Random Question Thread (FFXI Related)

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Random Question thread (FFXI related)
Random Question thread (FFXI related)
First Page 2 3 ... 504 505 506 ... 831 832 833
 Asura.Sechs
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2017-10-17 13:44:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Martel said: »
Interference is... weird. I did a fair bit of testing on it awhile back.
Thanks Martel.

It all started because recently I started to notice big spikes in damage from Interference, I was dying very often on my DNC (very low on JPs) with >2k spikes in damage.
And that was with at least 20% PDT (likely more) and Miso Ramen +1, and Protect5 of course.
I've never seen Interference hitting so hard on any of my melee jobs.

Maybe it's a coincidence or maybe it's a matter of me remembering numbers pre-Geo Nerf, no clue.

So DT works, BDT doesn't, MDT doesn't either, what about PDT?
But considering MDB/Mab- work on the move I guess that means it's not physical damage and, as such, defense, PDT and stuff like Wilt should bear no effect on the damage reduction.

Fend works and Vex might.
Unless... unless it's some sort of hybrid strange thing, huh...

Last thing: does it get absorbed by shadows or does it just strip em?
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2017-10-17 13:47:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Selindrile said: »
I'm willing to call it myth busted at this point
If it landed with Odyllic + Lux x3 + Master Run + Pflug... yeah, pretty much.

Clearlyamule are you 100% sure about those resists reported?
To be fair I could remember me and other people randomly resisting Tiiimber from Super Arciela in SR but I wasn't completely sure, guess that didn't happen then.
By clearlyamule 2017-10-17 13:49:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Pflug has not been up when he's used it so far, still testing, he keeps being slow on the use, but yes, Tiiimber has landed doom every single time, have no outside buffs yet, haven't added Vex/Attune to the mix.

Edit: Pflug was up that time, still landed, still doing more testing.

Subterfuge + Pflug + Meva set master Run.

I'm willing to call it myth busted at this point:

Hmmm last time I fought I was on pld so maybe I had used fealty?

Asura.Sechs said: »
Clearlyamule are you 100% sure about those resists reported?
To be fair I could remember me and other people randomly resisting Tiiimber from Super Arciela in SR but I wasn't completely sure, guess that didn't happen then.
Well been awhile since I did Yumcax but last time I remember people all around me dying screaming for cursnas while my mule didn't have to each time.
By clearlyamule 2017-10-17 14:06:37
Link | Quote | Reply

It all started because recently I started to notice big spikes in damage from Interference, I was dying very often on my DNC (very low on JPs) with >2k spikes in damage.
It landing MDB down can increase dmg a bit. And being main target probably increases it a bit. Last time I bothered keeping track of dmg it would be fairly consistent between a few different dmgs and their resist dmgs as long as I kept dt/mdb/int the same.
 Asura.Selindrile
By Asura.Selindrile 2017-10-17 14:24:34
Link | Quote | Reply

@clearlyamule Hrm, you'd only have fealty up quite rarely.... but I can go test it, I have master pld and decent MEVA set there too.

Edit: Tested:
Master Pld, Meva Set, Fealty up.

@Sechs I used to get murdered on Blu when I was caught out of my MDT sets and magic barrier was down, but those are mostly DT, so, yeah.
 Ragnarok.Martel
Server: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Martel 2017-10-17 14:47:21
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm actually not sure how exactly Interference interacts with shadows. I'm certain it doesn't prevent the damage. But whether it strips shadows or just ignores them I don't know.
By clearlyamule 2017-10-17 15:16:37
Link | Quote | Reply

@clearlyamule Hrm, you'd only have fealty up quite rarely.... but I can go test it, I have master pld and decent MEVA set there too.

Edit: Tested:
Master Pld, Meva Set, Fealty up.
Well *** then idk what happened. Guess misremembering or someone was being insanely pro at cursnaing me lol
 Asura.Selindrile
By Asura.Selindrile 2017-10-17 15:25:24
Link | Quote | Reply

clearlyamule said: »
Well *** then idk what happened. Guess misremembering or someone was being insanely pro at cursnaing me lol

Asylum maybe?
By clearlyamule 2017-10-17 16:48:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Asylum maybe?
At this point not really sure. Did have a pocket whm with me so maybe? Maybe divine caress works?
 Asura.Selindrile
By Asura.Selindrile 2017-10-17 18:15:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Divine caress does do something interesting, I remember something like, if you have a divine caress and a failed cursna it extends the death proc or something.... I can't remember exactly... idk, maybe I'm making that up XD
 Asura.Pergatory
user: Pergatory
By Asura.Pergatory 2017-10-18 15:12:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Pergatory said: »
Kin's Death Sentence only lands if the tank has much higher enmity than the next person on the list.
How do you define "much"? What is the acceptable threshold within which the move doesn't land?
I don't know, didn't test it extensively. I just know that if I run in and Flash/Foil/Jettatura/Gaze him right off the bat, and he uses Death Sentence before the other DDs roll in there, it will land. If I just use Flash/Foil and then chill for a bit, I generally seem to be ok. That should give you a rough idea of the kind of enmity gap needed for doom to land.

Pardon my skepticism but I can think about several situations I experienced where the enmity difference was supposedly very big yet Doom was sticking pretty good on PLD and hardly ever (if ever) on RUN with the right setup.
That matches my experience. You need a small enmity gap, not a large one, to resist it. So a PLD with very big enmity difference will get doomed constantly.
 Asura.Cair
VIP
user: Minjo
By Asura.Cair 2017-10-19 08:10:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Has anyone come across the .DAT file for ROE objectives? It seems to be a different format from standard quest files (if only slightly), so standard search methods aren't yielding anything.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Sylph.Reain
Server: Sylph
user: dmregm
By Sylph.Reain 2017-10-21 14:44:56
Link | Quote | Reply

I think Interference is part dark. Dark Carol II annul lowered the damage but not to 0.
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2017-10-21 21:23:57
Link | Quote | Reply

So the Raetic Rod;

Cure is 8 mp and if cast with Raetic it's new cost is ~11mp

is that the correct way in figuring that out? +30% of the cost of the cure mp?
By clearlyamule 2017-10-21 23:09:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Reain said: »
I think Interference is part dark. Dark Carol II annul lowered the damage but not to 0.
Do you have exact amounts it was before and after and sure nothing else changed on the character hit?
 Odin.Geriond
Server: Odin
user: Gerion
By Odin.Geriond 2017-10-22 11:48:36
Link | Quote | Reply

When trying to get the Story of a Curious Chocobo via 3 long walks with Brutus, is there a specific condition for getting the 3rd walk? I've done long walks about 15 days in a row now without meeting him again.
 Sylph.Reain
Server: Sylph
user: dmregm
By Sylph.Reain 2017-10-22 16:11:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Reain said: »
Do you have exact amounts it was before and after and sure nothing else changed on the character hit?

I think I might have remembered wrong. Might have been Dark resistance helps you lower damage but Dark Carol II couldn't annul it.
 Leviathan.Tenzen
Server: Leviathan
user: Tenzen
By Leviathan.Tenzen 2017-10-24 08:08:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Any piece of old skirmish armor worth keeping?
(hagondes, gendewitha, otronif, cizin, iuitl)

Really need to free up some space on char..
 Leviathan.Isiolia
user: Isiolia
By Leviathan.Isiolia 2017-10-24 09:22:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Tenzen said: »

I'd say Gendewitha hands/feet (+1) are - the hands are one of the better Fast Cast options for the slot (best for some jobs still, I think). The feet are the best Cursna piece for the slot. That's not even including potential augments.

I think Iuitl hands are still your easy/starter option for Snapshot on RNG - the Su3 gear is better, or Taeon with double Snapshot augments.
[+]
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2017-10-24 09:47:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Tenzen said: »

Gende+1 are still the best for BRD song precast.
Gende+1 legs are not the best anymore but close to that, pretty acceptable if you have one.
Gende+1 feet are the best Cursna piece, but Vanya partially compensates the inferior cursna value with more +healing magic skill (which also affects Cursna land rate %)
Gende are still better but the difference is smaller than that 10 vs 5 suggests. If you're looking for inventory saving, since you presumably already have Vanya for Cpot builds, I guess you can scrap Gende+1. Vanya aren't BiS but it's a good inventory saving compromise

Comparing Hagondes+1 with 4PDT/4MDT to the new Ambuscade Body I also noticed that while the latter has better DT (especially on the +2 version) it also lacks the +2 refresh and has lower Meva/Eva.
Not sure if this makes Hagondes+1 worth it...
Also Hagondes used to be quite an excellent perpetuation body for SMN because it allowed you to get -4 in aug and +2 refresh which kinda converted to a 6mp/tick saving.
Thing is SMN nowadays get so many different nice options for perpetuation (even without Nirvana) that I'm not sure you want to use that body anymore, plus you kinda want to reach at least teh 575 SMN skill idle for the Favor Tier, which is a slightly more complex condition to fulfill if you rule out the body slot.

Can't think of any other option that can't get better (and often easier) stats either from built-in stats, fixed augments (eschalixirs) or Reisen augments (for example FC stuff).
[+]
 Leviathan.Tenzen
user: Tenzen
By Leviathan.Tenzen 2017-10-24 10:16:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Thnx, appreciate it!
 Siren.Kyte
Server: Siren
By Siren.Kyte 2017-10-24 22:57:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Has anyone else noticed findall returning false positives (i.e. saying I have gear that I don't, nor ever have in the past)?

EDIT: I guess slips are messed up from the update
[+]
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2017-10-25 00:59:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Happened to me too. Solved by clearing findall data
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2017-10-27 09:47:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Is there a mog garden guide anywhere? Specifically, I'm interested in capping all of the ranks for ygnas directive in the least amount of time.
By clearlyamule 2017-10-27 10:17:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Not a guide per se but bg wiki does detail what counts as credit towards ranking up and how much it takes. One thing to add that you might not catch from it is using your assistants to grant you more chances on the grove/mine does help
 Cerberus.Goldenfoon
Server: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Goldenfoon 2017-10-27 13:20:24
Link | Quote | Reply

I would like to redo some of the gear augments for the mini-Add-On Expansions. It looks like now you can buy the KI from a gobbie for the battles but do I need to drop the gear first before I do the battle? Thanks!
 Asura.Pergatory
user: Pergatory
By Asura.Pergatory 2017-10-27 13:48:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Goldenfoon said: »
I would like to redo some of the gear augments for the mini-Add-On Expansions. It looks like now you can buy the KI from a gobbie for the battles but do I need to drop the gear first before I do the battle? Thanks!
The timing varies from add-on to add-on. I remember the moogle one being more restrictive than the ACP one. The ACP one I think you can wait until after the battle to drop your old one, but the moogle one you definitely need to drop before the battle.

If you want to be on the safe side, just drop it before you do anything, including getting the KI from the goblin.
 Cerberus.Goldenfoon
Server: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Goldenfoon 2017-10-27 14:55:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Pergatory said: »
Cerberus.Goldenfoon said: »
The timing varies from add-on to add-on. I remember the moogle one being more restrictive than the ACP one. The ACP one I think you can wait until after the battle to drop your old one, but the moogle one you definitely need to drop before the battle.

If you want to be on the safe side, just drop it before you do anything, including getting the KI from the goblin.

Thanks!
First Page 2 3 ... 504 505 506 ... 831 832 833