Random Question Thread (FFXI Related)

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Random Question thread (FFXI related)
Random Question thread (FFXI related)
First Page 2 3 ... 519 520 521 ... 831 832 833
By Pantafernando 2018-01-05 12:20:19
Link | Quote | Reply

DirectX said: »
Someone please clarify the ergon weapon quest for me. I have heard it takes 6 months to get legend in all coalitions and also that it's 3 months.
AFAIK there are 96 quests and you get 4 tags a day. If you only have to do each one once (this is probably where I'm confused) then it would only take 28 days to do them all. How many tags do you need to use at each rank to level up?

In theory you can get legend even spamming the very first quest. Obv its not efficient as you rank up faster doing the newer ones of each rank.

Iirc you need 20 imprimateurs in each rank doing "good" quests (newer ones).
 Asura.Geriond
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Gerion
By Asura.Geriond 2018-01-05 12:31:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Someone please clarify the ergon weapon quest for me. I have heard it takes 6 months to get legend in all coalitions and also that it's 3 months.
AFAIK there are 96 quests and you get 4 tags a day. If you only have to do each one once (this is probably where I'm confused) then it would only take 28 days to do them all. How many tags do you need to use at each rank to level up?
There are 6 coalitions, and 7 rank ups per coalition that require (at minimum, as doing tasks below your highest rank gives less progress), 20 tags used each, for a total of 840 tags.

As you get 4 tags per day, normally this would take 210 days, but this is shortened by two factors:

First, you will probably have tags stored up when you start, meaning it'll take ~3-4 days less due to that.

Second, after getting all coalitions to Advisor rank, you can get a key item (Bronze Shovel Cordon, from completing every assignment at Advisor level and lower at least once each, minus the Provide assignments), which reduces tag cooldown from 6 hours to 5:30. If you do all coalitions to Advisor rank evenly and get the KI as soon as possible, at day ~150, it will cut off about 10 days from getting everything to Legend.

Doing everything optimally and having tags stored up, it will take you about 6 1/2 months to get everything to Legend from scratch.
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Geriond
By Asura.Geriond 2018-01-05 17:13:17
Link | Quote | Reply

If you absorb a TP move via Shadow Ring/Raetic Bangles/Tartarus Platemail/etc, does it still apply its status effects?
 Ragnarok.Martel
Server: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Martel 2018-01-05 19:05:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Damage absorption/nullification does not prevent additional status effects. As you still get hit with the move, it just healed you or hit 0.
By clearlyamule 2018-01-05 21:12:09
Link | Quote | Reply

So there's no point leveling Geo because you'll be useless for the hardest content for 6.5 months MINIMUM. GG SE.
Even dunna geo can be more useful then other support at times
[+]
 Lakshmi.Chilzen
Server: Lakshmi
user: Chilzen
By Lakshmi.Chilzen 2018-01-05 22:09:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Is it possible to lowman Vagary bosses with trusts by this point in time, or is that still a group event?

I'd like to be able to unlock the ability to upgrade my Emp armor to 119, but I'm unsure of what kind of requirements to shout for or just going in with trusts with them buffed at the moment.
 Siren.Kyte
Server: Siren
By Siren.Kyte 2018-01-05 22:46:30
Link | Quote | Reply

You can, but there still is a 3-person minimum.
[+]
 Shiva.Spynx
Server: Shiva
user: auron86
By Shiva.Spynx 2018-01-06 00:54:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Chilzen said: »
Is it possible to lowman Vagary bosses with trusts by this point in time, or is that still a group event?

I'd like to be able to unlock the ability to upgrade my Emp armor to 119, but I'm unsure of what kind of requirements to shout for or just going in with trusts with them buffed at the moment.
You can get full clear with tank + SCH + GEO + BLM. Can potentially drop tank for a trust with campaign but since you are after the RoE to unlock empy reforge rather than getting the drops, i'd get a real one that won't *** up your SC and be in general more reliable.
[+]
By geigei 2018-01-06 03:53:01
Link | Quote | Reply

So there's no point leveling Geo because you'll be useless for the hardest content for 6.5 months MINIMUM. GG SE.
LoL

Dunna geo is far from useless.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
By geigei 2018-01-06 04:54:26
Link | Quote | Reply

kireek said: »
Is there any way to turn off the "do you want to set HP here" when you change job and exit mog house? That ***drives me crazy.
No.

Post deleted by User.
[+]
By geigei 2018-01-06 05:56:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Non idris bubbles won't work on asura or what?
[+]
By tyalangan 2018-01-06 11:50:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Some of my characters can use adoulin waypoints without getting the prompt “Are you sure?” “Yes/No”. While others get the prompt. What did I do to get rid of the prompt?
 Shiva.Spynx
By Shiva.Spynx 2018-01-06 11:52:13
Link | Quote | Reply

tyalangan said: »
Some of my characters can use adoulin waypoints without getting the prompt “Are you sure?” “Yes/No”. While others get the prompt. What did I do to get rid of the prompt?
When you click on a waypoint the last option enables/disable that confirmation
[+]
 Leviathan.Vedder
Server: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Vedder 2018-01-06 15:57:45
Link | Quote | Reply

clearlyamule said: »
Even dunna geo can be more useful then other support at times
Such as when full dispel issues pop up frequently

Ppl need to get over the whole REMA or gtfo bs, I have apoc, arguably worse relic type weapon for drk and use Zulf/monte+1 and still do rather well. Almost don't see a point in doing other remas capt I want to treat drk ones like Pokemon

Now brd from my understanding is similar to pld in that it needs one? Idk but geo I think is quite the exception
[+]
By clearlyamule 2018-01-06 17:02:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Brds kind of worse than pld. Rema wise pld can get by with just aegis really though yeah obtain is nice for those physical situations or cleavibg and burt always a little nicer. Brd really needs aeonic and relic. And even mythic and empyrean make a decent difference
 Bismarck.Recaldy
Server: Bismarck
user: Recaldy
By Bismarck.Recaldy 2018-01-07 00:28:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Started back up in Nov from leaving in 2012. I did some Rhapsody, learned about the Dyna lock out edit and binged the 2nd half of my Gungnir, then did Aegis and Excalibur. Body pieces are either +1 Bayld or i119 AF pieces. Got both weapons to 300 Pluton phase yet my numbers and accuracy are still ***compared to everyone else and its REALLY discouraging on my end. Tips? I've got MH: World on pre-order so...

Gear/content recommends?

Post deleted by User.
By Pantafernando 2018-01-07 01:11:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Recaldy said: »
Started back up in Nov from leaving in 2012. I did some Rhapsody, learned about the Dyna lock out edit and binged the 2nd half of my Gungnir, then did Aegis and Excalibur. Body pieces are either +1 Bayld or i119 AF pieces. Got both weapons to 300 Pluton phase yet my numbers and accuracy are still ***compared to everyone else and its REALLY discouraging on my end. Tips? I've got MH: World on pre-order so...

Gear/content recommends?

At some point in time SE decide every gear starting since then would always have large amount of acc. So, despite all gear being labeled 119, there is a noticeable difference between gear addded before escha and after escha. Thats to say, every gear that comes from escha/reisenjima, ambuscade, omen, dread dynamis will give you more stats than gear from delve, skirmish, vagary, reforge to +1, etc.

Those event, the more accessible is ambuscade, that allow you to chose content lv starting quite low so you can have a pregression (start nq with few points, move to Hq then hq+1 that shoud have around 40acc in every slot).

You can also do lower tier escha. Escha zitah gear is already kinda obsolete but escha ruaun are current if you can afford the -1 neo cursed item, or just use the nq version.

Another available option is to try omen cards to upgrade reforge artifact +1 to +2, that isnt difficult, with campaign should take 1~2 runs per piece, but will require rhapsodies of vanadiel complete.
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2018-01-08 02:41:17
Link | Quote | Reply

I remember conflicting information back from the level 75 era.
Has the "first hit accuracy bonus" thing ever been cleared out, for weapon skills?
Some more specific questions:

1) Does it apply only to 1hit WSs or to the first hit of all WSs?
2) I guess it doesn't apply to multiattack procs and offhand hits?
3) How much is the accuracy you get? Is it the same for all WSs or is it different according to the specific WSs?
 Siren.Kyte
Server: Siren
By Siren.Kyte 2018-01-08 02:47:31
Link | Quote | Reply

It applies to nearly all WS for the first hit. The accuracy bonus is +100.
[+]
By Pantafernando 2018-01-08 05:37:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Hi.

Today before delivering my item for GP i checked FFXIAH and got that it was Robe. Then when i got to the NPC, the item was actually Kyahan. I tried to submit the new item to FFXIAH but there wasnt any option. Then i remembered i once i had similar situation with other item, but that one there was a note saying SE changed the item mentioned in FFXIAH to another one. So wondering if thats the same of Robe <=> Kyahan (cloth veteran). Also, how reliable are the item mentioned in FFXIAH guild pattern?

Thanks in advance
By clearlyamule 2018-01-08 07:56:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Sechs said: »
I remember conflicting information back from the level 75 era.
Has the "first hit accuracy bonus" thing ever been cleared out, for weapon skills?
Some more specific questions:

1) Does it apply only to 1hit WSs or to the first hit of all WSs?
2) I guess it doesn't apply to multiattack procs and offhand hits?
3) How much is the accuracy you get? Is it the same for all WSs or is it different according to the specific WSs?
It was assumed to be every 1 hit ws and around 100 but I don't think that was really thoroughly tested and I seem to remember some testing on low level ws not doing it. SE has said some vague stuff on it but I don't remember what exactly. They have given specifics on say automaton ws but it's kind of all over the place
By Antisense 2018-01-08 08:04:10
Link | Quote | Reply

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/threads/49839-%E5%A4%9A%E6%AE%B5%E3%82%A6%E3%82%A7%E3%83%9D%E3%83%B3%E3%82%B9%E3%82%AD%E3%83%AB%E3%81%AE%E5%91%BD%E4%B8%AD%E3%81%AB%E3%81%A4%E3%81%84%E3%81%A6?p=571812#post571812
 Shiva.Spynx
By Shiva.Spynx 2018-01-08 08:54:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Josiahkf said: »
ambuscade +2 gear would likely be acc+300 compared to your AF 119 and it's an easy solo over time. then you'll be strong enough to make any end game shouts and not feel useless

Omen is also soloable but much much slower and more expensive, while ambuscade will actually make you money
This is true but +2 pieces from omen aren't that expensive (around 1M off npc, or 1 sparks dump) and are usually loaded with accuracy and don't suffer the usual lack of haste seen on most ambu sets (you still want flamma for your DRG as head/feet are amazing). There is also a double Omen cards campaign right now (triple starting in a couple of days) so i'd work on that
even just to stockpile cards you'll use in the future. Omen doesn't suffer HP scaling so if you ask someone to join just to leech cards people usually let you (as long as you try and contribute to the objectives)
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2018-01-08 09:23:50
Link | Quote | Reply

My memories were about what Clearlyamule said, with some confusing not very clear data on some WS maybe being exempt from the bonus and the bonus itself possibly having different values according to the WSs etc.

But according to Kyte's reply and your link it seems to me that EVERY first hit of EVERY physical weapon skill receives a +100 accuracy bonus. Supposing 1) I translated it correctly, 2) there are no errors in the dev post (it's rare, but sometimes they fed us wrong information in the past)

I'm not sure what to make out of this info though.
In the past (say, on Samurai for instance) when you were relying on very powerful one hit WS and multiattack gear wasn't so common, it could've been fine in some instances to take into account the "+100 bonus" when gearing up your WS sets.
Nowadays though?
The amount of MA gear is very big, sometimes there's offhand hits as well. Granted for those WS the first "main" hit delivers the large majority of the final damage, MA/OH damage isn't something you can ignore imo.
So in the end it feels to me like that in most situations it's not really that useful to have that bonus to begin with :x
 Asura.Geriond
By Asura.Geriond 2018-01-08 11:46:41
Link | Quote | Reply

FTPs are so huge on WSs like Savage Blade, Rudra's Storm, Torcleaver, etc, that multi hit often isn't especially valuable compared to what you can do without needing that extra 100 accuracy.

For example, on my Dark Knight's Torcleaver set, even with capped accuracy assumed, adding 10% DA (a not insignificant amount) only increases average WS damage by ~1%.
[+]
 Leviathan.Vedder
Server: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Vedder 2018-01-10 15:17:50
Link | Quote | Reply

When's the bonanza draw and where's the link to rewards?
First Page 2 3 ... 519 520 521 ... 831 832 833