Random Question Thread (FFXI Related)

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Random Question thread (FFXI related)
Random Question thread (FFXI related)
First Page 2 3 ... 507 508 509 ... 836 837 838
 Sylph.Feary
Server: Sylph
Game: FFXI
user: feary
By Sylph.Feary 2017-11-06 20:02:54
Link | Quote | Reply

is there a triple exp/cap event happening? i cant find the announcement posts.
By clearlyamule 2017-11-06 20:23:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Feary said: »
http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/threads/53287?_ga=2.127383309.1256444674.1509760125-2142577759.1508198946
 Sylph.Feary
Server: Sylph
user: feary
By Sylph.Feary 2017-11-06 20:24:47
Link | Quote | Reply

clearlyamule said: »
Sylph.Feary said: »
http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/threads/53287?_ga=2.127383309.1256444674.1509760125-2142577759.1508198946

thank you, youre a gentlemen and a scholar.
 Asura.Seriweri
Server: Asura
user: seriweri
By Asura.Seriweri 2017-11-08 04:00:48
Link | Quote | Reply

I never fully grasped the WSD+ stat. So, Fotia Gorget/Belt state +10% WSD, but in reality they add .1 ftp, so if you discount the slim save tp proc chance, they are best used with WS that replicate ftp across all hits, like cdc or reso... so far so good.
Does WSD+ always work like that, or does is work differently when found on other pieces (augments, ambu cape, af+3 etc)? Or do those provide their own straight multiplier?

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2017-11-08 06:32:45
Link | Quote | Reply

As far as I know the "mistranslation" on the Fotia gorget and belt are the only exception as in the description says "WS dmg+" but it's actually "FTP bonus+".

I don't think there are any other exceptions.
The "TP bonus" found on other items is a different type of stat and all other items with "WSD+" description do infact work properly and give a X% damage bonus to the FIRST hit of any weapon skill.
 Asura.Seriweri
user: seriweri
By Asura.Seriweri 2017-11-08 07:05:35
Link | Quote | Reply

so that means that the "regular" wsd+ stat favors magical and single hit physical ws the most, thanks sechs. the first hit only part explains why blu af+3 body basically did nothing good to cdc.
By clearlyamule 2017-11-08 09:33:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Technically speaking WSD effects both the physical and magical hit of hybrids making it favor them the very most
 Odin.Geriond
Server: Odin
user: Gerion
By Odin.Geriond 2017-11-08 12:02:12
Link | Quote | Reply

What's the general cost and time investment needed to cap a craft (minus shield) or fishing from scratch these days?
By clearlyamule 2017-11-08 12:33:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Crafting cost is gunna vary a lot. Skillup rate is really high right now so could probably get to 110 in a day or 2 going at it hardcore... though that might require spending more

But fishing can be done for basically the cost of a lu shangs which you can resell later. Speed will differ but last time I did it I got to 100 in 3-4 weeks of fishing to cap each day. That was with 1 skill up ring but before various skillup updates (not sure they apply to fishing though) and before fisherman's feast existed
By fillerbunny9 2017-11-08 12:57:31
Link | Quote | Reply

fishing is pretty easy, as said, get a Shang's and just go at it. the big thing is to do the RoE quests associated with it to get free Fisherman's Feasts. you'll cap skill before getting a Lu Shang's +1.

crafting is a bit messier. I took woodworking from 0-70 on a mule the other day for about half a million gil. from there, though, things have slowed to a crawl. crafts like Bone, Cloth, and Leather have easily farmable mats that can save you time/the dangers of an empty AH. Wood, Smithing and Gold are going to require you to spend a lot to get through the last stages (Gold lets you skill a lot off Geodes/avatarites, which you can stockpile to burn through a good 20-30 skill levels). Cooking can be done on the cheap, but materials are a nightmare, relying a LOT on regional vendors. Alchemy you can actually MAKE money by abusing the Sparks vendors for ingredients and then making the various Poison/Silencing/Holy weapons all the way up through Ice Shields.
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2017-11-08 13:15:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Seriweri said: »
so that means that the "regular" wsd+ stat favors magical and single hit physical ws the most, thanks sechs. the first hit only part explains why blu af+3 body basically did nothing good to cdc.
Well, on a lot of multihit WS (all the non-tp-transfer ones) the first hit does the majority of the damage, tipically, so WSD can be nice for those WS as well, even if clearly you won't see increases as big as with the 1hit WSs.
By clearlyamule 2017-11-08 13:43:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Sechs said: »
Asura.Seriweri said: »
Well, on a lot of multihit WS (all the non-tp-transfer ones) the first hit does the majority of the damage, tipically, so WSD can be nice for those WS as well, even if clearly you won't see increases as big as with the 1hit WSs.
I wouldn't say a lot off the top of my savage blade, fast blade (actually not 100% on this), Expiacion, VS, and couple of gaxe and scythe ones and a few oddballs that I don't think were ever investigated partly because they were 1.0 ftp or close to it or no one cared because lol staff dd
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2017-11-08 14:45:01
Link | Quote | Reply

All H2H WS have bigger damage from the main hit, including the only 8hit WS, "Asuran Fists". You gonna notice quite a noticeable difference when you miss the first hit compared to when you miss one of the additional ones.

I don't even remember why, I probably was "taught" this over 14 years ago when I started playing and the memory of this remained in me, but I assumed that, at least for all physical and non-transfer TP WSs, the first hit does more damage than the successive ones.
By clearlyamule 2017-11-08 14:57:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Sechs said: »
All H2H WS have bigger damage from the main hit, including the only 8hit WS, "Asuran Fists". You gonna notice quite a noticeable difference when you miss the first hit compared to when you miss one of the additional ones.

I don't even remember why, I probably was "taught" this over 14 years ago when I started playing and the memory of this remained in me, but I assumed that, at least for all physical and non-transfer TP WSs, the first hit does more damage than the successive ones. .
Unless I'm missing something Asuran shouldn't unless you are wearing something that only effects the first hit like wsd. Most h2h are actually 1 hit +other first which kind of accounts for that. But yeah forgot to mention raging fist too and maybe Shijin Spiral though not sure anyone tested that.

Probably had to do with ones I mentioned. Huge ftps on first hit 1.0 on following... that and for a long hardly any had replicating http://ftp... or we just didn't know if they did. Of course back then we also had ones that had .5 ftp on first hit and 1.0 after lol so was kind of the opposite there
[+]
 Odin.Geriond
By Odin.Geriond 2017-11-08 15:57:02
Link | Quote | Reply

This guide says that skill up rate on low rank fish is very nerfed when using Lu Shang's rod; is this correct?

http://ffxiclopedia.wikia.com/wiki/A_Genuine_Fishing_Guide
By clearlyamule 2017-11-08 16:30:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Geriond said: »
This guide says that skill up rate on low rank fish is very nerfed when using Lu Shang's rod; is this correct?

No idea where that's coming from. It definitely wasn't a thing as recently as shortly after post Hak nerf. Used Lu shangs from 0-100ish like 6 times and never experienced that. Unless you can find some update notes from the last couple of years saying that...

Also should note if you have a lot of time to be able to fish and want to speed up how many days it takes and don't have ring charges the too small method is something to consider
By fillerbunny9 2017-11-08 16:40:04
Link | Quote | Reply

I had no issues when I started skilling to 110, though I think I was at ~18 already at that point. collected a random fish for the fishing contest for a Pelican Ring, and with that and Fisherman's Feast you just skill like nobodies business.

I still need to piss away ~2 hours when reeling fish in to +1 one of the 3(lol) Shangs I have collected over the years.
 Odin.Geriond
By Odin.Geriond 2017-11-08 17:13:00
Link | Quote | Reply

So I have to wait 3 weeks for the next fish ranking to conclude for a possible Pelican ring? Eww.

300k/stack of fisherman feast is pricy too.
By clearlyamule 2017-11-08 17:38:41
Link | Quote | Reply

So I have to wait 3 weeks for the next fish ranking to conclude for a possible Pelican ring? Eww.

Potentially yes. 2 weeks to put submissions in 2 weeks to collect so if in middle of collection right now then yeah.

I wouldn't pay money for them. According to bg wiki you can get 73 from RoE and can transfer them.
 Quetzalcoatl.Tesseracta
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Tussell
By Quetzalcoatl.Tesseracta 2017-11-08 17:44:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Has anyone observed stealing 100 currencies from Dynamis NMs? A LS member mentioned his Nanaa Mihgo trust doing this, but I've only seen O. Pieces stolen from the lottery/timed NMs in Dynamis Jueno.
By fillerbunny9 2017-11-08 17:46:01
Link | Quote | Reply

if you have a Lu Shangs, you will get them as rewards for the quest line to +1 it; you'll get more than you need to hit 110.
 Odin.Geriond
By Odin.Geriond 2017-11-08 17:50:32
Link | Quote | Reply

From what I can tell, you need to have caught 60 different types of fish before you can unlock the RoE part of the Lu Shang +1 quest, which seems pretty damn far from where I am.
By clearlyamule 2017-11-08 18:45:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Pre food no rings what I'd get is 2.5-4 levels every day of fishing to cap until around level 90 at which point super slows down. So if you wanna fish but decide waiting for skillup ring or getting food is too much figure on something like that unless you want to really waste time with the too small method

Edit: Also that fishing guide is terrible. For skilling up there is absolutely 0 reason to move every couple of levels. 0-90 I think I use a total of maybe 7 different spots
[+]
 Shiva.Znitch
Server: Shiva
user: znitch
By Shiva.Znitch 2017-11-08 18:56:39
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm fairly certain I was able to unlock the Fishing - Tenacity RoE just by talking to the NPC and having Lu Shang's equipped. I definitely didn't have sixty unique fish caught at that point, as I hit the fifty unique normal Fishing RoE after I had +1'd the rod.
[+]
 Odin.Geriond
By Odin.Geriond 2017-11-08 21:02:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Apparently, despite both FFXIclopedia and BG Wiki saying that finishing the 60 kinds of fish part is a prerequisite to get the RoEs, the NPC actually gives you both tasks simultaneously.

Thanks for all your help.
By fillerbunny9 2017-11-09 00:14:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Pre food no rings what I'd get is 2.5-4 levels every day of fishing to cap until around level 90 at which point super slows down. So if you wanna fish but decide waiting for skillup ring or getting food is too much figure on something like that unless you want to really waste time with the too small method

Edit: Also that fishing guide is terrible. For skilling up there is absolutely 0 reason to move every couple of levels. 0-90 I think I use a total of maybe 7 different spots

yeah, you could literally spend basically 0 to almost 100 in Nashmau alone; Istiridye for the first ~50, and then Mercanbaligi and Ahtapot to ~90. you can make the Istiridyes into Pearls/Black Pearls with Wind Crystals, and just straight vendor the Mercs/pots.
By clearlyamule 2017-11-09 00:22:41
Link | Quote | Reply

fillerbunny9 said: »

yeah, you could literally spend basically 0 to almost 100 in Nashmau alone; Istiridye for the first ~50, and then Mercanbaligi and Ahtapot to ~90. you can make the Istiridyes into Pearls/Black Pearls with Wind Crystals, and just straight vendor the Mercs/pots.
You could. I think what I usually did was moat carp, crystal carp, shall shell than nashmau cause I loved those insanely high bite rates
 Lakshmi.Chilzen
Server: Lakshmi
user: Chilzen
By Lakshmi.Chilzen 2017-11-09 00:23:27
Link | Quote | Reply

I have a question pertaining to payment, but I was curious if there are any prepaid cards I can use to pay for XI or buy Crysta with. I recently was given a VanillaOne master card with some money on it, but the card kept obtaining error 601 on SE's site, so I gave up before the card or my account became locked. I'd buy that one $20 card that used to cover multiple MMOs and F2P titles, but it seems it doesn't exist anymore when I looked in stores, so I'm at an impasse at the moment.
By Sidiov 2017-11-09 00:39:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Chilzen said: »
I have a question pertaining to payment, but I was curious if there are any prepaid cards I can use to pay for XI or buy Crysta with. I recently was given a VanillaOne master card with some money on it, but the card kept obtaining error 601 on SE's site, so I gave up before the card or my account became locked. I'd buy that one $20 card that used to cover multiple MMOs and F2P titles, but it seems it doesn't exist anymore when I looked in stores, so I'm at an impasse at the moment.
If you have a paypal account you may be able to link that card to Paypal then use paypal on the SE site to buy crysta.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 507 508 509 ... 836 837 838