Random Question Thread (FFXI Related)

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Random Question thread (FFXI related)
Random Question thread (FFXI related)
First Page 2 3 ... 508 509 510 ... 831 832 833
 Fenrir.Cherrywine
Server: Fenrir
Game: FFXI
By Fenrir.Cherrywine 2017-11-09 18:39:41
Link | Quote | Reply

What would you give to see the below added as an effort to save inventory:
RoE: Cap Fast Cast [Job]
Equip items to cap Fast Cast while on [Job].
Reward: A Key Item that caps Fast Cast on said [Job].
 Odin.Geriond
Server: Odin
user: Gerion
By Odin.Geriond 2017-11-09 21:12:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Screw inventory, that would be amazing for letting you have capped fast cast on everything for recast purposes.
By clearlyamule 2017-11-09 21:28:30
Link | Quote | Reply

I'd just kill to have something that will allow me to cap total haste on any job. Hell just let everyone have 15% ja haste
 Siren.Kyte
Server: Siren
By Siren.Kyte 2017-11-09 21:52:33
Link | Quote | Reply

I'd kill if it were just an RoE that incentivized rando mages to have their FC capped.
 Asura.Sechs
Server: Asura
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2017-11-10 02:11:42
Link | Quote | Reply

A similar cool thing they could've done is an "empty" Ambuscade cape with no stats at all.
That would have enabled you to make "generic" capes for multiple jobs, saving inventory space.

One for magic accuracy, one for nuking, one for Fastcast, stuff like that.
I have plenty of capes like those for multiple jobs and it's annoying.
 Asura.Beatsbytaru
By Asura.Beatsbytaru 2017-11-11 13:04:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Sort of FFXI related.

Would I get better performance out of an i3-7100 or a Ryzen 1200 for 6-boxing?
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
Server: Leviathan
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2017-11-11 14:32:03
Link | Quote | Reply

I'd be very surprised if the i3 won, given how much benefit the additional threads will have in that scenario. However, it's hard to give a concrete answer on something like that without personal benchmarks. Instruction sets can have a profound impact, especially when as much bad code as XI has is involved.
 Lakshmi.Chilzen
Server: Lakshmi
user: Chilzen
By Lakshmi.Chilzen 2017-11-11 17:55:57
Link | Quote | Reply

I've been away from the game for a bit, but did SE increase the cap on guild points for daily turn ins? The site and wiki states that fishing's Zafmlug Bass caps at 2.4k points per day, but it's saying the cap ingame is 7.4k, with a similar experience yesterday over shining trout. Still has the same value when I trade one in, but the cap is clearly higher.

Is this for all guilds, or just fishing specific?
 Fenrir.Richybear
Server: Fenrir
user: Richybear
By Fenrir.Richybear 2017-11-11 18:17:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Chilzen said: »
I've been away from the game for a bit, but did SE increase the cap on guild points for daily turn ins? The site and wiki states that fishing's Zafmlug Bass caps at 2.4k points per day, but it's saying the cap ingame is 7.4k, with a similar experience yesterday over shining trout. Still has the same value when I trade one in, but the cap is clearly higher.

Is this for all guilds, or just fishing specific?

All crafts daily GP got doubled to tripled
[+]
By DaneBlood 2017-11-12 10:13:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Do escha area gives full exp in an alliance?
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2017-11-12 10:52:06
Link | Quote | Reply

DaneBlood said: »
Do escha area gives full exp in an alliance?
No, it has reduced scaling. I think up to 7 members get full exp, then you have a sharp dropoff.
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2017-11-12 14:12:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Is there a fixed place on the FFXI website where you can see the CURRENTLY active campaigns?
I'm having a hard time finding the campaigns for this month and the exact time/day they start.
 Shiva.Spynx
Server: Shiva
user: auron86
By Shiva.Spynx 2017-11-12 14:19:52
Link | Quote | Reply

You are not the only one, they made it incredibly hard for no reason to find the actual dates/campaigns. Here's the forum post with all the details
[+]
Forum Moderator
Server: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: AnnaMolly
By Anna Ruthven 2017-11-13 10:08:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Something I never figured out was...how is Kayeel-Payeel alive despite the fact that you see his ghost when claiming Claustrum?

Aren't the Relic wielders supposed to be trapped in a living hell in Dynamis?
 Leviathan.Kaparu
user: Tsuko
By Leviathan.Kaparu 2017-11-13 10:14:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Claustrum has had multiple owners. The person trapped in Dynamis with it is Umon-Paumon
Forum Moderator
Server: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: AnnaMolly
By Anna Ruthven 2017-11-13 10:56:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Kaparu said: »
Claustrum has had multiple owners. The person trapped in Dynamis with it is Umon-Paumon
Oh, I thought it was Kayeel-Payeel. So KP must have donated Claustrum to the Hydra Corps like Elivira did the Annihilator.
 Shiva.Kasaioni
user: Kasaioni
By Shiva.Kasaioni 2017-11-13 17:50:59
Link | Quote | Reply

So I'm going through coalition assignments for the golden shovel, and BG wiki says there's a Patrol: Dho Gates assignment at the Peacekeeper's coalition that I don't see in the in-game list. My standing is already Legendary in the coalition. Is this a bug or a wiki mistake?
By clearlyamule 2017-11-13 17:55:53
Link | Quote | Reply

I can say for certain it's 100% not a mistake per se. I used to do that one a bit. However when the assignments came out that zone was only like ilvl 110ish iirc.

But with the gates area updates the mobs in there went way up in level and all of a sudden that and a few other assignments difficulties went way up. So I think though not 100% sure they might have changed that one since I do remember them adjusting some assignments but would have to check my coalitions when I get home.
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2017-11-13 18:17:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Kasaioni said: »
So I'm going through coalition assignments for the golden shovel, and BG wiki says there's a Patrol: Dho Gates assignment at the Peacekeeper's coalition that I don't see in the in-game list. My standing is already Legendary in the coalition. Is this a bug or a wiki mistake?
Is it possible you already flagged and never completed it? It will not show under list if you have it active.
 Shiva.Kasaioni
user: Kasaioni
By Shiva.Kasaioni 2017-11-13 18:17:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Ok, then if so they just got rid of that assignment, and that update hasn't been reflected on the wiki.

Nope, it was under my current quests. I just accepted it a long time ago and forgot about it. Nice.
By Wordspoken 2017-11-14 05:26:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Tried to update FFXI, got POL-1163. Is it just me?
 Sylph.Oraen
Server: Sylph
user: Gaztastic
By Sylph.Oraen 2017-11-14 14:42:54
Link | Quote | Reply

With lots of campaigns becoming active today, is anybody able to confirm whether or not the double cards from Omen is currently active? I'd do a run myself, but I'm out of the house at the moment.
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2017-11-14 15:00:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Oraen said: »
With lots of campaigns becoming active today, is anybody able to confirm whether or not the double cards from Omen is currently active? I'd do a run myself, but I'm out of the house at the moment.
It doesn't seem to be. Ignored all objectives for 2 runs and got 2 cards each run, which is my usual. Double omens definitely isn't on, since that's clearly visible.
 Sylph.Oraen
Server: Sylph
user: Gaztastic
By Sylph.Oraen 2017-11-14 15:21:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Well that's disappointing, but not altogether unexpected. Thanks for the confirmation
 Asura.Vienner
By Asura.Vienner 2017-11-15 06:13:10
Link | Quote | Reply

any opinions on what is the fastest way to get nyzul tokens? sitting at 60k and need 150k...
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2017-11-15 09:45:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Vienner said: »
any opinions on what is the fastest way to get nyzul tokens? sitting at 60k and need 150k...
It's pretty much what it is, do nyzul isle investigation a lot. Nyzul2 gives notably less.

Start at floor 96, use aoe jobs(BLM is best, but BLU is pretty good too). Ideally, bring a mule or friend with a mule, so nobody who needs tokens is paying out the 1900/run to warp to 96.

With BLM BLM BRD (brd just using rune, throwing a mazurka once in a while, and hitting code lamps), I can pretty consistantly reach floor ~20 for around 10k tokens a run. With BLM BLM BLU BRD, got as high as floor 31 for something like 14k.

I use fillmode, which is available on both windower and ashita and will drastically increase your productivity without the risks associated with server-visible cheats like speed or maintenance. Obviously, not everyone feels fillmode is ok and use your own discretion.

For ordered lamps, track your order and shift any incorrect lamps by 1.

Example:

1 2 3 4 5
Only 2 stays lit. You can left or right shift, it doesn't matter as long as you stay the same through the floor, but I will do left for this example.

3 2 4 5 1
2 Will obviously stay lit again, let's say this time 5 also stays lit.

4 2 1 5 3
2 and 5 obviously stay lit. You've already ruled out all other possibilities, so this combination has to be correct.

This guarantees the max amount of attempts will be the amount of lamps on the floor.

For 'same time' lamps, the duration has been drastically adjusted and you should never have to wait or coordinate. Just hit them as you see them and keep moving.

Other floors are pretty self explanatory, make ***dead. I recommend bringing an aureole or other returning ranged for 'discovery' gear floors, as they magic aggro.
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
First Page 2 3 ... 508 509 510 ... 831 832 833