Random Question Thread (FFXI Related)

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Random Question thread (FFXI related)
Random Question thread (FFXI related)
First Page 2 3 ... 493 494 495 ... 834 835 836
 Siren.Kyte
Server: Siren
Game: FFXI
By Siren.Kyte 2017-06-15 01:42:38
Link | Quote | Reply

no;no
[+]
 Lakshmi.Geneyus
Server: Lakshmi
user: Geneyus
By Lakshmi.Geneyus 2017-06-15 18:10:32
Link | Quote | Reply

To expand, no way to restart without resetting progress.

The mythic questline will reset you back to the start of duties, tasks, and deeds.

The aeonic questline you can kill your malformed KI but lose the beads and need to farm 50K to buy a new one. You don't have to complete the weapon to start again, luckily.
By clearlyamule 2017-06-19 15:15:16
Link | Quote | Reply

So got http://www.ffxiah.com/item/5526/e-tincture-frb from goblin chest recently. Anyone have any clue what it's for?
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
Server: Leviathan
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2017-06-19 15:17:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Gives a buff during WKR. Entirely pointless system, the buffs aren't even very strong.
 Quetzalcoatl.Khajit
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Khajit
By Quetzalcoatl.Khajit 2017-06-19 15:23:52
Link | Quote | Reply

What assistant settings are best used for farming worm mulch in mog garden?
By clearlyamule 2017-06-19 15:33:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Comeatmebro said: »
Gives a buff during WKR. Entirely pointless system, the buffs aren't even very strong.
That's what I thought at first too except it's named slightly differently as a budtincture instead of tincture though could just a be a translation problem but it also doesn't say but buff it gives. Guess could be another one but then what does it give!?!

Also did we ever completely track down when and where it all could be used. I know I was able to use one right outside of town once but normally couldn't. Think I could always use them in delve
By Draylo 2017-06-19 20:47:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Anyone know how to get rid of the missed messages on the answeringmachine addon? Don't need that feature at all.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Quetzalcoatl.Khajit
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Khajit
By Quetzalcoatl.Khajit 2017-06-21 11:37:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Is http://www.great-blue.jp/?lng=en down for anyone else? I've been using it for fishing while i make lu shang+1 while bored.
 Valefor.Gryffen
Server: Valefor
user: gryff
By Valefor.Gryffen 2017-06-21 19:10:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Hi all! I've been having an odd issue with my wired Xbox 360 controller. I'm using XBCD drivers on Windows 10, and everything works perfectly for the most part.

However, occasionally when trying to run (pushing the left joystick fully forward), my character will begin walking instead of running. It seems to localize to specific points near straight forward, but it never seems to be exactly the same spot. If I rotate the joystick slightly to the left or right, I will usually resume running.

Has anyone experienced this before? I tried re-doing the joystick calibration in the FFXI Settings, but it did not resolve the issue. It's very frustrating to be randomly stuck walking instead of running... any input would be highly appreciated! Thanks!
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
user: Byrthnoth
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2017-06-21 19:39:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Can you guys log in? I got DCed and seem to be able to access the entire internet except for FFXI.
By clearlyamule 2017-06-21 19:40:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Byrth said: »
Can you guys log in? I got DCed and seem to be able to access the entire internet except for FFXI.
I'm in
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
user: Byrthnoth
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2017-06-21 19:44:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Just got back in
 Leviathan.Nitenichi
user: camaroz
By Leviathan.Nitenichi 2017-06-21 19:45:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Byrth said: »

Udoo on Leviathan is having the exact same problem

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Leviathan.Vedder
By Leviathan.Vedder 2017-06-25 19:07:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Just curious if there's a 100% way to proc avatars (fenrir/titan/diablos to be exact) or if its just random based on using the proper proc? Is imagine a bst/tank/dd/dnc setup is most beneficial? Trying to farm gears I never had chance to get/farm upgrade items on the reg(tenzen spam I know but ppl say Levi is easy yet he owns me a lot)
 Leviathan.Stamos
user: Stamos
By Leviathan.Stamos 2017-06-25 19:20:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Each Avatar has different procs for different things. Copied this from a post on here. This is why Leviathan is the best to melee spam.

| Melee | Ranged | Magic | Add Eff |
----------------------------------------------------
Titan | Pet | WS | Abi | Mag |
Levi | Mag | Pet | Abi | WS |
Shiva | Mag | Pet | Abi | WS |
Ifrit | Abi | WS | Pet | Mag |
Ramuh | Mag | Abi | WS | Pet |
Garuda | Pet | Mag | WS | Abi |
Carb | Pet | WS | Abi | Mag |
Fenrir | Mag | Abi | Pet | WS |
Diab | Abi | Pet | WS | Mag |
 Leviathan.Vedder
By Leviathan.Vedder 2017-06-25 20:02:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Ok thx stamos, so for carb, a good setup would be pups and cors with some one casting as well?
 Leviathan.Stamos
user: Stamos
By Leviathan.Stamos 2017-06-25 23:02:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Depends on your setup. But you would want a PUP/DRG/SMN/BST just for the proc to remove to boost your melee dmg. Don't really need to care about ranged damage, unless you want to go RNG.
 Asura.Vienner
Server: Asura
By Asura.Vienner 2017-06-26 02:37:26
Link | Quote | Reply

So I've been the designated WHM for a good year now. For that I've changed my config to PC armor display > Static, this for blinking purposes. Now I'm kinda tired of looking at JSE all the time and was wondering if there's another way to prevent blinking or if there's a command I can type in console to switch between static and active PC armor.
 Leviathan.Vedder
By Leviathan.Vedder 2017-06-26 03:19:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Who blinks in this day an age between /lockstyle and add ins similar to it? Is just advise ppl to /lifestyle myself
[+]
 Asura.Azkal
user: Dartanion
By Asura.Azkal 2017-06-26 04:03:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Has anyone tried or is it even possible to have 2 of the same relic but different level? For example having an ilvl.119 aegis for new content and have a lv.75 aegis for capped content. from what i've heard the level syncing isn't very friendly to relics/mythics so if this possible that would be pretty cool.
 Leviathan.Vedder
By Leviathan.Vedder 2017-06-26 05:22:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Think martel was examining that awhile back but don't recall what the result was
 Asura.Vienner
By Asura.Vienner 2017-06-26 05:24:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Vedder said: »
Who blinks in this day an age between /lockstyle and add ins similar to it? Is just advise ppl to /lifestyle myself
Well...thanks for the answer...I suppose.
 Leviathan.Vedder
By Leviathan.Vedder 2017-06-26 05:55:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Lol just noticed my typos there meant "I would just advise ppl to /lockstyle myself"

There quite possibly is a command but I have never run across it and the ways I stated are pretty easy to implement, I mean, as a melee myself am I gonna risk pissing off/making things harder on the one person who decides if I live or die when/if I get hate? When I've cured in pt's, if person is blinking constantly then let them learn to use the tools they're easily provided with.
 Asura.Vienner
By Asura.Vienner 2017-06-26 06:04:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Vedder said: »
Lol just noticed my typos there meant "I would just advise ppl to /lockstyle myself"

There quite possibly is a command but I have never run across it and the ways I stated are pretty easy to implement, I mean, as a melee myself am I gonna risk pissing off/making things harder on the one person who decides if I live or die when/if I get hate? When I've cured in pt's, if person is blinking constantly then let them learn to use the tools they're easily provided with.
Mhm I could do that. I miss the time of blinkmenot, last thing I heared dressup isnt working correctly.
By Bahadir 2017-06-26 06:45:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Admittedly I havent paid attention too much lately but as far as I know you still blink (even with /lockstyle) when you change weapons. That includes ranged weapons/accessory.

So the one annoying thing about being a Nin is that you make your Whm not like you, cause if you change from shurikens to other ranged equip to WS it will blink.
Might be a reason for a Whm to use an add-on to block that.
 Leviathan.Vedder
By Leviathan.Vedder 2017-06-26 07:07:50
Link | Quote | Reply

I didn't know you blinked from that, the weapon changing yes but not ammo swaps as I swap ginseng/knobbierre all the time and don't blink so its probably specific to things that have a model
 Asura.Brennski
user: Ogri
By Asura.Brennski 2017-06-26 07:25:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Shurikens to other ammos cause you to blink. Changing Weapon Type causes you to blink so Club + Shield to Staff for mages.
Or Great Sword to Great Axe for WAR for example.

If you keep the same weapon type you will keep the one you had on when you started the lockstyle.
 Leviathan.Kuryomi
user: Kuryomi
By Leviathan.Kuryomi 2017-06-26 07:51:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Looking for opinions on which is better now days and why. Sam war or drk? I ask because I have played all three before I quit and with modern content it don't look like I'll play either in goups
First Page 2 3 ... 493 494 495 ... 834 835 836