn
By Odin.Llewelyn 2012-03-11 22:01:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Sawtelle said: »
Went out and tested, and yes it can.

Something to note. After about an hour and a half of using Gandiva and AF+1 hands, I never broke 8 arrows. However, my first Barrage with Phineus' Gun and AF+1 hands, I shot 9 bullets. Does anyone know for sure if we got another shot to Barrage at 99? Or was that false information. I guess I'll do maybe 10 barrages without AF+1 hands and see if I can hit 8.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Chronosphere
Server: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Chronosphere 2012-03-11 22:43:56
Link | Quote | Reply

>_> did you forget about Phineus' Gun enhancement? or am I missing something

edit: or well actually, what the hell does the effect do? I'm assuming that is what it WOULD do considering it has the same description as Hunter's Bracers, but I could be way wrong
[+]
 Odin.Llewelyn
By Odin.Llewelyn 2012-03-11 22:46:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Chronosphere said: »
>_> did you forget about Phineus' Gun enhancement? or am I missing something
What? I was getting a max of 8 hits with Gandiva and AF+1 hands and 9 hits with Phineus' Gun and AF+1 hands. If we were getting 8 hits naturally I'd have gotten 10 shots with Phineus' Gun + AF+1 hands.
 Ramuh.Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2012-03-11 22:49:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Don't think RNG gets another shot going by 9 with gun and hands.
 Odin.Llewelyn
By Odin.Llewelyn 2012-03-11 22:51:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Chronosphere said: »
edit: or well actually, what the hell does the effect do? I'm assuming that is what it WOULD do considering it has the same description as Hunter's Bracers, but I could be way wrong
I dunno, adding another shot to Barrage is what I was assuming as well, which is what it would seem. Not sure if 10 barrages of each is enough to confirm that, but that's what I'm being led to believe.
 Odin.Llewelyn
By Odin.Llewelyn 2012-03-11 22:52:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Also, did 10 barrages without +1 hands or Phineus' Gun. 7/10 barrages landed 7 shots. None landed 8.
 Valefor.Billyd
Server: Valefor
user: billyd
By Valefor.Billyd 2012-03-11 23:28:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Was wondering if you can proc the dragons in dynamis xarc for single drops and if its worth it to farm them for the slight chance at 100 drops.
 Ragnarok.Nemesio
user: Nemesio
By Ragnarok.Nemesio 2012-03-11 23:30:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Billyd said: »
Was wondering if you can proc the dragons in dynamis xarc for single drops and if its worth it to farm them for the slight chance at 100 drops.
You can proc. Its random(WS/JA/Magic can all proc) and I like to kill them for a chance at a 100. I don't go out of my way, but when I come across it, or run out of mobs I do.
 Valefor.Billyd
Server: Valefor
user: billyd
By Valefor.Billyd 2012-03-11 23:33:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Nemesio said: »
You can proc. Its random(WS/JA/Magic can all proc) and I like to kill them for a chance at a 100. I don't go out of my way, but when I come across it, or run out of mobs I do.
There is just 2 or 3 good areas to farm there and they always packed, so looking for alternatives.
 Ragnarok.Nemesio
user: Nemesio
By Ragnarok.Nemesio 2012-03-11 23:39:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Nemesio said: »
There is just 2 or 3 good areas to farm there and they always packed, so looking for alternatives.
I mean, I wouldn't go looking for them exclusively. But like I said, when there is some down time, snag a couple. All to often I see people running around like idiots looking for the same mobs they KNOW aren't respawning for another 2-4 minutes, rather then actually killing something. Any NM, any JA(Or WS/Magic proc, depending on what you aim for) beastman will be beneficial.
 Bahamut.Jetackuu
user: Jetackuu
By Bahamut.Jetackuu 2012-03-12 03:47:42
Link | Quote | Reply

tom axe for beast?

new to the job and just looking for something half decent to use on it.
 Odin.Minefield
user: Minefield
By Odin.Minefield 2012-03-12 03:51:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Usually -PDT or MDB axes are the best for them, depending on the situation. Can also make EVA axes for your pet too!

Much versatility, but the basic is the PDT axe. Not to mention PDT path can be finished and or near finished in a day if you put your mind to it! :D
 Bahamut.Jetackuu
By Bahamut.Jetackuu 2012-03-12 03:56:45
Link | Quote | Reply

what about strength axes?
 Odin.Minefield
user: Minefield
By Odin.Minefield 2012-03-12 03:58:28
Link | Quote | Reply

If you want to go straight offensive yes, STR Astolfos are very powerful for your arsenal! Especially with Ruinator.(/youdontsay.jpg) :o
 Bahamut.Jetackuu
By Bahamut.Jetackuu 2012-03-12 04:00:11
Link | Quote | Reply

thanks, and thanks.
 Shiva.Galbir
Server: Shiva
user: galbir
By Shiva.Galbir 2012-03-12 07:13:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Would this set:

Beat this one?

I want to go with the first but not capping haste makes me feel dirty..

Edit: Also only haste and/or haste samba for buffs.
First Page 2 3 ... 5 6 7 ... 836 837 838