Random Question Thread (FFXI Related)

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Random Question thread (FFXI related)
Random Question thread (FFXI related)
First Page 2 3 ... 495 496 497 ... 834 835 836
By jopa 2017-07-06 18:04:16
Link | Quote | Reply

So I've read that Dark Ring's MDT augments secretly include BDT, and I've seen some say that this goes for all MDT augments. So my questions are

1. Does this mean a "perfect" 666 Dark Ring gives BDT -12%?
2. Since the old Skirmish armor +1 can be augmented with PDT -4% and MDT-4% with Wailing Stones +2, does this mean they can essentially be DT -4%?

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
By Taint 2017-07-06 21:07:15
Link | Quote | Reply

I can't set Ambu RoE this month...it still wants Tonberries, any ideas?
 Fenrir.Tarowyn
Server: Fenrir
Game: FFXI
user: Tarowyn
By Fenrir.Tarowyn 2017-07-06 21:15:45
Link | Quote | Reply

I had the same problem, your system didn't get updated properly by the version update. There's a file to delete in your FFXI folder (I think it's patch2.cfg, something with a modified timestamp on the last day you updated) and your system will do a file check and reupdate when you try and log in next.
 Asura.Inuyushi
Server: Asura
user: Inuyushi
By Asura.Inuyushi 2017-07-06 22:52:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Anyone have a good Jailer of Love/Absolute Virtue strategy for today's level? Would SCH and GEO be enough with trusts?

Edit: Trio with anything that whacks really well.
 Asura.Kazaki
user: Kazaki
By Asura.Kazaki 2017-07-09 18:11:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Hope this is the right place, I didn't think it deserved its own thread.

If Organizer plugin can move everything in less than a second, why does it take ages to move one item across manually? Why is there so much delay and is there a fix to that?

Thanks
By zaxtiss 2017-07-10 09:31:40
Link | Quote | Reply

think that would be better put here.
http://www.ffxiah.com/forum/topic/46589/organizer/
 Shiva.Kasaioni
Server: Shiva
user: Kasaioni
By Shiva.Kasaioni 2017-07-10 14:56:33
Link | Quote | Reply

I can't seem to flag the quest "Mihgo's Amigo" for the Vana'versary ROE. I made sure I don't have the Marauder's Knife in my inventory, nor do I have THF AF1 or Windurst 2-1 quests flagged. But Nanaa just tells me she's "busy" whenever I talk to her.

Post deleted by User.
 Shiva.Kasaioni
user: Kasaioni
By Shiva.Kasaioni 2017-07-10 15:12:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Lennart said: »
Shiva.Kasaioni said: »
I can't seem to flag the quest "Mihgo's Amigo" for the Vana'versary ROE. I made sure I don't have the Marauder's Knife in my inventory, nor do I have THF AF1 or Windurst 2-1 quests flagged. But Nanaa just tells me she's "busy" whenever I talk to her.
You can just trade her the 4 beads with the RoE quest active and it should complete, no flagging necessary.
I'm dumb. I just traded her the items. Thought she might actually say something pertaining to the quest. Thanks.

Post deleted by User.
 Odin.Foxmulder
Server: Odin
user: Chakan
By Odin.Foxmulder 2017-07-10 16:17:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Kazaki said:
Hope this is the right place, I didn't think it deserved its own thread.

If Organizer plugin can move everything in less than a second, why does it take ages to move one item across manually? Why is there so much delay and is there a fix to that?

Thanks

Going to guess it's a client-side limitation to help prevent duping and other issues. SE has programmed in various things like this into the client, like the Auction House results delay.
By Sabishii 2017-07-10 18:15:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Okay, I was doing the quest In the Land of the Blind and I had the RoE daily for ambu volume 1 (undead) active. I killed the Jovial Ahriman that spawned and it counted as undead for the ROE, completing it and giving me the KI for ambuscade. o_O

Ahriman are demons. Only thing I can think of for this discreprancy is that THIS particular Ahriman uses cruel joke, an undead type attack from vagary (balamor's move), so they had to make the enemy count as undead so it doesn't intimidate itself or something?

By jopa 2017-07-10 21:00:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Sabishii said: »
Okay, I was doing the quest In the Land of the Blind and I had the RoE daily for ambu volume 1 (undead) active. I killed the Jovial Ahriman that spawned and it counted as undead for the ROE, completing it and giving me the KI for ambuscade. o_O

Ahriman are demons. Only thing I can think of for this discreprancy is that THIS particular Ahriman uses cruel joke, an undead type attack from vagary (balamor's move), so they had to make the enemy count as undead so it doesn't intimidate itself or something?

[+]
By Sabishii 2017-07-11 00:43:14
Link | Quote | Reply

jopa said: »
Sabishii said: »

Odin.Godofgods
Server: Odin
By Odin.Godofgods 2017-07-13 13:34:45
Link | Quote | Reply

I cant seem to get the Armband/command verification for 75 nyzul runs. Others in the group can, but the blu guard just tells me to go away. I have the imperial standing, and i have no issue getting armband in leujaoam sanctum (where i was last doing regular assaults).
 Shiva.Hiep
user: Hiepo
By Shiva.Hiep 2017-07-14 05:50:09
Link | Quote | Reply

When does the CP campaign start?

Post deleted by User.
By silvanesti 2017-07-18 22:39:01
Link | Quote | Reply

A daily log in points question. Is the max amount of points that carries over each month 1,500 points? Meaning even if you wanted to save for a few months, at the beginning of each month your points would revert to 1,500?

Cheers
 Leviathan.Isiolia
Server: Leviathan
user: Isiolia
By Leviathan.Isiolia 2017-07-18 22:43:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Yes, you only carry over a maximum of 1500 points into the new login point period. So you may as well spend them down to that.
By silvanesti 2017-07-18 23:12:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Ok thanks!
 Asura.Pergatory
user: Pergatory
By Asura.Pergatory 2017-07-19 10:09:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Godofgods said: »
I cant seem to get the Armband/command verification for 75 nyzul runs. Others in the group can, but the blu guard just tells me to go away. I have the imperial standing, and i have no issue getting armband in leujaoam sanctum (where i was last doing regular assaults).
You probably already have an armband. It's the same armband for all zones, so if you have one leftover from Leujaoam, for example, you can use it at Nyzul.
 Bismarck.Zuidar
Server: Bismarck
user: Radiuz
By Bismarck.Zuidar 2017-07-19 21:11:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Man... what's the best way to take over Tavnazia region under beastmen control? Didn't get bountiful bazaar kupower, so only option is just taking it over. I need parsley damnit!
 Asura.Ccl
user: ccl
By Asura.Ccl 2017-07-20 12:11:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Game crash when I try to dual box on windows 10 with windower, any fix/idea ?
 Leviathan.Isiolia
user: Isiolia
By Leviathan.Isiolia 2017-07-20 12:29:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Ccl said: »
Game crash when I try to dual box on windows 10 with windower, any fix/idea ?

Might depend on when/how it's crashing. I know if you have the User Account Control confirmation window pop up when launching the second instance (screen darkens, little thing says Administrator access is required), it's gonna crash whatever other copies are already in-game. The simple solution there is to turn UAC off so it never notifies you.

I think you can also get around it by starting both copies at about the same time, not being all the way in-game on one before launching the other...but disabling UAC is preferable in case one crashes and has to get restarted (or something else pops up a UAC notification).
 Asura.Ccl
user: ccl
By Asura.Ccl 2017-07-20 12:39:49
Link | Quote | Reply

that fixed it, tyvm
 Asura.Kazaki
user: Kazaki
By Asura.Kazaki 2017-07-20 18:01:25
Link | Quote | Reply

How much amber light is the ideal amount to farm Sisyphus fragments from gold chests?

Post deleted by User.
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2017-07-20 18:39:50
Link | Quote | Reply

I'll agree on capped pearl and no ruby/azure. AMber varies with martello strength and zone status though, and I usually stop at like 64 in uleguerand even on leviathan(which is mostly dead).
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2017-07-20 18:49:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Comeatmebro said: »
I'll agree on capped pearl and no ruby/azure. AMber varies with martello strength and zone status though, and I usually stop at like 64 in uleguerand even on leviathan(which is mostly dead).

Proudly dead!
First Page 2 3 ... 495 496 497 ... 834 835 836