Random Question Thread (FFXI Related)

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Random Question thread (FFXI related)
Random Question thread (FFXI related)
First Page 2 3 ... 487 488 489 ... 834 835 836
 Bahamut.Negan
Server: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: Negan
By Bahamut.Negan 2017-05-07 17:33:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Krizz said: »
Is there a single updated map pack posted somewhere? I can't seem to find one that has the good Abyssea maps and SoA (or even include all of SoA apparently).

I use http://www.ffxiah.com/forum/topic/47849/updated-custom-map-pack-soa-and-rov/
[+]
 Asura.Lunafreya
Server: Asura
user: Lunafreya
By Asura.Lunafreya 2017-05-09 15:04:54
Link | Quote | Reply

How do Apoc DRKs stack up nowadays? Recommend building one or not worth it?
 Asura.Azagarth
user: Azagarth
By Asura.Azagarth 2017-05-09 15:42:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Apoc is arguably the weakest of all DRK's ream. With that said apoc offers a lot to a career drk and shouldn't be passed up for its cheap price nowadays. Its not #1 in dps, but it will let you self heal basically on anything mid lv. I tend to use on this such as T1-T3 when the mages are bad at healing or I am solo, in omen farm floors or T3 bosses (whm dependent), and It was the best apex cp weapon ive ever used (no need for whm and 2nd sc DD).
[+]
By Kokonoe 2017-05-09 17:08:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Any chance of them doing a "Return Home to Vana‘diel Campaign" for the anniversary?
 Quetzalcoatl.Khajit
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Khajit
By Quetzalcoatl.Khajit 2017-05-09 17:56:58
Link | Quote | Reply

I'd like to get a crafting apron to reach another hq tier on a subcraft for my shield roe.
Is there a way to rank down in crafting so that I can't go above 70 by accident after i've bought the apron?
 Fenrir.Tarowyn
Server: Fenrir
user: Tarowyn
By Fenrir.Tarowyn 2017-05-09 19:17:50
Link | Quote | Reply

If you talk to the guild master of the craft you want to keep at 110, they'll give you the option of ranking other crafts down to Craftsman.
 Asura.Truece
user: Truece
By Asura.Truece 2017-05-09 19:47:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Kokonoe said: »
Any chance of them doing a "Return Home to Vana‘diel Campaign" for the anniversary?

Maybe there will be one that coincides with this:
http://www.ffxiah.com/forum/topic/46005/dev-tracker-news-discussions/145/#3258065
 Odin.Geriond
Server: Odin
user: Gerion
By Odin.Geriond 2017-05-09 19:50:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Are there any known Abyssea NMs that drop Lucid Potion IIIs upon defeat?
By Staleyx 2017-05-11 06:19:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Any crafters out there reroll the 2nd turn in quest? If so did you have to start over on first turn in quest?
By zaxtiss 2017-05-11 14:52:39
Link | Quote | Reply

hey anyone remember off the top there heads what tier spells Golden Kist uses when aura is up?
By OmniKroe 2017-05-12 12:45:38
Link | Quote | Reply

2 random questions. Im pretty sure i know the answer to but cant test for a bit.

1. Geomancer can set enmity on a mob (to effect enfeebling bubbles) by curing/hasting/protecting/regening a player who has enmity on a mob right?

2. Red mage enhancing magic duration effects spekls cast on others as well? Something someone said about it only effecting you (possibly composure) has thrown me off, i just want to confirm before i gear it that i can cast like ridiculous duration buffs on my allies.
 Shiva.Spynx
Server: Shiva
user: auron86
By Shiva.Spynx 2017-05-12 12:54:21
Link | Quote | Reply

OmniKroe said: »
1. Geomancer can set enmity on a mob (to effect enfeebling bubbles) by curing/hasting/protecting/regening a player who has enmity on a mob right?

Correct, you simply need to be on hate list of the mob

OmniKroe said: »
2. Red mage enhancing magic duration effects spells cast on others as well? Something someone said about it only effecting you (possibly composure) has thrown me off, i just want to confirm before i gear it that i can cast like ridiculous duration buffs on my allies.
Composure enhances duration only for spell cast on yourself but any gear increasing enhancing duration will work regardless of who is the target unless otherwise specified (e.g. "Enhance duration of refresh received")
By OmniKroe 2017-05-12 16:23:29
Link | Quote | Reply

And whats a realistic number of minutes to expect if you had a reasonable enhancing duration set? Lets say for haste 2.

Also thank you for the reply

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
Server: Leviathan
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2017-05-13 12:19:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Seen quite a few people and my own results supporting the idea that fern don't raise the cap on special augments when augmenting a weapon. However, the only mention I can find in regards to gada with +6 said fern was used.

That said, I have a huge excess of taupe/pellucid stones I'd like to burn on Enhancing+6 Gada(s). Can anyone confirm whether they've seen enhancing+6 on gada in general, or specifically with taupe/pellucid?
 Shiva.Spynx
By Shiva.Spynx 2017-05-13 12:58:06
Link | Quote | Reply

So, a friend of mine ranked up to Artisan in a sub-craft by mistake (don't ask...) and this is messing up many synth as his main one keep de-lvling when the subcraft skills up. Is there a way to give up your crafting rank and lock him into Craftsman again?

Some old forum says to speak to guild masters but it doesn't seem to give that option

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Shiva.Spynx
By Shiva.Spynx 2017-05-13 13:12:45
Link | Quote | Reply

The guild master gives a line on going to Jeuno (eschuton quests) so if it's still possible, he need to complete that quest before I guess (zoning and talking like 10 times didn't change this)
 Odin.Horu
user: stratusx
By Odin.Horu 2017-05-14 06:24:57
Link | Quote | Reply

does double/triple/quadruple (D/T/Q) attack from traits/gear/abilitys affect WSs that is a single hit but is counted as a multi teir dmg WS?

E.G. Blade:Hi - Deals quadruple damage
E.G. Rudra's storm - Deals quintuple damage

if D/T/Q attack does affect WSs like these, is the extra hits calculated before or after the ftp?

and is it more worth to aim for the D/T/Q or aim for things like "Chance of critical hit" or WSC?
 Odin.Horu
By Odin.Horu 2017-05-14 06:27:50
Link | Quote | Reply

zaxtiss said: »
hey anyone remember off the top there heads what tier spells Golden Kist uses when aura is up?
Its spell type is random, you gotta watch what its casting or test with random elements to find its weakness to break the aura
By Bahadir 2017-05-14 07:17:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Horu said: »
does double/triple/quadruple (D/T/Q) attack from traits/gear/abilitys affect WSs that is a single hit but is counted as a multi teir dmg WS?

if D/T/Q attack does affect WSs like these, is the extra hits calculated before or after the ftp?

and is it more worth to aim for the D/T/Q or aim for things like "Chance of critical hit" or WSC?

It depends on the WS. For some WS the fTP is transferred through all hits. This then affects multi hit from external sources (i.e. not from the WS itself).
Example:
Blade: Shun transfers TP through all hits. That means if you use Fortia Neck/Waist you have an fTP of 1.2 that applies to all hits, i.e. to the 5 nativ hits + and double/mutli attack proc.

Blade: Hi on the other hand has an fTP that does not transfer (damn if it would that would be so OP...). The WS itself is just one hit with fTP 5. Any multi attack proc adds a normal melee swing (so as if fTP was just 1). Fortia neck/belt increase the fTP of the first hit! so 5 becomes 5.2. but it does not affect any of the additional hits as the fTP does not transfer.

EDIT: Well noticed it was misleading: "adds a normal melee hit" is not quite correct. As far as I know WS stat mods do apply to all further hits, just fTP is 1. So its not a "normal melee" hit in that sense...
[+]
By Shazu 2017-05-14 18:13:23
Link | Quote | Reply

What's the strategy for TP burn CP groups these days? Is it the same as the days of ToAU? Have a BRD continuously pull mobs and sleep them next to the group?
 Odin.Slore
user: Slore
By Odin.Slore 2017-05-14 19:16:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Skillchains, usually a 3 step
 Odin.Horu
By Odin.Horu 2017-05-15 04:18:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahadir said: »
Odin.Horu said: »

It depends on the WS. For some WS the fTP is transferred through all hits. This then affects multi hit from external sources (i.e. not from the WS itself).
Example:
Blade: Shun transfers TP through all hits. That means if you use Fortia Neck/Waist you have an fTP of 1.2 that applies to all hits, i.e. to the 5 nativ hits + and double/mutli attack proc.

Blade: Hi on the other hand has an fTP that does not transfer (damn if it would that would be so OP...). The WS itself is just one hit with fTP 5. Any multi attack proc adds a normal melee swing (so as if fTP was just 1). Fortia neck/belt increase the fTP of the first hit! so 5 becomes 5.2. but it does not affect any of the additional hits as the fTP does not transfer.

EDIT: Well noticed it was misleading: "adds a normal melee hit" is not quite correct. As far as I know WS stat mods do apply to all further hits, just fTP is 1. So its not a "normal melee" hit in that sense...
Thanks for the reply, makes a bit more sense like that in terms of dmg
 Odin.Horu
By Odin.Horu 2017-05-15 04:24:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Shazu said: »
What's the strategy for TP burn CP groups these days? Is it the same as the days of ToAU? Have a BRD continuously pull mobs and sleep them next to the group?

Odin.Slore said: »
Skillchains, usually a 3 step

3 step if you have strong DDs like a GS wielder since their dmg scales with tp, however it your not so lucky to get WSers that scale, aim for higher SC sets, I.E go for 5-6(6 if your timings good), 5th and 6th teir SC get a further boost in power and can even turn a 7k WS into 40k+ depending on your SC gear.

More time wasted on reseting the SC to finish it off, the more time wasted in starting the next mob which means another 15-60k CP lost.

E.G 15-20 sec kill -> 30-50 sec kill (You can fit 1-2 more mobs in that time slot)
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2017-05-15 04:36:22
Link | Quote | Reply

According to the camp you're at, slightly slower kills might actually be beneficial, as in you won't run out of mobs and won't kill the chain.

I didn't do the math, but I think if you lose the chain you lose way more CP/hr than the amount you lose from taking a few more seconds on each kill.

I've been able to reach >6000k CP/hr in a group where we were just spamming WS without bothering too much on SCs (lot of SCs happened but they were 2 step).
Not sure if 6000k CP/hr is an acceptable rate for people these days, but personally, while I've reached much higher records, I'm happy when I'm around that amount.
 Odin.Horu
By Odin.Horu 2017-05-15 08:47:42
Link | Quote | Reply

to calculate if its worth is dependand on how far into your gifts you are, if you have alot of CP boosts gifts then you calculate differently from if you have a few. anyways, on a average camp without competition, you'll maintain mobs, which makes killing faster better, and the only break is after 40-50++ chain which pretty much means you gain more CP that way since even if you break, you regain your chain faster.

Edit: Calculate by job points, not CP
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
Server: Leviathan
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2017-05-15 08:52:40
Link | Quote | Reply

i'm assuming he means 6000k, which is 200 jp/hr

pretty reasonable to do that or higher when you have gifts, would be inclined to call *** if he means starting at 0 gifts though
 Odin.Horu
By Odin.Horu 2017-05-15 08:55:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks comeatmet, Sorry, i'd edited my post before.

But yeah, he didn't mention if his calculation is during a campaign too, campaign calculate completely differently than outside of campaign since its 2-3 times depending on the teir of your chain and if you reach the CP cap per kill.
 Sylph.Kuwoobie
Server: Sylph
user: Kuwoobie
By Sylph.Kuwoobie 2017-05-15 12:35:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Ahahahaha...no seriously guys. I keep thinking about playing again but then I see stuff like this. What exactly is going on with monk and job balance currently?
First Page 2 3 ... 487 488 489 ... 834 835 836