Random Question Thread (FFXI Related)

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Random Question thread (FFXI related)
Random Question thread (FFXI related)
First Page 2 3 ... 500 501 502 ... 834 835 836
 Asura.Psylo
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: psylo
By Asura.Psylo 2017-09-09 11:21:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Hello, everyone, i have a problem about trust quest, Jamal, the npc in rulude don't want to give me the Bundle of half-inscribed scrolls Ki, but if i follow BG :

Quote:
Provides you with a Bundle of half-inscribed scrolls after obtaining the following trusts:

Naji, Ayame, Volker, Iron Eater, Excenmille, Curilla, Trion, Kupipi, Nanaa Mihgo, Ajido-Marujido, Shantotto
This key item is then used as a prerequisite to obtain various others trusts.

i have all the trust in this list, and jamal still don't give me the KI, any idea ?
By clearlyamule 2017-09-09 12:21:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Have you completed WoTG?
By Qiqirnmercenary 2017-09-09 17:18:34
Link | Quote | Reply

I've been playing around with the /bell command using Lady Bell, and I stumbled across something interesting. All jobs can equip it, but when you try to use the command on GEO and/or RUN, nothing happens. A bit ironic that GEO can't use it. Anyone else encounter this?

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Psylo
user: psylo
By Asura.Psylo 2017-09-10 02:13:26
Link | Quote | Reply

clearlyamule said: »
Have you completed WoTG?
Yep i have finish all mission...

Ok i got it ... its was shantoto trust, in fact the one i have was D.Shantoto ....
By clearlyamule 2017-09-10 02:18:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Psylo said: »
clearlyamule said: »
Have you completed WoTG?
Yep i have finish all mission...
hmmm idk should be able to get it. Have you tried talking to the npcs for the trusts involving that?
By Joshwaa 2017-09-10 19:55:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Is there a way to create the Shinryu fight many times? Interested in learning Mighty Guard but haven't done the quest progression to that fight. Hoping to ask a LS mate if they can open the battlefield and I join them, but don't wanna waste anyone's time.
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
Server: Leviathan
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2017-09-10 23:03:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Joshwaa said: »
Is there a way to create the Shinryu fight many times? Interested in learning Mighty Guard but haven't done the quest progression to that fight. Hoping to ask a LS mate if they can open the battlefield and I join them, but don't wanna waste anyone's time.
No dice, need the quest line just to participate.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Ragnarok.Fabiano
Server: Ragnarok
user: fabiano
By Ragnarok.Fabiano 2017-09-11 00:04:29
Link | Quote | Reply

is there a way i can let ffxi run without crashing when starting other games ?

pol allways crashes when the display driver resets
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2017-09-11 01:26:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Fabiano said: »
is there a way i can let ffxi run without crashing when starting other games ?

pol allways crashes when the display driver resets
If you use DGvoodoo it probably won't crash.
By Staleyx 2017-09-11 15:28:21
Link | Quote | Reply

My mule can not teleport to alzadaal undersea ruins via unity warp. My question is why? She has all missions done. Do you have to be captain?
By abknight 2017-09-11 15:45:52
Link | Quote | Reply

How would you order the following jobs' solo sustainability (from most to least), and what tools account for their sustainability?

DRK, BLU, DNC, NIN, SAM, WAR, THF, RNG

Assumes best possible gear for each and fighting soloable-but-tough mobs toe-to-toe. I find it interesting how much this has changed over the years. For instance, I remember DRK being a glass Cannon that couldn't solo anything pre-dread spikes, but it seems like a top contender now. I saw NIN solo a couple of HNM at the 70 cap with the right regen/evasion builds and stun katana, but they seem to be overshadowed by BLU nowadays. THF used to be able to evasion/sleep bolt solo anything that could be slept, but I haven't seen that tactic employed since 60 cap content.

I've only played casually since the 75 cap so I'd like to hear from some modern day endgamers.
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2017-09-11 16:07:41
Link | Quote | Reply

majority of sustainability comes from trusts, not the jobs themselves.. but they do have differences between them, and a sturdier job will be able to survive with trust heals for much longer

rng is completely glass and trust tank/healers are not good enough to let you shoot from a distance, so it's pretty much out

war has some nice sets available, but has to give up something with any of them.. somewhat sustainable with bravura and a hybrid set but it's not really a choice solo job

thf is incredibly squishy with little redeeming factor past TH, evasion is largely useless now

drk has some decent self preservation options, but takes too much damage on the regular for it to be sustainable over the course of an extended fight

blu has amazing physical damage mitigation through cocoon/mighty guard, decent magic mitigation through mighty guard and saline coat, various debuffs(aoe sleep, long stuns, etc), and self heals to supplement trust healing

nin has an incredible amount of shadows now, and great magic evasion to go with it through the kendatsuba set

dnc and sam are passable, with dnc having heavy self heals and sam having access to kendatsuba and seigan, but if your primary goal is to be a sturdy soloer neither is likely to be the best pick

blu > nin > sam > war > drk > dnc > thf > rng i'd say
[+]
 Shiva.Berzerk
Server: Shiva
user: Berzerk06
By Shiva.Berzerk 2017-09-12 00:58:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Trying to get SAM AF pants from coffer. Was able to get everything else normally, have talked to Guslam and was able to get the body from the appropriate coffer.

When I go to quicksand caves, the first coffer gave me a map, 2nd one gave me gil, next 2 after that disappeared, and then i waited an hour and came back, it gave me gil again. I'm on SAM, the hands quest is completed, was able to get the body from Uggalepih coffer... what gives?
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2017-09-12 01:08:23
Link | Quote | Reply

It wasn't mentioned in abknight's original post request so Comeatmebro rightfully didn't talk about it, but RDM is an excellent solo job as well.
Its DD capabilities get often underestimated.
 Fenrir.Tarowyn
Server: Fenrir
user: Tarowyn
By Fenrir.Tarowyn 2017-09-12 01:45:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Berzerk said: »
Trying to get SAM AF pants from coffer. Was able to get everything else normally, have talked to Guslam and was able to get the body from the appropriate coffer.

When I go to quicksand caves, the first coffer gave me a map, 2nd one gave me gil, next 2 after that disappeared, and then i waited an hour and came back, it gave me gil again. I'm on SAM, the hands quest is completed, was able to get the body from Uggalepih coffer... what gives?

Silly question, but did you do an /itemsearch to make sure you didn't already pick it up at some point and just forgot?
 Bismarck.Vashkoda
Server: Bismarck
user: Vashkoda
By Bismarck.Vashkoda 2017-09-12 01:57:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Comeatmebro said: »
majority of sustainability comes from trusts, not the jobs themselves.. but they do have differences between them, and a sturdier job will be able to survive with trust heals for much longer

If you're allowing trusts at all in this scenario, then you should also allow for trust tanks. I know the OP said "toe-to-toe", but jobs like thf, bst and smn can solo quite well with a trust partner (and trusts like August can be pretty sturdy). I think the ranking would change depending on factors such as whether trusts are included, how long the fight is expected to take, if there are multiple targets, and how you define "solo-able but tough" (are they tough because they have loads of hp, because of their melee attacks vs nukes vs aoe moves that wipe shadows vs debuffs vs cheesy mechanics? Staying safe on ranged jobs, pet jobs, and even nuking/helix kills are strats that let people get around those issues, yet I have a feeling that's not the question the OP is asking.

But otherwise, I agree that BLU is the most well-rounded for surviving direct hits and doing decent damage, with a good selection of self-sc weaponskills, especially when paired with their spell buffs and debuffs, aoe nukes, and customizable traits.
[+]
 Leviathan.Demoniqex
user: Demoniqex
By Leviathan.Demoniqex 2017-09-12 02:50:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Ummm not sure if I missed something as per usual or if this has been around for a while but struck it rich on a mule (dark matter) from daily dial lol. Sold it and tried to send the funds to my main, but to my surprise I couldn't send more than 1 mil exact. Is part of their hq update for crafting?
 Fenrir.Tarowyn
Server: Fenrir
user: Tarowyn
By Fenrir.Tarowyn 2017-09-12 02:52:34
Link | Quote | Reply

That feature has been around since 2006, lol.
[+]
 Leviathan.Demoniqex
user: Demoniqex
By Leviathan.Demoniqex 2017-09-12 02:55:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Lmfao thanks, guess I have never had more than a mil on mule. Milestone!
 Shiva.Berzerk
user: Berzerk06
By Shiva.Berzerk 2017-09-12 08:56:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Tarowyn said: »
Shiva.Berzerk said: »

Silly question, but did you do an /itemsearch to make sure you didn't already pick it up at some point and just forgot?

Do you mean with //find? Tried that and nothing, I never did this Boghertz quest before was only on the 2nd AF quest for the feet when i decided to start these.

EDIT: Tried waiting overnight for a "delay" I've seen mentioned if you keep getting coffers that disappear. Just got a jadeite this morning. Guessing my best bet is to just restart the whole questline incase I actually did quest these many years ago.
 Cerberus.Goldenfoon
Server: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Goldenfoon 2017-09-14 11:17:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Is anyone spamming ambuscade v2 solo with trusts this month? If so what set ups are you using? Thanks!
By anik 2017-09-14 14:01:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Goldenfoon said: »
Is anyone spamming ambuscade v2 solo with trusts this month? If so what set ups are you using? Thanks!
August Shant II Ayame leafboy Apururu
 Cerberus.Goldenfoon
Server: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Goldenfoon 2017-09-14 21:58:41
Link | Quote | Reply

anik said: »
Cerberus.Goldenfoon said: »
August Shant II Ayame leafboy Apururu

Thanks!
By abknight 2017-09-15 00:04:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Can you have more than one aftermath active at a time?
 Siren.Kyte
Server: Siren
By Siren.Kyte 2017-09-15 00:06:22
Link | Quote | Reply

no
 Shiva.Kasaioni
user: Kasaioni
By Shiva.Kasaioni 2017-09-16 09:19:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Any recommendations for locations to complete "Crustacean Infusion" that aren't apex? I've been doing Viseclaw in The Boyahda Tree, and can just barely get a fusion off before they die. Been using Ayame trust for skillchains. (Tachi: Kagero -> Cyclone).
 Bahamut.Dannyl
Server: Bahamut
user: dannyl
By Bahamut.Dannyl 2017-09-16 10:25:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Kasaioni said: »
Any recommendations for locations to complete "Crustacean Infusion" that aren't apex? I've been doing Viseclaw in The Boyahda Tree, and can just barely get a fusion off before they die. Been using Ayame trust for skillchains. (Tachi: Kagero -> Cyclone).

You can always use a DMG 1 weapon.

Duriumshell's in Vunkerl Inlet (S) at H-7 a good option
 Shiva.Spynx
user: auron86
By Shiva.Spynx 2017-09-16 11:49:51
Link | Quote | Reply

SCH immanence works and if you don't have a weapon equipped you won't even kill a Kuftal Tunnel crab with t1>t1. Then again you are bound to strats timer so takes forever compared to a dmg 1 weapon and capped haste (RDM trust+cornelia) SCing
First Page 2 3 ... 500 501 502 ... 834 835 836