Random Question Thread (FFXI Related)

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Random Question thread (FFXI related)
Random Question thread (FFXI related)
First Page 2 3 ... 501 502 503 ... 831 832 833
 Shiva.Kasaioni
Server: Shiva
Game: FFXI
user: Kasaioni
By Shiva.Kasaioni 2017-09-16 12:47:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Dannyl said: »
Shiva.Kasaioni said: »
Any recommendations for locations to complete "Crustacean Infusion" that aren't apex? I've been doing Viseclaw in The Boyahda Tree, and can just barely get a fusion off before they die. Been using Ayame trust for skillchains. (Tachi: Kagero -> Cyclone).

You can always use a DMG 1 weapon.

Duriumshell's in Vunkerl Inlet (S) at H-7 a good option
Yeah, I figured I should probably just change my weapons. Thanks.
 Asura.Sechs
Server: Asura
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2017-09-18 02:48:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Does WSD as a stat work on Magical WSs as well?
What about strange stuff like Spirits Within and Sanguine Blade? Or Atonement?
By Afania 2017-09-18 06:16:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Sechs said: »
Does WSD as a stat work on Magical WSs as well?

Yes.
[+]
By clearlyamule 2017-09-18 09:25:30
Link | Quote | Reply

What about strange stuff like Spirits Within and Sanguine Blade? Or Atonement?
Yes on these too though Sanguine blade is also just magical. Elemental belts and gorgets however wont increase the dmg of them
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2017-09-19 06:29:47
Link | Quote | Reply

For Magical WS, more specifically for Aeolian Edge, is there a threshold where one becomes better than the other between MAB and FTP bonus in the Neck/Waist slot?

Trying to evaluate Elemental gorget/belt vs MAB accessories.
 Lakshmi.Krazykozy
Server: Lakshmi
user: Krazykozy
By Lakshmi.Krazykozy 2017-09-19 13:20:56
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm having an issue, wherein I have traded my SAM hands for +3 upgrade w. the cards and exchanged beads for the speedy route. Only to find that I was short beads for the second part of the trade, now I have the proper amount and materials(1 cyan orb, 3 S. leathers, and 1 Cypress Log) and the NPC refuses to take them and upgrade my weapon... Any suggestions?

edit: nvm....... problem solved..
By clearlyamule 2017-09-19 15:45:41
Link | Quote | Reply

For Magical WS, more specifically for Aeolian Edge, is there a threshold where one becomes better than the other between MAB and FTP bonus in the Neck/Waist slot?

Sliding scale like anything. Just do total MAB*FTP in each circumstance for shorthand way of seeing which is better
[+]
 Fenrir.Cherrywine
Server: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Cherrywine 2017-09-19 20:33:18
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm sure it's been shared somewhere, so I apologize in advance for a redundant question... Which Vana'versary ROE gives the new KI this month?
 Leviathan.Brotherhood
Server: Leviathan
user: bluecop81
By Leviathan.Brotherhood 2017-09-19 20:39:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Skull.
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2017-09-20 02:12:26
Link | Quote | Reply

clearlyamule said: »

Sliding scale like anything. Just do total MAB*FTP in each circumstance for shorthand way of seeing which is better
Let's pretend for a moment that I understood what you said.
I have ~174 mab in my set with the 2 Fotia items.
191 if I swap those 2 for Mab accessories
Is my math correct? This would mean that at 1000 TP they're more or less the same, and the more I have TP over 1000, the more using MAB accessories over Fotia is gonna be better.
Granted that the difference seems to be getting noticeable only as you approach 3000.

At this point it makes me wonder if using my Moonshade earring would be better than my mab+6 earring. I think it probably would, let's see.
250 TP bonus at 1000 TP should convert into roughly 0.25 ftp
At 2000 tp into roughly 0.375
Sooo...

(1000 TP) 168 * 2.45 = 411.6
(2000 TP) 168 * 3.575 = 600.6

Supposing my approximation method to account for TP bonus as if it were ftp is correct then the answer is: yes, Moonshade is worth over Crematio Earring for Aeolian Edge.
I think? Uh...
I suck at this stuff, someone please supervise me :(
By clearlyamule 2017-09-20 10:28:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Let's pretend for a moment that I understood what you said.
I have ~174 mab in my set with the 2 Fotia items.
191 if I swap those 2 for Mab accessories
Is my math correct? This would mean that at 1000 TP they're more or less the same, and the more I have TP over 1000, the more using MAB accessories over Fotia is gonna be better.
Granted that the difference seems to be getting noticeable only as you approach 3000.

At this point it makes me wonder if using my Moonshade earring would be better than my mab+6 earring. I think it probably would, let's see.
250 TP bonus at 1000 TP should convert into roughly 0.25 ftp
At 2000 tp into roughly 0.375
Sooo...

(1000 TP) 168 * 2.45 = 411.6
(2000 TP) 168 * 3.575 = 600.6

Supposing my approximation method to account for TP bonus as if it were ftp is correct then the answer is: yes, Moonshade is worth over Crematio Earring for Aeolian Edge.
I think? Uh...
I suck at this stuff, someone please supervise me :(
The math looks correct though we generally for math mab/100 (since that looks more like the multiplier we'd use for dmg calculations) though for pure comparison like this obviously makes no difference but makes the 2nd point I'm going to make, make more sense. In that you might not be using the right mab value. Remember that players start with a base 100 or 1.00 multiplier. Also remember to add in other sources that are easy to forget like buffs, zone buffs and jps if applicable.

Also technically technically fotia is 25/256... it's not that huge of a difference from .1 so it's not a huge deal if you use .1 for simplicity but if you wanted to get that extra tiny bit of accuracy. Though by then might as well do full calcs due to roundings at each step lol
 Fenrir.Richybear
user: Richybear
By Fenrir.Richybear 2017-09-20 10:56:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Cherrywine said: »
I'm sure it's been shared somewhere, so I apologize in advance for a redundant question... Which Vana'versary ROE gives the new KI this month?

Basics > Tutorial > MNK Isn't Good > Resubscribe
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2017-09-20 13:08:08
Link | Quote | Reply

The math looks correct though we generally for math mab/100 (since that looks more like the multiplier we'd use for dmg calculations) though for pure comparison like this obviously makes no difference but makes the 2nd point I'm going to make, make more sense. In that you might not be using the right mab value. Remember that players start with a base 100 or 1.00 multiplier. Also remember to add in other sources that are easy to forget like buffs, zone buffs and jps if applicable.

Also technically technically fotia is 25/256... it's not that huge of a difference from .1 so it's not a huge deal if you use .1 for simplicity but if you wanted to get that extra tiny bit of accuracy. Though by then might as well do full calcs due to roundings at each step lol
Oh... yeah I calculated ONLY the mab from gear.
So players get approx 100mab by default, for basic calculations?
Means I'll have to add 100 to that number and also check if I get any from Gifts, don't think so but I need to doublecheck lol

I'll update my papers in light of this. Thaaaaaaaaanks! <3
 Fenrir.Cherrywine
By Fenrir.Cherrywine 2017-09-20 13:10:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Richybear said: »
Fenrir.Cherrywine said: »

Basics > Tutorial > MNK Isn't Good > Resubscribe

lol, it's true.
By clearlyamule 2017-09-20 13:47:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh... yeah I calculated ONLY the mab from gear.
So players get approx 100mab by default, for basic calculations?
Means I'll have to add 100 to that number and also check if I get any from Gifts, don't think so but I need to doublecheck lol

I'll update my papers in light of this. Thaaaaaaaaanks! <3
Sort of. 100 or 1.0 is basically neutral for mdb and mab in terms of math. Like if you actually had 0 (not that your mab can get that low) well anything times 0... and -mab would make you do negative dmg lol. So everything is referenced around a 1.0 multiplier/divisor
[+]
 Cua
By Cua 2017-09-20 18:09:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Hello,

I'd rather post here rather than the Returning Player thread since there's more action.

Thinking about coming back. I started fresh and have a level 85 THF logged out somewhere in the first escha zone.

Ideally, I want to come back, part time. I want to level and gear BLU, with Tizona being the dream. I'm leveling THF for dynamis soloing and obvious gil solving problems.

My question: I heard there are gear sets in game now. Organizing a LUA / Gearswap file seems daunting. Does it do the trick?
 Leviathan.Isiolia
user: Isiolia
By Leviathan.Isiolia 2017-09-20 18:43:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Cua said: »
My question: I heard there are gear sets in game now. Organizing a LUA / Gearswap file seems daunting. Does it do the trick?

In-game gearsets do, of course, function, and are more capable and appealing than old-school macros. Pretty decent for pre-99 or something if you don't yet have many swaps.

Gearswap is still far superior in the long run, for a couple major reasons I'd say.

First, because it's automatic - however you want to input things, whether typing commands, picking things from the menu, making macros, binding keys...Gearswap will handle swapping sets around. Using sets means macros, and hitting multiple macros (or otherwise increasing inputs needed) most of the time.
You can get pretty extravagant with it, but even a very basic LUA vastly reduces the busywork involve in using a full array of gear.

Second, because it can swap gear faster than is otherwise possible. Both with regard to human response or latency, and what the client will actually tend to accept anyway. That mostly pertains to things like pre/mid swaps on spells or ranged attacks, so it's a bigger deal for some jobs than others.

That initial setup of a LUA can be a bit tedious, but it's well worth it.
 Cua
By Cua 2017-09-20 19:12:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Damn. I assume there are templates made where I could just fill in the blanks on these files?
 Leviathan.Isiolia
user: Isiolia
By Leviathan.Isiolia 2017-09-20 19:31:53
Link | Quote | Reply

That'd be a typical way to get started, yes. There are a couple linked in the BLU guide, and others around if you look.
 Cua
By Cua 2017-09-20 20:34:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks everyone. I look forward to it.
 Valefor.Terravcota
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Terravcota 2017-09-21 19:02:26
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm trying to get the IME plugin to work and the language selection box isn't showing up when I press space.

1. Does it still work?

2. If yes above, I probably missed one of the check boxes... but now all my settings are in Japanese and I can't read enough Kanji. Can someone tell me what the following are in Japanese?

Extend support of advanced text services
Compatibility Configuration

3. Can key combinations for IME be changed or do I need to go change any GS LUAs that overwrite key combos that it uses (e.g., ALT+~)?

4. Anything else dumb I could be missing?
 Cerberus.Anjisnu
Server: Cerberus
user: anjisnu
By Cerberus.Anjisnu 2017-09-23 03:26:22
Link | Quote | Reply

does the RoE for nation rank 10 stack or just the nation you're in 10% count ?

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Xilk
By Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk 2017-09-23 05:34:58
Link | Quote | Reply

DirectX said: »
If Omen items for AF+3 were sellable (i.e. not Ex) how much do you think the market value for them would be? 2-3M or 20-30M?

Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2017-09-23 05:53:57
Link | Quote | Reply

DirectX said: »
If Omen items for AF+3 were sellable (i.e. not Ex) how much do you think the market value for them would be? 2-3M or 20-30M?
You mean the scales from the bosses?
I'd say more towards 2-3 mils. One is guaranteed with high chance of a second and you only need one for each +3 upgrade.
No way it would be worth more than 2-3 mils imo.
Probably less tbh.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Bismarck.Zuidar
Server: Bismarck
user: Radiuz
By Bismarck.Zuidar 2017-09-23 10:10:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Aoryu said: »
can i make a jse weapon if i'm in the middle of ag another one? ex. in the process of ag epeolatry and want to make a terpander.

You can't while you have already begun any process of turning in materials to Oboro . Canceling the process will result in the materials already turned in being lost, so be careful
 Bismarck.Patrik
Server: Bismarck
user: Patrik
By Bismarck.Patrik 2017-09-23 10:51:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Anjisnu said: »
does the RoE for nation rank 10 stack or just the nation you're in 10% count ?
They stack.
 Odin.Godofgods
Server: Odin
By Odin.Godofgods 2017-09-23 14:08:22
Link | Quote | Reply

im going to assume no one ever tried this... but would it count if while making a mythic weapon, on the assault logs, and you canceled the weapon (if u can.. i forget) but kept the completed logs and started a new mythic. Could u trade those old completed logs in and count?
 Cerberus.Kylos
Server: Cerberus
user: Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2017-09-23 18:39:21
Link | Quote | Reply

What is better for Insurgency? Multi-attack or WSdmg? I assume multi-attack, but someone else thinks WSdmg. Thanks for any feedback.
First Page 2 3 ... 501 502 503 ... 831 832 833